Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:59:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:36:59 PM

Hey guys.

Did you recently checked coinmarketcap?

I checked it this morning and saw NEM falling to 900 USD per stake.

Do you think, there is someone who wants to bring down the price in an artificial way?

I can't see the aim of this behavior.

Maybe is it someone who wants to harm NEM or is there something I missed?

Whats your opinion about it?

You can't get cheap NEMstake to become a whale if you don't crash the price. Don't you know how this game is played?

I like how you guys make up whales when they don't even exist.

The guy who used to own 26 stakes now owns 32 on the asset exchange.  Especially when volume is only $1000 a day, it's very easy to unload stakes to crash the price to trigger a sell panic (thus sell walls) and then to buy up entire sell walls on the cheap.

If NEM isn't going to be released until September / October then it was put on the asset exchange too soon.  That guy who owns 32 will likely own 100s by the time of release.  It's very easy to manipulate the token price if the volume is that low.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:37:51 PM

Hi guys,

I've prepared an updated, clean and simple thread OP.

Initially wanted to post it along with the new logo, but thought it would be best to post it now and let people offer some feedback if something important is missing/not working.

I will update it with the new logo as soon as we have it.

In the meantime I'm also working on a second OP where you can find a detailed version of all important information regarding NEM.

Thanks.

NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT

"A Community-Oriented 2nd-Generation Cryptocurrency, With Philosophies of Financial Freedom, Decentralization, and Equality of Opportunity."

FORUM - WIKI - TWITTER - FACEBOOK - REDDIT

* OPEN ALPHA WITH ONE CLICK INSTALL IS LIVE: FORUM.NEMCOIN.COM *

What is NEM?

The New Economy Movement is a community-driven effort to realize financial freedom, decentralization, and equality of opportunity, united in solidarity. Part of NEM is a brand new 2nd-Generation cryptocurrency build from the ground up to solve some of the most important problems in the crypto-space.

Special features

• NEM is built 100% from scratch and is not a fork of Bitcoin or Nxt.
  • NEM improves different features of Bitcoin and Nxt, being more efficient and environmentally friendly.
  • NEM 100% innovative Proof-of-Importance algorithm.
  • NEM business rules.
  • NEM Eigentrust++ peer reputation management.
  • NEM improved decentralized asset exchange.
  • NEM one click, auto-updatable install client.
  • NEM simple mobile wallet for both IOS and Android.

NEM Timeline/Roadmap

• Initial fundraising - 1/19/2014 to 2/17/2014 - first fundraising thread - second fundraising thread
  • Waiting list open - 2/21/2014 to 4/10/2014 - waiting list thread
  • Public auditing of stakeholder list - 3/2/2014 to 4/9/2014  - public auditing thread
  • Waiting list invitation - 4/28/2014 to 5/9/2014 - invitation letter
  • Final stakeholder list published - 5/10/2014 - The final list
  • Development contract (first draft) published - 5/25/2014  - Development contract
  • NEMstake on asset exchange - 5/30/2014 - Asset exchange thread
  • Open Alpha release - 6/25/2014 - NEM open alpha has launched
  • NEM stake public auction - After/during open alpha release - no exact date
  • Open Source NEM Community Client - raw estimate: August 2014
  • Open Beta release                            - raw estimate: September 2014
  • Official launch                                   - raw estimate: November 2014
  • V1 blockchain completion                  - TBA

Note: none of the above information is set in stone and will most likely be subject to change as we make progress.

NEM Core Developers

• Jaguar0625 (core developer, NIS, NCC)
  • Gimre (core developer, NIS, NCC)
  • Makoto (core developer, NIS, POI)
  • Thies (core developer, NIS, NCC)
  • BloodyRookie (core developer, NIS, POI)

NEM Organizers, Marketers, and Helpers

• patmast3r
  • Krysto
  • Tranloi
  • xtester
  • kodtycoon
  • rockethead
  • Erkki12
  • EFFV
  • Taumuon
  • Kooream
  • Zoata87

How many coins will each stakeholder get?

NEM will have a maximum of 4 000 000 000 coins, all distributed with the genesis block. Each NEM coin will be divisible to 6 figures (i.e. the smallest amount of NEM is 0.000001 NEM). The total supply will be distributed as follows:

• 71% - distributed to stakeholders on the final stakeholder list.
  • 10% - reserved for the core development team to fund development of the NCC and NIS up to the release of V.1 of the blockchain.
  • 10% - reserved for the core development team to fund development of the NCC and NIS after the release of V.1 of the blockchain.
  • 5% - reserved for the extended development team; those who are working on promoting NEM and the NEM ecosystem.
  • 4% - auctioned off at a later date.

NEM Alpha Wallet

• You can download the wallet and find more info here: Alpha info

NEM Ecosystem

How to get involved

Other useful Links

NEM development fund addresses

Hope you'll enjoy the stay.  Wink

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 11:38:05 PM

Hey guys.

Do you think, there is someone who wants to bring down the price in an artificial way?

You can't get cheap NEMstake to become a whale if you don't crash the price. Don't you know how this game is played?

The guy who used to own 26 stakes now owns 32 on the asset exchange.  Especially when volume is only $1000 a day, it's very easy to unload stakes to crash the price to trigger a sell panic (thus sell walls) and then to buy up entire sell walls on the cheap.

If NEM isn't going to be released until September / October then it was put on the asset exchange too soon.  That guy who owns 32 will likely own 100s by the time of release.

Well too soon on the AE we can agree on.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 11:39:48 PM

@xtester: that looks really great! It's much more concise and informative than before Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:01:37 AM

@xtester: that looks really great! It's much more concise and informative than before Cheesy

I think NEM has a beautiful client.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:17:21 AM

Hey guys.

The guy who used to own 26 stakes now owns 32 on the asset exchange.  Especially when volume is only $1000 a day, it's very easy to unload stakes to crash the price to trigger a sell panic (thus sell walls) and then to buy up entire sell walls on the cheap.

If NEM isn't going to be released until September / October then it was put on the asset exchange too soon.  That guy who owns 32 will likely own 100s by the time of release.  It's very easy to manipulate the token price if the volume is that low.

That whale is doing NEM a favor by preventing the NEM stake price falling to 100$. Because if he unloads everything now, that will be where NEM price is. Be careful with what you are wishing for.

It would take 40.000$ to buy 32 NEM stakes and if you think he will end up buying 100 stakes, that would cost 100.000$ or more. Even to me, that is not a small change. 100 stakes = 2.5% of total NEM. For 100K, he can buy the entire supply of ORA or 10% of Qora or Crypti or Viacoin. I am not the whale buying but , my friend, be grateful to people buying your product. 

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 12:39:22 AM

@CFA: For most people, one side is usually quite a bit longer than the other (even in Japan).

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 01:46:17 AM

Yes, much easier to digest the content this way.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:22:20 AM

Hey guys.

My opinion is coins have exploded onto the scene. We are seeing literally scam coins being developed on a daily basis, and new "game changing coins" nearly as often. And yet here we have a coin making promises but technically doesn't even exist yet. Now the release date is getting pushed back by a couple of months and people are just throwing their hands up. I can;t say so much as I blame them. AT this point there are 20 other coins offering the same thing as this coin that are rising in value NOW. So Why not sell your stake or not buy one and move into something that is tangible.

Meanwhile people here are still arguing over the logo. Cheesy

Noone pushed back the release. August was spread by some people but those were guesses.
Point me to any other project the promises THE SAME things. Not similar but the same.

Development needs to speed up - no argueing there. It's been difficult lately.

On the other hand poloniex confirmed that they're going to add NEM at launch so that's cool  Wink

You should also aim for bittrex - that's where the real action/volume are, clearly.
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:46:54 AM

BTER.com seems to be the popular Bitcoin 2.0 exchange so far

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
KimNg

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:17:40 AM

The fan logo looks like a pair of Y-fronts  Smiley

I like the cube logo though, and the colours are good

Had to google what y-fronts are, never heard of this term. Now all I see is mens underwear. Shocked
It would be hilarious if we found one in tri-color!
http://www.coatsindustrial.com/en/images/Illustration-Underwear-Y-fronts_tcm35-8824.jpg

Prototype of fan-briefs.

Grin Grin Grin

How funny, we may have performed our own kind of Rorschach test.
A committee could not possibly see the fan logo=quark logo=underwear=phallus=praying mantis head=who knows what else.
This is exactly why NEM's symbol should be vetted and chosen in a decentralized way.

All NEM members, please vote!

Inactive members (lurkers this means you!), take this simple step and do something for NEM.

Voting closes soon
Logo vote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg8163582#msg8163582

Follow the Voting procedure:
Every voting stakeholder will have to send a PM to both rockethead and kodtycoon specifying the chosen option(i.e. "option 1" or "option 2").

Fan voters guide:
Send a PM
To: "rockethead", "kodtycoon"
Subject: Logo vote

Cube voters guide:
Send a PM
To: "rockethead", "kodtycoon"
Subject: Logo vote

My campaign for the Cube logo.
=====================================================================
Reasons for Selecting the Cube as the Symbol of NEM.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7729767#msg7729767
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7993975#msg7993975
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7995429#msg7995429
=====================================================================

The new logo is "flat" compared to the 3d appearance of the cube, especially at the size of a 16x16 pixel icon.

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:55:49 AM

That whale is doing NEM a favor by preventing the NEM stake price falling to 100$. Because if he unloads everything now, that will be where NEM price is. Be careful with what you are wishing for.

It would take 40.000$ to buy 32 NEM stakes and if you think he will end up buying 100 stakes, that would cost 100.000$ or more. Even to me, that is not a small change. 100 stakes = 2.5% of total NEM. For 100K, he can buy the entire supply of ORA or 10% of Qora or Crypti or Viacoin. I am not the whale buying but , my friend, be grateful to people buying your product. 

Good point. The prices would be significantly down without the whales who hold for long time.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 07:01:48 AM

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Ikaros

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:42:57 AM

Nem is out of coinmarketcap Huh
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:37:58 AM

It's there in last

http://coinmarketcap.com/3

temp glitch with the site, probably

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:48:02 AM

https://twitter.com/nemcoin/status/496207385300848640

xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:50:23 AM

It's there in last

http://coinmarketcap.com/3

temp glitch with the site, probably

They had some more of those lately. Saw bitcoin at 7k $ just the other day and every other coin had a 1000% gain.  Smiley

Will probably be solved later though.
oldisoft

Activity: 854

https://iota.org/

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:50:17 AM

This is Fantastic news! NEM tuda MOON

Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 11:12:51 AM

Nice one!!

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:13:20 AM

Any idea roughly what time - in GMT - NEMstake Tokens will be sent out today? Just asking to account for the time difference. Appreciate it guys!

Also great to see Poloniex will be picking up NEM on launch! Great news!

I guess around 6pm GMT+2.

Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: