Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:07:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984153 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NOjust

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 02:49:23 AM

There is another coin out there similar to NEM, Their client is based on NXT; It also have fair distribution.
It beats NEM to launch first.

http://nhzcrypto.org/

Their fair distribution are currently for sale on Poloniex exchange for price cheaper than NEMstake
https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_hz

totally different from NEM,
just a clone of NXT?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:15:12 AM

time to save crypto nem cause i lost money by redeeming  Smiley Smiley Smiley
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:19:24 AM

interesting to read:

Ict and the future of financial services

http://www.ericsson.com/industry-transformation/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/11/ict-and-the-future-of-financial-services.pdf

IOTA
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 10:19:18 AM

Hello all,

just to keep you informed. Initially we've decided to do last beta + restart without multisig UI, but that would be pretty senseless,
so you'll have to wait a bit more, but we'll try to provide you with some basic UI, just to let people play with multisig while still in beta.

thanks for the update. Smiley

looking forward to trying it out

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 10:28:48 AM

My Internet connection is terrible so I've decided to use Mofowallet to send the NEMstake asset. Hope this works...

What is your reaction to this post of CfB?

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg138611/#msg138611

Post #15169

I feel like we've had this one before.
Short answer: Don't judge algorithms if you're not sure how exactly they work Wink
Somewhat longer answer: People seem to assume that POI completely throws out POS which isn't true. It merely enhances POS and it does so in a way that does not jeopardize security. In fact how big the difference between POS and POI actually is we'll only see "in the wild". If you behave like a bagholder, don't transact or receive anything then POI will behave almost exactly like POS because those additional factors simply don't come into play (with the exception that you importance will decrease as others importance increases). However if you do transact and play an active role in the economy that will affect your harvesting power. How much ? That is what the real world has to show us.
Ofc I'm not the best person to answer as I'm not the mind behind POI but that should sum it up.

Like you, I've always felt that proof-of-importance is a variation of proof-of-stake but with added variables. In fact, PoI kind of reminds me of what Google tried to achieve in the late 90's with their PageRank algorithm:

Quote from: Wikipedia
PageRank is an algorithm used by Google Search to rank websites in their search engine results. PageRank was named after Larry Page, one of the founders of Google. PageRank is a way of measuring the importance of website pages. According to Google:

PageRank works by counting the number and quality of links to a page to determine a rough estimate of how important the website is. The underlying assumption is that more important websites are likely to receive more links from other websites.

To get to the top of the search results on pre-PageRank search engines like Altavista, the standard trick was to do what's known as "keyword stuffing" - putting every word, not just relevant ones, into the meta tags. The importance algorithm within PageRank soon rendered this trick obsolete and the placement of sites was once again determined by their importance. It was still possible to game the system, but doing so became significantly more difficult.

Of course, what separates an important website from an unimportant website is quite different from what separates an important account from an unimportant account but you get the idea.

That was a very good explanation.  I really like how you said that.

Let me add a bit. To me Bitcoin and NXT (and basically most others) are all about how much.  With PoW it is about how much you can waste.  All those hashes in PoW are like a blind kid walking around a football field swinging wildly at a pinata.  It is about how many pointless swings that kid can make until he smacks the goal. 

With NXT it is certainly better because now it is not so much waste, but it is still about "how much".  It is about how much you can buy (or swindle) and then hoard it. 

So both of these are about how much and neither of those "how muches" really actually help the actually system. 

But with NEM PoI it is about how well.  We are measuring performances and quality, not quantity.  Anytime you get a system that is based on quality, then that system design will lead it to optimization, but when you have a system focused on only high numbers, many sacrifices are made and the system as a whole becomes unbalanced. 

To sum it up.  Everyone else is about how much you can do.  NEM is about how well you can do it.   NEM is like fine wine. :-)

bitcoinhype

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:39:59 PM

There is another coin out there similar to NEM, Their client is based on NXT; It also have fair distribution.

Their fair distribution are currently for sale on Poloniex exchange for price cheaper than NEMstake

Look at this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=884525
oldisoft

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

https://iota.org/

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:29:34 PM

Hello all,

just to keep you informed. Initially we've decided to do last beta + restart without multisig UI, but that would be pretty senseless,
so you'll have to wait a bit more, but we'll try to provide you with some basic UI, just to let people play with multisig while still in beta.

thank you very much for info

oldisoft

Activity: 854

https://iota.org/

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:33:33 PM

I forgot to include a link to their online wallet version.
https://account.horizonplatform.io/

NHZ is just piece of shit like NAS and another clones of NXT  

And of course there are no any relation with NEM

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 02:07:39 PM

I forgot to include a link to their online wallet version.
https://account.horizonplatform.io/

NHZ is just piece of shit like NAS and another clones of NXT  

And of course there are no any relation with NEM

If it's a clone coin, then naturally it did beat NEM. NEM, thankfully, isn't a clone.
MrPortMan

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

TEZOS

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:04:09 PM

Continuing conversation on a subject why to us in NEM regional national fiat currencies within global monetary NEM of system will be necessary: https://vk.com/wall-63042102_14183

Crypto Fiat (give new names we will think up to Fiat) will promote internal commodity turnover, it won't turn out so money at the population came to an end.

Now we face very not a simple task. To make or one model of an econemy, unipolar, or hybrid. Hybrid is all NEM share at once on all equally (it is the central global crypto currency, and NEM is called), and, I suggest at once all Fiat not to distribute on all residents of Russia, Ukraine, Germany, the USA, and so on (World). And to give out to each person of times a day a living wage necessary per day. On this money of people will be able to go to the cinema (we will construct movie theaters own within the world of NEM), to descend in cafe, to buy some thing. To spend it will turn out because the sum at the end of day burns down and from new day this sum is again started. I.e. it will be impossible to accumulate. But thus the world of NEM has to pass to high technologies completely. Any person that wasn't who would perform some work. Everywhere the high robotized technologies have to be involved. Thanks to them we will receive goods (production) and all material values for everyone will become free. Or conditionally free. Anything to whom won't belong.

Here at me the paradigm rises as it everything to make? How to us to carry out transition to this system of values? I think it is worth experimenting with regional national currencies, in two versions in the beginning most likely (2 restarts will be possible - a hybrid), and then when already crypto Fiat it is general accepted, not to spend it for any nonsense (decumulation) and to be engaged in investment into the serious robotized technologies and technologies of artificial intelligence. Our main task to receive from recognition of our crypto Fiat in our order the high robotized technologies based completely on artificial intelligence. And further already we will smoothly approach thanks to them that that for everyone everything will become free or conditionally free. Those who has heard a lot about the project Venus of Jacques Fresko understand probably that the key to it lies through the global NEM project and through creation (the hybrid version with restarts) global monetary NEM of system with regional and national conventional crypto Fiat which we will () invest its most part in the high robotized technologies with introduction of artificial intelligence (cars have to be reasonable). Thereby we will lay to ourselves a way to general global prosperity where all are equal where things on all the general and where there is no word - mine.

Everything on all will always be the general. About the computers based on cloudy services I wrote already before. You can come into the account from any device, there is no more word my computer either my phone, or the tablet. And also will be with cars, planes, yachts, and even space. A key to everything to assign all human work, all dirty and hard work, to the high robotized technologies with built in them artificial intelligence (reasonable cars).

After start of NEM on шaгoвo I will write the further plan of our joint actions. For a start we need crypto Fiat conventional worldwide. The first start will be declared with definition for each country of the world of final quantity of limited coins and division into each inhabitant equally. Further will be to everyone (after all-recognition that this crypto Fiat is money on an equal basis with Fiat) projects are offered where it will be necessary to invest that we at nemster had robotized technologies equipped with artificial intelligence. Further construction of the new cities with application of high technologies where won't work any person. I saw it (Jacques Fresko) has concepts of frame houses, the house very quickly by a stekovka of inhabited blocks among themselves is under construction. We will receive hi-tech housing of the third millennium. For everyone who the nemster will also be ready to support global monetary NEM system, participating in distribution and then in upholding and all-recognition (global referenda on all planet) there will be a free housing. There will be no word is my house, my apartment, and so on. Everything becomes the general for everyone. That to whom doesn't belong.

We nemster are on the threshold something very great. And only we, having united worldwide, under a modern language, under new culture, under new global religion for all and for everyone (isn't present and there shouldn't be a concept of division of people and dominion or a vrazhdovaniye because of differences) we will be able to build for ourselves the new updated world in which there will be an equality, general for all, general unity (the geography for nemster will extend), and more the person the person will never govern. We enter with NEM an era of true democracy worldwide and direct democracy. All officials, deputies, ministers, presidents and so on - aren't necessary to us any more. High technologies will assume all the most responsible and necessary for life support of people.

With NEM the era of global prosperity of people and transition begins with manual skills (human) on work of more productive cars and the robotized technologies which even not to be necessary to operate to the person. All process will be automated and accurately programmed on the opredyonny set algorithm of work. Technological process by that will be accelerated in h1000000000 time. Every day on shelves of shops there will be all new and new equipment. Every day everything will become it better and cleverer than yesterday. Therefore why to tie itself to some thing and to tell that this mine? The general on all and every day becoming better than yesterday - here will be the motto of modern times which only we can show to the world - nemster. More anybody except us didn't find keys to the updated world. All other crypto only want to fill the pockets the and to dump in Fiat. Anywhere isn't present such that the program and the accurate plan of action for change of our world to the best was offered. Therefore - only we.

Original on russian : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455591.msg10139075#msg10139075

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
yeyo101

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:17:48 PM

we need a bartering platform  NEM to start moving it around outside the exchange.
MrPortMan

TEZOS

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:21:18 PM

We need add NEM in Perfect Money payment system.

ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 10:13:58 PM

i've done all the steps, and am marked valid on the stakeholders list. But how do I get my stake token(s)?
should it have been sent to the NEM Client that I installed and registered?
HungryLaunch

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:19:48 PM

close to 50000 again
MrPortMan

TEZOS

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:11:44 AM

We are need this technologies : http://opensourceecology.org/gvcs/

http://vimeo.com/58165438

ltcmining

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:59:10 AM

I hope everything is moving along still. Looking forward to the launch.

Is this info from the newsletter still accurate?
"Therefore, each stake will be entitled to 2,249,999.99975 NEM coins."
That, and a silver coin for which accounts?
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 04:32:27 AM

Continuing conversation on a subject why to us in NEM regional national fiat currencies within global monetary NEM of system will be necessary: https://vk.com/wall-63042102_14183

Crypto Fiat (give new names we will think up to Fiat) will promote internal commodity turnover, it won't turn out so money at the population came to an end.

Now we face very not a simple task. To make or one model of an econemy, unipolar, or hybrid. Hybrid is all NEM share at once on all equally (it is the central global crypto currency, and NEM is called), and, I suggest at once all Fiat not to distribute on all residents of Russia, Ukraine, Germany, the USA, and so on (World). And to give out to each person of times a day a living wage necessary per day. On this money of people will be able to go to the cinema (we will construct movie theaters own within the world of NEM), to descend in cafe, to buy some thing. To spend it will turn out because the sum at the end of day burns down and from new day this sum is again started. I.e. it will be impossible to accumulate. But thus the world of NEM has to pass to high technologies completely. Any person that wasn't who would perform some work. Everywhere the high robotized technologies have to be involved. Thanks to them we will receive goods (production) and all material values for everyone will become free. Or conditionally free. Anything to whom won't belong.

Here at me the paradigm rises as it everything to make? How to us to carry out transition to this system of values? I think it is worth experimenting with regional national currencies, in two versions in the beginning most likely (2 restarts will be possible - a hybrid), and then when already crypto Fiat it is general accepted, not to spend it for any nonsense (decumulation) and to be engaged in investment into the serious robotized technologies and technologies of artificial intelligence. Our main task to receive from recognition of our crypto Fiat in our order the high robotized technologies based completely on artificial intelligence. And further already we will smoothly approach thanks to them that that for everyone everything will become free or conditionally free. Those who has heard a lot about the project Venus of Jacques Fresko understand probably that the key to it lies through the global NEM project and through creation (the hybrid version with restarts) global monetary NEM of system with regional and national conventional crypto Fiat which we will () invest its most part in the high robotized technologies with introduction of artificial intelligence (cars have to be reasonable). Thereby we will lay to ourselves a way to general global prosperity where all are equal where things on all the general and where there is no word - mine.

Everything on all will always be the general. About the computers based on cloudy services I wrote already before. You can come into the account from any device, there is no more word my computer either my phone, or the tablet. And also will be with cars, planes, yachts, and even space. A key to everything to assign all human work, all dirty and hard work, to the high robotized technologies with built in them artificial intelligence (reasonable cars).

After start of NEM on шaгoвo I will write the further plan of our joint actions. For a start we need crypto Fiat conventional worldwide. The first start will be declared with definition for each country of the world of final quantity of limited coins and division into each inhabitant equally. Further will be to everyone (after all-recognition that this crypto Fiat is money on an equal basis with Fiat) projects are offered where it will be necessary to invest that we at nemster had robotized technologies equipped with artificial intelligence. Further construction of the new cities with application of high technologies where won't work any person. I saw it (Jacques Fresko) has concepts of frame houses, the house very quickly by a stekovka of inhabited blocks among themselves is under construction. We will receive hi-tech housing of the third millennium. For everyone who the nemster will also be ready to support global monetary NEM system, participating in distribution and then in upholding and all-recognition (global referenda on all planet) there will be a free housing. There will be no word is my house, my apartment, and so on. Everything becomes the general for everyone. That to whom doesn't belong.

We nemster are on the threshold something very great. And only we, having united worldwide, under a modern language, under new culture, under new global religion for all and for everyone (isn't present and there shouldn't be a concept of division of people and dominion or a vrazhdovaniye because of differences) we will be able to build for ourselves the new updated world in which there will be an equality, general for all, general unity (the geography for nemster will extend), and more the person the person will never govern. We enter with NEM an era of true democracy worldwide and direct democracy. All officials, deputies, ministers, presidents and so on - aren't necessary to us any more. High technologies will assume all the most responsible and necessary for life support of people.

With NEM the era of global prosperity of people and transition begins with manual skills (human) on work of more productive cars and the robotized technologies which even not to be necessary to operate to the person. All process will be automated and accurately programmed on the opredyonny set algorithm of work. Technological process by that will be accelerated in h1000000000 time. Every day on shelves of shops there will be all new and new equipment. Every day everything will become it better and cleverer than yesterday. Therefore why to tie itself to some thing and to tell that this mine? The general on all and every day becoming better than yesterday - here will be the motto of modern times which only we can show to the world - nemster. More anybody except us didn't find keys to the updated world. All other crypto only want to fill the pockets the and to dump in Fiat. Anywhere isn't present such that the program and the accurate plan of action for change of our world to the best was offered. Therefore - only we.

Original on russian : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455591.msg10139075#msg10139075

Some good ideas, after the launch, we need to get busy on one of these ideas and make real steps towards making it happen.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 04:35:02 AM

The amount of NEM that will be born to you in NEMesis will be 2.25 million NEM.  As for the sliver coins, it is definitely being planned 100% but some of the fine details haven't been worked out yet.  But yes, a lot of work has been put into make sure that all NEMsters will get a NEM silver coin. 

gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:17:25 AM

The amount of NEM that will be born to you in NEMesis will be 2.25 million NEM.  As for the sliver coins, it is definitely being planned 100% but some of the fine details haven't been worked out yet.  But yes, a lot of work has been put into make sure that all NEMsters will get a NEM silver coin. 

Thanks you DEVS for the hard work and dedication.
kauppalahti

Activity: 235
Merit: 110

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:17:32 AM

...silent on topic..

i hope before new excellent news

silent before storm >>>>>

DGEX is wiggled, propably because of that. All coins are blocked there...

I have placed also nemstake order to nxt ea and it is already 24 hours "pending". Can`t buy
anything. Poblem in nxt?HuhHuh?

you must update your client.

https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-4-8/msg147767/#new

Thanks for the advice.Trading is working now, but dgex is still wiggled. Already more than a week. Do not put
your money there now..
Pages: « 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: