Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:31:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 [962] 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984378 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 07:13:18 AM

hmmm crashing because of NIS sync issues?

Hi Kelsey. Please don't mind the BTT trolls. They have their own selfish agenda in trading NEM.

What is the problem your NIS?

for a week or so NIS hasn't fully synced, few days it was saying 1 day behind, now for a few days its been saying 2 days behind.

as a result any blocks i harvest (all saying 20% difficulty) later disappear. 

You got a bad line to the net? Bad line to the net causes that.

Something else that causes a problem like that is having the computer sleep or shutdown while NEM is running.  Sometimes when the computer starts back up, NEM is fine but sometimes it isn't.  In that case your database can be corrupted and you have to follow this guide to remove your database and sync a new one from scratch (luckily that usually doesn't take too long).  http://blog.nem.io/how-to-delete-your-local-copy-of-the-blockchain/

yep one of the first things i'd tried, and done twice since, still never fully syncs.

Are you perhaps not running version 0.6.42 or 0.6.43?  If you aren't you will have to update and then delete the chain and sync again.  We recently had a hard fork to bring in new features and any old software won't work.

If you have updated, I am suspicious that somehow maybe some of the old NEM files got mixed into the new ones somehow.  But lets check your version first. 

Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:15:11 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 08:51:29 AM by Nortan12rx

Also, a little more news.  Quantum Mechanics from https://www.krakenlabs.org has been working on a faucet for NEM.  He is working out the last bugs right now.  There was a problem with it needing to be restarted sometimes and with fingerprinting not being 100%.  Lets hope he has it fixed!

He has also announced that his next project will be email alerts for an account you register and want to be watched.

One of the testers managed to beat the faucet.  Quantum is fixing it up again.

i will look forward when repair faucet. 100 000 000 Makoto. I will be very rich! 100 XEM it as earlier 1 BTC when everything only began in far 2010. it is possible to draw parallels safely. and at the price it is identical. 1 BTC in 2010 I cost 1 cent and now 100 XEM in 2015 cost about 1 cent. 100 XEM it as 1 BTC at the price of 2010. parallels obvious. at XEM the big future. i won't pass any faucet Smiley

https://youtu.be/5_J0vI4tIPY
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:58:18 PM

Hi Kelsey. Please don't mind the BTT trolls. They have their own selfish agenda in trading NEM.

for a week or so NIS hasn't fully synced, few days it was saying 1 day behind, now for a few days its been saying 2 days behind.

Something else that causes a problem like that is having the computer sleep or shutdown while NEM is running.  Sometimes when the computer starts back up, NEM is fine but sometimes it isn't.  In that case your database can be corrupted and you have to follow this guide to remove your database and sync a new one from scratch (luckily that usually doesn't take too long).  http://blog.nem.io/how-to-delete-your-local-copy-of-the-blockchain/

yep one of the first things i'd tried, and done twice since, still never fully syncs.

Are you perhaps not running version 0.6.42 or 0.6.43?  If you aren't you will have to update and then delete the chain and sync again.  We recently had a hard fork to bring in new features and any old software won't work.

If you have updated, I am suspicious that somehow maybe some of the old NEM files got mixed into the new ones somehow.  But lets check your version first. 

yep on 6.43,  and have since the trouble uninstalled reinstalled etc etc etc still no luck.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 04:02:02 PM

For sure in this version an asset owner can manually quickly scan the blockchain, create some new dividends and then send out the bonuses to each holder.  That is no problem to do, but hasn't been automated in version 1 to make it done in one click.  Although a person could easily write a script to do it.   Mosaics will have more versions after this version with more functions, so that can be something that is added to NCC and fully automated, but will be later.  

great story thx

but dividends to each asset owner is a must have

option1 100000 assetX in circulation if a dividend of 10000 assetX is issued by assetIssuer the 10000 must be split correct between the asset owner

OR

option2  assetIssuer set a dividend multiplier that affect each asset owner (in upper example 10%)

if ya have assets which qualify owner for recieve dividends we need such mechanics for automated distribution of dividends
it would be crazy work to calculate and manual send dividends towards 500 people who own different sized shares of a asset with 100000 pieces

I'll mention dividends to the devs.

You don't need to manually calculate it. You can write an external program to do it. Don't think this is a feature in the mosaic as it will require some automation and therefore needs to be in the  Business Rules, which still needs some programming anyway.

Just remember, with mosaic and multisig, you can do almost anything with an external program, even smart contracts.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:27:57 PM

Argh...what I don't like is that I always need to stop and start harvesting after an update. it costs 12 hours (6hr for stop, and 6 hrs to start again). Huh

yep on 6.43,  and have since the trouble uninstalled reinstalled etc etc etc still no luck.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:07:14 PM

Argh...what I don't like is that I always need to stop and start harvesting after an update. it costs 12 hours (6hr for stop, and 6 hrs to start again). Huh

You should keep your old wallet instead of importing your private key in a new one.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 08:05:43 PM

You should keep your old wallet instead of importing your private key in a new one.

Rigel is right.  The delegate harvester is attached to that wallet.  So if you save it, you can even move to a different computer and not have to stop and start it again.  Much easier too than having to import the key each time.  http://blog.nem.io/how-to-find-export-or-delete-your-wallet-and-address-book-file/

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 08:18:45 PM

I am happy to announce that Quantum Mechanics has made faucet.nem.io, but please let me take a moment to explain.  This is not just a faucet, it is an shining example of the start of what NEM technology can do. 

Quantum Mechanics has built two new programs.  They are XEMpay and XEMsign.  The act as account controls.  Programs that run on top of NEM that monitor and filter transactions.  So a person can set a maximum amount per withdrawal, a maximum amount per day, account filtering and so on.  By using these on top of multisig, Quantum as made what is probably the most secure faucet on any blockchain.  Each transaction uses multisig from a 2-of-2 account.  Both nodes are completely separated, yet automated and the only communication that have between them is the blockchain. 

For anyone familiar with multisig on Bitcoin, there is a clear difference here making this a 2nd generation multisig. 

Great job Quantum  Grin Grin Grin

He can be tipped at NAMOAV-HFVPJ6-FP32YP-2GCM64-WSRMKX-A5KKYW-WHPY and if you would like to review XEMpay and XEMsign, please visit his Github.  https://github.com/QuantumMechanics

The faucet is set to give out 100 XEM every 12 hours to each redeemer. 

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 08:19:13 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2015, 09:04:39 AM by jabo38

Yes...... Faucet

Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:49:03 PM

100 000 000 Makoto!
yeah! i will be rich Smiley Smiley Smiley
https://youtu.be/UTK57dJc_pU
Quantum_Mechanics

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 09:10:08 PM

Do not hesitate to give suggestions about the amount and claiming time Smiley
I'll increase the amount and reduce time as much as possible depending of the funds and user base.

I'm happy to see it live. Both automated programs runs as planned, no downtime so far, more than 3 days XEMsign is running and almost 2 days for XEMpay since the fix. Hope to see them used in other projects. Improvements are planned but right now email notification system for incoming tx got priority. Test version on the way, stay tuned Wink

NAMOAV-HFVPJ6-FP32YP-2GCM64-WSRMKX-A5KKYW-WHPY
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:26:01 PM

Quantum_Mechanics, and it is possible to make not 12 hours and 11:55 hours time please? it that each about 12 hours it was possible to come to faucet at the same time. these will just make 5 minutes it possible and time will never run away for the minute ahead. thanks Wink
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 03:10:31 AM

Something else that causes a problem like that is having the computer sleep or shutdown while NEM is running.  Sometimes when the computer starts back up, NEM is fine but sometimes it isn't.  In that case your database can be corrupted and you have to follow this guide to remove your database and sync a new one from scratch (luckily that usually doesn't take too long).  http://blog.nem.io/how-to-delete-your-local-copy-of-the-blockchain/

Are you perhaps not running version 0.6.42 or 0.6.43?  If you aren't you will have to update and then delete the chain and sync again.  We recently had a hard fork to bring in new features and any old software won't work.

If you have updated, I am suspicious that somehow maybe some of the old NEM files got mixed into the new ones somehow.  But lets check your version first.  

yep on 6.43,  and have since the trouble uninstalled reinstalled etc etc etc still no luck.

Just don't deactivate and then reactivate delegated harvesting and you can start harvesting again immediately after update. There's no reason to deactivate delegated harvesting. All delegated harvesting does is map your account's importance to another account. Starting/stopping software has nothing to do with that mapping because it is on the block chain.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:28:51 AM

Something else that causes a problem like that is having the computer sleep or shutdown while NEM is running.  Sometimes when the computer starts back up, NEM is fine but sometimes it isn't.  In that case your database can be corrupted and you have to follow this guide to remove your database and sync a new one from scratch (luckily that usually doesn't take too long).  http://blog.nem.io/how-to-delete-your-local-copy-of-the-blockchain/

Are you perhaps not running version 0.6.42 or 0.6.43?  If you aren't you will have to update and then delete the chain and sync again.  We recently had a hard fork to bring in new features and any old software won't work.

If you have updated, I am suspicious that somehow maybe some of the old NEM files got mixed into the new ones somehow.  But lets check your version first.  

yep on 6.43,  and have since the trouble uninstalled reinstalled etc etc etc still no luck.

Just don't deactivate and then reactivate delegated harvesting and you can start harvesting again immediately after update. There's no reason to deactivate delegated harvesting. All delegated harvesting does is map your account's importance to another account. Starting/stopping software has nothing to do with that mapping because it is on the block chain.

can't say todate i've ever used delegated harvesting.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:22:37 AM

For sure in this version an asset owner can manually quickly scan the blockchain, create some new dividends and then send out the bonuses to each holder.  That is no problem to do, but hasn't been automated in version 1 to make it done in one click.  Although a person could easily write a script to do it.   Mosaics will have more versions after this version with more functions, so that can be something that is added to NCC and fully automated, but will be later.  

great story thx

option1 100000 assetX in circulation if a dividend of 10000 assetX is issued by assetIssuer the 10000 must be split correct between the asset owner

OR

option2  assetIssuer set a dividend multiplier that affect each asset owner (in upper example 10%)

if ya have assets which qualify owner for recieve dividends we need such mechanics for automated distribution of dividends
it would be crazy work to calculate and manual send dividends towards 500 people who own different sized shares of a asset with 100000 pieces

lot assets try represent a company where share ownership which qualify for some kind of payouts that need this mechanic

additional u need a second path of split mechanic

it could be u have assetX that represent company shares
and assetY thats represent lets say tokenized BTC

then u need a way to split the BTC dividends (in form of assetY) between the owner of assetX
[...]

What should happen if the asset issuer cannot pay all dividents cause he doesn't own enough assets?

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:25:24 AM

Generally i recomment that if your NIS can't sync whithin 6 hours, stop it, delete the db and resync from scratch because most likely either the db is corrupt or you are on a fork that is too deep to be automatically resolved.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 11:55:43 AM

great story thx

OR

lot assets try represent a company where share ownership which qualify for some kind of payouts that need this mechanic

additional u need a second path of split mechanic

it could be u have assetX that represent company shares
and assetY thats represent lets say tokenized BTC

then u need a way to split the BTC dividends (in form of assetY) between the owner of assetX
[...]

What should happen if the asset issuer cannot pay all dividents cause he doesn't own enough assets?

"issuer" is the organisation which create assets
he can not run out of assets

same as usa run never out of $ if they decide to print more there are more.....

but yes i understand there can be use-cases where u want to run a locked asset where no more can be created

there is so many possibilities

my aim it to explore possibilities to simulate a POS coin rollout for a virtualized crypto coin

all cryptocoins create their coins out of "nowhere"
just creating heat and calculate some algorythm doesnt represent any value
it only destroy valuable electricity

its far better u find a coin rollout model and ruleset that doesnt include waste energy.....

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 04:42:51 PM

NEM is certainly very light on electricity.

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 05:34:37 PM

"issuer" is the organisation which create assets
he can not run out of assets

same as usa run never out of $ if they decide to print more there are more.....

but yes i understand there can be use-cases where u want to run a locked asset where no more can be created

there is so many possibilities

my aim it to explore possibilities to simulate a POS coin rollout for a virtualized crypto coin

all cryptocoins create their coins out of "nowhere"
just creating heat and calculate some algorythm doesnt represent any value
it only destroy valuable electricity

its far better u find a coin rollout model and ruleset that doesnt include waste energy.....

Just run your own program and use nem-core or use NCC APIs to manage your crypto. With that you can have your own centralised and powerful smart contract like the Fedex.

NEM cannot put everyone's wishes in there. But NEM provides the platform to do so. To do gymnastics and bend backwards, one will need to write one's own program that can do anything programmable. NEM can be easily dovetailed to it.

Please have a look at how someone has done something with the NCC API here with multisig:

https://github.com/QuantumMechanics/XEMsign
https://github.com/QuantumMechanics/XEMpay

If you understand the gist of the above, you will know that you can actually do a lot with NEM.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 05:53:14 PM

Oh okay, thanks for this information. I had a problem starting harvesting after an update and someone on nem forum told me, that it is necessary to stop and start the delegate harvesting :/ Now I know it better Smiley

Rigel is right.  The delegate harvester is attached to that wallet.  So if you save it, you can even move to a different computer and not have to stop and start it again.  Much easier too than having to import the key each time.  http://blog.nem.io/how-to-find-export-or-delete-your-wallet-and-address-book-file/
Pages: « 1 ... 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 [962] 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: