Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:10:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 [948] 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984378 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:40:11 PM

Christ is this a joke? This is why NEM is going no where.
Nem is going no where because of "marketers" or whar are they called. So many excuses, delays, weak marketing,almost no PR at all,no innovation and developement in last few months,devs dont accept the help offered.by the community,i mean they have to be more open minded Thats why nem woth nothing. We need a radical change.

When did developers refused help?
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:47:58 PM

Nem is going no where because of "marketers" or whar are they called. So many excuses, delays, weak marketing,almost no PR at all,no innovation and developement in last few months,devs dont accept the help offered.by the community,i mean they have to be more open minded Thats why nem woth nothing. We need a radical change.

When did developers refused help?

lol......Mr Unpronouncable  hasn't got a clue....

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 07:55:14 PM

cut

don't mean to be rude, but you don't know what you're talking about.
join slack of telegram get outside of btt hole, btt was a starting point,
but we won't care about btt in long run anyway.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 04:33:49 AM

It seems like me the main consumer services Bitcoin is offering is 1) drugs/gambling/illegal activities, and with that 2) privacy, 3) remittance and the trailing 4) internet shopping

Does that seem about right in that order?

And while right now 1 and 2 are much bigger than 3 and 4, in the coming years 3 and 4 will grow much larger than 1 and 2. 

I guess you are right. Internet shopping is a still increasing market and with the right incentive to use crypto currencies it can easily overtake 1 and 2.

And there is another one that goes right along with internet shopping. I asked this question in one of the bitcoin chat groups I was in and another person mentioned microtransactions.  That should be an additional area for expansion. 

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 04:37:42 AM

Right now we would like help with people making infographics, working on NCC, writing articles, building webpages (if anybody knows Ruby we are having a sticking point with transferring forums and a person with Ruby knowledge would help out for sure) and making a faucet (address and server space provided, just need somebody to code it).

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:59:56 AM

No. There is financial world crisis (grexit, china stock market bubble). Also Vitalik's baby born, Ethereum sucks out all oxygen from second generation cryptocurrency family. There is no room for NEM growth.

There Ethereum hype will die off soon when all the hypers realize hardly much has been produced by the giant ether team.. There is more than enough room for growth for NEM, just look at counterparty going.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 08:54:36 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/overstock-unveils-blockchain-trading-platform-to/

Intersting development. I had thought that Bryne was a Bitcoin maximalist but it seems that might not be the case.

Reading in between the lines he is building a tech that needs a better blockchain.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:11:12 AM

Wow, thanks for gathering and sharing all those links. i am working on a blog article and some of the links can definetely bring up some useful information for it.

@jabo38

Also, the $1.5 quadrillion figure is a rough estimate. The size of the unregulated derivatives market is really unknown, some say it is ~$1.2 quadrillion others
say it is about half that at ~$600 trillion. Infographics are not normally academic, but its good to at least have some sources.

Big Risk: $1.2 Quadrillion Derivatives Market Dwarfs World GDP
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/06/09/risk-quadrillion-derivatives-market-gdp/

Here's What $1.2 Quadrillion Looks Like
http://moneymorning.com/2013/09/18/heres-what-1-2-quadrillion-looks-like/

Why Derivatives May Be the Biggest Risk for the Global Economy
http://business.time.com/2013/03/27/why-derivatives-may-be-the-biggest-risk-for-the-global-economy/

World Derivatives Market Estimated As Big As $1.2 Quadrillion Notional, as Banks Fight Efforts to Rein It In
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2013/03/worldwide-derivatives-market-estimated-as-big-as-1-2-quadrillion-as-banks-fight-efforts-to-rein-it-in.html

Naked Capitalism and the $1.2 Quadrillion Question
http://www.theotcspace.com/2013/03/26/size-matters-naked-capitalism-and-the-1-2-quadrillion-question/

Bank for International Settlements - Derivatives statistics
http://www.bis.org/statistics/derstats.htm

"Total notional amounts outstanding of OTC derivatives amounted to $630 trillion at end-December 2014."
Bank for International Settlements - OTC derivatives statistics at end-December 2014
http://www.bis.org/publ/otc_hy1504.htm

"Compression has reduced notionals outstanding by a little over $200 trillion, including some $120 trillion in interest rate derivatives and $80 trillion in credit default swaps."
International Swaps and Derivatives Association - The Stats Tell the Story
http://isda.derivativiews.org/2012/06/07/342/

JPMorgan Chase had a notional value of $69 trillion (12/31/2012). JPMorgan Bank, not the holding company, had a Total Credit Exposure to Risk Based Capital ratio of 228%.
Quarterly Report on Bank Derivatives Activities
http://www.occ.gov/topics/capital-markets/financial-markets/trading/derivatives/derivatives-quarterly-report.html

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
http://www.occ.treas.gov/

How Big is OTC Really?
http://www.theotcspace.com/2013/03/22/how-big-is-otc-really/

A good infographic on bank exposure in derivatives.
http://demonocracy.info/infographics/usa/derivatives/bank_exposure.html

9 Biggest Banks' Derivative Exposure - $228.72 Trillion
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2012/03/derivs%20by%20bank.jpg

No surprise here.
Bank of America blocks employees from reading Zero Hedge blog
http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/mass_roundup/2012/12/bank-of-america-blocks-zero-hedge.html

The sooner we transition away from fiat, the better off we'll be.

g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 02:55:15 PM

cut

why do you guys notice only the "not responding" part? Dont try to defend yourselfs. I was speaking about the whole ecosystem of nem.

No. There is financial world crisis (grexit, china stock market bubble). Also Vitalik's baby born, Ethereum sucks out all oxygen from second generation cryptocurrency family. There is no room for NEM growth.

Nem has to do nothing with world financial crisis. Just a limited number of persons know about it. 1-2k person isn't enough to make a "coin" grow or spread. NEM has to be much more mainstream to get in a such a financial layer.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 07:37:57 PM

cut

why do you guys notice only the "not responding" part? Dont try to defend yourselfs. I was speaking about the whole ecosystem of nem.

Nem has to do nothing with world financial crisis. Just a limited number of persons know about it. 1-2k person isn't enough to make a "coin" grow or spread. NEM has to be much more mainstream to get in a such a financial layer.

1-2k person??? I see maybe 7 people posting in this thread. I am going to say maybe 300-500 people actually care this coin exists.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:29:21 PM

These coin is stable like a rock

I think we must rename it as

Stablecoin
ournem (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:40:52 AM

{bigsirko}

Price too much for something with a supply of 9 billion.  This is only worth 9 Satoshi at maximum.  9 for 9; seems fare for everyone.

replacing a comment that got deleted by mistake.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:47:29 AM

cut

1-2k person??? I see maybe 7 people posting in this thread. I am going to say maybe 300-500 people actually care this coin exists.
You could say that for many coins and talking as far as the BTT community goes perhaps, but there must be alot more people trading in it on the exchanges to keep the volume and marketcap as high as it is.
There are more people interested in cryptocurrency than you might think.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Trollollo

Activity: 539

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:54:15 AM

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

A lot of people only trading and holding XEM.
"If you stay on field and looking on forest,you will see couple hundred of trees,but from this point,you will never see how many trees are in this forest at all"
It is like one side of iceberg.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
Quantum_Mechanics

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 05:14:58 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 11:33:22 PM by Quantum_Mechanics

Hi !

I just made an online paper wallet generator for XEM using php2nem and NIS API.

You can check it here

Generated NAJPXZ-AQ2HMK-72JILF-PLJBC6-MQLA3L-PRLP4Y-4NZN and imported the private key in client with success ! Earlier I tried to send some XEM on the paper from poloniex but got "COMPLETE: ERROR" (seems to be Polo issue).

I also made a simple faucet script, almost finished, I'm working on automating payouts.

NAMOAV-HFVPJ6-FP32YP-2GCM64-WSRMKX-A5KKYW-WHPY
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 05:23:48 AM

Hi !

You can check it here

Generated NAJPXZ-AQ2HMK-72JILF-PLJBC6-MQLA3L-PRLP4Y-4NZN and imported the private key in client with success ! Earlier I tried to send some XEM on the paper from poloniex but got "COMPLETE: ERROR" (seems to be Polo issue).

I also made a simple faucet script, almost finished, I'm working on automating payouts.

Yeeaaah!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

I just handed out a lot of paper wallets.  That is really cool.  We are really excited about getting a faucet too!  I'll chip in to help charge it.

dengchangli

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:26:08 AM

This is a good coin!!!

Quantum_Mechanics

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 06:25:51 AM

Hi !

You can check it here

Yeeaaah!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

I just handed out a lot of paper wallets.  That is really cool.  We are really excited about getting a faucet too!  I'll chip in to help charge it.

That would be great ! Smiley

If it works with no problems, I plan to open source it, everyone will be able to run a XEM faucet easily.

I still need to experiment but I think I'll publish some tutorials about using the API to create XEM web services, starting with paper wallet generator, It's so simple any level webmaster can do it in 5 minutes.

NAMOAV-HFVPJ6-FP32YP-2GCM64-WSRMKX-A5KKYW-WHPY
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 08:48:48 AM

very exciting!

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 09:33:36 AM

Hi !

You can check it here

Great job! May I suggest 2 improvements?

1. Make the keys easily cut and paste into the NCC wallet
2. Generate a QR Code as well.

But this is great!
Pages: « 1 ... 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 [948] 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: