Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:05:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 [970] 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:26:40 AM

hey guys! at me good news for you. bitcoin really dead man.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/block-size-bitcoin-not-scale-effectively

bitcoin really dead man Embarrassed

lol no one has had to tell me that!
The writing has been on the wall for ages, and all the poor BTC holders who have been holding on to it for so long and dont want to look outside the square will be burnt badly...

Anyway, unlike bitcoin that has little or no innovation, we have marvellous projects such as NEM that will address all the issues BTC currently has.  Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 07:03:18 AM

Great summary of NEM. I will use the text to explain NEM to newcomers I want to convince from the coin Wink

What is the difference between NEM and NXT, can somebody explain it to me please?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7350595#msg7350595

Specifications
Hashing Algorithm: Proof-of-Importance
Genesis Date: March 31st, 2015
Block Time: 1 minute
Available/Total Supply: 8,999,999,999 XEM
Block Reward: N/A (transaction fees only + node rewards)

What is NEM?
NEM is a peer-to-peer crypto platform. It is written in Java and JavaScript with 100% original source code. NEM has a stated goal of a wide distribution model and has introduced new features in blockchain technology in its proof-of-importance (POI) algorithm. NEM also features an integrated P2P secure and encrypted messaging system, multisignature accounts and an Eigentrust++ reputation system.

Features
- NEM is built 100% from scratch (not a fork of any existing project)
- NEM is built with test-driven development
- NEM uses innovative Proof-of-Importance algorithm: first reputation based blockchain algorythm
- NEM improves different features of POW and POS coins, being more efficient and environmentally friendly
- NEM one minute average block times
- NEM is the first crypto with delegated harvesting
- NEM is the first with localized spam protection
- NEM is the first with Eigentrust++ peer reputation management
- NEM is the first editable m-of-n multisig with blockchain based alerts
- NEM offers encrypted, unencrypted and hex messaging
- NEM is easy to install with a one click installer
- NEM zero inflation (fixed supply, all 9 billion coins released at launch).
- NEM relatively large egalitarian distribution
- NEM will offer a mobile wallet for both iOS and Android (coming soon)

http://s25.postimg.org/6hytfe7nz/NEMpoints_v4.png

What is POI?
POI is the consensus algorithm used in NEM to determine who will calculate the next block. An account's importance is determined by how many coins it contains and the number of transactions made to and from that account. POI is different from other initiatives which use a fee-sharing model that does not take into consideration one's overall support of the network. In some proof-of-stake systems a person only needs to have large amounts of coins to form a block; however, in NEM the transaction amount as well as support of the network become a factor. This has been designed to encourage users of NEM to not simply hold NEM but instead actively carry out transactions within the NEM ecosystem.

http://s25.postimg.org/n709bb49b/NEMpoivspos_v2.png

Roadmap to V1
- Completion of all the features in the existing wallet
- Coloured Coins
- Business Rules (a.k.a. Smart Contracts)
- Decentralized Mosaic Exchange
- Integration of multisignature into the ME and Business Rules
- Snapshotting for quick syncing of nodes

nem better than nxt Smiley

if it in pictures could be placed everything somehow on homepage of nem.io website instead of that emptiness and foolish old video, i would be very glad.

place it on homepage of the nem.io website!

Any designers interested in helping us get a make over?

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 05:18:10 PM

We shouldn't focus so much on the price. We need to focus on doing what is the best thing.

Then why were you posting here that nem will have 300 million market cap at launch just a week before the launch?

He did it so NEM trolls wont die from starving.

In other words, no one should believe whatever he is posting about future of nem. He has either no clue, or he is being super optimistic, or he is trolling, according to you.

"We shouldn't focus so much on the price. We need to focus on doing what is the best thing." This has been on repeat for over 6 months now...

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:44:51 PM

This has been on repeat for over 6 months now...
Are you seriously trying to say there is no or only little progress at NEM?
lol  Roll Eyes
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 07:32:32 PM

lol  Roll Eyes

I see lots of talk about progress but nothing substantial has actually been done. BTC is sliding, NEM is slipping right with it. I know you don;t like to talk about value but this is A C U R R E N C Y... haha 100 XEM= $0.01 USD and going down. All those who invested are losing, and people will say it is a long term investment, and those are either echoing the losers of yesterday or are new to the crypto game. Smiley

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

mixmaster

Activity: 388

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:06:00 PM

I see lots of talk about progress but nothing substantial has actually been done.
Namespaces and Mosaic is a pretty far on the testnet and that is a big progress in my opinion.

BTC is sliding, NEM is slipping right with it. I know you don;t like to talk about value but this is A C U R R E N C Y... haha 100 XEM= $0.01 USD and going down. All those who invested are losing, and people will say it is a long term investment, and those are either echoing the losers of yesterday or are new to the crypto game. Smiley
BTC is a currency, but it tries to keep up with the new high tech blockchain platform solutions which are out there and that fails. Thats like tuning an old car again and again and again...
NEM is no currency, it is a platform and its features are still in development. XEM (the currency) is one small part of NEM. And yes, value of XEM is low right now, because development is ongoing and not done yet. People don't invest too much if stuff is not done yet, understandable. It takes time, NEM is a long term project, everybody who is into NEM knows that.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:25:24 PM

lol  Roll Eyes

I see lots of talk about progress but nothing substantial has actually been done. BTC is sliding, NEM is slipping right with it. I know you don;t like to talk about value but this is A C U R R E N C Y... haha 100 XEM= $0.01 USD and going down. All those who invested are losing, and people will say it is a long term investment, and those are either echoing the losers of yesterday or are new to the crypto game. Smiley

Of course all crypto is a LONG TERM GAME!
 Roll Eyes

Do you really think that is a get rich quick scheme?

Those that do are the ones that will get burnt!

Where will BTC be in 5 years?
Where will NEM or other superior currencies be in the next 5-10 years?

The answer is simple, but ill let you figure that one out.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 11:20:03 PM

I see lots of talk about progress but nothing substantial has actually been done.
Namespaces and Mosaic is a pretty far on the testnet and that is a big progress in my opinion.

BTC is sliding, NEM is slipping right with it. I know you don;t like to talk about value but this is A C U R R E N C Y... haha 100 XEM= $0.01 USD and going down. All those who invested are losing, and people will say it is a long term investment, and those are either echoing the losers of yesterday or are new to the crypto game. Smiley
BTC is a currency, but it tries to keep up with the new high tech blockchain platform solutions which are out there and that fails. Thats like tuning an old car again and again and again...
NEM is no currency, it is a platform and its features are still in development. XEM (the currency) is one small part of NEM. And yes, value of XEM is low right now, because development is ongoing and not done yet. People don't invest too much if stuff is not done yet, understandable. It takes time, NEM is a long term project, everybody who is into NEM knows that.

At the rate we are going I estimate NEM will be 50 sats or more around.... 2077 HODL EVERYONE!

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:22:52 AM

We shouldn't focus so much on the price. We need to focus on doing what is the best thing.

Then why were you posting here that nem will have 300 million market cap at launch just a week before the launch?

He did it so NEM trolls wont die from starving.

In other words, no one should believe whatever he is posting about future of nem. He has either no clue, or he is being super optimistic, or he is trolling, according to you.

"We shouldn't focus so much on the price. We need to focus on doing what is the best thing." This has been on repeat for over 6 months now...

I guess some things need to be repeated for people to understand them. You are exhibit A.
I just saw this post because mixmaster quoted it so don't bother answering...you're on my ignorelist.

Xpedite

Activity: 258

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:38:18 AM

A lot of what I see at this forum is people who see crypto as investment only. They believe it will make them rich and that's the only reason they are around... Preferably it'll make them rich today or tomorrow so they can cash out for fiat.
And that in fact is the main reason why the adoption of cryptocurrency is (and will) take much longer than any of these believers think.

What everyone should realise is that you need money to get in, to take it out!
Sure some people are getting good profits with the pump and dump schemes but while they do, they discourage adoption of crypto. Because for every whale that is manipulating the market, there will probably be hundreds of people that are just getting their feet wet in crypto and get discouraged because they see their initial investment decimated by these pump/dump schemes.

I see crypto as a means to do something about getting ripped off by the financial industry and ensure a fair/honest financial and monetary system. You may call me naive and an idealist but at least I am not the one expecting to get rich quick.

Sure I hope to make some profit from my XEM one day, but that's not the reason I am around. If XEM is at 50 sats around 2077 that's just fine by me, there will be more than enough opportunities to get value ( not profit per sé) from NEM.

If more people had this attitude; crypto would have been evolved a lot more than it is right now.

Stop expecting from devs and crypto to do something for you and start thinking what you can contribute, that's the only way to make progress and the main reason I am convinced NEM will eventually make it, since most of the core believers in NEM realise this.
Sure the price is low at this time, but that's mainly because of impatient people dumping faster than demand can grow at this time. However, I expect a pivot point where the price will shoot up and will never go back to near where it is now.  I have more fear of selling XEM and missing the pivot point than to see the price go to 10 sats, but time will tell who's right anyway. However, I am sure that if I am wrong, anyone wining about development progress going too slow or whatever will be long gone anyway  Cheesy

nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:46:12 AM

A lot of what I see at this forum is people who see crypto as investment only. They believe it will make them rich and that's the only reason they are around... Preferably it'll make them rich today or tomorrow so they can cash out for fiat.
And that in fact is the main reason why the adoption of cryptocurrency is (and will) take much longer than any of these believers think.

Sure some people are getting good profits with the pump and dump schemes but while they do, they discourage adoption of crypto. Because for every whale that is manipulating the market, there will probably be hundreds of people that are just getting their feet wet in crypto and get discouraged because they see their initial investment decimated by these pump/dump schemes.

I see crypto as a means to do something about getting ripped off by the financial industry and ensure a fair/honest financial and monetary system. You may call me naive and an idealist but at least I am not the one expecting to get rich quick.

Sure I hope to make some profit from my XEM one day, but that's not the reason I am around. If XEM is at 50 sats around 2077 that's just fine by me, there will be more than enough opportunities to get value ( not profit per sé) from NEM.

If more people had this attitude; crypto would have been evolved a lot more than it is right now.

Stop expecting from devs and crypto to do something for you and start thinking what you can contribute, that's the only way to make progress and the main reason I am convinced NEM will eventually make it, since most of the core believers in NEM realise this.
Sure the price is low at this time, but that's mainly because of impatient people dumping faster than demand can grow at this time. However, I expect a pivot point where the price will shoot up and will never go back to near where it is now.  I have more fear of selling XEM and missing the pivot point than to see the price go to 10 sats, but time will tell who's right anyway. However, I am sure that if I am wrong, anyone wining about development progress going too slow or whatever will be long gone anyway  Cheesy

Amen brother !!!!

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:59:22 AM

in 1 year many will dream of price in 50 sats when price is 1 sat.
i look forward to prices in 1 sat as this price is a bottom for xem.
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:02:07 AM

maybe your thinking is a wee bit askew ?

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:09:00 AM

maybe your thinking is a wee bit askew ?

i so don't think. look at a situation and you will understand that xem is necessary to nobody. it even is visible on daily volume. and time so, price every month will fall and approach all of us to that point in 1 sat where there will be a bottom for xem. my recommendation not to buy. to wait for price in 1 sat and then to dream of price in 50 sats to increase a state by x50 Shocked
Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:41:29 AM

I see XEM as maybe the project with the best prospects when it comes to altcoins, it will never hit 1 satoshi, that's insane, then you could buy 100 million xem for 1 bitcoin, never going to happen. It would be nice to fall back to 10 satoshi though, I'd buy a lot of em... Smiley

here so it also occurs. there where 10 sats will be and 1 sat there. why so? because for a large number coins also big daily volume is necessary. if there is no big daily buy volume that price from 10 sats will fall to 1 sat. if you go to 10 sats that you go to 1 sat with such low daily buy volume Embarrassed
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:53:16 AM

This would be 100 billion Satoshi or 1000 Bitcoins or around 240k $. I doubt you have this much of money to risk it on a coin what have not reached version 1 yer Wink

I see XEM as maybe the project with the best prospects when it comes to altcoins, it will never hit 1 satoshi, that's insane, then you could buy 100 million xem for 1 bitcoin, never going to happen. It would be nice to fall back to 10 satoshi though, I'd buy a lot of em... Smiley

here so it also occurs. there where 10 sats will be and 1 sat there. why so? because for a large number coins also big daily volume is necessary. if there is no big daily buy volume that price from 10 sats will fall to 1 sat. if you go to 10 sats that you go to 1 sat with such low daily buy volume Embarrassed

There is only 9 billion XEM, if it hits 10 satoshi I will personally buy 1 billion XEM
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:56:57 AM

This would be 100 billion Satoshi or 1000 Bitcoins or around 240k $. I doubt you have this much of money to risk it on a coin what have not reached version 1 yer Wink

There is only 9 billion XEM, if it hits 10 satoshi I will personally buy 1 billion XEM

Big investors have invested at least that much in BTC and that hasn't reached v1 either. 0.11.0 seems to be the current version.
I agree though...just sayin...

Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:58:25 AM

somewhere in a year, and can in two years when btc collapses completely. successful time to jump from sinking ship btc on new ship xem.

now i understand for what manipulators lower so xem price. that then on cheap stuff to jump and receive as much as possible xem of coins. silly investors about it don't even guess that lowering of values in price usually happens before crash of system. unfortunately, it is very unpleasant to me to tell it, but all of us live in crypto world in btc system. before its crash all values will become cheaper. what we also see. xem costs 40 sats..

we on a threshold of crash of btc and in peaks of its price will be even lower. low volume is created artificially. here i speak about xem, not about other coins.
Xpedite

Activity: 258

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:04:31 AM

About every post since my last post proves my point  Smiley

Nortan12rx

Nordway

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:12:39 AM

before crash of any system of value always become cheaper. thereby all people are exhausted as lambs in btc and then sharply system collapses. bubble bursts. this will be with btc. but will kill him technically. technology this bitcoin-xt will kill all. and here just there were new systems such as xem moreover and with artificially cut price. i think that those people who is already informed on fuure crash of btc they jumped on xem or wait that price fell still. as i to 1 sat Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 [970] 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: