Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:34:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lexicon

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:26:17 PM

I have mentioned this before, but I would like to go over it again.  

I think a really big problem with the adaption of crypto currencies is that they aren't easy and safe enough.  

The iphone came out in 2008 and bitcoin in 2009.  I teach at an expensive private university in a high tech area so my population stats are skewed, but I have 100% smartphone adaption, yet still most of my students don't know hardly anything about bitcoin, if they have even heard of it.  

Why?  Smartphones add a lot of value to my students' daily lives and bitcoin doesn't.  

I am completely convinced that the future of all crypto is in mobile.  

For a crypto like NEM to be successful, it needs to be so easy to use that my 85 year old grandmother can use it on her iphone, yet I can leave my smart phone in the hands of my 4 year old nephew so he can play games, take pics and watch movies on it while I work.  And I need to have no fear that when I come back in 2 hours to retrieve my phone that all my money won't be gone.  (Both of these circumstances apply to today's method of credit cards, as well as credit cards being able to be carried in your pocket easily and being able to be used online)

For NEM to be a big success, it needs to be super safe, super easy to use, able to fit in my pocket and be mobile (smart phone app), and be able to used easily on websites.

Yup, you're perfectly on point!!

One of the devs said the same thing not too far back!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 08:30:34 PM

I think a really big problem with the adaption of crypto currencies is that they aren't easy and safe enough.  

The iphone came out in 2008 and bitcoin in 2009.  I teach at an expensive private university in a high tech area so my population stats are skewed, but I have 100% smartphone adaption, yet still most of my students don't know hardly anything about bitcoin, if they have even heard of it.  

Why?  Smartphones add a lot of value to my students' daily lives and bitcoin doesn't.  

For a crypto like NEM to be successful, it needs to be so easy to use that my 85 year old grandmother can use it on her iphone, yet I can leave my smart phone in the hands of my 4 year old nephew so he can play games, take pics and watch movies on it while I work.  And I need to have no fear that when I come back in 2 hours to retrieve my phone that all my money won't be gone.  (Both of these circumstances apply to today's method of credit cards, as well as credit cards being able to be carried in your pocket easily and being able to be used online)

For NEM to be a big success, it needs to be super safe, super easy to use, able to fit in my pocket and be mobile (smart phone app), and be able to used easily on websites.

Yup, you're perfectly on point!!

One of the devs said the same thing not too far back!!!

That is really good news!

lexicon

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:34:30 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 09:20:30 PM by lexicon

There should be a handout created for NEM targeted for people completely new to digital currencies. It should be brochure like, easy for anyone to print out. Make it as simple as possible, explain the idea of digital currencies as a whole and then what approach NEM is taking. People involved in the swarm team could print these off and post them locally on bulletins or hand them out by hand on streets, campuses, local events.

Going further, we could put a message inside some of the brochure offering free X amount of NEM (we could include what market value this would be in $) for anyone potentially interested in getting involved with the project. We could make the brochures unique by serial numbers and have them redeem them after creating an account on the Nem forums.

Does this seem like a realistic marketing idea?

No.  Bitcoin itself is only used by a million people around the world.  Getting people to use crypto currencies is an education campaign and a simple brochure (even with measly freebies attached - which I don't like) would have a very low effectiveness rate.

I've seen the marketing strategies used by Litecoin and Dogecoin.  Back in 2013 they were spamming on large internet forums like Bodybuilding but it wasn't an education campaign "why you should use cryptos" but more like "hear about dat Bitcoin chyieet?  Well throw money at Litecoin and make $$$$"

However unethical it was for LTC / Doge people to pass off their coin as a money flipping opportunity, I don't think anyone on their forum ever writes: "hey guys, remember in 2013 when you were passing off money flipping opportunities to random people on the internet?".

That method they used was effective in the sense that Doge was able to hit $60 million and LTC is still the Prince to BTC and I was around (albeit not registered on BTT at the time) to see its' raise.  Ironically it was those LTC money flipping threads on websites like Bodybuilding that made me lurk on Bitcointalk.

People don't need handouts or brochures. People need simple and impossible to screw up mobile apps.

here it is

We do have an AMAZING DEVS!!!

The Promotional Team is top notch as well

They are still a relatively new Team, still adjusting to working without UP as the Project Manager. Once another Project Manager is appointed, I think that will really kick NEM into high gear, as if we already aren't operating at a high level, lol

Things are definitely all looking up from here!!!
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:23:13 PM

Here is some good and important news:

New Alpha Build 0.0.75 Available: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2230.0

Enjoy.  Wink
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 09:38:30 PM

planned alpha blockchain  restart : http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2324.0

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
lexicon

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:54:06 PM

@lexicon

glad you made that edit lol

please stop with the new manager thing too. there isnt a need for one. and its insulting to patmast3r who basically is the lead guy even though he doesnt see himself as one.

Is he, I didn't know that, well maybe that's why things are getting fixed, i know Xtester has a lot of pull too. Let's give Pat the credit he is due. I call for Pat to be the OFFICIAL project manager. That's the only thing I think I disagree with you on, is we DO need a project manager, you say we don't need one because he in acting as one now? Let's REALLY give him the reigns, we need someone like him!!

Does anyone in the community have a problem with this. And he should be paid as well.

jonybroker

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:08:42 PM

Here is some good and important news:

New Alpha Build 0.0.75 Available: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2230.0

Enjoy.  Wink

Good news, Thanks for update.
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 10:17:01 PM

The iphone came out in 2008 and bitcoin in 2009.  I teach at an expensive private university in a high tech area so my population stats are skewed, but I have 100% smartphone adaption, yet still most of my students don't know hardly anything about bitcoin, if they have even heard of it. 

Why?  Smartphones add a lot of value to my students' daily lives and bitcoin doesn't. 

For a crypto like NEM to be successful, it needs to be so easy to use that my 85 year old grandmother can use it on her iphone, yet I can leave my smart phone in the hands of my 4 year old nephew so he can play games, take pics and watch movies on it while I work.  And I need to have no fear that when I come back in 2 hours to retrieve my phone that all my money won't be gone.  (Both of these circumstances apply to today's method of credit cards, as well as credit cards being able to be carried in your pocket easily and being able to be used online)

Exactly. This is the main reason I can't wait to take a java mobile app course in a couple weeks!

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
lexusivan888

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:04:40 AM

1. i go to NXTblocks.info and open a wallet,,,i set password and i got a wallet identifier: X6L5-F4T7------,
    (what is it for ? is it like my account on NXT-AE ? )

Think of identifier as a name of wallet file. Your wallet is on NXTblocks server, but it's encrypted by your password. The identifier downloads the correct wallet so you can decrypt it in your browser.

This has nothing to do with Nxt, but how NXTblocks wallet works (with a wallet file, like bitcoin).

3. i go to AE,, and find the NEMstake market,, but i cant find the buttons to BUY or SELL...
   only see the buying and selling orders..

NXTblocks wallet hasn't yet implemented AE. It's upcoming feature.

4. so, i need to send 1nxt from my account ID: NXT-KKFH-M4RE-HREC-CK8Z8
   and then, i will have the stake token in this account ID,, right ?

There is no such account http://www.nxtreporting.com/?a=NXT-KKFH-M4RE-HREC-CK8Z8&c=USD

5. after i receive my token, how to sell ? because i cant find any BUY or SELL button in the NEMstake market....

As someone suggested, use https://trade.secureae.com/ wallet. It's totally secure lightweight wallet too, as password never leaves your machine/browser (does local signing in the browser).  You don't need to download/install any software and no blockchain to worry about.

thank you very much Eadeqa !
now, i go to SAE,, and i open an account, info as attached photo.

so, i need send 1nxt to devs nxt acc. from this ID:1435..........
and claim the token,,

and i will receive the token in my ID 1435...... , right ?

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 03:18:57 AM

TOKEN REQUESTS CAN NOW BE MADE - READ PROCEDURE BELOW

1) Send 1 NXT from the account you want the asset to be transfered to to NXT-97MX-EWKV-CGKX-DA5WH
This will pay for the tx fee and act as bookkeeping.

2) Send pm to xtester with patmast3r in cc.
The pm needs to include the tx id for the 1 NXT payment. Don't pm us saying "I payed 1 NXT. Send my token". INCLUDE THE TX ID!
This is what a TX ID looks like: 7136633102723179216. Plz don't send us something else.

We'll issue tokens once a week. Current plan is to issue tokens every monday. Plz send your request at least 24h in advance otherwise you'll have to wait for the next monday to come along.

xtester will check first, put you on the list, then I will recheck and issue the token.

Everyone that already pmed me before will need to pm again. I can't search all those pms in my inbox for every single request I hope you can understand that.

im a newbie abt NXT.. my question is following, pls be patient and help me,, thanks.

1. i go to NXTblocks.info and open a wallet,,,i set password and i got a wallet identifier: X6L5-F4T7------,

2. then, go to the account book, i add an account, ID : NXT-KKFH-M4RE-HREC-CK8Z8
    ( is it the NXT address under my NXT-AE account: X6L5-----? )

3. i go to AE,, and find the NEMstake market,, but i cant find the buttons to BUY or SELL...

5. after i receive my token, how to sell ? because i cant find any BUY or SELL button in the NEMstake market...

thank you for your help.

You need to download the wallet. Did you download the wallet? If you have, then it is better to start from there. The nxtblocks.info is quite confusing. If I were you, I won't bother but just download a wallet and run from there.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 04:33:45 AM

The iphone came out in 2008 and bitcoin in 2009.  I teach at an expensive private university in a high tech area so my population stats are skewed, but I have 100% smartphone adaption, yet still most of my students don't know hardly anything about bitcoin, if they have even heard of it. 

Why?  Smartphones add a lot of value to my students' daily lives and bitcoin doesn't. 

For a crypto like NEM to be successful, it needs to be so easy to use that my 85 year old grandmother can use it on her iphone, yet I can leave my smart phone in the hands of my 4 year old nephew so he can play games, take pics and watch movies on it while I work.  And I need to have no fear that when I come back in 2 hours to retrieve my phone that all my money won't be gone.  (Both of these circumstances apply to today's method of credit cards, as well as credit cards being able to be carried in your pocket easily and being able to be used online)

+1 Nakamoto Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 04:37:36 AM

@lexicon

please stop with the new manager thing too. there isnt a need for one. and its insulting to patmast3r who basically is the lead guy even though he doesnt see himself as one.

Is he, I didn't know that, well maybe that's why things are getting fixed, i know Xtester has a lot of pull too. Let's give Pat the credit he is due. I call for Pat to be the OFFICIAL project manager. That's the only thing I think I disagree with you on, is we DO need a project manager, you say we don't need one because he in acting as one now? Let's REALLY give him the reigns, we need someone like him!!

Does anyone in the community have a problem with this. And he should be paid as well.

The dev and marketing teams are doing a great job managing a project of this complexity, IMHO. Feel free to give pat money, though Cheesy

Overall, I don't think we should rely too much on any centralized leadership. That won't be sustainable in the long run. That is probably why Satoshi, BCNext, UP all left.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 05:30:22 AM

planned alpha blockchain  restart : http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2324.0

I would have been running a node but I have been traveling all of July and will be traveling most of August. After that I'll be more active in running a node and making more transfers.

solix

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:17:25 AM

There should be a handout created for NEM targeted for people completely new to digital currencies. It should be brochure like, easy for anyone to print out. Make it as simple as possible, explain the idea of digital currencies as a whole and then what approach NEM is taking. People involved in the swarm team could print these off and post them locally on bulletins or hand them out by hand on streets, campuses, local events.

Going further, we could put a message inside some of the brochure offering free X amount of NEM (we could include what market value this would be in $) for anyone potentially interested in getting involved with the project. We could make the brochures unique by serial numbers and have them redeem them after creating an account on the Nem forums.

No.  Bitcoin itself is only used by a million people around the world.  Getting people to use crypto currencies is an education campaign and a simple brochure (even with measly freebies attached - which I don't like) would have a very low effectiveness rate.

I've seen the marketing strategies used by Litecoin and Dogecoin.  Back in 2013 they were spamming on large internet forums like Bodybuilding but it wasn't an education campaign "why you should use cryptos" but more like "hear about dat Bitcoin chyieet?  Well throw money at Litecoin and make $$$$"

However unethical it was for LTC / Doge people to pass off their coin as a money flipping opportunity, I don't think anyone on their forum ever writes: "hey guys, remember in 2013 when you were passing off money flipping opportunities to random people on the internet?".

That method they used was effective in the sense that Doge was able to hit $60 million and LTC is still the Prince to BTC and I was around (albeit not registered on BTT at the time) to see its' raise.  Ironically it was those LTC money flipping threads on websites like Bodybuilding that made me lurk on Bitcointalk.

People don't need handouts or brochures. People need simple and impossible to screw up mobile apps.

Agreed. Make a stupid simple mobile app that feels low intensity and designed to be social instead of institutional and your value will increase organically because of the viral effect. If people go "what is this thing in the top 100" on the store and its stupid simple when they run it because they heard about it from a friend, it will happen naturally. You get it in the top 100 in the first place just by making it a social currency by using gamification or some other simple / fun app that ties in to the real block chain. Maybe it's currency for an MMO game on mobile or whatever. As long as your API is solid, people can tie in to it in a variety of ways with viral apps on mobile. If it isn't easy and it isn't mobile, you'll never hit critical mass. You could have a variety of different apps that do different things (maybe one is a game, maybe one is a "friends bar tab" app) but both use the real block chain underneath. The same dollar that buys bubblegum can also buy a Ferrari, and that is the point. The more uses it has the more value it has.

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
lexicon

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:34:11 AM

@lexicon

The dev and marketing teams are doing a great job managing a project of this complexity, IMHO. Feel free to give pat money, though Cheesy

Overall, I don't think we should rely too much on any centralized leadership. That won't be sustainable in the long run. That is probably why Satoshi, BCNext, UP all left.

I think that it is very obvious that you and the other programmers should be paid for what you made and maintain technology wise. This is a no brainer, you took your expertise and developed something remarkable.

Are we going to just leave the NEM system you made open, for anyone to change, just come on in and add to it, as someone would a wiki. Then someone can leave a note that says, this isn't working, this is incorrect, and so on.

Of course not. It's impossible for this to be done because their would be too many cooks in the kitchen, and security issues of course.

Can someone get with you guys and say hey, let's try this, and then you guys say, wow, great idea, we should do it, and in some circumstances that person be invited to join the team; again, of course.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The same goes with the actual infrastructure of management. There has to be management. Not just maintaining the actual system, but with the management of the NEM community itself. There doesn't have to be designated leaders for it to merely survive, however, the same holds true with NEM Management, as with the wiki example above for the tech, when it comes to management of day to day operations regarding NEM.

We can't just have lexicon coming on and posting that we should do this, and we shouldn't do that, and then some agree and some not agree. Of course the Management team will take direction from the programmers and the community, but someone has to run the show.

For NEM to have any chance at changing the world, it will come from the developers of the tech, and the developers and actors of the management infrastructure. The day to day operations on both sides.

For this we need designated leaders. Without them, we have no chance against our competitors.

Take Satoshi, BCnext, UP, for example. They left and these communities suffered, but all bounced back to a point, NEM even more so!

Yes, Bitcoin "made it" in some peoples eyes, but in my eyes, they have failed miserably at mass adoption. If Satoshi, had taken his premine, and assembled a team, to manage, and market Bitcoin. IMO we would see Bitcoin being used much more that the measly percentage of the world that is using it now. Satoshi left because it was the alpha of cryptos.

Nxt same thing. It is the beta of cryptos. It will stay there as well. It doesn't have enough funding to put any meaningful management team together. Period. It holds, and for a short while, it will hold a respectable postiton in the tiny crypto world, until it falls to better funded and more organized competitors.

NEM has the promotional funds to put together a meaningful management team. I don't see a better group of guys to head this management team up than what we have now. With Pat as the lead as Project Manager and Xtester as the Marketing Director. These guys are great guys that need to do this full time, or someone else does, if NEM is to change the world. They need to be doing this full time and they need to eat.

Like Ethereum is trying to produce Satoshi's 3rd and final product. Not alpha and not beta, but a finished product, NEM has that chance, to be that as well, with the amount of promotional funds that have been allocated.

Now it is time to put a meaningful, full time, team together, or NEM will suffer Nxt's fate the minute Ethereum and others come onto the scene.

I see this so clearly, how others don't...well... it just baffles me. I'll leave it at that.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7968

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 06:42:57 AM

Take Satoshi, BCnext, UP, for example. They left and these communities suffered.

I see this so clearly, how others don't...well... it just baffles me. I'll leave it at that.

No you don't. No coin has surpassed BTC. It is the gold standard as far as crypto is concerned; there is nothing that has come close to beating it.

The BTC community has NOT suffered. NXT, that's a different story. NEM... isn't even a coin yet, so just hold your horses and wait until its actually a real thing before you decide it suffers from the same problems as the #1 cryptocurrency of all-time.

NEMstake has been decreasing in value over the past couple of months, just like almost every other altcoin. The only thing that really sets NEM apart from the crowd is that its not actually a real coin yet and already has a multimillion dollar market cap.

Having said that, I still like NEM and I expect big things in its future. Just cut down on the grandiosity a little bit, its embarrassing.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:43:34 AM

Agreed. Make a stupid simple mobile app that feels low intensity and designed to be social instead of institutional and your value will increase organically because of the viral effect. If people go "what is this thing in the top 100" on the store and its stupid simple when they run it because they heard about it from a friend, it will happen naturally. You get it in the top 100 in the first place just by making it a social currency by using gamification or some other simple / fun app that ties in to the real block chain. Maybe it's currency for an MMO game on mobile or whatever. As long as your API is solid, people can tie in to it in a variety of ways with viral apps on mobile. If it isn't easy and it isn't mobile, you'll never hit critical mass. You could have a variety of different apps that do different things (maybe one is a game, maybe one is a "friends bar tab" app) but both use the real block chain underneath. The same dollar that buys bubblegum can also buy a Ferrari, and that is the point. The more uses it has the more value it has.

The mobile app well definitely have to be developed in stages.
At first the focus would probably be for sending NEM to other people as in the beginning there won't be merchants to accept NEM.
After time that will hopefully change and that's when the app has to change to act as kind of a POS system or work together with such systems.

More important - and harder - than just having an app is giving that app utility.

I also don't see too much need for a mobile App before a couple of months after launch (yes I said it - after launch Smiley)
Of course this is only my opinion so might cause a heated discussion.

Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:45:17 AM

Think of identifier as a name of wallet file. Your wallet is on NXTblocks server, but it's encrypted by your password. The identifier downloads the correct wallet so you can decrypt it in your browser.

This has nothing to do with Nxt, but how NXTblocks wallet works (with a wallet file, like bitcoin).

NXTblocks wallet hasn't yet implemented AE. It's upcoming feature.

There is no such account http://www.nxtreporting.com/?a=NXT-KKFH-M4RE-HREC-CK8Z8&c=USD

5. after i receive my token, how to sell ? because i cant find any BUY or SELL button in the NEMstake market....

As someone suggested, use https://trade.secureae.com/ wallet. It's totally secure lightweight wallet too, as password never leaves your machine/browser (does local signing in the browser).  You don't need to download/install any software and no blockchain to worry about.

thank you very much Eadeqa !
now, i go to SAE,, and i open an account, info as attached photo.

so, i need send 1nxt to devs nxt acc. from this ID:1435..........
and claim the token,,

and i will receive the token in my ID 1435...... , right ?

Yes, if you click on the ID it will copy it to clipboard. Make sure it's correct. You can send Nxt to this account,, then do one outgoing transaction (maybe buy a stake called "love"  to protect your account with 256 bit public key).

Don't lose your username/password

Before asking for token, you should send some (small amount) nxt to it and then buy something, just to make sure everything is working

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
lexicon

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:08:45 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 07:55:16 AM by lexicon

Take Satoshi, BCnext, UP, for example. They left and these communities suffered.

No you don't. No coin has surpassed BTC. It is the gold standard as far as crypto is concerned; there is nothing that has come close to beating it.

The BTC community has NOT suffered. NXT, that's a different story. NEM... isn't even a coin yet, so just hold your horses and wait until its actually a real thing before you decide it suffers from the same problems as the #1 cryptocurrency of all-time.

NEMstake has been decreasing in value over the past couple of months, just like almost every other altcoin. The only thing that really sets NEM apart from the crowd is that its not actually a real coin yet and already has a multimillion dollar market cap.

Having said that, I still like NEM and I expect big things in its future. Just cut down on the grandiosity a little bit, its embarrassing.

You think you could take that quote any further out of context  Smiley

Listen, BTC is the BEST SO FAR, it has the best head start, read what I wrote a little more carefully. It will be passed up btw.

If it's NEM, I don't know, you are totally offended that I'm stating that BTC could be doing better.

Calm down, BTC is the beginning, not the end. It was never meant to be the end. Satoshi was introducing a new tecnology, the blockchain, a trustless public ledger, he did not intend for Bitcoin itself to change the world on its own, but the blockchain, the public ledger and his some of his other innovations that were not included in Bitcoin btw, I beleive he did think would change the world. That is what we are talking about here.

Try to think into the future a little bit.

And my point wasn't to get into BTC debate, though I may have brought this on myself.

I am simply stating that NEM needs a full time Management team. That's all.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:07:19 AM

If NXT went back to 7 cents then we would have a $1600 NEMstake.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: