Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:50:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 [958] 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984378 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 01:16:13 AM

*removed img for space*

Very nice graphic and easy to understand.  
I think a lot of these graphics programs can be downloaded for free on Google but the trouble isn't making them but making an informed and correct comparison between NEM and another project.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1153740.0

Most of us need threads like the above and hope the information about the other projects are correct.

Thank you! It isn't that easy as you think btw Wink

application can work in stealth mode

I can't understand what does it means

Actually Lon gave me some feedback @ Telegram on the info graphic and here is his reply to my same question:

If you understand tiered architecture design, applications can all hide behind a firewall and talk to any NIS. Hence it is masked. It is hard, but not impossible for anyone to track where the application solution is coming from. This method of design is commonly known as stealth mode.

From security standpoint, you don't need expensive security solutions to run this sort of set up. It saves a lot of money on both hardware and software.

Programming in terms of hardening the solution is also made simpler.

Hacking is very much reduced to insider job, which is very much the same as many solutions with hardened security.

Wuut ? Could you elaborate on why it's hard to track where it's coming from and why this is so secure ?

Something else I noticed. The graphic says that the most active nodes are being rewarded. This is incorrect. It should say the most active accounts are rewarded or rather more important.

Lastly, imho wether NIS is run remote or local doesn't pertain to how "hot" the wallet is.

btw did you make that graphic? Good job ! Looks really nice.

Hi Pat,

Yes I've made this info graph! Thanks for the compliment. The point which we are unsertain about was input given by Lon. I just put it in there because it seemed he had a case. I have to be honost that I really didn't get it aswell, hence is why I asked him a question about it and he gave me the reply above. As the info graphic should contain feedback from the community, I've put that in there.
So I'm not really able to elaborate on that. Maybe you could ask Lon about that.

The rest will be updated! Smiley

I think he wants to say: both NIS and NCC have remote APIS so you can run your business logic elsewhere in a private network.

Yes, that is what he wants

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:56:52 PM

I guess every NEM stakeholder wants  Cheesy Pretty curious about the new version and features.

We want some good news ASAP
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:47:16 PM

I have just upgraded my NIS server and I am having difficulty to resume harvesting.

What is the best way to configure NIS to auto boot a node and auto harvest using a remote account?

When I add my remote account to the NIS config file: NIS doesn't work properly and exits in few seconds. Probably cause my remote account is not known to the network?

I have remove my remote account from the NIS settings and replaced it with another account the is known to the network. Everything went fine and NIS booted successfully. However my main account failed to start harvesting. Using the NCC I can see that remote harvesting is active and I have an option to start harvesting. This is weird cause in the past 4 months my account use to be automatically harvesting all the time. Now that I've just upgraded to the latest version my account stopped harvesting and whenever I try to start harvesting I get an error.

Please advice me what is the best config/settings to auto start harvesting @ NIS "remotely".
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:37:41 PM

i wanted update servers but https://forum.ournem.com is down.

THere were guides how setup VPS for NEM i have used them,
without those guides (*rather scripts i am done ) that 0.6.31 will stay till free amazon time is over.
it is easy to change *31 to *43 but clear guide is not avaible right now so i gave up till forum is up again.

or you canpaste me few command lines how easy update it by command line (like for noob)

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 05:54:53 AM

without those guides (*rather scripts i am done ) that 0.6.31 will stay till free amazon time is over.
it is easy to change *31 to *43 but clear guide is not avaible right now so i gave up till forum is up again.

or you canpaste me few command lines how easy update it by command line (like for noob)

All guides can (afaik) always be found here http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/

kauppalahti

Activity: 235
Merit: 110

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 05:57:11 AM

We want some good news ASAP

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/18/9168977/bitcoin-constitutional-crisis
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:02:07 AM

I have just upgraded my NIS server and I am having difficulty to resume harvesting.

What is the best way to configure NIS to auto boot a node and auto harvest using a remote account?

When I add my remote account to the NIS config file: NIS doesn't work properly and exits in few seconds. Probably cause my remote account is not known to the network?

That indeed probably means the account is unknown. When upgrading, did you create a new wallet and import your main account? It that is the case, a new delegated (= remote) account was created and thus you must deactivate delegated harvesting and after 6 hours activate it again.

I have remove my remote account from the NIS settings and replaced it with another account the is known to the network. Everything went fine and NIS booted successfully. However my main account failed to start harvesting. Using the NCC I can see that remote harvesting is active and I have an option to start harvesting. This is weird cause in the past 4 months my account use to be automatically harvesting all the time. Now that I've just upgraded to the latest version my account stopped harvesting and whenever I try to start harvesting I get an error.

If you activated auto harvesting on startup then the boot account is used for harvesting. Unless you increased the max harvester limit in the configuration only one account can harvest and thus you get an error when trying to harvest with the main account.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 08:50:17 AM

That indeed probably means the account is unknown. When upgrading, did you create a new wallet and import your main account? It that is the case, a new delegated (= remote) account was created and thus you must deactivate delegated harvesting and after 6 hours activate it again.

If you activated auto harvesting on startup then the boot account is used for harvesting. Unless you increased the max harvester limit in the configuration only one account can harvest and thus you get an error when trying to harvest with the main account.

I made a detailed tutorial to help you double check your steps. 

http://blog.nem.io/nis-auto-start-and-auto-harvest/

JBC

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:01:55 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2015, 09:12:29 AM by JBC

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114932/nem-right-now-we-have-the-best-designed-blockchain-platform-in-existence
NEM is the best designed blockchain platform in existence.  

NEM is a long term investment for me.  Every time I look at GitHub, I always see some new contribution in the past hours and they've never failed me.  NEM has regular updates.  M of N multisig just came out.  Mosaics will be next.  There are also several ecosystem initiatives like CryptoApex, PhotoMead and Makoto's remittance service.   NEM will be a longterm winner.

I honestly don't care if the current price slips or capitalization drops: it just means I'll buy more later.  

NEM is currently a bad terrible short term investment: see reasons below

*  The best short term investments recruited Bitcoin insiders, with connections to capital and cryptomedia, like Pietilä and Buterin.
*  Short term investments add PoW, to appeal to the miners.
*  Short term investments get added to margin trading and lending on Poloniex.  It's easy to buy high and pump & dump when you are trading with other people's money.  

NEM did 0/3.  NXT and BTS did 1/3 with Poloniex.

If we got NEM added to margin trading and lending on Poloniex then capitalization and volume would shoot up but this would only benefit short term investors who would dump the following week(s).   Nor is it necessary as Makoto has venture funding.

Roger Ver is a well publicized successful investor in Bitcoin and yet he only ever had 0.1% to 0.2% of the eventual 21 million Bitcoins in circulation.  You can buy 0.1% of NEM for only 4 BTC and 0.2% for 8 BTC.  4 BTC and 8 BTC is $1000 - $2000.  

To buy the same percentages in the other 2.0 projects is $10,000 - $20,000 (NXT and BTS) and $150,000 - $300,000 (ETH).  These are approximations and not exact numbers   Only thing cheaper than XEM is maybe Qora, Crypti and NODE and I already own at least 0.1% of those three projects.

JBC Japan Bitcoin
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 09:04:01 AM

Forum is back up.  I'm not sure the exact answer for you, but maybe one of these can help.

https://forum.ournem.com/vps-nodes/how-to-setup-a-node-in-vps/
http://blog.nem.io/create-a-windows-vps/
https://forum.ournem.com/tutorials/guide-to-running-nem-on-openjdk-8/
https://forum.ournem.com/tutorials/how-to-setup-a-node-in-raspberry/
https://github.com/rb2nem/nem-docker

nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:06:30 AM

The Crypto Apex NEM/ FIAT exchange project has been PASSED by the Community for the PUBLIC stage of the application for funding.

https://forum.ournem.com/proposals-for-community-projects/crypto-apex's-application-for-nem-community-funding-3349/60/

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 09:11:29 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114932/nem-right-now-we-have-the-best-designed-blockchain-platform-in-existence

NEM is a long term investment for me.  Every time I look at GitHub, I always see some new contribution in the past hours and they've never failed me.  NEM has regular updates.  M of N multisig just came out.  Mosaics will be next.  There are also several ecosystem initiatives like CryptoApex, PhotoMead and Makoto's remittance service.   NEM will be a longterm winner.

I honestly don't care if the current price slips or capitalization drops, it just means I'll buy more later.

*  The best short term investments recruited Bitcoin insiders, with connections to capital and cryptomedia, like Pietilä and Buterin.
*  Short term investments get added to margin trading and lending on Poloniex.  It's easy to buy high and pump & dump when you are trading with other people's money.  

If we got NEM added to margin trading and lending on Poloniex then capitalization and volume would shoot up but this would only benefit short term investors who would dump the following week(s).   Nor is it necessary as Makoto has venture funding.

Roger Ver is a well publicized successful investor in Bitcoin and yet he only ever had 0.1% to 0.2% of the eventual 21 million Bitcoins in circulation.  You can buy 0.1% of NEM for only 4 BTC and 0.2% for 8 BTC.  4 BTC and 8 BTC is $1000 - $2000.  

To buy the same percentages in the other 2.0 projects is $10,000 - $20,000 (NXT and BTS) and $150,000 - $300,000 (ETH).  These are approximations and not exact numbers   Only thing cheaper than XEM is maybe Qora, Crypti and NODE and I already own at least 0.1% of those three projects.

I definitely agree with your points 1 and 2 and are things we need to work on more.  But adding Polo margin trading on XEM might not be possible because we don't have the volume for Polo to add us, but even if they did it could be very dangerous.  As you it would make it a lot easier to pump and dump XEM, but that isn't actually something that we really want to do right now.  While it sucks that we aren't all super rich this week or this month, there is a lot of interesting tech going on with NEM that can add value in future the real way and not via a pump.  Also more times than not margin trades bring more serious dumps then they do pumps.  The example of Bitfinix having a flash crash just a couple of days ago is an example.  that was totally because of their margin trading, and this has happened many times in Bitcoin because of margins, yet we don't really every see any 17% boosts.  In crypto it is proving much easier for people to make money off of shorting and instigating dumps, than it is raising marketcaps.  

NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:50:58 PM

I made a detailed tutorial to help you double check your steps. 

http://blog.nem.io/nis-auto-start-and-auto-harvest/

jabo38, BloodyRookie thank you so much for your replies on my questions. I have solved the problem by adding my remote account private key, enable auto harvesting at boot = true, adding my remote account and main account public address in the allowed addresses "for harvesting". It works fine. Thanks again.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 02:17:53 PM

I honestly don't care if the current price slips or capitalization drops: it just means I'll buy more later.  

nice analysis Smiley

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 03:39:10 PM

nice analysis Smiley

"Long Term" investor sounds much better than "Bagholder." Wink But seriously we are going two years in and we see nothing but failing value. I see the rest of the market shooting past NEM and the cobwebs starting to show. Prove me wrong, I beg you. Not with words, with results.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:12:00 PM

Really good analysis. it's similar to my thinking about NEM. it is a longterm investment.

Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:26:20 AM

at the first calling of people on the web site nem.io it seems to them that NEM is to SCAM. that isn't present. everything is empty. there is a desire at once to leave from the web site nem.io. if you look for low volume problem that it is necessary to look for it on the web site nem.io. the first page is the person NEM! you have to issue well the first page having told there most in detail about all best NEM functions. also don't forget to specify total of coins as to investors it is very important. issue properly the first homepage, it at you now empty, and the people will start reaching itself for NEM when compares NEM to Ethereum and will choose that that at the price is cheaper and more favorable.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 10:00:47 AM

What are you talking about, nem.io is not empty  Huh

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 10:59:39 AM

open other web sites and you will see a difference as there at them the first homepage is issued and as it is issued at NEM.

https://www.stellar.org
https://ethereum.org

unless it isn't visible as there at them the first homepage is filled with the description of useful functions and NEM on the first homepage don't have anything.

where the description of that that is multi-signatures?
where about that that NEM possesses innovative and best block chain?

where all that has to be as descriptions and advantages shown on pictures in comparison with other block chain crypto platforms?

therefore also the potential investor going to the homepage NEM sees anything and leaves. therefore he also considers NEM a usual simple coin as on the homepage to it all essence doesn't reveal at once. for search of an essence it is necessary to spend an extra time and to go in I undressed the blog. on it the potential investor has no time and without having taken away any advantages on the homepage he leaves on farther from NEM.

not surprisingly why the price of XEM constantly falls and all investors consider XEM a dead coin. notice - a coin. i.e. they don't even know what is it because as the same Stellar and Ethereum has no detailed description in pictures that such NEM and in what its advantage in comparison with other block chain crypto platforms of new generation.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 11:33:17 AM

open other web sites and you will see a difference as there at them the first homepage is issued and as it is issued at NEM.

https://www.stellar.org
https://ethereum.org

unless it isn't visible as there at them the first homepage is filled with the description of useful functions and NEM on the first homepage don't have anything.

where the description of that that is multi-signatures?
where about that that NEM possesses innovative and best block chain?

where all that has to be as descriptions and advantages shown on pictures in comparison with other block chain crypto platforms?

therefore also the potential investor going to the homepage NEM sees anything and leaves. therefore he also considers NEM a usual simple coin as on the homepage to it all essence doesn't reveal at once. for search of an essence it is necessary to spend an extra time and to go in I undressed the blog. on it the potential investor has no time and without having taken away any advantages on the homepage he leaves on farther from NEM.

not surprisingly why the price of XEM constantly falls and all investors consider XEM a dead coin. notice - a coin. i.e. they don't even know what is it because as the same Stellar and Ethereum has no detailed description in pictures that such NEM and in what its advantage in comparison with other block chain crypto platforms of new generation.

Literally the first thing you see on the website is a video explaining NEM. If people are still intersted after that they can find pretty much everything on that website (except links to the community which has been debated).

If you got clear, concrete suggestions please go ahead and make them.

Pages: « 1 ... 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 [958] 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: