Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:17:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 [916] 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 03:54:10 PM

Dinner's Club International was the first credit card.  A new and revolutionary payment system at the time.  They spent a ton of money and had a huge first mover advantage. 

Then about 8 years later another credit card company started up called Visa.  You know the rest of the story.

https://youtu.be/zF2YwOnH-CA?t=41m

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 05:09:16 PM

will NEM go to 10sats so I can buy more?

Not even close. You better buy now. If you get greedy, you will be stuck on the other side.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:21:40 PM

Yeh, I agree with you. I am convinced that the next release will bring thinks up which pushes the price. Currently, most are still disappointed about the bad communication and the lack of fixed release times.

It will be towards 100 soon.

It's an established crypto, innovative, with a rock solid dev team that makes meaningful progress consistently if you follow the development.

It's down a little, and the perfect time to buy. The mobile app is in testing now. Plus much more going on.

Much more than a forum switch lmao.

The problem is that they are very good developers, but unfortunately the worst in crypto marketing without ideas and concept!

Aren't you getting bored of saying that ? What on earth is anyone supposed to market right now ? I'm confident there will be apropriate marketing when there is something to tell people.
It's not all on the devs and the rest either. You have an idea ? Speak out and request funding instead of sitting in this thread naging.

You got any examples os successfull marketing campaings ? I mean where anything longer term came out of it ? I'd like to see them.

As i said some weeks ago, NEM is now a third/fourth row coin in most peoples toughts... If an effective marketing would have operated immediately, would be different, because to supply this immage now would be very very difficult...

I am not a marketing expert, but that there is no marketing for NEM is understanding anyone. The best example is this bitcointalk forum.. right, here are many trolls but anyone interested in cryptocurrencies is looking here, and if he see many active other active threads, and this very inactive threads, is obvious that he will opt for another... And now don't come out we have telegram, slack, forum and so on.... If you are only interested, but not invested, you don't go to register on telegram, forums ... only to look what NEM guys are discuting there!!! Having an big active bitcointalk thread IS FUNDAMENTAL, even if there are some trolls, they are anyway and anywhere..
We should try anything to get on btc38 CNY markets, there the volume is very very high for every coin traded there... If made some requests, but but it must be much more..

everyone sees fall of NEM and noted that devs does nothing will stay away... this not should be a trolling contribution, but someone has to say it

While it seems like having a big and active Bitcointalk profile is fundamental, that isn't exactly the case.  There are only about 3 or 4 projects of crypto platforms that are really doing interesting things above and beyond Bitcoin.  I'd mention Ripple/Stellar, NXT, Bitshares, Dash/Monero (in my opinion in that order).  All of these also mostly live off of BTT, but still remain some kind of presence here.

What does live on BTT is a ton of pump and dumps.

In reality it is very hard to manage a complex project with lots of people working on lots of areas in a single purpose thread.  What is easy to do is to make a pump hype thread as a single purpose thread.  On some level everybody intuitively knows that.

While I agree with you that a lot of people coming into crypto end up here on BTT, the smart ones will not live here.  It is full of pumpers/dumpers/FUDsters. 

And when it comes to marketing there are tons of coins doing better marketing than NEM, but to be fair they are only marketing false hope and pump talk.  Coins like Paycoin and all the Paycoin look-a-likes have come in and promised radical changes become worth A LOT and faded away into obscurity. 

Instead NEM has the completely opposite approach than most of the threads on BTT.  We are marketing what we have.  While other platforms hype up things that won't be built for a year or two if that at all, they are really selling grand promises.  We are making no promises and working hard and when we get good features finished, then we will announce it here and start marketing elsewhere.  It is very different from how things are normally done in crypto so it feels strange to most people and they are a bit panicky at the moment because main devs or core marketers aren't coming in here saying, "you buy now and you be rich man with nice car next year".   

NEM is long game.  I keep on saying it and people keep on getting panicky.  That is their loss. 

+1

I agree.
BTT is getting toxic, full of scammers, pump and dumps etc.

Your right, alot of the platforms you mentioned are very much active outside of BTT.
NXT is one such example, they moved over to NXT forum, but still have a thread here but its not very active.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:02:20 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 12:37:51 AM by Chris001

This will be the third time we dropped a bit...

...and once again we will see those few that will admit it, that they panicked and ended up buying back for more.

It seems to be a problem that's pretty common around BTT

It is obvious as hell.

Were still in beta.

This is all you need to know. Don't say I didn't warn you, AGAIN LOL  Smiley

The current update you want is that the devs are finishing out the 1.0 features with things like having N of M multisig already working on the testnet....

....The projects that they have announced publicly and that will be included in V1 are Smart Property Tiles,  Smart Contracts, Decentralized Exchange, Integration of multisig into to further NEM features, and quick node syncing tech.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
MrPortMan

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

TEZOS

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 02:17:31 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 03:07:59 AM by MrPortMan

9 Billion for 9 Satoshi.  DO NOT SELL ABOVE 9 Satoshi.

9 Satoshi will improve distribution by making it cheaper for new users to become adopters of NEM.  We must crack a few eggs before we can make an omelet.  Once we fall to 9 Satoshi we can make it go to 900 Satoshi.   Shocked

You won't be able to make big pump. Big volume are necessary every day. We need 1 000 000 dollars volume every day! You have 1 000 000 dollars every day for big volume XEM? Roll Eyes

Look at daily volume Ripple : http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 04:52:12 AM

9 billion coins.  Price is 9 Satoshi.  9 for 9.  99 plan for NEM success.

welcome back, TaunSew

IOTA
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:42:43 AM

Dinner's Club International was the first credit card.  A new and revolutionary payment system at the time.  They spent a ton of money and had a huge first mover advantage. 

Then about 8 years later another credit card company started up called Visa.  You know the rest of the story.

True, but there is zero evidence that nem, out of 500 different cryptos, would be like Visa. Also there are cases where someone was first and remained #1. Example: YouTube. We can pick and choose examples to make a point, but future of nem, indeed the entire crypto world, is completely uncertain.   

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:38:35 AM

Anyone have any pictures of the app?

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:40:03 AM

This will be the third time we dropped a bit...

...and once again we will see those few that will admit it, that they panicked and ended up buying back for more.

It seems to be a problem that's pretty common around BTT

It is obvious as hell.

Were still in beta.

This is all you need to know. Don't say I didn't warn you, AGAIN LOL  Smiley

The current update you want is that the devs are finishing out the 1.0 features with things like having N of M multisig already working on the testnet....

....The projects that they have announced publicly and that will be included in V1 are Smart Property Tiles,  Smart Contracts, Decentralized Exchange, Integration of multisig into to further NEM features, and quick node syncing tech.

+1
Ive lost too much money over the last year from panic selling coins, ive learnt my lesson and wont be making the same mistake again.
HODL.

NEM has a future unlike all the other pump and dumps.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
ournem (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:59:33 AM

Yeh, I agree with you. I am convinced that the next release will bring thinks up which pushes the price. Currently, most are still disappointed about the bad communication and the lack of fixed release times.

It's an established crypto, innovative, with a rock solid dev team that makes meaningful progress consistently if you follow the development.

It's down a little, and the perfect time to buy. The mobile app is in testing now. Plus much more going on.

The problem is that they are very good developers, but unfortunately the worst in crypto marketing without ideas and concept!

Aren't you getting bored of saying that ? What on earth is anyone supposed to market right now ? I'm confident there will be apropriate marketing when there is something to tell people.
It's not all on the devs and the rest either. You have an idea ? Speak out and request funding instead of sitting in this thread naging.

You got any examples os successfull marketing campaings ? I mean where anything longer term came out of it ? I'd like to see them.

As i said some weeks ago, NEM is now a third/fourth row coin in most peoples toughts... If an effective marketing would have operated immediately, would be different, because to supply this immage now would be very very difficult...

I am not a marketing expert, but that there is no marketing for NEM is understanding anyone. The best example is this bitcointalk forum.. right, here are many trolls but anyone interested in cryptocurrencies is looking here, and if he see many active other active threads, and this very inactive threads, is obvious that he will opt for another... And now don't come out we have telegram, slack, forum and so on.... If you are only interested, but not invested, you don't go to register on telegram, forums ... only to look what NEM guys are discuting there!!! Having an big active bitcointalk thread IS FUNDAMENTAL, even if there are some trolls, they are anyway and anywhere..
We should try anything to get on btc38 CNY markets, there the volume is very very high for every coin traded there... If made some requests, but but it must be much more..

everyone sees fall of NEM and noted that devs does nothing will stay away... this not should be a trolling contribution, but someone has to say it

While it seems like having a big and active Bitcointalk profile is fundamental, that isn't exactly the case.  There are only about 3 or 4 projects of crypto platforms that are really doing interesting things above and beyond Bitcoin.  I'd mention Ripple/Stellar, NXT, Bitshares, Dash/Monero (in my opinion in that order).  All of these also mostly live off of BTT, but still remain some kind of presence here.

In reality it is very hard to manage a complex project with lots of people working on lots of areas in a single purpose thread.  What is easy to do is to make a pump hype thread as a single purpose thread.  On some level everybody intuitively knows that.

While I agree with you that a lot of people coming into crypto end up here on BTT, the smart ones will not live here.  It is full of pumpers/dumpers/FUDsters. 

And when it comes to marketing there are tons of coins doing better marketing than NEM, but to be fair they are only marketing false hope and pump talk.  Coins like Paycoin and all the Paycoin look-a-likes have come in and promised radical changes become worth A LOT and faded away into obscurity. 

Instead NEM has the completely opposite approach than most of the threads on BTT.  We are marketing what we have.  While other platforms hype up things that won't be built for a year or two if that at all, they are really selling grand promises.  We are making no promises and working hard and when we get good features finished, then we will announce it here and start marketing elsewhere.  It is very different from how things are normally done in crypto so it feels strange to most people and they are a bit panicky at the moment because main devs or core marketers aren't coming in here saying, "you buy now and you be rich man with nice car next year".   

NEM is long game.  I keep on saying it and people keep on getting panicky.  That is their loss. 

+1

I agree.

Your right, alot of the platforms you mentioned are very much active outside of BTT.
NXT is one such example, they moved over to NXT forum, but still have a thread here but its not very active.

I remember when the NXT community was discussing leaving BTT.  At the time I thought it was a terrible decision, but opening up their own forum allowed 100+ projects to organize and be discussed.  That simply just couldn't have been done on BTT. 

We have lots of projects being discussed on Telegram in private chats too.  The problem with living on Telegram instead of a forum though is that outsiders can't see it.  Or who knows, maybe it is a blessing.  It keeps the pumpers and fakers away.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:41:24 PM

+1

I agree.

I remember when the NXT community was discussing leaving BTT.  At the time I thought it was a terrible decision, but opening up their own forum allowed 100+ projects to organize and be discussed.  That simply just couldn't have been done on BTT. 

We have lots of projects being discussed on Telegram in private chats too.  The problem with living on Telegram instead of a forum though is that outsiders can't see it.  Or who knows, maybe it is a blessing.  It keeps the pumpers and fakers away.

This thread is good for visibility and for sharing the latest updates, releases and security fixes. The rest should be discussed on the nem forums itself Smiley
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 10:53:10 PM

It is scary that all of our "trolling" forecasts for this coin have come true.  Roll Eyes Cheesy

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:16:38 AM

It is scary that all of our "trolling" forecasts for this coin have come true.  Roll Eyes Cheesy

I was never trolling as they were all my honest opinion and observations. Also app photos?HuhHuhHuh If it exhists why not post just 1 photo.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
mladen00
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:47:44 AM

I am greedy mother"shutyourmouth"  Wink but there is 9 billion coins, I think the price will plummet before it will rise. Kinda like, when you just
Dinner's Club International was the first credit card.  A new and revolutionary payment system at the time.  They spent a ton of money and had a huge first mover advantage.  

Then about 8 years later another credit card company started up called Visa.  You know the rest of the story.

True, but there is zero evidence that nem, out of 500 different cryptos, would be like Visa. Also there are cases where someone was first and remained #1. Example: YouTube. We can pick and choose examples to make a point, but future of nem, indeed the entire crypto world, is completely uncertain.  

had sex with your gf but then you see Selena Gomez on the television  Wink

really?? selena???

IOTA
mladen00
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:49:19 AM

evidence is that a power of NEM, force you to write on this topic. Be nice and buy yourself a million or two. You'll be sleeping so much better

IOTA
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:06:20 AM

Dinner's Club International was the first credit card.  A new and revolutionary payment system at the time.  They spent a ton of money and had a huge first mover advantage.  

Then about 8 years later another credit card company started up called Visa.  You know the rest of the story.

evidence is that a power of NEM, force you to write on this topic. Be nice and buy yourself a million or two. You'll be sleeping so much better

everyone who bought nem and wasn't original stakeholder lost money. funny how you want people to buy it.

why do I need to buy more? I have several millions, probably more than you, but that doesn't mean I am going to post BS. The long term  future of nem is completely uncertain.  

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
mladen00
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:40:18 AM

everyone who bought nem and wasn't original stakeholder lost money. funny how you want people to buy it.

why do I need to buy more? I have several millions, probably more than you, but that doesn't mean I am going to post BS. The long term  future of nem is completely uncertain. 

if you don't wanna buy - don't buy, but i don't understand your's mental state to spread fud.
I like some coins, i dont like some coins, but i'm healty enough to skip my comments about imo bad coins.

If you have something to criticize be constructive

IOTA
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 07:29:25 AM

Anyone have any pictures of the app?

Makoto sometimes posts on Telegram.  The app overall is functional right now with occasional bugs here and there that are being worked out, but it is not that pretty and is still being worked on, so it would be better to post screens after it is cleaned up more.  Sooner rather than later an open beta will start I guess.

JBC

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:34:09 AM

Litecoin is Silver of Bitcoin, Peercoin is Bronze and NEM is Copper.  NEM is the Copper of Bitcoin.

JBC Japan Bitcoin
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:04:02 AM

Litecoin is Silver of Bitcoin, Peercoin is Bronze and NEM is Copper.  NEM is the Copper of Bitcoin.

So cheap and plentiful every crackhead wants to steal it?  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 [916] 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: