Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:13:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:18:00 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 09:04:25 AM by makoto1337

I found more.  P9 - BestofSR, cryptonikus, Deftonikus, Djentriser and TeseracT.  Busted as socks on NODE.
All present on the NEM stakeholder list, haven't collected any tokens yet.

This looks pretty extensive.  It's a good chance that all the socks on NODEs' list are probably on the NEM list.  Seems like some had collected tokens (and presumably sold).  The others can still be refunded.

another audit i think may be in the making here. or we just check all the socks that node uncovers. Smiley

socks around the world will be shaking in their boots! :L

Is the audit being done? I propose stopping issuing of the asset tokens, remove any sockpuppet possible and then restart again. Sockpuppets will get through but if they are known then its criminal to let them be.

I think the community should organize another audit of the stakeholder list. The dev team is too busy coding to do that and I think it would be really great if someone would take the initiative and get this done. Post-V1, the community needs to run NEM, so people should start taking some steps in that direction.

I propose:

1. A full validation of the stakeholder list. All account stakeholder should have a link to the original registration post next to their account.

2. A full redo of population statistics. All account stakeholder should have a post count next to their account.

3. All low post stakeholder need to be rechecked for sock puppets. ---> if there is no explanation then remove them from stakeholder list.

I totally agree with these proposals. Can someone/a group of people come forward and try to start working on this? If it is too hard to coordinate things here, please feel free to create a thread on http://forum.nemcoin.com/

I can coordinate this if some more people come forward. IMO this auditing should be done here because stakeholder accounts are bitcointalk accounts and they may be required to provide explanation etc.

If I am not qualified because I am not an original stakeholder, that is fine too but I did buy 2+ stakes in AE exchange. If someone has a secret method, feel free to pm but all auditing should be done in public in a clear transparent manner.

As a holder of NEMstake you are qualified, and not being an original stakeholder is probably a good thing because you will be less biased. You can probably get a few people to help if you start on something. We already did taint analysis before, but UP was involved in that (though I am not sure to what extent, because Patmast3r and Kooream (I think it was Kooream) took the lead on that). If the community can do an independent audit, that would be good I think, though it should take a lot of time. Compiling pop stats and adding post counts, etc, seems like a good first step.

People were allowed up to 2 stakes (1 per account), because of stakes for loved ones, etc. I think that is why a lot of accounts were created just for NEM and then never heard from again. Part of it is because some people came to NEM that were not regular crypto users, so they may not come to BTT.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:19:58 AM

Everyone: I just want to point out that there some preliminary documentation on the NIS api here: http://wiki.nemcoin.com/index.php?title=Nis_Api

It'd be great if people could start taking action and starting building stuff around the NEM core. Check out trello to see what is being worked on (and please join that trello board!): https://trello.com/b/9psFZ0aQ/nem-ecosystem

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:27:05 AM

I found more.  P9 - BestofSR, cryptonikus, Deftonikus, Djentriser and TeseracT.  Busted as socks on NODE.

This looks pretty extensive.  It's a good chance that all the socks on NODEs' list are probably on the NEM list.  Seems like some had collected tokens (and presumably sold).  The others can still be refunded.

another audit i think may be in the making here. or we just check all the socks that node uncovers. Smiley

Is the audit being done? I propose stopping issuing of the asset tokens, remove any sockpuppet possible and then restart again. Sockpuppets will get through but if they are known then its criminal to let them be.

I think the community should organize another audit of the stakeholder list. The dev team is too busy coding to do that and I think it would be really great if someone would take the initiative and get this done. Post-V1, the community needs to run NEM, so people should start taking some steps in that direction.

I propose:

1. A full validation of the stakeholder list. All account stakeholder should have a link to the original registration post next to their account.

2. A full redo of population statistics. All account stakeholder should have a post count next to their account.

3. All low post stakeholder need to be rechecked for sock puppets. ---> if there is no explanation then remove them from stakeholder list.

I totally agree with these proposals. Can someone/a group of people come forward and try to start working on this? If it is too hard to coordinate things here, please feel free to create a thread on http://forum.nemcoin.com/

I can coordinate this if some more people come forward. IMO this auditing should be done here because stakeholder accounts are bitcointalk accounts and they may be required to provide explanation etc.

If I am not qualified because I am not an original stakeholder, that is fine too but I did buy 2+ stakes in AE exchange. If someone has a secret method, feel free to pm but all auditing should be done in public in a clear transparent manner.

il help with this, il have a look through the stake holder list and at some accounts and just browse around and try and think of ways to find socks. no issue with you not being an original stake holder, original stake holders dont have any "higher status" over new stake holders imo. i think we should open a private trello board for discussing the method to be used. we dont want every sock in the drawer knowing our new tricks, Wink

i have one idea already that might help but if i say it here, it makes it ineffective lol

I created a poll and an auditing discussion thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=682860.msg7745346#msg7745346 so this thread can focus on important updates and other topics.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:39:06 AM

Everyone: I just want to point out that there some preliminary documentation on the NIS api here: http://wiki.nemcoin.com/index.php?title=Nis_Api

It'd be great if people could start taking action and starting building stuff around the NEM core. Check out trello to see what is being worked on (and please join that trello board!): https://trello.com/b/9psFZ0aQ/nem-ecosystem

Great. Everyone is working on something. NEM will go far.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:43:49 AM

NEM's call for participation was unprecedented.  Much like NxT's IPO was unprecedented.  Before that ground was broke - the way to get coins previously was to buy from the exchanges and that didn't require having an account on Bitcointalk.  I was able to buy Bitcoin and all sorts of alternates without needing a BTT account.

Many of those one posters are not necessarily second accounts.  I myself used to be a lurker (as in someone who reads but does not log in to post) on Bitcointalk until I saw the NEM registration.  There's likely a lot of lurkers who created an account just for NEM but otherwise haven't posted.

Personally, if it wasn't for NEM's thread, I likely would still be lurking.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:16:30 AM

I propose:

il help with this, il have a look through the stake holder list and at some accounts and just browse around and try and think of ways to find socks. no issue with you not being an original stake holder, original stake holders dont have any "higher status" over new stake holders imo. i think we should open a private trello board for discussing the method to be used. we dont want every sock in the drawer knowing our new tricks, Wink

i have one idea already that might help but if i say it here, it makes it ineffective lol

I created a poll and an auditing discussion thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=682860.msg7745346#msg7745346 so this thread can focus on important updates and other topics.

Thanks for taking the initiative on this Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:41:46 AM

I propose:

As a holder of NEMstake you are qualified, and not being an original stakeholder is probably a good thing because you will be less biased. You can probably get a few people to help if you start on something. We already did taint analysis before, but UP was involved in that (though I am not sure to what extent, because Patmast3r and some other user (sorry I forget the name, can someone remind me?) took the lead on that). If the community can do an independent audit, that would be good I think, though it should take a lot of time. Compiling pop stats and adding post counts, etc, seems like a good first step.

People were allowed up to 2 stakes (1 per account), because of stakes for loved ones, etc. I think that is why a lot of accounts were created just for NEM and then never heard from again. Part of it is because some people came to NEM that were not regular crypto users, so they may not come to BTT.

I will start doing a more indepth analysis of the stakeholder list, I'll discuss it more over here: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2279.new#new

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
cupper5

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:37:36 AM

I propose:

As a holder of NEMstake you are qualified, and not being an original stakeholder is probably a good thing because you will be less biased. You can probably get a few people to help if you start on something. We already did taint analysis before, but UP was involved in that (though I am not sure to what extent, because Patmast3r and some other user (sorry I forget the name, can someone remind me?) took the lead on that). If the community can do an independent audit, that would be good I think, though it should take a lot of time. Compiling pop stats and adding post counts, etc, seems like a good first step.

I will start doing a more indepth analysis of the stakeholder list, I'll discuss it more over here: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2279.new#new

What are you guys doing?you are making too much of this and continuing the sock puppet debate because of what.6 measly accounts and a few socks on another coin?. That utopian future was more than happy with the stakeholder list. Your going to go through all this shit again?haven't you got better things to do...your just pissing folk off that's now spent half a year interested in this project.get a life. A final stakeholder list should be final in my opinion.and no I haven't got any NEM yet in case you ask. I just see it pissing off the community.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:43:07 AM

What are you guys doing?you are making too much of this and continuing the sock puppet debate because of what.6 measly accounts and a few socks on another coin?. That utopian future was more than happy with the stakeholder list. Your going to go through all this shit again?haven't you got better things to do...your just pissing folk off that's now spent half a year interested in this project.get a life. A final stakeholder list should be final in my opinion.and no I haven't got any NEM yet in case you ask. I just see it pissing off the community.
[/quote]

tbh I don't mind the community doing a little digging - in fact I welcome it - unless it starts to turn into a which hunt again.
Please don't consider any results from NODE until they have a final list.

Also if you think you found something plz don't go around and start spreading FUD. Let's calmly talk about it and solve issue instead of creating them.

cupper5

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:52:51 AM

tbh I don't mind the community doing a little digging - in fact I welcome it - unless it starts to turn into a which hunt again.

Also if you think you found something plz don't go around and start spreading FUD. Let's calmly talk about it and solve issue instead of creating them.
[/quote]

Exactly, this is going to start new issues that were not needed. I've watched this thread and saw it become so positive and now because some have nothing to do , all the old negatives are going to resurface. This is a bad move. Don't you guys ever take account of your own polls?.most members don't want second audit.
yidian

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:58:44 AM

Exactly, this is going to start new issues that were not needed. I've watched this thread and saw it become so positive and now because some have nothing to do , all the old negatives are going to resurface. This is a bad move. Don't you guys ever take account of your own polls?.most members don't want second audit.
[/quote]

Again and again? you guys are amazing. Can you do something really meaningful to really help the NEM?
cupper5

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:04:30 AM

Again and again? you guys are amazing. Can you do something really meaningful to really help the NEM?
[/quote]

Some guys are struggling to understand that everyone who is INTERESTED in NEM is HERE after 6 months .If they wanted to get a quick buck then they would have sold on NXT asset exchange.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 08:41:53 AM

I propose:

Yup, let's put words to actions. Argpentem?
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:02:56 AM

Some guys are struggling to understand that everyone who is INTERESTED in NEM is HERE after 6 months .If they wanted to get a quick buck then they would have sold on NXT asset exchange.

Agree  with that because asset exchange created pure hype at some point and thoe who had puppet acc went for quic buck they sol aready on top of hype to not risk later fail.
I belive in POS curencies i dint get any NXT becouse i just wanted support better distrybiuted coin like NEM,NODE,NFD2 and see what will happend.
If NXT were distributed like the coins i would buy NXT for sure.We will see in near future in volume if i am was right.

Same time i am long them BC supporter because of good distribution reasons.I am not for quik buck in all good development POS coins.
They need time to rise. Nem will be better alternative to NXT i believe with different POS structure POI.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:07:44 AM

I propose:

Collaborate with NODE, since node has a mandatory account creation they may have all the details regarding useragents/ip/browsers(version)/screensize and etc per registered user. I hope you'll catch heaps of puppets.  Wink
cupper5

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:33:18 AM

I propose:

Collaborate with NODE, since node has a mandatory account creation they may have all the details regarding useragents/ip/browsers(version)/screensize and etc per registered user. I hope you'll catch heaps of puppets.  Wink

What the fuck are you guys doing? It has been established that the NEM distribution is the best of all altcoins. You are fucking everything up and opening all sorts of problems.you find it easier to catch a so called sock than develop and market NEM properly.
Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:50:44 AM

What the fuck are you guys doing? It has been established that the NEM distribution is the best of all altcoins. You are fucking everything up and opening all sorts of problems.you find it easier to catch a so called sock than develop and market NEM properly.

The audit will not be done by DEVs. Will be done by community.

If you dont have anything to hide, dont fear it!

Wink

cupper5

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:55:56 AM

The audit will not be done by DEVs. Will be done by community.

If you dont have anything to hide, dont fear it!

Wink

Done by the community who post a lot. Not everyone posts. This should not be a reason to throw someone out.
Maybe it's certain people who post a lot under different names who are trying to redistribute stakes for their own benefit.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:19:08 AM

I propose:

Collaborate with NODE, since node has a mandatory account creation they may have all the details regarding useragents/ip/browsers(version)/screensize and etc per registered user. I hope you'll catch heaps of puppets.  Wink

I don't quite understand your stance against this.

Considering it's already come to light that some accounts may be sockpuppets, it's important for it to be investigated further just out of principle - provided it's not something thats taking up Dev time.

Frankly, if this goes by ignored, i'd wager it would come back to haunt NEM later down the road and would make perfect troll bait.
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:22:12 AM

I propose:

+ 4 BILLION NEM

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: