Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:49:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 [642] 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984384 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
masap

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:03:15 PM

yes, just watch out, as extended redemption will be two months max. If you'll miss it there'll be no one to help you

thx!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:17:26 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 11:28:00 PM by TaunSew

No, I'm afraid that's incorrect.

Very good, I'll wait for the analysis publication then.
unless there is a good reason not to, I agree with releasing the analysis.

There is still the extended redemption of two months. It does not make any sense to release an analysis publication until the extended redemption is over (2 months after launch), otherwise it would give those people between 2 months to a year from today (after reading said publication) to find ways to circumvent detection.

As for the extended redemption - absolutely in no circumstance should it be processed by a per person basis.   NEM should only sent until after the two months are over and Patmast3r had time to look at all the late redemption requests and conduct sock analysis.  If that isn't done then I would be highly suspicious of this coin as most definitely sock masters would pass through if it was like: *Applies and gets coins within 20 seconds with no analysis*

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:36:05 PM

There are 1400 accounts that are not socks that are probably pretty happy that more socks got kicked out.  Then there are a few people in here screaming that we shouldn't kick out socks.

This isn't true, as each person was allowed to register two accounts, so the number of  unique stakeholders drops. Also, many sock puppet did slip through when they were given AE stakes.  I think the real number of unique  users is less than 500

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
punapeter

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:41:42 PM

There are 1400 accounts that are not socks that are probably pretty happy that more socks got kicked out.  Then there are a few people in here screaming that we shouldn't kick out socks.

This isn't true, as each person was allowed to register two accounts, so the number of  unique stakeholders drops. Also, many sock puppet did slip through when they were given AE stakes.  I think the real number of unique  users is less than 500
Well they actually kicked out today the ones who registered two accounts from the same household so it might be higher.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 11:45:41 PM

Well they actually kicked out today the ones who registered two accounts from the same household so it might be higher.

No, such holders were not kicked out. Your account might have been incorrectly assessed, that's it.
600 holders seem to have registered one stake.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
djibrilantiuang

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 12:59:02 AM

is the nem relationship with nxt?
are they the same owner?

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:59:36 AM

I have an idea: why don't you guys stop talking about NEM until its actually a REAL THING???!

Up to 700 pages without an actual functioning product.

Tards.

Yup count me in as one of the many who was fooled conned.

Now I know what its like to be an Ethereum investor.

Even if this were a con, conned out of what?  .0065 BTC or whatever the paltry amount was at the time?  $6 USD (MAYBE?).  You're a fucking dumbass.  The ETH crowd, well, that's another story  Cheesy .  Those chumps got hosed.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 01:19:42 AM

I'm helping them to claim it. They are non techies.

I'm glad I used their PC's so I can probably prove that they are not puppets.
IF they are on the list ofcourse. Very curious.  Cheesy

Just seems silly to claim stakes for the non-techies, people that can't simply claim a stake on BTT certainly won't be able to use the client.  

agreed!

I was helping my brother and my girlfriend to go through the whole process, using my computer. They're now on the list.

There will be a thread created on our forums for handling complaints, just like before, so please wait for that.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 01:32:15 AM

Here are some interesting stats about the accounts in NEMESIS:

avg post count: 211
avg registered days after NEM start: -64 (meaning registered 64 days before NEM start on avg)
avg number of days since last active (from 3/8): 65

For comparison, here are the same stats for sock accounts:

avg sock post count: 5
avg sock registered days after NEM start: 11
avg number of days since socks were last active: 203

You can't rely on this because Ripple Giveaway led to a lot of sockpuppet accounts created in advance (because of expectations that another coin will use the same approach). For a better assessment you should do Resource Testing trick which would show how many computers are owned by the remaining accounts. If you get that only 30% accounts own a computer then you could reliably assume that 70% are sockpuppets.

In this case, post count is a fair approximation for a proof of work  Smiley
People who have only 1 post in the past year are not likely to be real people. And if they are, then they are even less likely to be able to contribute anything to NEM.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 01:45:24 AM

700 pages  Cheesy

The NEM launch is right around the corner, so I hope everyone is ready! I suggested you go run our client and make sure you know what you are doing before everything gets real:
http://bob.nem.ninja/installer/

With an equal and fair distribution, we can all work together to build a new economy. We have the potential to really do a lot of good in this world.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
evok3d

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:57:32 AM

700 pages  Cheesy

The NEM launch is right around the corner, so I hope everyone is ready! I suggested you go run our client and make sure you know what you are doing before everything gets real:
http://bob.nem.ninja/installer/

With an equal and fair distribution, we can all work together to build a new economy. We have the potential to really do a lot of good in this world.

Amazing progress!

Great to have watched this one unfold. True to their words and really doing something special. On a league of its own.

Much respect

<3

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:02:20 AM

We should add fireworks to Error 500!  Wink

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:16:46 AM

We should add fireworks to Error 500!  Wink

hahahaha.  I was busy at work last night, went to sleep, get home from work today and see that this thread exploded.   Not sure where to start. 

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:18:20 AM

is the nem relationship with nxt?
are they the same owner?

nem has zero relation shit with nxt, aside from perhaps ideals... not sure what you mean by same owner? there are different devs, different code..

I think that was a Freudian slip there Kodtycoon.   Maybe you meant "relationship". hahahaha

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:36:15 AM

There are 1400 accounts that are not socks that are probably pretty happy that more socks got kicked out.  Then there are a few people in here screaming that we shouldn't kick out socks.

This isn't true, as each person was allowed to register two accounts, so the number of  unique stakeholders drops. Also, many sock puppet did slip through when they were given AE stakes.  I think the real number of unique  users is less than 500

I agree with you that probably some socks did slip through, and some people did definitely have two, but it wasn't nearly as many as what you would think.  I would love to go back and get two, but actually I just got one because back when it was time to register, I didn't know how awesome NEM would be.  And there were a lot of people just like me.

There are actually over 600 BTT users that only registered 1 account that made it through the very strict and extensive sock puppet hunt.  It was always clear all along that 2 accounts were okay, so we can think that most people just registered 1.  And while there definitely a lot of people that had two accounts and we all kind of think it is BS when somebody bought one for their "wife", there really will be people that bought 2 and one really was actually for a brother or coworker.  So just because somebody has 2, doesn't mean they are a sock (though I think most of the time they are. hahahaha)

Furthermore, that is just the BTT holders with 1 account, there are also over 500 unique NXT AE accounts.  And again, NXTers really have no reason to divide up accounts as it just makes things more difficult.  And it was told to them from near the start to not separate their stakes but to send them in together to make life easier for Pat.  Now, one problem with this is that some few people might have BTT and AE accounts, but again I think for most people it will be one or the other. 

So while there are probably some really smart and tricky sock masters that got through and some people got 2, they actually won't be that many.  In addition, there will be lots of BTT holders that missed their chance to register earlier but will redeem at launch.  Again, we can assume that most of these are people with one account that didn't know how to register or didn't get the notice to register.   When the sock master's registered, they obviously registered all their accounts.  

So, considering these things I am pretty sure that there are well over 1,000 unique users in NEM.  

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:45:13 AM

No, I'm afraid that's incorrect.

Very good, I'll wait for the analysis publication then.
unless there is a good reason not to, I agree with releasing the analysis.

There is still the extended redemption of two months. It does not make any sense to release an analysis publication until the extended redemption is over (2 months after launch), otherwise it would give those people between 2 months to a year from today (after reading said publication) to find ways to circumvent detection.

As for the extended redemption - absolutely in no circumstance should it be processed by a per person basis.   NEM should only sent until after the two months are over and Patmast3r had time to look at all the late redemption requests and conduct sock analysis.  If that isn't done then I would be highly suspicious of this coin as most definitely sock masters would pass through if it was like: *Applies and gets coins within 20 seconds with no analysis*

I am going to agree, sock masters don't know how they were caught so there is no point in announcing it.  We need to wait until all the BTT late redeemers are in to make sure that none of them are cheats.

What if the sock master with 200 accounts found his lost list of an extra 100 that he wasn't able to redeem before?   It is unlikely, but we just don't know. 

greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:46:58 AM

so with the recent socks kicked out (~ 400 accounts)

Come someone post a breakdown of how the current stakes/XEM will be distributed to the remaining stakeholders, developers, funds, etc .... with numbers?

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:53:13 AM

Come someone post a breakdown of how the current stakes/XEM will be distributed to the remaining stakeholders, developers, funds, etc .... with numbers?

As discussed a few posts back, we won't have final numbers until the extended redemption period is over.

It looks like around 1566.5 stakes will be distributed to 1397 unique NEM addresses at launch. These are not final numbers, just preliminary numbers. Eventually I expect that another 200 of the unclaimed, etc, will get their stakes, so around 1750 stakes will likely be distributed to stakeholders, but that is just my opinion.

Overall, this is still qualitatively better than what other coins have seen Smiley
I am very optimistic for the future.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:23:13 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 04:41:26 AM by makoto1337

As discussed a few posts back, we won't have final numbers until the extended redemption period is over.

It looks like around 1566.5 stakes will be distributed to 1397 unique NEM addresses at launch. These are not final numbers, just preliminary numbers. Eventually I expect that another 200 of the unclaimed, etc, will get their stakes, so around 1750 stakes will likely be distributed to stakeholders, but that is just my opinion.

Overall, this is still qualitatively better than what other coins have seen Smiley
I am very optimistic for the future.

What happens to the other 2250ish stakes?

1 stake is 1/4000 of NEM, so there are 4000 stakes total.

1155 stakes are for development (400 stakes for the core team up until V1, 355 for marketing, 400 for dev work post-V1) and the remaining 1200 or so will be used as follows:

~ 10% node rewards
~ 10% silver coins
~ 10% unconventional marketing
~ 15% community fund with strict governance
~ 15% mobile app and NEM client
~ 40% future redistribution projects (sustainable loops)

see: https://forum.nemcoin.com/general-discussion/proposed-usage-for-unclaimed-socks/msg13351/#msg13351

These numbers were agreed upon over months of discussion. The point is that the core team won't take the unclaimed/sock stakes. NEM will be able to shoot up to the moon using this firepower. We are not just targeting the world of crypto circle jerks (even BTC might only have 250k users at most), but rather are targeting the world of 7 billion people. Those who lost some sock accounts now that you created trying to get an edge of others don't need to worry about anything. Even 1 or 2 stakes are enough to make you fabulously wealthy if we can work together to create a new econemy.  Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:51:46 AM

BTW, there are two things:

1) Please try to promote our reddit page (http://www.reddit.com/r/nem/) and make it more active

2) Are there any brick and mortar shops that are interested in accepted NEM?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 [642] 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: