Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:56:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:55:28 PM

I would love the hear thou what is the reason to try and change the current logo, and what is the general direction you guys are after.
yes before we go about changing the current logo. Let's have the community vote on such a measure. I think the current design looks fine and is kind of established.. When I think of Crypti, that logo is what I think of. I guess since it has been our trademark since the start of the project.
Regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:10:08 PM

To boost volume? Are you fucking serious? Maybe to gain widespread adoption and have a more evenly distribution as a result of more people getting involved?
Yup we're on a cryptoforum! And lo and behold many people here have designer/programming/whatever different backgrounds!
And also, you don't know which one will turn out the best now do you? On the one hand you have a professional design community and on the other you might have designers with a interest for crypto.
You could even make a BCT post redirecting good designers to 99design.
But nah, let's assume everyone who wants to help in on the project are "greedy" who only care about price and volume! And let us shut out the same community that will use it because they are dumber than us!

My last post in this you fucking dipshit. People like you are the aids of all cryptocommunities. 15 year old kids who think they know best about everything in the world.
Nah, I'll let you get back to being 10 guys participating in this coins because you are "too good" to get involved with anyone else and watch you shoot down every possible suggestion someone who isn't on the "foundation" makes. Don't bother replying I'm done

What are you on about? Firstly, I'm not part of the Crypti Foundation in any way or form, the fact that you think I am part of the foundation because I disagreed with your idea, and rated it as unprofessional or "shot it down" as you put it, shows your sentiment towards the rest of the actual Foundation.

Secondly you, yourself said that the design contest would be used an an avenue for exposure, then you implied that there is no volume on the markets by saying : "If you haven't noticed there is like 10 people trading this.", the fact that you are looking at this from a market perspective shows that you have no interest in the design process at all. I don't see how a simple design contest leads to :

"gain[ing] widespread adoption and have a more evenly distribution as a result of more people getting involved"

Thirdly have you seen any of the design contests threads? I'm a designer myself, though no longer freelance, and if you look at those type of threads most of the entries are simply atrocious. Any coin which has to resort to posting logo design contests on a crypto-currency forum screams unprofessional-ism, did you ever see coins such as Ethereum, MaidSafe, BitSharesX ever posting logo design contests? To date the only "successful" design contest that I've seen has been the strict NEM Logo Committee threads, and even there, the chosen NEM logo was designed by an internal full-time designer. There is only one real designer of note on BCT, that being BitCrea.

All of your arguments lead back to one place, price and volume. If you actually cared about the design process you would let professionals with backgrounds in design be entrusted with the logo of a major crypto-currency, rather than MS Paint junkies looking to score a quick buck from bounties.

But hey, if you want to resort to swearing and insults to get your point across, if I'm the AIDS of cryptoccurrencies, then you are Ebola.

Nope you draw your own conclusion and that speaks to the intelligence of an angry kid. Saying 10 people trading it means the distribution may get flawed. But talking out of your ass seems to be your expertise. Also the things mentioned previously about you in this thread seems to be accurate
So stop replying to me kid. Ofc you're a designer, a businessman entrepreneur, investor etc etc I couldn't care less what bullshit you say  Grin

You truely have a talent of spreading negativity to everything you touch Mr Aids.  Wink

Next time someone is suggesting an idea of some sorts, and you feel like you have something to say just shut the fuck up.  Wink

Okay so let me, get this straight. You are saying that by not having a design contest hosted on Bitcointalk, Crypti's distribution may be flawed. Think about that for a second...

I'm the supposed "angry kid" here, yet you are the one throwing a fit after I argued against your suggestion. Is this just a case of pot calling the kettle black?

I've told you again and again, that you are looking at this from a market perspective, not from a design perspective.
Vagnavs
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:12:11 AM

To boost volume? Are you fucking serious? Maybe to gain widespread adoption and have a more evenly distribution as a result of more people getting involved?
Yup we're on a cryptoforum! And lo and behold many people here have designer/programming/whatever different backgrounds!
And also, you don't know which one will turn out the best now do you? On the one hand you have a professional design community and on the other you might have designers with a interest for crypto.
But nah, let's assume everyone who wants to help in on the project are "greedy" who only care about price and volume! And let us shut out the same community that will use it because they are dumber than us!

My last post in this you fucking dipshit. People like you are the aids of all cryptocommunities. 15 year old kids who think they know best about everything in the world.
Nah, I'll let you get back to being 10 guys participating in this coins because you are "too good" to get involved with anyone else and watch you shoot down every possible suggestion someone who isn't on the "foundation" makes. Don't bother replying I'm done

What are you on about? Firstly, I'm not part of the Crypti Foundation in any way or form, the fact that you think I am part of the foundation because I disagreed with your idea, and rated it as unprofessional or "shot it down" as you put it, shows your sentiment towards the rest of the actual Foundation.

Secondly you, yourself said that the design contest would be used an an avenue for exposure, then you implied that there is no volume on the markets by saying : "If you haven't noticed there is like 10 people trading this.", the fact that you are looking at this from a market perspective shows that you have no interest in the design process at all. I don't see how a simple design contest leads to :

"gain[ing] widespread adoption and have a more evenly distribution as a result of more people getting involved"

Thirdly have you seen any of the design contests threads? I'm a designer myself, though no longer freelance, and if you look at those type of threads most of the entries are simply atrocious. Any coin which has to resort to posting logo design contests on a crypto-currency forum screams unprofessional-ism, did you ever see coins such as Ethereum, MaidSafe, BitSharesX ever posting logo design contests? To date the only "successful" design contest that I've seen has been the strict NEM Logo Committee threads, and even there, the chosen NEM logo was designed by an internal full-time designer. There is only one real designer of note on BCT, that being BitCrea.

All of your arguments lead back to one place, price and volume. If you actually cared about the design process you would let professionals with backgrounds in design be entrusted with the logo of a major crypto-currency, rather than MS Paint junkies looking to score a quick buck from bounties.

But hey, if you want to resort to swearing and insults to get your point across, if I'm the AIDS of cryptoccurrencies, then you are Ebola.

Nope you draw your own conclusion and that speaks to the intelligence of an angry kid. Saying 10 people trading it means the distribution may get flawed. But talking out of your ass seems to be your expertise. Also the things mentioned previously about you in this thread seems to be accurate
So stop replying to me kid. Ofc you're a designer, a businessman entrepreneur, investor etc etc I couldn't care less what bullshit you say  Grin

You truely have a talent of spreading negativity to everything you touch Mr Aids.  Wink

Next time someone is suggesting an idea of some sorts, and you feel like you have something to say just shut the fuck up.  Wink

Okay so let me, get this straight. You are saying that by not having a design contest hosted on Bitcointalk, Crypti's distribution may be flawed. Think about that for a second...

I'm the supposed "angry kid" here, yet you are the one throwing a fit after I argued against your suggestion. Is this just a case of pot calling the kettle black?

I've told you again and again, that you are looking at this from a market perspective, not from a design perspective.

I am saying it may be good to include community in such thing, as you may find a good designer and also you may find new Crypti users who didn't know about it before.
Hence working towards distribution between more people. Also it adds to competition to find the best of the best.

Market perspective? What a joke. Ok man, every positive suggestion about something has to come down to: "you are greedy, you don't REALLY care about X and Y, just about price!"
Let's just say that's what I did, what difference would a good suggestion of something make if it impacted price or not?

At first I thought you were a troll, but now I see that you're just insanely stupid with too high thoughts of yourself. Sad.

What are we in sixth grade here? Come on, let's act like adults.. It's fine to exchange ideas and provide feedback.. But we don't need to call each other names..

Avalanche is a must own
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:14:48 AM

Are you thinking of making an independent and anonymous node?    If you are that is not what Crypti is about.  There is no anonymity with Crypti.  We are going to have VERIFIED MERCHANTS, not dark accounts.  Each user of Crypti will know exactly where their XCR is going.  

There will be two other features introduced later that will further make using XCR as safe for the user as Credit Cards are now.

Could you elaborate?

Also I read in the blog that you will be using 99designs for a new logo etc.
Please set up a BCT contest too, there are some very good designers here. You could chose between the two but I don't see how it will hurt using two platforms.
If all it will involve the community more and maybe you'll find a designer with a heart for crypto.  Wink

I highly recommend against it. The good designers on BCT are few and far between, in addition it just looks very unprofessional. If you look at most threads, there re sometimes close to 30 entries, but only one or two look even half decent, the rest are made by "non-designers" looking to cash in on a bounty, most look like they've been designed in MS Paint.

Agree...

Agree, If we do want to catch those few decent design and a designer with a heart for crypto just invite the community to the 99 contest to have a fair fight.
thou one can choose not to choose a winning design on 99, people are investing their time and efforts, so should treat them with maximum respect and not split the contest between multiple platforms simultaneously.

I fail to see how it hurts to include the community in this? We are on a cryptoforum and this is a cryptocurrency.
"Oh no let's not get more exposure! It's so bad!" If you haven't noticed there is like 10 people trading this.

So the reason behind hosting a logo design competition is to gain exposure, and in turn boost volume? Honestly...

Secondly notice you say that we are on a "cryptoforum", not a design community. Tell me which community you think will provide better designs, a crypto-currency forum or a design community tailor made for freelance design contests?

P.S. If you didn't notice there was a 54 BTC Volume spike yesterday, on average the daily volume is between 6-15 BTC and the price has been held constant between 1400 & 1700 Satoshis, the past few weeks. I don't see any problem there considering that most of Crypti's features haven't even been implemented yet.

Just for reference, he isn't a Board member or on the development team. It sounds like you are referencing him as part of the dev team.

Second, keep it moderately appropriate please. We don't need to attack each other and get so belligerent over differing opinions. He thinks it shouldn't be on BTT, you think it should, thats the brunt of the argument and doesn't really require that kind of conversation. You guys can just disagree and that's OK.

I am reading and taking into consideration both opinions.

As far as my opinion goes, we are pursuing all avenues to work on our design. We tried some designers we knew and a few we found online but didn't like the results, so we started the 99 designs contest. Right now it is running and we will see what kind of submissions we get and go from there.

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:24:04 AM

I would love the hear thou what is the reason to try and change the current logo, and what is the general direction you guys are after.
yes before we go about changing the current logo. Let's have the community vote on such a measure. I think the current design looks fine and is kind of established.. When I think of Crypti, that logo is what I think of. I guess since it has been our trademark since the start of the project.
Regards,
Brian

I don't think this is an issue where we want to necessarily hold a community vote, I do however understand where you are coming from. I wouldn't say we feel like the current logo is "bad", but we felt like we could do something more innovative or more professional that encompassed more of our long term image for Crypti. That being said, as we see the results, we have yet to see something that inspired us enough to want to change. So it may be that we are somewhat partial to the current logo as well.

We will see what we get from the 99designs contest and go from there.

prix

Activity: 750
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:54:00 AM

You will not be able to store XCR in cold storage, like BTC. 
What do you mean?
BTC address is f(private key), Crypti address is f(private key). What is difference?
You can generate new address by new private key (passphrase) in an offline mode (and store the passphrase on a paper for example) and send coins to this address in online. It's same way as cold storage.

Right now I have to have a connection to get the wallet interface. but I wish to get access to that interface even when I'm not online to see my address.
Other parts of the interface should notify me if I don't have an active connection anyway..
Why do you need to get access in offline mode? Do you want to see a history, balance, forged list and so or you want only generate public address by passphrase?
hobogo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:56:08 AM

You will not be able to store XCR in cold storage, like BTC. 
What do you mean?
BTC address is f(private key), Crypti address is f(private key). What is difference?
You can generate new address by new private key (passphrase) in an offline mode (and store the passphrase on a paper for example) and send coins to this address in online. It's same way as cold storage.

Right now I have to have a connection to get the wallet interface. but I wish to get access to that interface even when I'm not online to see my address.
Other parts of the interface should notify me if I don't have an active connection anyway..
Why do you need to get access in offline mode? Do you want to see a history, balance, forged list and so or you want only generate public address by passphrase?
generate public address by passphrase
hobogo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:06:15 AM

As far as my opinion goes, we are pursuing all avenues to work on our design. We tried some designers we knew and a few we found online but didn't like the results, so we started the 99 designs contest. Right now it is running and we will see what kind of submissions we get and go from there.

Link please
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:43:12 AM

Wednesday and no windows client?  Cry
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:20:04 AM

People have been waiting too long, so devs need to make a wallet without bugs.
Need more Proof of Patience
samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 12:47:27 PM

Trust me we are all working very hard to get you the windows node "1-click" installer... guys this isn't just a windows wallet

What these means is we need to make this run on every windows version out there... So while some of our windows nodes have worked well in windows 7... some have worked well in windows 8.1 and some have worked well in both.. each time we tweak this or that we must then cross test the new version on each system (x64 and x32)... We want this release to run smooth and have a great user experience for ever windows user out there.. So once again we just have a little more work to do on it... once we are finished our team will have created for you... a Windows backwards compatible fully functioning 1-click install and launch windows server node running on the Crypti network

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
Vagnavs
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:39:08 PM

Trust me we are all working very hard to get you the windows node "1-click" installer... guys this isn't just a windows wallet

What these means is we need to make this run on every windows version out there... So while some of our windows nodes have worked well in windows 7... some have worked well in windows 8.1 and some have worked well in both.. each time we tweak this or that we must then cross test the new version on each system (x64 and x32)... We want this release to run smooth and have a great user experience for ever windows user out there.. So once again we just have a little more work to do on it... once we are finished our team will have created for you... a Windows backwards compatible fully functioning 1-click install and launch windows server node running on the Crypti network

okay, I can only hold up the price so long Wink
That will be a welcome addition..

Avalanche is a must own
karmacoma24

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 10:35:51 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 12:06:07 PM by karmacoma24

CryptiKit Update - Simple & easy Crypti node deployment and management.

Hello Everyone! Smiley New release of CryptiKit today with some nice new features.

Please download here: https://github.com/karmacoma/cryptikit/releases/tag/v1.4.0

If you don't know about CryptiKit and what it can do already, please read here:
- https://github.com/karmacoma/cryptikit/blob/master/README.md

Changelog

NOTE: Config file update required. Please run the start_forging task on all of your nodes after downloading this release. This is due to an API key that needs to be added to the config, before forging statistics can be successfully retrieved.

Bug Fixes

• Resolved issue when installing on servers where nodejs already installed
  • Ensuring all existing processes are stopped before starting a node
  • Checking crypti node is installed before executing certain tasks
  • Removing blockchain.db.zip after decompressing it during tasks

Features / Improvements

• Added forging information to "check_nodes" task including:
    • Forged coins by each individual node
    • Last forged block by each individual node
    • Total forged for all selected nodes
  • Graceful handling of common ssh connection errors
  • Listing 'bad' nodes at end of "check_nodes" report summary
  • More consistent, easier to read, colorized log messages

Check Nodes

Below is some example output of the newly updated check_nodes task:

Code:
Checking nodes...
================================================================================
Node[1]: 111.11.11.111 (4956977736153893179C)
================================================================================
Loaded:            true
Height:            33950
Blocks:            33829
Forging:           true
Last Forged:       Block -> 12886241379965779851 Amount -> 0.0
Forged:            2.92869137
Balance:           1002.92869137
Unconfirmed:       1002.92869137
Effective:         1002.92869137

When running the check_nodes task. CryptiKit now produces a detailed summary containing the total nodes checked, total forged, total balances, lowest / highest balances, followed by a breakdown of any nodes which are either not loaded properly, or not currently forging. Please see the below example:

Code:
Report Summary
Nodes Checked:     24 / 24 Configured
Total Forged:      1915.88691914
Total Balance:     26915.88691914
Total Unconfirmed: 26915.88691914
Total Effective:   26915.88691914
Lowest Balance:    1000.00168904 -> Node[15]
Highest Balance:   2421.74114445 -> Node[9]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 1 / 24 nodes are not loaded properly.
> Affected Nodes: 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2 / 24 nodes are not currently forging.
> Affected Nodes: 1,4

Any connection / authentication errors encountered while running the check_nodes task, are automatically recorded by CryptiKit and subsequently reported back to you at the end of the Report Summary.

Code:
* 3 nodes encountered errors and were not checked.

Error Messages:
* Node[13] => Connection closed by remote host.
* Node[14] => Connection refused.
* Node[15] => Authentication failed.

Thanks for all the recent feedback, it really helped to motivate me. Grin

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
mydearvoice

Activity: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:05:49 AM

CryptiKit Update - Simple & easy Crypti node deployment and management.

Hello Everyone! Smiley New release of CryptiKit today with some nice new features.

Please download here: https://github.com/karmacoma/cryptikit/releases/tag/v1.4.0

If you don't know about CryptiKit and what it can do already, please read here:
- https://github.com/karmacoma/cryptikit/blob/f3a3feed7a6b695f3d6a6d8e6a993987de2cab40/README.md

Changelog

NOTE: Config file update required. Please run the start_forging task on all of your nodes after downloading this release. This is due to an API key that needs to be added to the config, before forging statistics can be successfully retrieved.

Bug Fixes

• Resolved issue when installing on servers where nodejs already installed
  • Ensuring all existing processes are stopped before starting a node
  • Checking crypti node is installed before executing certain tasks
  • Removing blockchain.db.zip after decompressing it during tasks

Features / Improvements

• Added forging information to "check_nodes" task including:
    • Forged coins by each individual node
    • Last forged block by each individual node
    • Total forged for all selected nodes
  • Graceful handling of common ssh connection errors
  • Listing 'bad' nodes at end of "check_nodes" report summary
  • More consistent, easier to read, colorized log messages

Check Nodes

Below is some example output of the newly updated check_nodes task:

Code:
Checking nodes...
Node[1]: 111.11.11.111 (9473799116182005461C)
Loaded:            true
Height:            33950
Blocks:            33829
Forging:           true
Last Forged:       Block -> 12886241379965779851 Amount -> 0.0
Forged:            2.92869137
Balance:           1002.92869137
Unconfirmed:       1002.92869137
Effective:         1002.92869137

When running the check_nodes task. CryptiKit now produces a detailed summary containing the total nodes checked, total forged, total balances, lowest / highest balances, followed by a breakdown of any nodes which are either not loaded properly, or not currently forging. Please see the below example:

Code:
Report Summary
Nodes Checked:     24 / 24 Configured
Total Forged:      1915.88691914
Total Balance:     26915.88691914
Total Unconfirmed: 26915.88691914
Total Effective:   26915.88691914
Lowest Balance:    1000.00168904 -> Node[15]
Highest Balance:   2421.74114445 -> Node[9]
* 1 / 24 nodes are not loaded properly.
> Affected Nodes: 4
* 2 / 24 nodes are not currently forging.
> Affected Nodes: 1,4

Any connection / authentication errors encountered while running the check_nodes task, are automatically recorded by CryptiKit and subsequently reported back to you at the end of the Report Summary.

Code:
* 3 nodes encountered errors and were not checked.

Error Messages:
* Node[13] => Connection closed by remote host.
* Node[14] => Connection refused.
* Node[15] => Authentication failed.

Thanks for all the recent feedback, it really helped to motivate me. Grin
You are great

coelto

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:19:03 AM

Look at http://live.crypti.me/. There are no new bloks since height 33950 2014/09/24 13:53:41. And in whitepaper block time is 1 min, but in average it is 2-3 min by this time. Bug? And online wallet http://wallet.crypti.me/ does not work.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:05:53 AM

News  Huh
matrix961

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:51:02 PM

Definitely some issues going on.

First issue is sometimes during fork processing (last message I see in logs anyways) it will actually start syncing back down the chain. Other times is does the fork processing and continues on just fine. This has only become more of an issue during the past week.

Second issue is I also noticed that I don't have any new blocks since yesterday morning. Even if I delete the chain and re-download it's the same thing.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:16:47 PM

Buy walls are building up. Cheesy
samsmith16

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:31:00 PM

You will see the Web wallet down from time to time today.. While we test... Boris is finishing up the fix that will allow the windows node to run proper... I'm sick of saying soon.. and I know that your sick of hearing soon... However everything is very close...

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:48:01 PM

You will see the Web wallet down from time to time today.. While we test... Boris is finishing up the fix that will allow the windows node to run proper... I'm sick of saying soon.. and I know that your sick of hearing soon... However everything is very close...

Any update on the issue mentioned in the above posts? According to live.crypti.me, there hasn't been a block since last night.
Pages: « 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: