Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 03:58:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 [634] 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984415 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:00:06 AM

When can I dump my NEM?

J/k Wink

Glad to see launch is close.

Was the poi contest ever closed? I presume I didn't win anything.

Results were in the latest newsletter Smiley
https://medium.com/@nemcoin/nem-newsletter-9-1299cf8660f1

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:39:35 AM

Nultidah, all your jumping up and down and screaming and stomping your feet will not get you your NEM candy any faster.

The devs are 100 times more concerned with a clean code than your temper tantrum.

gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:33:49 AM

test nemz please
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:27:29 AM

is there any reason why people are not just ignoreing the latest moron that is infesting this thread ?

You can do it people Smiley
If I can, so can you  Wink

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:30:27 AM

A quick update:

We have been working on preparing the addresses for the NEMESIS block. It seems that a lot of people couldn't figure out how to copy and paste NEM addresses correctly, so invalid addresses will have to redeem post launch.

Here are some interesting stats about the accounts in NEMESIS:

avg post count: 211
avg registered days after NEM start: -64 (meaning registered 64 days before NEM start on avg)
avg number of days since last active (from 3/8): 65

For comparison, here are the same stats for sock accounts:

avg sock post count: 5
avg sock registered days after NEM start: 11
avg number of days since socks were last active: 203

The days since active for the non socks are kinda worrying still imo. Did you also correlate the days since active to post count?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 07:34:42 AM

A quick update:

We have been working on preparing the addresses for the NEMESIS block. It seems that a lot of people couldn't figure out how to copy and paste NEM addresses correctly, so invalid addresses will have to redeem post launch.

avg registered days after NEM start: -64 (meaning registered 64 days before NEM start on avg)

The days since active for the non socks are kinda worrying still imo. Did you also correlate the days since active to post count?

A lot of people just left crypto when BTC was down for so many months. BTT is a ghost town compared to what it used to be.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 07:38:22 AM

A quick update:

Pearson r for number of posts and days since last active is -0.26, which is significant (p < 0.001).
For socks, the correlation is -0.29, which is also significant.

The negative correlations show that the more posts you have, the more likely it is that you were recently active.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:16:30 AM

Thanks for the numbers Smiley It's true many people left, will be interesting to see how many people will ultimately remember their NEM
patmast3r

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:24:59 AM

Thanks for the numbers Smiley It's true many people left, will be interesting to see how many people will ultimately remember their NEM

I think we can assume that all people who went through all phases of redemption will remember their NEM. I'm more worried about how many people might have lost their priv-key or somehow messed up redemption.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:42:50 AM

You can't rely on this because Ripple Giveaway led to a lot of sockpuppet accounts created in advance (because of expectations that another coin will use the same approach). For a better assessment you should do Resource Testing trick which would show how many computers are owned by the remaining accounts. If you get that only 30% accounts own a computer then you could reliably assume that 70% are sockpuppets.
patmast3r

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:50:07 AM

IMPORTANT: https://forum.nemcoin.com/nem-news-alerts/the-age-of-extinction-the-final-blow-to-sockmasters/msg13979/#msg13979

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:32:03 AM

You make it worse with this kind of methods. Do you need accusations like "NEM elite removed accounts that would dilute their share of coins"? Do a cryptographically provable sockpuppet nuking. There are not so many promising coins around, I can't just watch how one of these coins fails from the very beginning. I hope you will follow the advice...
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:35:51 AM

For a better assessment you should do Resource Testing trick which would show how many computers are owned by the remaining accounts. If you get that only 30% accounts own a computer then you could reliably assume that 70% are sockpuppets.

Oh that would be interesting indeed.
It can open a whole new can of worms and keep us occupied for the betterpart of 2015, but i would vote for that action.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:54:59 AM

I told many friends to join NEM in the beginning.

They were never active in Bitcointalk forum afterwards. I hope they won't be kicked out, because NEM could bring them to the cryptocurrency world and bring new businesses and people.
But you guys are killing new blood into it. Well done. This way the cryptocurrency world never grow.

They will probably blaim me now for not being active here. Losing faith in NEM.
Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:58:22 AM

You make it worse with this kind of methods. Do you need accusations like "NEM elite removed accounts that would dilute their share of coins"? Do a cryptographically provable sockpuppet nuking. There are not so many promising coins around, I can't just watch how one of these coins fails from the very beginning. I hope you will follow the advice...

+8.999.999.999
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 12:05:00 PM

They were never active in Bitcointalk forum afterwards. I hope they won't be kicked out, because NEM could bring them to the cryptocurrency world and bring new businesses and people.
But you guys are killing new blood into it. Well done. This way the cryptocurrency world never grow.

Same here, got 3 of my colleagues at my company into NEM and also 5 or 6 from our association for complimentary WiFi in my hometown. Idk if they are now also on "the list" i'll check that later sure. I remember it was also ok when somebody registered a stake for a family memeber, friend, ...what ever... What about them? Are those people "blacklisted" too now...?
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:09:43 PM

Same here, got 3 of my colleagues at my company into NEM and also 5 or 6 from our association for complimentary WiFi in my hometown. Idk if they are now also on "the list" i'll check that later sure. I remember it was also ok when somebody registered a stake for a family memeber, friend, ...what ever... What about them? Are those people "blacklisted" too now...?

Same story here bro. Hope my friends (2 of them) will get their stake.

I really mis UtopianFuture now.

Shared my thoughts about my stake here;

https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/nemstake-discussion/msg167786/#msg167786

I hope you won't blacklist my stake now. Centralization at its best!

Ps. Didn't log into Bitcointalk forum for months. This post of Patmast3r pushed me to the edge to do it and react here. It really is a low level decision.

patmast3r

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:20:01 PM

https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/nemstake-discussion/msg167786/#msg167786

Ps. Didn't log into Bitcointalk forum for months. This post of Patmast3r pushed me to the edge to do it and react here. It really is a low level decision.

Please just remember that it's really only a post of patmast3r. I didn't conduct the investigation or make any of the decisions.
So yes please voice your concerns and everything but - and of course this goes out to everyone - don't hate me for it. I'm just the one posting this (and the one getting the hate PMs of course).

Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:25:20 PM

Are the 4000 stakes being reduced inline with the number of socks taken out? Or do the devs/marketing/bounties etc. just keep more of the stakes (2433.5/4000)?
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:25:41 PM

Please just remember that it's really only a post of patmast3r. I didn't conduct the investigation or make any of the decisions.
So yes please voice your concerns and everything but - and of course this goes out to everyone - don't hate me for it. I'm just the one posting this (and the one getting the hate PMs of course).

Who decided to remove those accounts then? Who can we blaim? Who has the centralized authority of NEM?

Really pissed off that the 'stakeholders' are ignored to make a decision.

You guys asked us 10 times about logo opinions. But important decisions like this are made by the 'Boss' of NEM?  Huh
Even Bitshares have more delegates > 101 Delegates!  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 [634] 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: