Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GreXX

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 01:43:20 AM

For all the non-believers, I came to the team quite late. We are really working and we see constant progress, which pace just got much higher recently. Please be patient, once we have 0.1.9 out we have a solid base (FINALLY). From there we can then finally begin the real work.

Maybe you can get poloniex sorted out so the investors of your project can actually care.

Boris worked with their team for 2 weeks and thought they had it fixed. My own deposit didn't go through either. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreXX

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 03:52:47 AM

For all the non-believers, I came to the team quite late. We are really working and we see constant progress, which pace just got much higher recently. Please be patient, once we have 0.1.9 out we have a solid base (FINALLY). From there we can then finally begin the real work.

Maybe you can get poloniex sorted out so the investors of your project can actually care.

Boris worked with their team for 2 weeks and thought they had it fixed. My own deposit didn't go through either. I'm not sure what the issue is.
so 0.1.8 delay again?

Actually Boris started rolling it out to main net a little while ago and there was some sort of crash bug as soon as he rolled it out to main net, which we often for some reason end up experiencing unique bugs when we roll out to main net that we didn't see on test net. Seriously, it's like we are cursed. He started running a special version to try to find the bug so that he could fix it before I post to tell everyone to download and update. It should be in the morning Boris time.

EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:08:38 AM

Hi guys, long time without me stepping through this thread.

How is everything going? hope some advancements have been done so far.

About the web wallet, it is not reachable at the moment, it is me or something going on? I would like to withdraw my funds from BTER and I do not see how.

Thanks.

Eth.
crypti (OP)

Activity: 511

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 08:31:44 AM

so 0.1.8 delay again?

0.1.8 already posted in IRC, we checking with forgers on mainnet.
Polo worked sometime ago, i got transaction, bter too.
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:42:51 AM

0.1.8 already posted in IRC, we checking with forgers on mainnet.
Polo worked sometime ago, i got transaction, bter too.
good work devs Wink
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:17:13 AM

Seriously, it's like we are cursed.

Keep pushing.

jiuge

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:28:05 PM

So many reasons no progress.I feel shame for you dev.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░███████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

GreXX

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 11:14:41 PM

So many reasons no progress.I feel shame for you dev.

You should really take a break or maybe try a different hobby for a while. I'm not even sure what to make of you feeling shame for us. I'm not ashamed. I love working on Crypti, despite the setbacks. It's been a really interesting experience and we are learning a lot.

The progress is visible if you get in IRC and download and help us test the new clients. We started rolling out 0.1.8 on main net and Karma found a bug which Boris has been working to fix before we post the link. He has found what is causing it and is working to fix it.

Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:32:45 AM

We will try to find a solution to the exchange issues. Good news will come. Smiley

Odsejen

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:24:06 PM

is the web-wallet offline? Yesterday i made a transaction from bter, hope it was safe?

- Odsejen LISK Delegate - Vote for Odsejen - LISK-forum / more info
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:04:20 PM

is the web-wallet offline? Yesterday i made a transaction from bter, hope it was safe?

The web wallet, as well as the individual wallets are not wallets similar to the QT wallets.  QT wallets actually contain the coins, where as the Crypti wallet is just a node that allows access to the blockchain.  Your coins are stored in the blockchain and can be accessed from any computer. 

You can check your balance on any wallet with the blockchain explorer.  You can also view your transactions and research any transfer there.

hobogo

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:30:31 PM

The web wallet, as well as the individual wallets are not wallets similar to the QT wallets.  QT wallets actually contain the coins, where as the Crypti wallet is just a node that allows access to the blockchain.  Your coins are stored in the blockchain and can be accessed from any computer. 

You can check your balance on any wallet with the blockchain explorer.  You can also view your transactions and research any transfer there.

What?
Litoshi

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:59:34 PM

What?

Is that a comment or a question?

GreXX

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 03:39:25 PM

Let me explain the last 24 hours. We finished and started the roll-out of 0.1.8. We first rolled it out to some of our nodes and the IRC channel. We then started rolling it out to exchanges. BTER was first and implemented 0.1.8 yesterday. After getting his node up and running, Karma (Creator of CryptiKit) found a bug and reported it to Boris. We stopped the roll-out to fix the bug. Boris ended up fixing the bug yesterday evening but then they found another possible problem while fixing that. So last night and this morning Boris was working to fix the problems. He believes he has it fixed and just rolled out an update of 0.1.8 to the IRC channel and our nodes. We are going to give it an hour or so while he runs to the Market to make sure no more issues arise. At that point, we will update the exchanges and then post the release notes and download link.

If you transferred money yesterday, it's possible that it was either transferred from a node on a different version or transferred TO a node that was on a different version at the time (i.e. BTER). The funds are not lost and the transaction can be re-sent once everyone is updated to the new version and it will go through as usual. The issue is probably related to the halted roll-out due to the discovered bugs.

Keep in mind 0.1.8 was a partial optimization and for 0.1.9 we actually went back and re-wrote everything from scratch to use the new DB structure and improve every aspect of the code. While 0.1.8 loads in about 20 minutes (way faster than previous version), 0.1.9 is a tenfold increase in performance in lots of areas and is running effectively on 512 mb instances. We should be ready to put 0.1.9 into testing this week if all goes well.

hobogo

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 04:01:25 PM

What?

Is that a comment or a question?

Yes
hobogo

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 04:17:18 PM

The web wallet, as well as the individual wallets are not wallets similar to the QT wallets.  QT wallets actually contain the coins, where as the Crypti wallet is just a node that allows access to the blockchain.  Your coins are stored in the blockchain and can be accessed from any computer.  

You can check your balance on any wallet with the blockchain explorer.  You can also view your transactions and research any transfer there.

I just don't get the differentiation and "QT wallets actually contain the coins" is a false statement.
QT wallets contain multiple saved private keys which allows you to sign on transactions. Crypti uses a passphrase as a single private key which is not stored, but the blockchain transactions concept is similar in both (?).
Litoshi

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:29:55 PM

The web wallet, as well as the individual wallets are not wallets similar to the QT wallets.  QT wallets actually contain the coins, where as the Crypti wallet is just a node that allows access to the blockchain.  Your coins are stored in the blockchain and can be accessed from any computer.  

You can check your balance on any wallet with the blockchain explorer.  You can also view your transactions and research any transfer there.

I just don't get the differentiation and "QT wallets actually contain the coins" is a false statement.
QT wallets contain multiple saved private keys which allows you to sign on transactions. Crypti uses a passphrase as a single private key which is not stored, but the blockchain transactions concept is similar in both (?).

If you have a QT wallet on a SD card, and lose the card, or if you have the QT wallet on a hard drive and the drive is stolen, lost, or damaged, you lose your QT wallet AND ALL YOUR COINS.  If you cannot recover the wallet.dat file, you are S.O.L.

But with Crypti, the coins are stored in the blockchain and each "wallet" is nothing more than a node to connect to the blockchain.  As long as you have the passphrase, you have access from any computer.  There is no way to "cold storage" XCR coins.

BTW........ any person can access the web wallet, and by entering a passphrase used by another user (such as passw0rd, 123456, or trustno1) they can access your coins.  You need to activate the second passphrase as well as using a 50 character or more passphrase. 

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:49:37 PM

Let me explain the last 24 hours. We finished and started the roll-out of 0.1.8. We first rolled it out to some of our nodes and the IRC channel. We then started rolling it out to exchanges. BTER was first and implemented 0.1.8 yesterday. After getting his node up and running, Karma (Creator of CryptiKit) found a bug and reported it to Boris. We stopped the roll-out to fix the bug. Boris ended up fixing the bug yesterday evening but then they found another possible problem while fixing that. So last night and this morning Boris was working to fix the problems. He believes he has it fixed and just rolled out an update of 0.1.8 to the IRC channel and our nodes. We are going to give it an hour or so while he runs to the Market to make sure no more issues arise. At that point, we will update the exchanges and then post the release notes and download link.

If you transferred money yesterday, it's possible that it was either transferred from a node on a different version or transferred TO a node that was on a different version at the time (i.e. BTER). The funds are not lost and the transaction can be re-sent once everyone is updated to the new version and it will go through as usual. The issue is probably related to the halted roll-out due to the discovered bugs.

Keep in mind 0.1.8 was a partial optimization and for 0.1.9 we actually went back and re-wrote everything from scratch to use the new DB structure and improve every aspect of the code. While 0.1.8 loads in about 20 minutes (way faster than previous version), 0.1.9 is a tenfold increase in performance in lots of areas and is running effectively on 512 mb instances. We should be ready to put 0.1.9 into testing this week if all goes well.
thanks for the update

Avalanche is a must own
hobogo

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:58:41 PM

If you have a QT wallet on a SD card, and lose the card, or if you have the QT wallet on a hard drive and the drive is stolen, lost, or damaged, you lose your QT wallet AND ALL YOUR COINS.  If you cannot recover the wallet.dat file, you are S.O.L.

But with Crypti, the coins are stored in the blockchain and each "wallet" is nothing more than a node to connect to the blockchain.  As long as you have the passphrase, you have access from any computer.  There is no way to "cold storage" XCR coins.

BTW........ any person can access the web wallet, and by entering a passphrase used by another user (such as passw0rd, 123456, or trustno1) they can access your coins.  You need to activate the second passphrase as well as using a 50 character or more passphrase.  

Read: passphrase=private key
A wallet is just a collection of private keys (1 or more) it can be located on a file or on a paper. anyone who know the private key can control the funds in the address it creates.
If you loose you private keys you are S.O.L (had to google it)

Losing the cold storage feature is vary bad. If anyone spying on you it doesn't matter how much characters you put on your passphrases.
I'm not sure why you keep suggesting making a cold storage is not possible with crypti.
Isn't the address created from a passphrase based on a defined algorithm? can't you check what address will be created for a specific passphrase offline then?
Litoshi

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:19:51 PM

If you have a QT wallet on a SD card, and lose the card, or if you have the QT wallet on a hard drive and the drive is stolen, lost, or damaged, you lose your QT wallet AND ALL YOUR COINS.  If you cannot recover the wallet.dat file, you are S.O.L.

But with Crypti, the coins are stored in the blockchain and each "wallet" is nothing more than a node to connect to the blockchain.  As long as you have the passphrase, you have access from any computer.  There is no way to "cold storage" XCR coins.

BTW........ any person can access the web wallet, and by entering a passphrase used by another user (such as passw0rd, 123456, or trustno1) they can access your coins.  You need to activate the second passphrase as well as using a 50 character or more passphrase. 

Read: passphrase=private key
A wallet is just a collection of private keys (1 or more) it can be located on a file or on a paper. anyone who know the private key can control the funds in the address it creates.
If you loose you private keys you are S.O.L (had to google it)

Losing the cold storage feature is vary bad. If anyone spying on you it doesn't matter how much characters you put on your passphrases.
I'm not sure why you keep suggesting making a cold storage is not possible with crypti.
Isn't the address created from a passphrase based on a defined algorithm? can't you check what address will be created for a specific passphrase offline then?

Cold storage is not possible with XCR.  It s possible with other coins and the QT wallet coins such as LiteCoin and DOGE.  The QT wallet can only be accessed from a computer having the wallet.dat file. 

The XCR is stored in the blockchain, and is accessed thru the XCR node/wallet.  To open a node/wallet to a certain account, the passphrase must be entered.  The pass phrase can be 100 characters.  A second additional passphrase can be included as part of the node access.  There is a 100 XCR cost for this, which is paid to the 10 forgers that verify the algo of the second phrase, 10XCR to each. 

Any passphrase entered into the web wallet/node, FROM ANY COMPUTER,  will generate a new wallet, OR ACCESS AN EXISTING WALLET if the phrase is correct.  SO it is unwise to use common passwords. 

I bet I have generated about 30 new wallets by mis-entering my pass phrase.  COPY/PASTE is disabled in the wallet presently.  I am not sure about the next versions having COPY/PASTE enabled.

As for "people spying on you" to learn your pass phrase........ if your pass phrase is "Judy has great big DD breasts, and a tight ass" then it could be learned from just a glance at your monitor.  But if it is "83736$%&(JHGFDYou4675865mdnau29%^&()P8272cbfjMNBG54849"  it would require a keylogger to copy.

Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: