Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:15:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984382 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:04:32 PM

you are 7 to 8 months in and don't have a logo man

Just because every person want something but everybody doesnt want the same thing...

as simple as that!! Im not so sure if I were clear!! anyway....  Grin

you know what, youre right.

So how do we fix this, it's killing us

We need a leader, we need to appoint someone. It has been said many times. With UP we were golden. We have no UP. No leader.

Does decentralization mean that there can't be a leader appointed?

so what exactly did Utopian do? I know he had some sockpuppets, did those puppets collect a token. Because we need him more than ever right about now.

Did he STEAL? That's what I want to know! Did he steal?
lexicon

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:08:27 PM

I admit I didn't see it was restricted to 1000 tokens to begin with, my apologies. I do find the small number of tokens a bit strange given the size of NEM's user-base though.

I have a few questions.

Why has issuance been suspended?
How many tokens have been issued?
How many were issued to the dev/marketing team?
You have said there is no ETA for token issuance to be resumed, but perhaps the community can receive a best guess?

No need to apologize.

1000 is a third of all stakes. We didn't anticipate a demand higher than that and so far it seems we were right. 408 tokens are still there to be transfered to stakeholders which means 592 have been transfered to stakeholders.
Issueance is being halted because of multiple fraud attempts (some successful as outlined in the newsletter and a dedicated thread) and we needed to come up with a more secure way to issue tokens.
0 tokens were issued to dev or marketing team. Since the marketing team has grown a lot lately I can't be 100% sure about that. Maybe a few of them did request tokens.
We are close to resuming (discussed on the last page) but are still ironing out the details. My personal guesstimate is next week or the week after that.

This is from the Token thread.

For one. this says it was discusssed on the last page. and yes technically if was mentioned, but I wouldn't call it discussed by any meaningful sense of the word.

I don't think this is fair the way this is being handled. And I'm about to tell you why.

a. It's not fair because some people were able to receive their token and others are NOT.

It was said that 1000 would be issued if 100 people asked. It's a LIE that it was a 1000 GUESS. The 1000 came from that fact that the other two 1000 parts were reserved for XCP and Mastercoin.

If 100 people ask for tokens on XCP or Mastercoin, well at least it was PROMISED that tokens would be issued on those platforms as well.

b. A SCAMMER should only be able to hurt the person they scammed.

They should NOT be given the power to hurt me too!!! This is what you are giving them.

Halting the tokens for a short period of time is fine. BUT IT HAS BEEN WEEKS!!! unless you are writing a damn program to issue these things, there has been plenty of time to figure out a way to give them to a real stakeholder!!!

All that happened is Pat got scammed by the oldest trick on BTT. (Pat I respect you for all the hard work you have put in and I dont' even know if you are paid, but either way you have held everything together, which NEM desparately needed with the UP situation, GREAT JOB, but I highly disagree with you here as you can clearly see)

All that  happened is the scammer made accounts that were close to the real stakeholders account name. That was it!!

This is very, very easy to fix. TRIPLE CHECK the name, and get on with it.

c. It is not fair if one stakeholder thinks that NEM has reached its peak value and can sell his stake and another can not. I'm not necessarily saying that NEM has peaked, but if one person or a group of lets say 408, or 100 or more people that wanted to sell now and wanted to use XCP or Mastercoin to do it, they should be able to because others were allowed to do it.

A WEEK OR TWO IS NOT ACCEPTABLE WHEN IT HAS ALREADY BEEN WEEKS TO FIX SUCH A AMATEUR PROBLEM!!!

This is a clear example of one of the things that is hurting the value of NEM, it takes A MONTH or more to fix simple things such as this!!!!

I would like a response to this

I keep checking my account every 30 min or so to see if you guys just stopped being nazis with the tokens. shhhhh

Here is for hope!!
lexicon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:18:18 PM

you are 7 to 8 months in and don't have a logo man

Just because every person want something but everybody doesnt want the same thing...

as simple as that!! Im not so sure if I were clear!! anyway....  Grin

you know what, youre right.

So how do we fix this, it's killing us

We need a leader, we need to appoint someone. It has been said many times. With UP we were golden. We have no UP. No leader.

Does decentralization mean that there can't be a leader appointed?

so what exactly did Utopian do? I know he had some sockpuppets, did those puppets collect a token. Because we need him more than ever right about now.

Did he STEAL? That's what I want to know! Did he steal?

Ya know, I couldn't tell you. I was ALL IN the first 30000 days or so, but kinda lost interest after at the 20000 or so mark. Wink

I know he had puppets, which is no big deal. Someone who has been keeping up the last say 5000 days let us know what happened with the UP situation. I'd like to know too.

edit: everyone knows that every real day is about 10 to 20 days in crypto, so I'm being pretty generous with my estimates.  Grin
lexicon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:34:27 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 10:46:36 PM by lexicon

Where the hell is everyone??

I haven't been around in awhile. I guess everyone else left too. WTF? I get it, I left too.

But wow, it's a damn ghost town around here. We need to do something about this.

Step 1 - leader

Step 2 - xtester needs to do all the stuff he was talking about when he was gunning for the position

Step 3 - get everyones email address, so we can keep up with those that get bored now and leave, once we solve to non-ability-to-make-a-decision-problem.

Step 4 - figure out a way to fix the "non-ability-to-make-a-decision-problem", oh yeah = find a leader

Step 5 - maybe PM all the old school members that took off? oh yeah, got to fix the "non-ability-to-make-a-decision-problem" first.

Step 6 - so were back to step one, then were golden.

You guys do realize that is what is the kink in the hose, and it is a kink in the hose. We got the hose, we got the water. NEM is THE DEAL!!

We just have to get the organization on track and like I said, that puts us at step one, then we have a "run around under the sprinkler party" because then NEM will have a logo, branding, and marketing, and then WAY more value!!! Were not gonna get this stuff with everyone pulling in a different direction, without someone there to say, OK, enough talk, we have most of you pulling "x" way, so all of you start pulling in "x" direction.

You do understand that this outlines the problem right now, right? It's not a tech problem, the tech is amazing. It the organization, and someone needs to lead it. Plus +1?
lexicon

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:36:48 PM

if it wasn't for patmast3r and the rest of the team. You wouldn't have nem. You wouldn't have stakes worth over 1000 dollars. Have some respect for the hard work and effort being put in by the team and stop acting like spoilt kids cos that's what you sound like. I assume you are a grown man/women so start acting like one.

Tell me, out of everyone currently complaining, how many of you have ever lifted a finger to help or ever stepped up and offered to help when it was needed? And based on that answer, what right does that give you to criticize the hard work of others, especially when the work of those you are criticising is making you richer? Would you sit on the couch all day everyday and criticize the method/speed at which your husband/wife washes the dishes after making you dinner while you do sweet f all.. I didn't think so..  

KODTYCOON the criticizing is needed.

NEM has issues and they need to be addressed my man. Don't get all emotional now, you have come up with almost every good idea we have had.

But changes need to be made if NEM is going to reach its full potential!!!!

Tell me your take on what I posted above?

Tell me what you would like me to work on, right now. I trade and mine full time. I make over "a lot" a week doing so, I have the time.

Tell me EXACTLY the task you would like me to handle
Sword555

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:56:12 PM

Where the hell is everyone??

I haven't been around in awhile. I guess everyone else left too. WTF? I get it, I left too.

But wow, it's a damn ghost town around here. We need to do something about this.

Step 1 - leader

Step 2 - xtester needs to do all the stuff he was talking about when he was gunning for the position

Step 3 - get everyones email address, so we can keep up with those that get bored now and leave, once we solve to non-ability-to-make-a-decision-problem.

Step 4 - figure out a way to fix the "non-ability-to-make-a-decision-problem", oh yeah = find a leader

Step 5 - maybe PM all the old school members that took off? oh yeah, got to fix the "non-ability-to-make-a-decision-problem" first.

Step 6 - so were back to step one, then were golden.

You guys do realize that is what is the kink in the hose, and it is a kink in the hose. We got the hose, we got the water. NEM is THE DEAL!!

We just have to get the organization on track and like I said, that puts us at step one, then we have a "run around under the sprinkler party" because then NEM will have a logo, branding, and marketing, and then WAY more value!!! Were not gonna get this stuff with everyone pulling in a different direction, without someone there to say, OK, enough talk, we have most of you pulling "x" way, so all of you start pulling in "x" direction.

You do understand that this outlines the problem right now, right? It's not a tech problem, the tech is amazing. It the organization, and someone needs to lead it. Plus +1?

+1000

They are trying to collect email addresses, and xtester is probably getting on by the looks of his last post.

But YES, I 100% agree on the plan!!
Sword555

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:01:31 PM

if it wasn't for patmast3r and the rest of the team. You wouldn't have nem. You wouldn't have stakes worth over 1000 dollars. Have some respect for the hard work and effort being put in by the team and stop acting like spoilt kids cos that's what you sound like. I assume you are a grown man/women so start acting like one.

Tell me, out of everyone currently complaining, how many of you have ever lifted a finger to help or ever stepped up and offered to help when it was needed? And based on that answer, what right does that give you to criticize the hard work of others, especially when the work of those you are criticising is making you richer? Would you sit on the couch all day everyday and criticize the method/speed at which your husband/wife washes the dishes after making you dinner while you do sweet f all.. I didn't think so..  

It goes BOTH way dude

There wouldn't be a NEM without everyone on the couch, and the wife doing dishes, and yes when there is still food on the dishes, I do say something, just like the wife says something when the account is overdrafted.

Critisium is needed
crackerhead

Activity: 252

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 11:47:42 PM

I can't believe I am going to type this, but:

Let's talk about the logo or something  Grin

http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2311

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
lexicon

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:48:44 AM

It goes BOTH way dude

There wouldn't be a NEM without everyone on the couch, and the wife doing dishes, and yes when there is still food on the dishes, I do say something, just like the wife says something when the account is overdrafted.

Critisium is needed
point taken.

It was the first post about what has/hasnt been done in 7 months I was for the most part referring to. Criticism if fine but that was border line offencive to those actually working to push nem forward.

In relation to getting a "leader" I think that's a non-issue. The main issue is with the issuance of stakes right? There's something holding that up for the mean time and if we move forward before that's fixed it will cause mass confusion so the delay is not caused by a lack of anyone being decisive so that also renders this "need of a leader" invalid as patmas3r and the team are doin a great job.

In relation to contacting people I can contact and have contacted everyone on the stakeholder list in a relatively short period of time so that's not an issue ether.

In relation to emails, iv gotten many back from stakeholders and some from non-original stake holders so also a non-issue.

Patmast3r doesn't see himself as the leader(afaik) and I actually agree with the ideology of a movement like this not having a designated leader. And if things go smoothly with out a designated leader why appoint one?

Getting people back on the threads will only happen when there's something to bring people back, and any one who has followed this thread should know there is somethingcoming that will do exactly that and more in the very not to distant future.

In all fairness, this stakes issue is the main and I think only issue causing any friction within nem, which imo we should be proud of if that's the biggest issue currently facing nem.

We are golden my dear boys.. Golden. Cool

I hear you, and I know you guys are trying, but what is being accomplished? I think things are very very very far from smooth.

We have been having a really hard time with organization. IMO, it has caused NEMs value to HALF easily. The actual product is just too good to only be worth what it is, even at alpha.

Yes, I know most coins aren't worth shit pre-launch and that is a great thing, but with NEM taking things to another whole level, POW>POS>POI, it should be worth way more, pre-launch or not.

It's simple if you ask me, its a cluster fuck around here. FLAT OUT. And it in NOT because of the trolls. It's many people who REALLY care about NEM having a difference of opinion. That is the issue.

Think about it. Before, when things started to get out of hand, UP would step in and say, "x" many people want this, they are in the majority and "this is how it will be done" and no one, or at least, very very few would challenge him. The cluster fuck would be gone. On to the next step we went. We had a clear leader, and that was one of NEMs clear strengths and people even would mention it regularly.

I'm the one pissed you guys are dragging your feet and don't seem to have any urgency to get the token problem solved (ie a week or two), I liked your "tonight or tommorrow".

This also should not be a big secret as to why there is a delay. You have received your regular stakeholder token KOD, I didn't. I shouldn't have to buy one. I have my money wrapped up in coins that are sure, IMO to go up, and selling them now would be dumb as hell. And it's the point, I've been more that patient, and with all the confusion bringing down NEM right now, Im not looking to buy more when it's high, I want to SELL when it's high and buy when it's low. That's how I make my money. And until we launch, and get a leader and things are not such a cluster fuck, the value will continue to go down. Even Gimre, he said himself that 15,000 is where it should be. I think he's right, and I want to sell now, throw in a couple bucks, and have two before launch. And you guys are twiddling your thumbs when it comes to the tokens. There is this BIG secret holding back the decision, which makes me more worried. So you see why I'm   a. pissed about the tokens, and   b. Think that we need a solid leader. They are both connected, but also separate as well. Because the lack of leadership is hurting NEM in other ways.

The fact you can't see this baffles me. You ARE working hard. But with the lack of direction, hard work can be pointless and wasteful. Working hard at going in circles, what does that accomplish? KOD you are busting your ass distributing the newsletter among other things, so I see the fruits of you labor.

It is good that you are on top of keeping the "old" and "new" members together. But we don't have a logo, branding, or marketing.

With a leader these things would have been handled and we wouldn't be month behind on a marketing campaign. And if you tell me were not months behind, youre just nuts, or have no marketing experience whatsoever. We are behind. We are all over the place, and NEMs value will go down before it goes up IMO. But you blocking me for selling and IT IS NOT FAIR, and you are being secretive about it which is bullshit.

I respect you guys but you are dropping to ball to much to get to the red zone, and we need a touchdown!!!
Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:53:09 AM

I think even we get an leader, always will have a point to be worked on.

There are people whith more sense of  "organized team work"... but I think there are a really great working been done by devs.

Even community is working on some themes as spread Nem's name.

Dont you have faith?  Grin

Just because logo isnt choosen yet, doesnt mean community is an fully unorganized place...

At this momment the logo is less important than a working alpha, as example.

And for me the logo will be chosen as Makoto's Tomoe. Thats it...

Dont you want this to happen?? Vote here --> http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2311.msg3600#msg3600

And be happy  Grin and buy more stakes... take a look on my sign

I love you guys. We are making history here!!!

/clap to all those working to move nem foward!!

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 02:42:29 AM

It goes BOTH way dude

Critisium is needed
point taken.

It was the first post about what has/hasnt been done in 7 months I was for the most part referring to. Criticism if fine but that was border line offencive to those actually working to push nem forward.

In relation to getting a "leader" I think that's a non-issue. The main issue is with the issuance of stakes right? There's something holding that up for the mean time and if we move forward before that's fixed it will cause mass confusion so the delay is not caused by a lack of anyone being decisive so that also renders this "need of a leader" invalid as patmas3r and the team are doin a great job.

In relation to contacting people I can contact and have contacted everyone on the stakeholder list in a relatively short period of time so that's not an issue ether.

In relation to emails, iv gotten many back from stakeholders and some from non-original stake holders so also a non-issue.

Patmast3r doesn't see himself as the leader(afaik) and I actually agree with the ideology of a movement like this not having a designated leader. And if things go smoothly with out a designated leader why appoint one?

Getting people back on the threads will only happen when there's something to bring people back, and any one who has followed this thread should know there is somethingcoming that will do exactly that and more in the very not to distant future.

In all fairness, this stakes issue is the main and I think only issue causing any friction within nem, which imo we should be proud of if that's the biggest issue currently facing nem.

I hear you, and I know you guys are trying, but what is being accomplished? I think things are very very very far from smooth.

We have been having a really hard time with organization. IMO, it has caused NEMs value to HALF easily. The actual product is just too good to only be worth what it is, even at alpha.

Yes, I know most coins aren't worth shit pre-launch and that is a great thing, but with NEM taking things to another whole level, POW>POS>POI, it should be worth way more, pre-launch or not.

It's simple if you ask me, its a cluster fuck around here. FLAT OUT. And it in NOT because of the trolls. It's many people who REALLY care about NEM having a difference of opinion. That is the issue.

Think about it. Before, when things started to get out of hand, UP would step in and say, "x" many people want this, they are in the majority and "this is how it will be done" and no one, or at least, very very few would challenge him. The cluster fuck would be gone. On to the next step we went. We had a clear leader, and that was one of NEMs clear strengths and people even would mention it regularly.

I'm the one pissed you guys are dragging your feet and don't seem to have any urgency to get the token problem solved (ie a week or two), I liked your "tonight or tommorrow".

This also should not be a big secret as to why there is a delay. You have received your regular stakeholder token KOD, I didn't. I shouldn't have to buy one. I have my money wrapped up in coins that are sure, IMO to go up, and selling them now would be dumb as hell. And it's the point, I've been more that patient, and with all the confusion bringing down NEM right now, Im not looking to buy more when it's high, I want to SELL when it's high and buy when it's low. That's how I make my money. And until we launch, and get a leader and things are not such a cluster fuck, the value will continue to go down. Even Gimre, he said himself that 15,000 is where it should be. I think he's right, and I want to sell now, throw in a couple bucks, and have two before launch. And you guys are twiddling your thumbs when it comes to the tokens. There is this BIG secret holding back the decision, which makes me more worried. So you see why I'm   a. pissed about the tokens, and   b. Think that we need a solid leader. They are both connected, but also separate as well. Because the lack of leadership is hurting NEM in other ways.

The fact you can't see this baffles me. You ARE working hard. But with the lack of direction, hard work can be pointless and wasteful. Working hard at going in circles, what does that accomplish? KOD you are busting your ass distributing the newsletter among other things, so I see the fruits of you labor.

It is good that you are on top of keeping the "old" and "new" members together. But we don't have a logo, branding, or marketing.

With a leader these things would have been handled and we wouldn't be month behind on a marketing campaign. And if you tell me were not months behind, youre just nuts, or have no marketing experience whatsoever. We are behind. We are all over the place, and NEMs value will go down before it goes up IMO. But you blocking me for selling and IT IS NOT FAIR, and you are being secretive about it which is bullshit.

I respect you guys but you are dropping to ball to much to get to the red zone, and we need a touchdown!!!

A lot of us are busy doing dev work and preparing to launch new features.

If you want someone to lead NEM, then step up and lead. Everyone has an equal opportunity to make a difference. If you think something should be done, then do it, or work together with those who can accomplish it and make it happen. If things don't happen, it is not the fault of the people who are actually doing work on the project.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:02:13 AM

We are NEW economic movement, we don't need an old style cathedral like organization, we need to develop our own bazaar like organization.

We don't need leaders who tell us what to do, we need small working groups that organize their own work.

If things are not done we need more people to do them
editor499

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:24:18 AM

I was always here, just keep watching!  Smiley
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:08:53 AM

Here is our forum http://forum.nemcoin.com/  it even has a chatbox to share ideas in real time.
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:18:20 AM

It goes BOTH way dude

Critisium is needed
point taken.

I think kodtycoon makes a good point here.
xtester

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:01:41 AM

It goes BOTH way dude

Critisium is needed
point taken.

Again, thank you for expressing you concerns.

As kodtycoon, rightly pointed out, the main issue causing friction is the token problem. We are already on that and as I said before, hope to bring some good news pretty soon.

I think for all the other stuff it's quite hard to see things while they are privately discussed and organized, but you will soon find out that most of them have been already taken care of. If your criticism would have come to a previous point in time, maybe it would have been right on target, however, to be honest, we have already begun moving in the right direction. Logo is almost done. We have put a lot of energy in that since this will be the image of NEM. As soon as we have the official logo ready, our designer will start working on a NEM branding concept similar to this one: http://www.nxtcommunity.org/Nxt-Style-Guide.pdf. In the meantime, with the marketing team we are at work preparing the channels through which communication should spread once our logo and branding are in place. Additionally we are also preparing some interesting and interactive things for the community to get involved with once our new Alpha Build is out.

That being said, I think you may be exaggerating the value of NEM dropping. Although I do not necessarily agree with him, Gimre's point was on what the value of NEM should be, since he thought it was a bit overpriced for an Alpha product. So, although there is a great deal of work done on NEM, you have to understand we are only in Alpha. As we will approach Beta and things will progress both on the dev and marketing side, it's more likely that the value of NEM will increase and not decrease. In fact when people will understand that NEM has gone through some major organizational changes and not only survived, but reorganized in time, took responsibility of things and moved forward as if nothing happened, they will see that the value of NEM does not lay in a minor issue(which needs to be solved nevertheless, I agree) but rather in a lot of big and important things. One year from now, when you'll look back you will probably not even remember problems like this, but rather how good of a product we have launched, how well we have managed to market and spread the word about it and how thoughtful and supportive our community was during all this time. This is are the important things, and this are the things we are working on.

Anyway, it's good to be hearing opinions and we should do well do discuss things when problems arise. Once what we have been working on is out, I suspect you will see a solution to most of your concerns.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:10:42 AM

For one. this says it was discusssed on the last page. and yes technically if was mentioned, but I wouldn't call it discussed by any meaningful sense of the word.

I don't think this is fair the way this is being handled. And I'm about to tell you why.

a. It's not fair because some people were able to receive their token and others are NOT.
This was alwas going to be the case as we only issued 1000 tokens and there are 3000 people on the list. Do the math.

It was said that 1000 would be issued if 100 people asked. It's a LIE that it was a 1000 GUESS. The 1000 came from that fact that the other two 1000 parts were reserved for XCP and Mastercoin.

If 100 people ask for tokens on XCP or Mastercoin, well at least it was PROMISED that tokens would be issued on those platforms as well.
Don't even know what the hell that is supposed to mean.

b. A SCAMMER should only be able to hurt the person they scammed.

They should NOT be given the power to hurt me too!!! This is what you are giving them.

True. Please go on an do tell me how you've been "hurt".

Halting the tokens for a short period of time is fine. BUT IT HAS BEEN WEEKS!!! unless you are writing a damn program to issue these things, there has been plenty of time to figure out a way to give them to a real stakeholder!!!

All that happened is Pat got scammed by the oldest trick on BTT. (Pat I respect you for all the hard work you have put in and I dont' even know if you are paid, but either way you have held everything together, which NEM desparately needed with the UP situation, GREAT JOB, but I highly disagree with you here as you can clearly see)

All that  happened is the scammer made accounts that were close to the real stakeholders account name. That was it!!

This is very, very easy to fix. TRIPLE CHECK the name, and get on with it.

c. It is not fair if one stakeholder thinks that NEM has reached its peak value and can sell his stake and another can not. I'm not necessarily saying that NEM has peaked, but if one person or a group of lets say 408, or 100 or more people that wanted to sell now and wanted to use XCP or Mastercoin to do it, they should be able to because others were allowed to do it.

A WEEK OR TWO IS NOT ACCEPTABLE WHEN IT HAS ALREADY BEEN WEEKS TO FIX SUCH A AMATEUR PROBLEM!!!

Not trying to justify not going to say what it was more than that because....why even bother.

This is a clear example of one of the things that is hurting the value of NEM, it takes A MONTH or more to fix simple things such as this!!!!

Do you mean the way you are acting right now is a clear example of things that are hurting the value of NEM ? I agree.

Yes it wen't from 30k to 26k NXT. You are right that's clearly half. My got I'm so shocked right now  Roll Eyes If you don't understand how coinmarketcap works then just don't look at it.

Yeah, someone that can't understand NXT and USD value and doesn't see how that's different is clearly in the position to predict the free market.

When we posted that we really thought it was tonight or tomorrow. But get guess what - something came up. The core team did not agree with the way we proposed to go forward and that's why we didn't do it in the end.

This also should not be a big secret as to why there is a delay.

It's fucking not. We're discussing ways on how to make it better. We've been saying that from fucking day 1.

Even Gimre, he said himself that 15,000 is where it should be.

Oh all of a sudden the price is too hight ? I thuogh it was to low "prelaunch or not" ?

I thought i was already pretty pissed but when I read this i though i'd crack open any moment.

We have gained more direction latley then we ever had at any given point in time. xtester has done a great job on finally getting marketing on the road. There is so much happening there that we probably wouldn't have been able to pull off without him.

And dropping the ball ? Dropping the fucking ball ?

The dev team is working everyday some of them full time by now to fix issues you report during the alpha. (btw. have you testest yet ? Given any feedback ? Yeah, thx for being so contructive and helpfull) Also they are trying to get NCC ready to be open sourced which will hopefull bring in more developers and speed up bug fixing.
The marketing team is writing up material for press releases contacting people that are established in the scene...marketing stuff Wink. Also there have been newsletters sent out now to all stakeholder via pm. If you didn't get yours pls post here as that must be an issue with the sending process.
Some of us are thinking about how we can make our AE more than just the avg. AE even more than AE + MGW. We are lucky to have rockethead with us now who seems to be a very experienced business fella Smiley
Makoto and bloody are working on making POI faster and advancing it.  

And now tell me - Is any of that more important that you being issued your asset ?
You have put in about 20 USD and are making a fuzz like we were risking you loosing your house.

Now to the last part i want to address.

I have never tried to be the new leader. Noone every said I was the new leader. Some people percieved it that way because I was very active in the thread and answering peoples questions or at least trying as much as I can.
UP going was a big bump in the road but I don't think we lack direction. To me it feels that more things are happening and we are going forward clearer then ever. But I can see how that may no have reached this forum as many things are happening on trello (which is what we are trying to compensate with the newsletter. )

I'm pretty sure UP reads this so if he feels like coming back - we never wanted him to go.

I have been more aggressive lately and I'm sorry about that. The truth is i do have a temper but i could post PMs I received that would get makotos blood pumping that is the smoothest fella i think I've ever met.

If I'm so fucking bad for NEM then I'll simply seize to be active on this forum. If that is what the community wants then by all means. It would save me time and probably extend my life about a decade. And I don't have to be the one issueing assets. I don't want to be the one issueing assets. All I get for it is shit from the likes of lexicon and others trying to scam asseets out of me.

It's days like this where i have to ask myself if our community is really that great or if 2900 of them are socks and unappreciating "investors" that don't give a flying fart about NEM.

cheers

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:18:03 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 06:35:40 AM by TaunSew

We've mentioned free celebrity stakes in the past.   I have one celebrity I would nominate if he was willing to accept it.  He may also be a potential merchant.

http://blowmeuptom.com/

Tom Leykis hosts the largest online-radio talkshow and has had 5 million listeners (through tunein) in 2014, his main listening demographic being young men between ages 18 to 40 (which is pretty much crypto demographics in a nutshell).

He has a segment called money monday (and occasionally talks about money on Friday) and has had mentioned Bitcoin many times but has been hostile to it.  He's actually a very approachable person and I don't think his hostility towards Bitcoin necessarily excludes alternates (or a free celebrity stake and he has a pretty wide audience).

I could attempt to handle this myself but I'ld need permission that a celebrity stake can be assigned to him.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
xtester

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:31:07 AM

We've mentioned free celebrity stakes in the past.  I have one celebrity I would nominate if he was willing to accept it.  He may also be a potential merchant.

http://blowmeuptom.com/

Tom Leykis hosts the largest online-radio talkshow and has had 5 million listeners (through tunein) in 2014, his main listening demographic being young men between ages 18 to 40 (which is pretty much crypto demographics in a nutshell).  He has a segment called money monday (and occasionally talks about money on Friday) and has had mentioned Bitcoin many times but has been hostile to it.  He's actually a very approachable person and I don't think his hostility towards Bitcoin necessarily excludes alternates (or a free celebrity stake and he has a pretty wide audience).

I could attempt to handle this myself but I'ld need permission that a celebrity stake can be assigned to him.

Great. We have created a "secret" list for that and will be adding high profile individuals as we move along.

Will add this guys as well.

@all Please continue to nominate people who could have a high impact in helping us so we can add them on the list.
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:43:21 AM

Guys,guys, guys.......ive been here from the start and I dont see any difference in the pace of things being done,before or after UP. This is a big project and things do take time.

Unfortunately Lexicon has a point with AE.

But......

Look at the price gains in Nem already...24 fold at least?

Look how the devs and other influencial guys rallied together when UP left.

Look at how motivated the main guys are.

Look at the potential after launch, remember theres more than 2500 members. Things will go crazy then, and you'll look back and wonder what you were worrying about.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: