Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:51:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984117 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lexicon

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:18:56 PM

Well,

It's sunday at 7pm

Let's keep our promise and get these tokens sent out today.

I can't think of a more positive thing to happen than to keep that promise and get this behind us.

More than 10 people have commented and supported me in my plan to get this back underway. It makes us look bad that a scam has held us back this long. Let's get this checked off the list.

Today is the day. So let's deliever!!!

BIG POSITIVE STEP

Also, is the Nem Forum fixed? Is everybody able to vote now without using TOR?

Can we make that announcement?

Getting problems fixed in a timely manner is VERY, VERY important to the value of a coin!!!

you make it sound like these are catastrophic failures, when in reality they are minor issues.. take exo for example.. if they're only issues were the ones we are facing.. they would be delighted. its all relative.. these issues seem much bigger than they are.. cos we dont have any major issues.. if the alpha wasnt functioning properly or not at all.. would you give a crap about a delay of nem stake issuance.. look at these issues from the right persective and they arent issues at all...

What is small to you is BIG to others

You are already active on the asset exchange. Imagine if I locked you out, would that be a big deal? it's just an example.

What are "catastrophic failures" are small issues that are unable to be fixed quickly!!!!

Also,

I think someone unable to vote and JOIN our forum is NOT "minor issue"

You disappoint me greatly, and impress be greatly in the space of ten minutes.

You make an AMAZING POST, followed by a horrible post!!!

Come on KODTYCOON!! You have to see this!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:20:17 PM

Well,

It's sunday at 7pm

I can't think of a more positive thing to happen than to keep that promise and get this behind us.

More than 10 people have commented and supported me in my plan to get this back underway. It makes us look bad that a scam has held us back this long. Let's get this checked off the list.

BIG POSITIVE STEP

Getting problems fixed in a timely manner is VERY, VERY important to the value of a coin!!!

Hi lexicon,

This was the last update from Pat on the matter:

IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO REQUEST TOKENS VIA PM. TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR EVERYONE TO LOOK AT REQUESTS AND THEREFORE HAVE THE PUBLIC AUDIT THE REQUESTS AS WELL WE WILL HAVE A DEDICATED THREAD FOR REQUESTS. THIS IS ANOTHER MEASSURE AGAINST SCAMS!

WE'LL CREATE THE THREAD WHEN I HAVE DISCUSSED THE DETAILES WITH XTESTER.

Sorry for the confusion but I wasn't around when the decision to issue again was made so I'll have to catch up with the team first.

To speed up the solution I am now discussing a quicker way for the assets with Pat - just waiting for him to come online again and respond to my PM.

Will hopefully update on that later.

As for the forum, the issue should be solved for now.

We will however be implementing a more stable solution tomorrow.

If any other forum problems should arise please post here or PM me with the info.

Thanks.

lexicon

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:26:06 PM

Alright everyone!!!

The issue with the login at the Nem Forum is fixed!!!

GO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE LOGO!!
kalextospincir

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:36:45 PM

There should be a handout created for NEM targeted for people completely new to digital currencies. It should be brochure like, easy for anyone to print out. Make it as simple as possible, explain the idea of digital currencies as a whole and then what approach NEM is taking. People involved in the swarm team could print these off and post them locally on bulletins or hand them out by hand on streets, campuses, local events.

Going further, we could put a message inside some of the brochure offering free X amount of NEM (we could include what market value this would be in $) for anyone potentially interested in getting involved with the project. We could make the brochures unique by serial numbers and have them redeem them after creating an account on the Nem forums.

Does this seem like a realistic marketing idea?
lexicon

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:42:20 PM

Well,

It's sunday at 7pm

BIG POSITIVE STEP

Hi lexicon,

This was the last update from Pat on the matter:

IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO REQUEST TOKENS VIA PM. TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR EVERYONE TO LOOK AT REQUESTS AND THEREFORE HAVE THE PUBLIC AUDIT THE REQUESTS AS WELL WE WILL HAVE A DEDICATED THREAD FOR REQUESTS. THIS IS ANOTHER MEASSURE AGAINST SCAMS!

WE'LL CREATE THE THREAD WHEN I HAVE DISCUSSED THE DETAILES WITH XTESTER.

Sorry for the confusion but I wasn't around when the decision to issue again was made so I'll have to catch up with the team first.

To speed up the solution I am now discussing a quicker way for the assets with Pat - just waiting for him to come online again and respond to my PM.

Will hopefully update on that later.

As for the forum, the issue should be solved for now.

We will however be implementing a more stable solution tomorrow.

If any other forum problems should arise please post here or PM me with the info.

Thanks.

THANKS XTESTER, GREAT JOB!!

THINGS ARE STARTING TO GET UNCLOGGED HERE. THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:42:41 PM

There should be a handout created for NEM targeted for people completely new to digital currencies. It should be brochure like, easy for anyone to print out. Make it as simple as possible, explain the idea of digital currencies as a whole and then what approach NEM is taking. People involved in the swarm team could print these off and post them locally on bulletins or hand them out by hand on streets, campuses, local events.

Going further, we could put a message inside some of the brochure offering free X amount of NEM (we could include what market value this would be in $) for anyone potentially interested in getting involved with the project. We could make the brochures unique by serial numbers and have them redeem them after creating an account on the Nem forums.

No.  Bitcoin itself is only used by a million people around the world.  Getting people to use crypto currencies is an education campaign and a simple brochure (even with measly freebies attached - which I don't like) would have a very low effectiveness rate.

I've seen the marketing strategies used by Litecoin and Dogecoin.  Back in 2013 they were spamming on large internet forums like Bodybuilding but it wasn't an education campaign "why you should use cryptos" but more like "hear about dat Bitcoin chyieet?  Well throw money at Litecoin and make $$$$"

However unethical it was for LTC / Doge people to pass off their coin as a money flipping opportunity, I don't think anyone on their forum ever writes: "hey guys, remember in 2013 when you were passing off money flipping opportunities to random people on the internet?".

That method they used was effective in the sense that Doge was able to hit $60 million and LTC is still the Prince to BTC and I was around (albeit not registered on BTT at the time) to see its' raise.  Ironically it was those LTC money flipping threads on websites like Bodybuilding that made me lurk on Bitcointalk.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
lexicon

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:45:27 PM

No.  Bitcoin itself is only used by a million people around the world.  Getting people to use crypto currencies is an education campaign and a simple brochure (even with measly freebies attached - which I don't like) would have a very low effectiveness rate.

I've seen the marketing strategies used by Litecoin and Dogecoin.  Back in 2013 they were spamming on large internet forums like Bodybuilding but it wasn't an education campaign "why you should use cryptos" but more like "hear about dat Bitcoin chyieet?  Well throw money at Litecoin and make $$$$"

However unethical it was for LTC / Doge people to pass off their coin as a money flipping opportunity, I don't think anyone on their forum ever writes: "hey guys, remember in 2013 when you were passing off money flipping opportunities to random people on the internet?".

It's not an end all be all, but would definitely help, I don't see a problem with it!!!
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:47:24 PM

Litecoin is used in Bitfinex as a financial instrument. Very big advantage. There is always a possibility that Litecoin being included in Coinbase thanks to Charlie's connection.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
TaunSew

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:48:56 PM

Litecoin is used in Bitfinex as a financial instrument. Very big advantage. There is always a possibility that Litecoin being included in Coinbase thanks to Charlie's connection.

Hmm I wasn't referring to now.  I was there when Litecoin was only a measly $3 dollars.  Its' growth in such a short period was phenomenal.  It was largely pumped by the masses who missed out on Bitcoin's climb to $1250.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:56:27 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 09:08:46 PM by xtester

That method they used was effective in the sense that Doge was able to hit $60 million and LTC is still the Prince to BTC and I was around (albeit not registered on BTT at the time) to see its' raise.  Ironically it was those LTC money flipping threads on websites like Bodybuilding that made me lurk on Bitcointalk.

While there is something to be said about doge and litecoin, I think the major factors(as in 80/20 principle) which brought them up did not include them spamming the forums. Notice I am not discussing the value of spamming forums, just pointing out that it's highly probable that other factors were responsible for what happened. A good example for that would be Woolong for Dogecoin; you can read this for more info: http://cryptofrenzy.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/god.pdf

The market seems to behave more counter-intuitively and even randomly than most people think.
lexicon

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:16:29 PM

Well,

It's sunday at 7pm

BIG POSITIVE STEP

you make it sound like these are catastrophic failures, when in reality they are minor issues.. take exo for example.. if they're only issues were the ones we are facing.. they would be delighted. its all relative.. these issues seem much bigger than they are.. cos we dont have any major issues.. if the alpha wasnt functioning properly or not at all.. would you give a crap about a delay of nem stake issuance.. look at these issues from the right persective and they arent issues at all...

What is small to you is BIG to others

You are already active on the asset exchange. Imagine if I locked you out, would that be a big deal? it's just an example.

What are "catastrophic failures" are small issues that are unable to be fixed quickly!!!!

Also,

I think someone unable to vote and JOIN our forum is NOT "minor issue"

You disappoint me greatly, and impress be greatly in the space of ten minutes.

You make an AMAZING POST, followed by a horrible post!!!

Come on KODTYCOON!! You have to see this!!!!

all im saying is that "how bad" these issues are, is all relative. if the alpha was broken entirely.. you wouldnt give two hoots about the forum or a delay in stakes.

think of it this way.. two people, one wealthy, food always on the table nothing ever goes wrong for him, never had a worry in the world growing up etc spoilt rotten basically.. the other was dragged up, bad parents, hardly ever food in the house and has to fight for everything in life and generally has a shit life.. one day they both find out that they cant go to somewhere they want to go for what ever reason.. the rich one kicks up holy hell how ever the broke one, down on luck one brushes it off and forgets about it pretty much straight away.. why? cos the problem they face is entirely relative to everything thing else going on at the time. to the rich guy its a huge problem, cos relative to the very few problems he has its a big big problem and seems bigger to him cos nothing bad ever happens to him. where as the down on luck guy.. well hes used to bad shit happening.. not being able to go somewhere he wants to go is inconsequential when he doesnt no where his food is guna come from in 2 days, so relative to his problems, its nothing.

my point is, the same problem can be ether a huge problem or a small one, it all depends on what reference point you look at the problem from. do you look at it from the rich guys angle cos you havnt got any other problems(thats nem right now) or do you look at it from the poor guys angle?(thats the likes of exo having major technical problems). its all relative, and if you can flex your neck and look at it from the other guys perspective.. we got it real good.

if we have some major major problem with the tech and it starts looking like nem wont launch... then we will be looking at it from the poor guys perspective and everyone will then see how good we really had it and how small of an issue not being able to vote or a delay in stake issuance really is. its all relative. its all perspective.

if the devs didnt agree to put nem on the AE. you wouldnt have an AE stake to claim.. nemsters are spoilt rotten in my opinion(no offence intended, you cant blame the child for being spoilt). haha

Maybe I just didn't get the whole point, my apologies. I get it with the clarification. But the minor issues are what kill you, don't ever forget that.

But it's ALWAYS the little things that get you. It's always all in the details. If little things are ignored, they pile up and the perception will kill you. Small things have to be attended to quickly, and put out of the way.

When the big things hit, not only are you used to dealing with issues quickly, but you don't have all these small things hanging around making things worse.

And small things add up.

Example: what if the register issue at the forum was the start of some major failure, that if looked into right away would have been noticed.

Yes, NEM is doing well, but we HAVE to stay on top of the details. This is a VERY important thing you will learn with management experience.

Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:20:28 PM

maybe your post proves all this.
You just took one post and made your conclusions. And the result is wrong. (Maybe the same has happened with many issues)
If you would have read my earlier posts couple pages ago, you could have noticed that I wrote about these things as early as in March.
It is difficult to be happy with these circumstances.

Im sorry, but, certainly I'll not remember some or one post from march.

Probably most of us here will not remember. I dont remember what I eat at Friday  Shocked.

If your idea is really good, just dont give up. Tell it more than one time.

Grin

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:57:44 PM

maybe your post proves all this.
You just took one post and made your conclusions. And the result is wrong. (Maybe the same has happened with many issues)
If you would have read my earlier posts couple pages ago, you could have noticed that I wrote about these things as early as in March.
It is difficult to be happy with these circumstances.

Im sorry, but, certainly I'll not remember some or one post from march.

Probably most of us here will not remember. I dont remember what I eat at Friday  Shocked.

If your idea is really good, just dont give up. Tell it more than one time.

Grin

eh ...
the posts in page 160 contains the quotes in question.

If the idea is "obvious" and "generally used", but no one in the community comments it, then it means that they think
a) "it's obvious and ofcourse we will consider it" or
b) "it sucks, it's not worth of trying, we know better, do not come here to give advices to us".

Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:00:07 PM

Played around with a logo a while back never got around to posting,

Bitrated user: Mick.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:06:27 PM

Besides PoI and the relatively good distribution, what else makes NEM stand out? I need a better understanding to defend against naysayers.

A list in easy to understand format would be very helpful.
TaunSew

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:26:18 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 11:45:41 PM by TaunSew

Besides PoI and the relatively good distribution, what else makes NEM stand out? I need a better understanding to defend against naysayers.

A list in easy to understand format would be very helpful.

Who is to say we cannot use the innovative rhetoric?  There are things NEM does which is better than NXT and other 2.0 coins, never mind the 1.0 coins.  There's no trademark on being innovative and the definition is open, I've seen generation 1.5 coins use the innovative rhetoric with success.

You have to recall that there's a bigger world out there than just NXT bagholders. .  

NEM as far as I know is the more secured wallet out there.  Wallet.Dat plus the Login, Password and Encryption.  This is compared to something like NXT which is a brainwallet and someone's password can be gained through bruteforcing or a keylog / virus / trojan.  There's always been huge and minor thefts in NXT.   Then 1.0 coins tend to just be the wallet.dat.  Even some generation 2.0 coins are wallet.dat

contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:05:19 AM

they gonna miss again.

a dud..

where are the tokens

what is so hard. so easy. how can they do anything that is hard Huh

having real hard time believeing

what is it that you see lexicon. no wonder you make money you see thru walls
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:14:48 AM

A very-in-depth review of NEM now on Coins Source. (We did not score NEM due to being in Alpha still, but we did put up some suggestions)

http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/new-economy-movement-nem/
lexicon

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:26:20 AM

A very-in-depth review of NEM now on Coins Source. (We did not score NEM due to being in Alpha still, but we did put up some suggestions)

http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/new-economy-movement-nem/

What the hell are they talking about with "one-to-one clone of Nxt"?
TaunSew

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:27:18 AM

Innovations - NEM is a one-to-one clone of Nxt, but they seek to differentiate themselves by offering vast improvements to Nxt’s framework

The details on this should be clarified.  I haven't taken an in-depth look at the code myself but I was under the impression that NEM wasn't an one-to-one clone.  The language suggests that they took NXT and just swapped out the POS for POI, which to my understanding that wasn't the case at all.  The NXT source code that was released back in early 2014 (which was of terrible quality) convinced coins like NEM and NODE to write new code.  Even the NXT developers themselves had to patch up the code tons after February.

If NEM is an "one-to-one" clone of NXT then Bitcoin is an "one-to-one" clone of eGold.

Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: