Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:31:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984074 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 08:01:21 PM

ELI5 - How is NEM different than other coins?  I'm ready to buy my stake!

One big difference is POI (Proof of Importance) as no other coin offers this. POI will try to alleviate some of the problems with POS where only the large account holders are able to generate any interest. With NXT for example, even if you had a million of them in your wallet you will barely forge anything. POI is totally new, a system where nodes are rewarded based on their "importance" to the network.

What is included in "importance"? running a node for xxx hours, days or making x transfers per day, etc?

it's not about HOW MANY transfers you make, but WHO are you making the transfers with, and WHAT are the amounts.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:13:08 PM

ELI5 - How is NEM different than other coins?  I'm ready to buy my stake!

One big difference is POI (Proof of Importance) as no other coin offers this. POI will try to alleviate some of the problems with POS where only the large account holders are able to generate any interest. With NXT for example, even if you had a million of them in your wallet you will barely forge anything. POI is totally new, a system where nodes are rewarded based on their "importance" to the network.

What is included in "importance"? running a node for xxx hours, days or making x transfers per day, etc?

it's not about HOW MANY transfers you make, but WHO are you making the transfers with, and WHAT are the amounts.

I'd like to know more, what is WHO and WHAT Smiley Or it is a secret for a while?
kraftmind

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:05:32 PM

I just had a look at page 1 and I found "proof of importance" kind of confusing. Could someone explain this concept?
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 09:43:12 PM

I'd like to know more, what is WHO and WHAT Smiley Or it is a secret for a while?

answer is sort of recursive, you need to make transactions with other important entities Smiley

to counter upcoming question:
"what if you would have 5 accounts that would send nems between them to boost their poi?"

it won't be possible to artificially boost PoI like that, due to vested balance and one other mechanism (that we'll keep secret for a while).

So let's assume we have 10 attackers, who would like to boost their score by sending txes to themselves.
The thing is they would actually lower it. And since PoI is sort of constant for network as a whole,
attackers would additionally boost a little PoI of everyone else Smiley

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:16:36 PM

answer is sort of recursive, you need to make transactions with other important entities Smiley

"what if you would have 5 accounts that would send nems between them to boost their poi?"

it won't be possible to artificially boost PoI like that, due to vested balance and one other mechanism (that we'll keep secret for a while).

So let's assume we have 10 attackers, who would like to boost their score by sending txes to themselves.
The thing is they would actually lower it. And since PoI is sort of constant for network as a whole,
haha that brilliant! Cool

I'm no expert but this sounds very clever and different. People are going to be happy with this development.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Kkot NEM

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:19:55 PM

http://s25.postimg.org/z95vme3in/NEM_Kkot_1.jpg

My friend is always talking about NEM so I made this picture.  I want to be NEM cheerleader.

This is great! Do you have a higher-res version somewhere?

Okay. I will send.
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:59:10 PM

Some good news will be coming up later. Wink
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:59:17 PM

My friend is always talking about NEM so I made this picture.  I want to be NEM cheerleader.

Okay. I will send.

Lefties rock!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:06:23 PM

Kudos to you guys, this is very good.

What about node uptime? Say, those of us who intend to run a client on rasberry pi - if it's continuously online and doesn't see hardly any disconnects (after all, electricity can go out, phonelines can go down, bad weather, etc) will this factor into its POI score?

Okay. I will send.

Lefties rock!

Thanks.
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:23:09 PM

NEM logo discussion:

http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2228.0

Coinsy

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:24:51 PM

This is actually absolutely genius. I'm a little biased as a stakeholder, but this could end up being the greatest technology in the history of Crypto. eMunie, PoS, even Peercoin had some unique elements to it but none of them focused on the growth of the network in the way that NEM is trying to do.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:11:29 AM

Adding an interactive NEM timeline to a page in our website would be a cool feature.
Timeline.js can be downloaded here http://timeline.knightlab.com/

TimelineJS tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAWbm4gF9lU

Look at some of the examples. http://timeline.knightlab.com/#examples

Great idea! I think we should add this to ournem.com. I'll add it to trello.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:53:16 AM

Not to be overlooked, this could be extremely helpful for initial NEM adoption.

I saw that and it looks VERY INTERESTING

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:00:07 AM

Is there still debate over the logo?

Here is a quick concept, nothing flash by all means, but simple!  Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:03:38 AM

Here is a quick concept, nothing flash by all means, but simple!  Cheesy

Are you sure you want to bring up the logo again? I saw this submission.......

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:03:55 AM

Head over to Trello and the NEM forum Wink
mamichula

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:06:34 AM

So when will Nem be launched?
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:07:27 AM

So when will Nem be launched?

Alpha has launched, just keep observing.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:10:46 AM

Please check out http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2228.15 for logo discussion Smiley

We really appreciate the effort. It is exciting to see people come forth with ideas!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
lstern

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:55:17 AM

http://s27.postimg.org/uiymmczlv/nem.jpg

Please check out http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2228.15 for logo discussion Smiley

We really appreciate the effort. It is exciting to see people come forth with ideas!

Are we migrating to the nemcoin forum ?
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: