Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:27:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 [957] 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:15:58 PM

application can work in stealth mode

I can't understand what does it means
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Microove

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:43:35 AM

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs25.postimg.org%2F614vkum33%2FNEMvs_BTCv5.png&t=555&c=Kq3vY5puGB7C4g

Very nice graphic and easy to understand. 
I think a lot of these graphics programs can be downloaded for free on Google but the trouble isn't making them but making an informed and correct comparison between NEM and another project.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1153740.0

Most of us need threads like the above and hope the information about the other projects are correct.

Thank you! It isn't that easy as you think btw Wink

Actually Lon gave me some feedback @ Telegram on the info graphic and here is his reply to my same question:

If you understand tiered architecture design, applications can all hide behind a firewall and talk to any NIS. Hence it is masked. It is hard, but not impossible for anyone to track where the application solution is coming from. This method of design is commonly known as stealth mode.

From security standpoint, you don't need expensive security solutions to run this sort of set up. It saves a lot of money on both hardware and software.

Programming in terms of hardening the solution is also made simpler.

Hacking is very much reduced to insider job, which is very much the same as many solutions with hardened security.

While we are at it, this website is a classic example of how NEM is so much simpler. http://documentation.colu.co/

In there you will see that a programmer is very much dependent on colu.co to provide the API. In our case, most are embedded in NEM. APIs for NEM are publicly available.

NEM has already much of what colu has done. For anyone to do a colu equivalent, the person will have to develop that again before he can start working on his proprietary solution.

NEM is open for all to do whatever they want to do. Hope you see the difference.

Essentially NEM has taken away and made redundant colu.

Colu, counterparty and Omni are classic examples of a layer on BTC. NEM won't have those entities as that layer is inside it already. If at all, it will be system integrators coming in to the mother of all these redundant entities and program applications directly instead.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:28:53 AM

*removed img for space*

I think a lot of these graphics programs can be downloaded for free on Google but the trouble isn't making them but making an informed and correct comparison between NEM and another project.

Most of us need threads like the above and hope the information about the other projects are correct.

Actually Lon gave me some feedback @ Telegram on the info graphic and here is his reply to my same question:

If you understand tiered architecture design, applications can all hide behind a firewall and talk to any NIS. Hence it is masked. It is hard, but not impossible for anyone to track where the application solution is coming from. This method of design is commonly known as stealth mode.

From security standpoint, you don't need expensive security solutions to run this sort of set up. It saves a lot of money on both hardware and software.

Hacking is very much reduced to insider job, which is very much the same as many solutions with hardened security.

Wuut ? Could you elaborate on why it's hard to track where it's coming from and why this is so secure ?

Something else I noticed. The graphic says that the most active nodes are being rewarded. This is incorrect. It should say the most active accounts are rewarded or rather more important.

Lastly, imho wether NIS is run remote or local doesn't pertain to how "hot" the wallet is.

btw did you make that graphic? Good job ! Looks really nice.

Mirko

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 01:06:15 PM

I have a question about Crypto Apex Inc., when the funding will start?

nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:47:18 PM

The first stage has not finished yet. The Community will have decided if Crypto Apex Inc. has passed quorum or not at around 7pm London time today. The result should be known tomorrow.

Ultimately the Core Member team decides if and when funds would be given out for any project seeking funding.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Mirko

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 02:11:27 PM

The first stage has not finished yet. The Community will have decided if Crypto Apex Inc. has passed quorum or not at around 7pm London time today. The result should be known tomorrow.

Ultimately the Core Member team decides if and when funds would be given out for any project seeking funding.

Sounds great, I hope something will come out of this!

ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:57:21 PM

You may not be the hottest dev in crypto, but you wrote the longest post in the history of BTT Shocked

hahahaha, I remember when Gimre use to tell me "you got to make things shorter if you want people to read them," but I can't.  There is just too much going on in NEM, and lots more that I want to write about but haven't got the okay yet so it could have been even longer!

so it fills at least the Bitcointalksites of a coin which interest nobody.
(This should be no trolling -i am also invested in NEM-, but reality...)

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:59:35 PM

Waiting and being exited about this release. Hope this will raise the awarness for NEM in times where there is a countercoin (BitcoinXT) to Bitcoin  Grin

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 01:06:53 AM

You may not be the hottest dev in crypto, but you wrote the longest post in the history of BTT Shocked

hahahaha, I remember when Gimre use to tell me "you got to make things shorter if you want people to read them," but I can't.  There is just too much going on in NEM, and lots more that I want to write about but haven't got the okay yet so it could have been even longer!

NEM should interest everybody. It is really a remarkably stable and well-designed platform Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:17:01 AM

NEM should interest everybody. It is really a remarkably stable and well-designed platform Smiley

This is true. I'm not the most active and have been gone for awhile, but NEM is impressive. Slow and steady. No pump, flash in the pan, etc.

It will stand the test of time, and stand out more as time passes.
Microove

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:37:05 AM

*removed img for space*

Wuut ? Could you elaborate on why it's hard to track where it's coming from and why this is so secure ?

Something else I noticed. The graphic says that the most active nodes are being rewarded. This is incorrect. It should say the most active accounts are rewarded or rather more important.

Lastly, imho wether NIS is run remote or local doesn't pertain to how "hot" the wallet is.

Hi Pat,

Yes I've made this info graph! Thanks for the compliment. The point which we are unsertain about was input given by Lon. I just put it in there because it seemed he had a case. I have to be honost that I really didn't get it aswell, hence is why I asked him a question about it and he gave me the reply above. As the info graphic should contain feedback from the community, I've put that in there.
So I'm not really able to elaborate on that. Maybe you could ask Lon about that.

The rest will be updated! Smiley
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 03:55:28 AM

Bumping this for a little bit of added visibility.

Recent News Roundup #4

It has been a few weeks since my roundup #3 and I have a lot to talk about.

Since the last round up a news article was published about NEM in CT NEM - Right now we have the best blockchain in existence.

We have successfully undergone our first hard fork at block 199,800, but be sure it won’t be the last. Lots of more exciting developments are on the way.

Major upgrades have come to multi-sig via this fork. Here we can see a transaction where I am editing my M-of-N from 4 to 3. And it can also be seen that Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak have signed off on the transaction but Harrison Wells and Cisco Ramon have not.

There are some nodes that haven’t updated yet. Please update if you recognize your name.

RB2 has updated his NEM Docker so it works with the current latest version of NEM.

There has also been a lot of activity all throughout NEM's Github and not just about new core features being added to NEM.

New sections have been added for test vectors and NEM Vanity Address Generatorand new life has come to nickel.

Quantum Mechanics has been working on some new projects for NEM. He has made a new paper wallet website and a tutorial to go with it.

He is now working on making a faucet that will utilize multisig for security. As the community has long mentioned that we are pretty excited about his contributions. If you would like to donate to him, then please send to NAMOAV-HFVPJ6-FP32YP-2GCM64-WSRMKX-A5KKYW-WHPY

As many people have complained in the past the original OP for NEM on BTT was found to be lacking. Part of the problem was that Xtester had been running the thread but then decided to leave crypto. He is doing well now focusing on his job, but that left us with nobody updating this thread or moderating it. Now he has transferred it to the account ournem which is an account under the control of the core team used only for updating and moderating this thread. We now have a new OP so please check it out and give us feedback. In the OP there are two infographics that are new which were made by Mixmaster and myself that the community gave feeback on.

We are looking for more videos and infographics so please help us out. Microove has recently decided to also make a new Bitcoin vs NEM infographic and here is his last version. Please give us some feedback on what you think and how it might be improved.

Two weeks ago I recently did a one hour presentation in Seoul to a bitcoin group that went well. It was recorded and feedback given by NEM team members and I am considering making another video at some point.

Two weeks ago Makoto also did another one hour presentation in Japan (in Japanese again). Another past presentation from a month ago has surfaced on Youtube of him speaking in English.

There is an ongoing proposal from the Community Fund to fund Crypto Apex’s new fiat <-> XEM exchange. They will work with a bank in the British Virgin Islands and are planning on having XEM traded with dozens of different fiat currencies. A community vote is underway by POI, the first such vote like this ever. If you would like to vote please send a message for yes to NAL332-F3WCCI-O6NHXS-G3BULU-HZR4OU-OFWJGO-HHQF saying "I support this project." If you would like to vote no, then please send a message to NAT62Q-S4IT65-6MJ2U7-2NZZSC-NRBH3R-T2YN3T-5U4O saying "I do not support this project."

The voting will finish tomorrow and if the proposal succeeds then the Crypto Apex will submit a more detailed proposal to the NEM core team (Crypto Apex members on the core team will be excluded of course) and then the core team will vote on whether to carry the proposal forward or not.

More information can be found here about Crypto Apex here and about the Community Fund.

There is also now a NEM Drive folder on Google Drive. This folder contains lots of official NEM material and marketing material as well as other files that might be hard to find as they are scattered about different websites.

Looking to the future, the developer Gimre gave us a peak of NEM Mosaics.

I’ll try to explain a bit about this quickly. Mosaics is the asset creating feature on the NEM blockchain that goes together with Namespaces explained here. Mosaics are assets that can be customized by the following:

Divisibility – Up to 6 decimal points.
Quantity – Either mutable, fixed, or capped.
Transferability – Asset can be locked into only being traded with the creator and the first person it was sent to, or it can be transferred to anyone.
Descriptions – An explanation about the asset.
Packagability – Assets can be bagged together with other assets
Name and Namespace – Assets will be a part of an advanced naming system on NEM
Data – Assets can be sent with messages

With many more plans for customizability coming in the next version, we believe Mosaics will be a powerful blockchain feature. It will allow for asset creations on NEM that are not just used for IPOs, but will be able to be utilized by businesses with real apps using the Mosaics as a part of their daily business model and transactions.

Meet a Nemster

And finally, here is a little highlight about a Nemster, a new thing I am starting with round ups and nice way to end the round up. Who? Well, I guess the best place to start is with the person writing this round up, me.

My name is Jeff McDonald and here is a little bit about me.

Q: How did you become interested in blockchains and NEM?
A: I am working in South Korea as a communications professor. I often send money back home and had been doing it with bank transfers that ended up charging me a lot of fees. That was until I discovered Bitcoin. Since that day I have not ever not sent money back hope for a loss, always sending better than the official XE.com rate. I did this by timing my buys and sells well and watching the market for good times when the price is low in South Korea and high back home.
From there I got fascinated with Bitcoin but came eventually to see many things with it that made me doubt it to some degree as a long term solution, many of the problems which were being addressed by NEM, so that is how I found my way here.

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I like flying trick kites at the beach, exercising, and meeting my gf.

Q: Please describe NEM in 3 to 8 words?
A: Tomorrow’s blockchain today.

Mirko

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 06:04:28 AM

What caused the price drop?

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:09:27 AM

BTC went doesn and everything follows. Not exactly a new paradigm.

rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:27:41 AM

*removed img for space*

Hi Pat,

Yes I've made this info graph! Thanks for the compliment. The point which we are unsertain about was input given by Lon. I just put it in there because it seemed he had a case. I have to be honost that I really didn't get it aswell, hence is why I asked him a question about it and he gave me the reply above. As the info graphic should contain feedback from the community, I've put that in there.
So I'm not really able to elaborate on that. Maybe you could ask Lon about that.

The rest will be updated! Smiley

I think he wants to say: both NIS and NCC have remote APIS so you can run your business logic elsewhere in a private network.
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:01:51 PM

in fact xem went down many days before btc dropped so btc was actually not the issue.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:50:32 PM

I would say that you are partly right. The drop of BTC is an additional catalysator of XEM's downtrend.

in fact xem went down many days before btc dropped so btc was actually not the issue.
Trollollo

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:01:34 PM

I think,some people dumped XEM to buy Etherum.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:42:56 PM

We want some good news ASAP
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:45:44 AM

I think,some people dumped XEM to buy Etherum.

BTC has crashed because of BTC XT, perhaps they should look to NEM instead?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pages: « 1 ... 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 [957] 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: