Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:16:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 [469] 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804616 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 12:49:34 PM

You. I can't
Nice try to blame me because of your own problem  Grin
I physically can not stop you from doing or not doing anything. Roll Eyes
But some demons in your head can Shocked

I agree with Passion_ltc. Your behavior is kinda childish or trollish. Especially for one of the largest Nxt stakeholders.

Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:23:54 PM

write me a PM and we will chat on Skype, where I will remove all your concerns you have right now.
What stops you to make it public? Huh

Max would not do such a thing unless he had your permission.  The team had a 3 hour Skype conference with 5000bitcoins around Xmas time.  Do you see any of it posted here?

5000bitcoins has bought around 5 mil XCR as I remember. Were is he now?

He is working on some asset of the superNET. It's called PangeaPoker and will be a decentralized poker software. I'm sure he is pretty busy with that project, so either he sold his stake over time or he holds them and is waiting. Smiley

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:38:52 PM

Bter update

Bter has sucessfully updated their code, they tested withdrawals/deposits and it seems like everything is working fine. Smiley

We found another very minor issue in the v0.1.9 branch, which will be fixed very soon in an upcoming v0.1.9g version. Bter will then update to this latest g version and will then enable the withdrawals.

Why do we wait for v0.1.9g?

It is important to understand, that we are handling your money here. It is not acceptable to have issues in the code, that's why we are testing the versions for so long. Even through it's only a very minor issue, we want to fix it, before we allow a process in which a large part of all XCR will be moved.

I hope you understand us. Your XCR are safe and soon they will be in your Crypti address! Smiley

Here is the latest Bter tweet corresponding to this.

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:13:27 PM

write me a PM and we will chat on Skype, where I will remove all your concerns you have right now.
Max would not do such a thing unless he had your permission.  The team had a 3 hour Skype conference with 5000bitcoins around Xmas time.  Do you see any of it posted here?
I think you do not understand. I want my questions to be answered in public and not hiding discussion in some private skype conference. I am really confused about the reasons why i am supposed to use PM and skype. Roll Eyes
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:17:44 PM

Max would not do such a thing unless he had your permission.  The team had a 3 hour Skype conference with 5000bitcoins around Xmas time.  Do you see any of it posted here?
I think you do not understand. I want my questions to be answered in public and not hiding discussion in some private skype conference. I am really confused about the reasons why i am supposed to use PM and skype. Roll Eyes

Which questions? You do not fully grasp and comprehend the whole system. You are only trolling and you are absolutely NOT serious here.  Cheesy

But we still love you.  Roll Eyes

Also you are only here to antagonize. Your statements are contradicting each other.

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/whats-happening-with-development-of-2-0-cryptos/msg108100/

Here you say, that only at Bitshares you see progress. Now we are taking their consensus mechanism and you flame us to the hell. You also say that the development of the 2.0 coins are stagnating, here we are actively developing a nice system and you are only hindering us with all these. It's my part as a community manager to take care of you, but I can also really take care of more important things.  Kiss

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:26:50 PM

Max would not do such a thing unless he had your permission.  The team had a 3 hour Skype conference with 5000bitcoins around Xmas time.  Do you see any of it posted here?

Max wants to avoid a 3 page post in this forum, if possible.  We had 3 hours with 5000bitcoins.  

If you want to post a Skype conversation for others, it would be permissible, PROVIDED it was posted in full, and not edited in any way, and Max gave his permission.

Some of at you have asked is still in the testing phase, and may be changed before release.  

starik69
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 08:59:39 PM

Which questions?
You never saw phrases in my posts ending with the question mark? Grin
Also you are only here to antagonize.
You are wrong. I invested in Crypti from the beginning and want to keep it going right. Cool
Your statements are contradicting each other.
Again you are wrong. Cry
Here you say, that only at Bitshares you see progress. Now we are taking their consensus mechanism and you flame us to the hell.
It was 6 months ago and seeing progress doesn't mean that this progress is going in the right way Tongue
You also say that the development of the 2.0 coins are stagnating, here we are actively developing a nice system and you are only hindering us with all these.
Again, that was half year ago and still Crypti didn't left pre alpha stage. Roll Eyes
Max wants to avoid a 3 page post in this forum, if possible.  We had 3 hours with 5000bitcoins. 
I have no problem with 3 page post, but i think you are exaggerating. Wink
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:11:52 PM

Bter update

Bter has sucessfully updated their code, they tested withdrawals/deposits and it seems like everything is working fine. Smiley

We found another very minor issue in the v0.1.9 branch, which will be fixed very soon in an upcoming v0.1.9g version. Bter will then update to this latest g version and will then enable the withdrawals.

Why do we wait for v0.1.9g?

It is important to understand, that we are handling your money here. It is not acceptable to have issues in the code, that's why we are testing the versions for so long. Even through it's only a very minor issue, we want to fix it, before we allow a process in which a large part of all XCR will be moved.

I hope you understand us. Your XCR are safe and soon they will be in your Crypti address! Smiley

Here is the latest Bter tweet corresponding to this.

Awesome, cant wait to withdraw!
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:04:37 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 05:09:19 PM by Passion_ltc

Public Beta Test v0.2.0

Hello everyone,

I'm proud to announce the public beta test of Crypti v0.2.0! With our biggest update so far we introduce DPoS (Delegated Proof of Stake) as our consensus mechanism, which allows us to deliver a user-friendlier experience to all of you!

What is DPoS?

With the DPoS system there are 101 so-called "top delegates". Top delegates are nodes which are running the Crypti software and thus securing the network. This allows a very short block time, resulting in a better user experience. It is now possible to receive and send transactions within only 10sec, after just 10 blocks (100sec) you can assume that these transactions are fully confirmed within the network. It is important to know, that the block time is fixed! That means that after exactly 10sec a new block is forged, there are no delays (like in Bitcoin). With this we can fully focus on merchant adoption later on, as this topic is always a critic point at other crypto-currencies.

Where is the difference between a "top delegate" and a "standby delegate"?

A top delegate has a rank between 1 and 101. He is actively securing the network. A standby delegate does nothing, he just waits for enough votes to replace a top delegate. Top delegates get fees for forging blocks, while standby delegates get nothing.

How does a delegate become a top delegate?

By you! Every single Crypti user has the power to vote for their favourite delegates. 1 XCR has a voting weight of 1. That means if you own 100,000 XCR your voting weight is 100,000. As there are 100,000,000 XCR you would own a voting weight of 0.1% in total. Every voting procedure costs 1 XCR to you, in order to keep these fees as minimal as possible, you can vote for up to 33 delegates at once for the same fee of 1 XCR. If a delegate doesn't provide a good service, you can also remove your vote from him, again up to 33 delegates at once for the fee of 1 XCR is possible here.

When does a top delegate not provide a good service?

The delegates are the backbone of the network. A cycle consists of 101 blocks, in which every delegate should forge one block. If a delegate is offline in exactly the moment he should forge a block, it is not possible for him to forge it and it will take 20sec for the confirmation of a transaction. That's why it is very important to remove your votes for these "bad" delegates and vote for the ones with the closest to 100% uptime. You can see in the client how well a delegate performs.

How are the fees distributed?

We wanted to remove the lucky factor in the forging process. Our solution offers a consistent profit for the top delegates. What does it mean? As you know from above a cycle consists of 101 blocks. Many of these blocks will be empty, especially with a short block time like ours. In order to make a consistent profit every top delegate will receive the same XCR in every round.

A small example:

Block 1 - Forged by delegate A - With 100 XCR fee added to the pool
Block 2 - Forged by delegate B - With 800 XCR fee added to the pool
Block 3 - Forged by delegate C - With 100 XCR fee added to the pool
Block 4-101 with 0 XCR fees - Forged by the other 98 delegates

= 1000 XCR total fee in the last 101 blocks

At other forging based crypto-currencies the delegates A/B/C would be very lucky in this case. But in Crypti all 101 top delegates (if they were online) will receive the same amount (the average of the fees - 10%* of the last 101 block). In this example the top delegates will all get about 9 XCR. We are very happy about this system, as it will benefit every delegate the same.

* 10% goes to the Crypti Foundation, as a form of constant money stream for the future to continue developing the platform. These funds will be used fully transparent. After the launch of v0.2.0 (mainnet) they accounts will be made public.

Beta testing

It is possible to do two different beta tests.

Experienced Users

If you are an experienced user, we are asking you to install the client (linux only for the beta test). With it you can check everything you want; like delegates, forging, voting and so on.

If you are one of these experienced users please get in contact with Boris or Sebastian. They will provide you with the necessary amount of votes, amount of testnet XCR or whatever you need.

Normal Users

If you are a normal user and simply want to check out the new client, you can simply head to http://testnet.crypti.me. There you can create a new account like always. In order to get a few testnet XCR to start playing around, write Litoshi or me a PM with your Crypti address. Litoshi or I will then send you some testnet XCR to test everything. Sometimes it can take a few hours until I answer. Please be aware of that, else you can also ask in this thread for some testnet XCR, someone else might be faster than me.

For this purpose I will provide some well-known Crypti community members with some testnet XCR in order to distribute them to you.

Testing time frame

We can't give an exact time frame yet. If all things go well, we can release it sooner than later. Please be aware, that the Bter withdrawals will be enabled the following days, only after this we can release v0.2.0.

IMPORTANT - Difference between testnet XCR and real XCR

The XCR you will get in order to test the new client and UI are not real XCR! They are only valid on the testnet and can't be send to Bter or a real Crypti address on the v0.1.9 network.

Download Crypti v0.2.0 BETA for Linux

samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 04:31:35 PM

Many of sleepless nights went in to testing and development of all of this!! and more to come... Today is a happy day for me and the rest of the team!!

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
starik69
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:58:29 PM

How is the exact time for a delegate to forge a block within 101 cycle is determined?  Huh
If not random then...  Roll Eyes
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:01:52 PM

How is the exact time for a delegate to forge a block within 101 cycle is determined?  Huh

Imagine a box with 101 candies. You take them out one by one in random order. How is it determined? Huh Roll Eyes
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:46:48 PM

Imagine a box with 101 candies. You take them out one by one in random order. How is it determined? Huh Roll Eyes

Does not matter which Delegate forged which block.  As Max explained... there are 101 blocks in a cycle....... the top 101 delegates each forge one block, then at the end of the cycle, the fees earned by all 101 forgings are combined and then divided between all 101 delegates.  

It is not important how the network chooses a particular delegate.  It only matters that each delegate does forge one block.

As for the box of candles..... I would first chose the ones that still had birthday cake and frosting on them first, and then lick it off.   Grin Grin

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:25:13 PM

Does not matter which Delegate forged which block.  As Max explained... there are 101 blocks in a cycle....... the top 101 delegates each forge one block, then at the end of the cycle, the fees earned by all 101 forgings are combined and then divided between all 101 delegates.  

I just showed to starik69 how it looks.
jiuge

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:29:31 AM

Congratulations I am with you guys Cheesy

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░███████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

wakong

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:03:06 AM

Greate, but why the price still is so low?
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:20:51 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 08:41:08 AM by dzarmush

Greate, but why the price still is so low?

Largest part of coins is still on Bter and withdrawal is still locked. They already tested deposits/withdrawals and is goong to unlock it within a few days, but for now it is locked.

Also Crypti version 0.2.0 with final algorithm is in open beta and not launched yet. It also may turn either way.

So if everything goes well with Bter and 0.2.0 the price will likely rise within the next few months and Crypti goes to at least top 15-20 coins by cap where it belongs. If it doesn't go well it probably just stays more or less at today level.

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:08:58 PM

Public Beta Test v0.2.0

Hello everyone,

I'm proud to announce the public beta test of Crypti v0.2.0! With our biggest update so far we introduce DPoS (Delegated Proof of Stake) as our consensus mechanism, which allows us to deliver a user-friendlier experience to all of you!

What is DPoS?

With the DPoS system there are 101 so-called "top delegates". Top delegates are nodes which are running the Crypti software and thus securing the network. This allows a very short block time, resulting in a better user experience. It is now possible to receive and send transactions within only 10sec, after just 10 blocks (100sec) you can assume that these transactions are fully confirmed within the network. It is important to know, that the block time is fixed! That means that after exactly 10sec a new block is forged, there are no delays (like in Bitcoin). With this we can fully focus on merchant adoption later on, as this topic is always a critic point at other crypto-currencies.

Where is the difference between a "top delegate" and a "standby delegate"?

A top delegate has a rank between 1 and 101. He is actively securing the network. A standby delegate does nothing, he just waits for enough votes to replace a top delegate. Top delegates get fees for forging blocks, while standby delegates get nothing.

How does a delegate become a top delegate?

By you! Every single Crypti user has the power to vote for their favourite delegates. 1 XCR has a voting weight of 1. That means if you own 100,000 XCR your voting weight is 100,000. As there are 100,000,000 XCR you would own a voting weight of 0.1% in total. Every voting procedure costs 1 XCR to you, in order to keep these fees as minimal as possible, you can vote for up to 33 delegates at once for the same fee of 1 XCR. If a delegate doesn't provide a good service, you can also remove your vote from him, again up to 33 delegates at once for the fee of 1 XCR is possible here.

When does a top delegate not provide a good service?

The delegates are the backbone of the network. A cycle consists of 101 blocks, in which every delegate should forge one block. If a delegate is offline in exactly the moment he should forge a block, it is not possible for him to forge it and it will take 20sec for the confirmation of a transaction. That's why it is very important to remove your votes for these "bad" delegates and vote for the ones with the closest to 100% uptime. You can see in the client how well a delegate performs.

How are the fees distributed?

We wanted to remove the lucky factor in the forging process. Our solution offers a consistent profit for the top delegates. What does it mean? As you know from above a cycle consists of 101 blocks. Many of these blocks will be empty, especially with a short block time like ours. In order to make a consistent profit every top delegate will receive the same XCR in every round.

A small example:

Block 1 - Forged by delegate A - With 100 XCR fee added to the pool
Block 2 - Forged by delegate B - With 800 XCR fee added to the pool
Block 3 - Forged by delegate C - With 100 XCR fee added to the pool
Block 4-101 with 0 XCR fees - Forged by the other 98 delegates

= 1000 XCR total fee in the last 101 blocks

At other forging based crypto-currencies the delegates A/B/C would be very lucky in this case. But in Crypti all 101 top delegates (if they were online) will receive the same amount (the average of the fees - 10%* of the last 101 block). In this example the top delegates will all get about 9 XCR. We are very happy about this system, as it will benefit every delegate the same.

* 10% goes to the Crypti Foundation, as a form of constant money stream for the future to continue developing the platform. These funds will be used fully transparent. After the launch of v0.2.0 (mainnet) they accounts will be made public.

Beta testing

It is possible to do two different beta tests.

Experienced Users

If you are an experienced user, we are asking you to install the client (linux only for the beta test). With it you can check everything you want; like delegates, forging, voting and so on.

If you are one of these experienced users please get in contact with Boris or Sebastian. They will provide you with the necessary amount of votes, amount of testnet XCR or whatever you need.

Normal Users

If you are a normal user and simply want to check out the new client, you can simply head to http://testnet.crypti.me. There you can create a new account like always. In order to get a few testnet XCR to start playing around, write Litoshi or me a PM with your Crypti address. Litoshi or I will then send you some testnet XCR to test everything. Sometimes it can take a few hours until I answer. Please be aware of that, else you can also ask in this thread for some testnet XCR, someone else might be faster than me.

For this purpose I will provide some well-known Crypti community members with some testnet XCR in order to distribute them to you.

Testing time frame

We can't give an exact time frame yet. If all things go well, we can release it sooner than later. Please be aware, that the Bter withdrawals will be enabled the following days, only after this we can release v0.2.0.

IMPORTANT - Difference between testnet XCR and real XCR

The XCR you will get in order to test the new client and UI are not real XCR! They are only valid on the testnet and can't be send to Bter or a real Crypti address on the v0.1.9 network.

Download Crypti v0.2.0 BETA for Linux

Smiley

asdf_files

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:10:54 PM

http://img.playground.ru/images/1/5/0_4a4fc_3011a6ec_orig.jpg
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:14:38 PM

We are actively developing and users are sending us their opinions via PMs here on BTT. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 [469] 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: