Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:06:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hometester

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 11:38:42 PM

My MAC wallet doesn't connect to NIS anymore and my wallet is unusable. My funds are locked up.

Please update, or provide a fix please. I have been waiting for assistance for 2 weeks, no help here or IRC..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 12:24:50 AM

Which is the huge news?
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 01:53:03 AM

Check out an exclusive NEM Interview: https://invesd.org/nem-interview/

Thanks!

Forget about the IMF, the central banks, fiat money, NEM is the future, oooooooooh yeah  Cool

Buy at the rumour, sell at the news.  I think the next updates will send the price rocketing again.

Whats the next update?
XEM is been very quite last few months which for me is abit concerning.
I do own a significant amount of XEM so I do want the price to skyrocket. The only thing that is skyrocketing is Ethereum atm.
Having said that, i do have a realistic point of view so i dont see the price moving anytime soon.

If quietness is still concerning to you then clearly you haven't been around very long. NEM has a record of shutting the fuck up until there is actually something to show and not announcing an announcement of an announcement Smiley
I'm not saying anything is coming soon and honestly I don't expect any yuge news anytime soon but they always come out of the blue for most people.

So you are saying we should expect huge news soon out of the blue  Grin

All, and I mean basically ALL big news comes out of the blue.  All these platforms that are saying, "we are going to make a deal with Citibank, or IBM, or Samsung" are scammers and pumpers.  All the people that are promising to make you rich if you just buy their coin because they are going to x, y, z are full of BS and the only person getting rich is the people pumping. The reason is, when you are making a big deal with a publicly traded company they make you sign NDAs.  Meaning, said people saying they are making a deal with X big company by coming on BTT and saying it would be breaking the law and most likely ruining the chance to close the deal.  And the second reason is.... none of these deals are done until after the ink is signed on contracts that the lawyers approved, and even then something could go wrong and contracts get broken behind the scenes before the official announcement or roll out.

Seriously.... If Samsung was going to adopt NEM, do you think somebody would risk leaking it on a web forum so people they don't know could cash in while at the same time they could risk going to jail?  No, 100% of the time the first anybody in the public would have heard about it, would be at the Samsung press conference. 

(As far as I know we don't have deals with Samsung, IBM, or Citibank, so don't read into that please)

BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:18:39 AM

My MAC wallet doesn't connect to NIS anymore and my wallet is unusable. My funds are locked up.

Please update, or provide a fix please. I have been waiting for assistance for 2 weeks, no help here or IRC..

If you need support, https://forum.nem.io/ is the right place.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 11:58:11 AM

Check out an exclusive NEM Interview: https://invesd.org/nem-interview/

Thanks!

Forget about the IMF, the central banks, fiat money, NEM is the future, oooooooooh yeah  Cool

Buy at the rumour, sell at the news.  I think the next updates will send the price rocketing again.

Whats the next update?
XEM is been very quite last few months which for me is abit concerning.
I do own a significant amount of XEM so I do want the price to skyrocket. The only thing that is skyrocketing is Ethereum atm.
Having said that, i do have a realistic point of view so i dont see the price moving anytime soon.

If quietness is still concerning to you then clearly you haven't been around very long. NEM has a record of shutting the fuck up until there is actually something to show and not announcing an announcement of an announcement Smiley
I'm not saying anything is coming soon and honestly I don't expect any yuge news anytime soon but they always come out of the blue for most people.

So you are saying we should expect huge news soon out of the blue  Grin

big news  "we are going to make a deal with Citibank, IBM,  Samsung"  make you rich . a big deal with a publicly traded company .ink is signed on contracts. the lawyers approved. official announcement .

Samsung  going to adopt NEM,  cash in. 100%.

we  have deals with Samsung, IBM, Citibank

Jabo Confirms. to the moon Wink
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 12:25:05 PM

No Goldman Sachs?  Shocked

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
pgb

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 01:23:41 PM

No Goldman Sachs?  Shocked
If you keep mentioning the devil at the end it's gonna come ...  Wink and it scares me to death  Cry

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N
SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 02:04:13 PM

So no news?
AFAIK there is this joint venture with Dragonfly Fintech, Nomura Research Institute and SBI Sumishin Net Bank but except one small news-article which was copied a hundred times, we get no info on it.
Why should anyone invest in NEM right now, if they don't tell anyone whats going on.
You guys should need a press-manager. You have fine tech, obviously a contract with a bank and a university but not ONE SINGLE blog-entry, update or whatever.
I will pull my money since I don't know where this is going.

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
b1007

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 02:14:28 PM

So no news?
AFAIK there is this joint venture with Dragonfly Fintech, Nomura Research Institute and SBI Sumishin Net Bank but except one small news-article which was copied a hundred times, we get no info on it.
Why should anyone invest in NEM right now, if they don't tell anyone whats going on.
You guys should need a press-manager. You have fine tech, obviously a contract with a bank and a university but not ONE SINGLE blog-entry, update or whatever.

Please do me a favor and dump it low!  Cheesy Wink

I like to speculate
SteveoMB

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 02:48:45 PM

So no news?

Man your Polo-trollbox attitude is useless. And you won't post more smileys with a bag holding in your hands.

If NEM wants to be competitive it needs to be promoted in ANY way. All I see are announcements, a lantern festival and an interview. But no real progress. Reminds me of Franko-coin

pgb

Activity: 212

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:48:33 PM

So no news?

Man your Polo-trollbox attitude is useless. And you won't post more smileys with a bag holding in your hands.

If NEM wants to be competitive it needs to be promoted in ANY way. All I see are announcements, a lantern festival and an interview. But no real progress. Reminds me of Franko-coin
My advice, no that you need it or ask for it, is that if you don't see any future on this to sell and move on. There are plenty things going on and there's also plenty info in the forum, telegram and slack. You just need the time to do your research and take care of your investment.

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N
SteveoMB

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:07:01 PM

So no news?

My advice, no that you need it or ask for it, is that if you don't see any future on this to sell and move on. There are plenty things going on and there's also plenty info in the forum, telegram and slack. You just need the time to do your research and take care of your investment.

Wow. what an answer. "If you don't like it, go on." I did research and what I got was nearly nothing.

Here is why I complain:
-The polo-trollbox for example. Ask for XEM.
One or two guys will answer, that it's just another platform, without a vision nor a roadmap. "Use Ethereum".

-Reddit subreddit /r/ournem.
A guy asked for a roadmap. That was 19 days ago and he got one answer.
/r/ournem has 66 subscribers. Wow.

-Small Community everywhere.
-2 news(articles in the last 3 months. (dragon fly, interview)
-The lantern festival
-I'm part of slack and all I read was "what can we do? send me 3 things we could work on"
-No official update on nem.io with news for japan
-Nearly no twitter-acticity
-Last time Github was used is 3/4 days ago for the lightwallet and "artworks".
Then 11 days, 19 days and so on. Looks like a dead project to me.

So I don't doubt that the technology of Nem is fine, but you guys are the black hole of information and advertisement.
Why would any investor see NEM and consider to work with it?
Why would dev's consider to work with NEM when it's nowhere mentioned in up-to-date news?

I'm in the field of cryptos for 4 years now and I've never seen such a dry and desperate project.
You may be right.. I will take my money and go on.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:31:57 PM

I'm in the field of cryptos for 4 years now and I've never seen such a dry and desperate project.

Oh c'mon...gimme a break. NEVER seen such a dry project ? Rly ? So every other project had daily pushs to their github repo (i don't know if you know how git works but not every activity is immediately visible on the public repos not to mention the serber part of NEM (NIS) isn't even public yet so you wouldn't see commits there) and news every day ? Never has there been a month without major news ?

Tell us about the projects you've been following so far.

SteveoMB

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:51:43 PM

Oh c'mon...gimme a break. NEVER seen such a dry project ? Rly ? So every other project had daily pushs to their github repo (i don't know if you know how git works but not every activity is immediately visible on the public repos not to mention the serber part of NEM (NIS) isn't even public yet so you wouldn't see commits there) and news every day ? Never has there been a month without major news ?

That's none of your business. Just ignore that sentence. My points are legit though.
You may defend it but there is still this information-lack what concerns me as a longterm-holder.
I may sell my XEM's and everything's fine, but I guess I'm not the only one who things that this is suspicious.
You can tell the next person who's insecure about NEM the same stuff but that doesn't solve the problem.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:38:03 PM

That's none of your business. Just ignore that sentence. My points are legit though.
You may defend it but there is still this information-lack what concerns me as a longterm-holder.
I may sell my XEM's and everything's fine, but I guess I'm not the only one who things that this is suspicious.
You can tell the next person who's insecure about NEM the same stuff but that doesn't solve the problem.

Well let's look at your points 1 by 1. (sorry for not making those proper quotes but the post I'm refering to is on the same page anyway)

-The polo-trollbox for example. Ask for XEM.
One or two guys will answer, that it's just another platform, without a vision nor a roadmap. "Use Ethereum".

It's literally a trollbox. I think people just don't give a flying fart and frankly I understand why. We don't need weak hands that buy into hypes. Obviously only my personal opinion and I've seen plenty of people disagree with me there.

-Reddit subreddit /r/ournem.
A guy asked for a roadmap. That was 19 days ago and he got one answer.
/r/ournem has 66 subscribers. Wow.

Got a point there. The subreddit was never really active and personally i don't even know why it was started.

-Small Community everywhere.

What does that mean ? You mean the community is fragmented ? There is btt, our forum and slack/telegram. That's it. Most people are on slack/telegram nowadays and I can totally see how that looks inactive because most channels are private because anything else was constantly trolled and people would join literally just to insult makoto. However everoyne is very open about that and anyone can get an invite (http://blockexplore.in/search/join-slack/).

-2 news(articles in the last 3 months. (dragon fly, interview)

Honestly I don't feel like looking all of them up right now but there were some articles in the last weeks. Mostly in Japanese though which is why it doesn't really generate any sort of buzz.
But what do you expect ? Not everything is worthy of articles and NEM has a record of delivering results instead of announcing stuff that may or may not come in the near future.

I'm part of slack and all I read was "what can we do? send me 3 things we could work on"

What does that mean ? In what channels were you ?

-No official update on nem.io with news for japan

Totally true. Website is being re-launched I think. It's definitely being worked on right now.

Nearly no twitter-acticity

Last tweet was on march 2nd 2016. It's about quality not quantity.

-Last time Github was used is 3/4 days ago for the lightwallet and "artworks".
Then 11 days, 19 days and so on. Looks like a dead project to me.

explained that in my last post.

I'm not even saying you're completely wrong but you're imho exaggerating things. Thing are happening everyday. A new version of the app was released today to the testers for example. Everyone is very welcome to test it just join slack/telegram or forum.nem.io and ask about it. People are mostly avoiding btt.

fragout
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:42:40 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 08:56:48 PM by fragout

To be fair, some of what he says he says is not too far off the mark. Marketing is an important part of any projects success. If you build it, they will come will only work if "they" can get easy access to information on what you have built and are planning to build.
Edit. Regarding people avoiding btt, its probably true that most NEM supporters join slack and go to the Nem forum, but these are not the people that you need to convert. Its the people who know noting about Nem who come here to check out the warts and all feedback a coin is getting rather than controlled fanboy forums. Btt is a cesspool of trolls and fud, but its where i usually come to check out a coin I havnt heard of before. You can generally get the state of health of a project pretty quick.
fob123

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 11:17:32 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 11:33:15 PM by fob123

I'm going to agree with Steve 100%.
After a long and hard think since my first post, I have decided to put my money where my mouth is and have sold all my stake in XEM.
I have reinvested that stake in Ethereum which see no end in sight to its valuation.
It continues to climb 15-25% daily.

I have been a long time investor in XEM, but the lack of updates has really forced the issue.
I will move on to another forum but will keep a close eye on developments.
Time will tell if this move pays off.
fragout
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 11:45:48 PM

After a long and hard think since my first post, I have decided to put my money where my mouth is and have sold all my stake in XEM.
I have reinvested that stake in Ethereum which see no end in sight to its valuation.

I have been a long time investor in XEM, but the lack of updates has really forced the issue.

Pls.
 newbie account. 1st post saying Ethereum is skyrocketing.
2nd post saying you are top 50 Nem holder (account number ? ,its empty now right)
3rd post Sold all and bought ether
fob123

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:06:47 AM

Pls.
2nd post saying you are top 50 Nem holder (account number ? ,its empty now right)

I try to be as neutral as possible in my post. However I do find that any type of negative post is responded with defensive criticism.
How about posting information relevant to facts on projects/updates rather than personal attacks?
BTW - I already alluded to the fact that i'm a newbie and that my first post was a few days ago so nothing was relevant in your post.
fragout
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:46:54 AM

Pls.

I try to be as neutral as possible in my post. However I do find that any type of negative post is responded with defensive criticism.
How about posting information relevant to facts on projects/updates rather than personal attacks?
BTW - I already alluded to the fact that i'm a newbie and that my first post was a few days ago so nothing was relevant in your post.

Because no one will take a newbie account seriously. Do you really expect anyone to believe you were a top 50 Nem holder and that was you first 3 posts here ever?

"However I do find that any type of negative post is responded with defensive criticism." How would you know this if you only joined yesterday.? . Ether dropping btw. Sell and buy back asap Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: