Bitcoin Forum
January 17, 2019, 10:13:58 PM *
News: The copper membership price will increase by about 300% around Friday.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Phoenix - Efficient, fast, modular miner  (Read 759050 times)
drgr33n
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 266
Merit: 250



View Profile
May 11, 2011, 03:33:56 AM
 #421

Can someone post instructions from a barebox to making this work ?

I'm having trouble getting it to run. I have bitcoind running as a daemon and that's about it.



 File "./phoenix.py", line 123, in <module>
    miner.start(options)
  File "/home/fahayek/Downloads/phoenix-1.46/Miner.py", line 74, in start
    self.kernel = self.options.makeKernel(KernelInterface(self))
  File "./phoenix.py", line 111, in makeKernel
    kernelModule = imp.load_module(module, file, filename, smt)
  File "kernels/poclbm/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    import pyopencl as cl
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyopencl/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    import pyopencl._cl as _cl
ImportError: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory



Check out linuxcoin Cheesy
1547763238
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1547763238

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1547763238
Reply with quote  #2

1547763238
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1547763238
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1547763238

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1547763238
Reply with quote  #2

1547763238
Report to moderator
zoro
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 225
Merit: 100


View Profile
May 11, 2011, 04:28:48 AM
 #422

exactly the same with deepbit.
although i see 0 rejected in all workers, some workers have 5% stales!
others have 0%
very strange!
latest news: i see an increase to average speed in last 5 minutes and at the end of the round, meaning i get more in each round!
thus i think 1.46 is better even with more stalled shares (or deepbit stalled reports are wrong!), i am not sure about pps though Smiley

"killer app" of BTC = MasterCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.0Mastercoin(A new protocol layer on top of Bitcoin)
Nicksasa
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 288
Merit: 250



View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 09:39:18 AM
 #423

This is not only with phoenix but also with poclbm but why does -v on 69XX cards reduce the mhash/s ? As i see it speeds it up on the 5XXX cards.

kalifg
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1
Merit: 0


View Profile
May 11, 2011, 03:28:42 PM
 #424

Trying to get it to run on Mac OS X. It worked once with DEVICE=0 VECTORS AGGRESSION=7 but after stopping it to try other parameters it stopped working with the error "[25/04/2011 15:59:52] FATAL kernel error: Failed to compile OpenCL kernel!". Looking in the generated crash log there's this:


Code:
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000101fc3000
Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   libSystem.B.dylib                   0x00007fff87fa7506 strtol_l + 75
1   ...pple.ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver      0x000000011502632f glrCompDeleteProgram + 4895
2   ...pple.ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver      0x0000000115026535 glrCompDeleteProgram + 5413
...

I have the same problem.  Deleting the phoenix directory and untarring a fresh copy of the code allows me to run it again.  I found that removing the file kernels/poclbm/34084881c46d0a0ca533f7a327086560.elf allowed me to run it again.
manifold
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 62
Merit: 0


View Profile
May 11, 2011, 07:00:03 PM
 #425

Hi, I get the same error as F.A. Hayek .

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "phoenix.py", line 123, in <module>
    miner.start(options)
  File "/home/myusername/Programme/phoenix/Miner.py", line 74, in start
    self.kernel = self.options.makeKernel(KernelInterface(self))
  File "phoenix.py", line 111, in makeKernel
    kernelModule = imp.load_module(module, file, filename, smt)
  File "kernels/poclbm/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    import pyopencl as cl
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyopencl/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    import pyopencl._cl as _cl
ImportError: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I installed already the python-PyOpenCL package.

Or do I have to download some files from here:
https://github.com/m0mchil/poclbm
and copy them into the kernel folder?


I got the ATI 5770 in Ubuntu with the fglrx Package from the restricted driver manager.


What can I do?
niooron
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 192
Merit: 100


View Profile
May 11, 2011, 07:48:11 PM
 #426

I don't know if this was already found, but I just opened 2 instances of phoenix at agression=3 and I am getting the same mhash/s than agression=8 or 9 on a single instance, only without any desktop lag.

Can someone else try?
manifold
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 62
Merit: 0


View Profile
May 11, 2011, 08:44:04 PM
 #427

Hi, I get the same error as F.A. Hayek .

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "phoenix.py", line 123, in <module>
    miner.start(options)
  File "/home/myusername/Programme/phoenix/Miner.py", line 74, in start
    self.kernel = self.options.makeKernel(KernelInterface(self))
  File "phoenix.py", line 111, in makeKernel
    kernelModule = imp.load_module(module, file, filename, smt)
  File "kernels/poclbm/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    import pyopencl as cl
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/pyopencl/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    import pyopencl._cl as _cl
ImportError: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I installed already the python-PyOpenCL package.

Or do I have to download some files from here:
https://github.com/m0mchil/poclbm
and copy them into the kernel folder?


I got the ATI 5770 in Ubuntu with the fglrx Package from the restricted driver manager.


What can I do?

Ok Now It works! I had to download the sdk and follow the instructions... now iot works... 100 MHash/s
jkminkov
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 698
Merit: 500


View Profile
May 11, 2011, 09:14:10 PM
 #428

I have two cards 6950 and 5780 on one rig, and when I try to stop(ctrl+c) one miner, system hangs win7 x64, if I'm lucky I can stop both miners and then start them again

Bleutrade
10,000 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
jedi95
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 219
Merit: 100


View Profile
May 11, 2011, 10:18:53 PM
 #429

I have no idea why reloading the cached kernel fails on OSX. I don't have any way to test this because I don't have a mac. (and never will)

As a workaround you can replace __init__.py in the kernels\poclbm folder with this version:
Download


This modification simply skips caching the kernel, which means it's compiled every time you start Phoenix.

Phoenix Miner developer

Donations appreciated at:
1PHoenix9j9J3M6v3VQYWeXrHPPjf7y3rU
shackleford
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 284
Merit: 100



View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:07:17 AM
 #430

I have two cards 6950 and 5780 on one rig, and when I try to stop(ctrl+c) one miner, system hangs win7 x64, if I'm lucky I can stop both miners and then start them again

I just came here to post the same thing, glad I am not alone.

Windows on an otherwise stable machine will lock up when hitting the X on the DOS box with like a 60% chance and Cntrl C has like a 40% chance of lock up. (my guesstimate)

Two miners both 5870's on Windows 7 64b
Catalyst  11.4 (then 11.5) and 2.4 OCL  with and without the additional phatk kernel

(great miner btw)
BOARBEAR
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 77
Merit: 10


View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:13:23 AM
 #431

I have two cards 6950 and 5780 on one rig, and when I try to stop(ctrl+c) one miner, system hangs win7 x64, if I'm lucky I can stop both miners and then start them again

I just came here to post the same thing, glad I am not alone.

Windows on an otherwise stable machine will lock up when hitting the X on the DOS box with like a 60% chance and Cntrl C has like a 40% chance of lock up. (my guesstimate)

Two miners both 5870's on Windows 7 64b
Catalyst  11.4 (then 11.5) and 2.4 OCL  with and without the additional phatk kernel

(great miner btw)

I have this problem too
manifold
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 62
Merit: 0


View Profile
May 12, 2011, 11:17:21 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2011, 11:40:15 AM by manifold
 #432

1.46 has been released which fixes the idle problem.

Code:
Warning: work queue empty, miner is idle
I still get the error with the current trunk Revision 82.


The error is really bad...



I use the command:
python phoenix.py  -u http://user:pass@mining.bitcoin.cz:8332 -k poclbm DEVICE=0 VECTORS BFI_INT* FASTLOOP=false AGGRESSION=9
with a ATI 5770
tiberiandusk
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 576
Merit: 500


The North Remembers


View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 12:15:38 PM
 #433

I'm getting the same error. On deepbit with the same settings I don't have this problem. Could it be related to the speed of the actual server not being able to keep up?

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
shivansps
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 784
Merit: 501


The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem


View Profile
May 12, 2011, 01:57:37 PM
 #434

jedi, one question the phoenix miners gives a error about it cant find kernel on winpe.

It needs some global variable or something?



▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token


▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe


.I C N Q   T O K E N.

The Token for Digital Asset Management
Clavulanic
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 630
Merit: 250



View Profile
May 12, 2011, 05:35:04 PM
 #435

I upgraded to phoenix 1.46 last night and used the phatk kernal that jedi made.

I check back in the morning and both of my clients have 0 rejected shares!

I used to get 1.5-2% rejected shares before hand. I was also on aggression 7 and fastloop, while I am now on aggression 13 and fastloop false. Is this accurate or is it a bug of some sort? I don't think slush's pool displays rejected shares so I can't tell through that.


                           ▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange


   The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November


                           ▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
varepsilon
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 8
Merit: 0


View Profile
May 12, 2011, 07:10:02 PM
 #436

exactly the same with deepbit.
although i see 0 rejected in all workers, some workers have 5% stales!
others have 0%
very strange!

I have the same problem with deepbit. Consider switching back to poclbm
bobR
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 112
Merit: 10


View Profile
May 12, 2011, 07:35:51 PM
 #437

exactly the same with deepbit.
although i see 0 rejected in all workers, some workers have 5% stales!
others have 0%
very strange!

I have the same problem with deepbit. Consider switching back to poclbm

Phoenix seems to not be reporting stales as rejects
jedi95
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 219
Merit: 100


View Profile
May 13, 2011, 03:48:35 AM
 #438

Version 1.47 has been released.

This version fixes rejected shares being counted as accepted.

Phoenix Miner developer

Donations appreciated at:
1PHoenix9j9J3M6v3VQYWeXrHPPjf7y3rU
ataranlen
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000


The One and Only


View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 03:54:21 AM
 #439

Version 1.47 has been released.

This version fixes rejected shares being counted as accepted.

Awesome! Now I can finally see my true share:rejected ratio on my miners!

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
JorgePasada
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 61
Merit: 10


View Profile
May 13, 2011, 08:00:11 AM
 #440

Any guides on how to set this up?

https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=3359.msg108953#msg108953

I used the above one with no luck, but I'm kind of a noob so I 'm not sure if I'm even doing anything right.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!