Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:05:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitZCoin

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:43:49 PM

[...][/...]

There's a lot of truth in here.

Here it is: TakePart!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:55:42 PM

Most of us want the Cube as the logo..

It's psychological as well.   Your eyes might not see it but your brain certainty does when it reads the "N+E+M" in the Cube.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:00:17 AM

Just an idea and I wouldn't use especially this grey, but what would you guys think about that one?

gvans

Activity: 281

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:47:53 AM

-censored-

How bout  

Tongue just kidding!

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:51:32 AM

Hey Nemsters, check this out: http://shop.adapteva.com/collections/featured-products/products/parallella-16-desktop-computer

The world's fastest, most compact, lowest electricity consumption computer running ARM CPU + 16 virtual epiphany cores.

That's really cool. With computation getting so cheap and fast, there will be no reason for anyone to use ethereum.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:54:40 AM

On gold:

Think about it, there are only two real advantages gold and silver have to cryptos.
1) Value over time across cultures. That is a lot of momentum. (this is of course due to its luster and scarcity from the lack of metal asteroids we get)
2) Usefulness in electronics.

It does not stand on anything else.
1) "Rare". Minted coins are also finite.
2) Store of wealth. This is no different than anything else anyone agrees is valuable. There is no intrinsic value beyond electronics. Bullets, water, and other commodities are really the only real stores of wealth for someone that is concerned with anarchy.

We don't want governments to collapse _completely_. Who is going to have a standing army to guard infrastructure then? Is everyone going to cruise around with solar inverters and netbooks? Weak is fine for social shifts. Total anarchy is bad for everyone but the survivalists.

For people that buy gold and silver via proxies. Do you honestly think you will have access to that in a social collapse? Unless it was delivered to your doorstep... and then, unless you have gold coins... what are you going to do, chip of flakes to transact with people?

I just don't see much appeal to precious metals. The quantities by which you can invest for anyone but the super wealthy means it is often purchased and held through trusted parties anyway.

My 2 cents after considering investing in precious metals. I think you either buy bullets and water and MREs or you buy cryptos. You prepare for worst case or you have the expectation the government is still around.

Diversification is also a good plan. Gold/silver + NEM Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:14:48 AM

Also we have to build up an emotional connection with Nem in the mind of the people.
This will be the most important task during the marketing. Therefore it's a good beginning to use humans in the pictures, too.
People love to see faces and they'll always be remembered that it's a movement for them, with them and together with many others of them.
- They are not alone.

The people have to buy a product from us. But no matter which product or service you're buying; at least you're buying emotions.
That's because, you are always buying the feeling you have when you see your new car, or (maybe the best and most famous example for this) your brand new IPhone.
The humans have to be proud to be Nemsters and have to love holding and using their units in their daily routine.
Also it will be an important unique selling point, cause selling emotions will make us independent from pure technical and even rational comparisons with our competitiors.

This will be the way for Nem to be a long-term success.

This is an important comment. From the first time someone installs/starts up NEM, there should be something ceremonial to it, like opening up the box of your new iPhone.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
KimNg

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:19:52 AM

[NOT THIS @!&# AGAIN]

I hope you were being sarcastic, if not why do you think that?

I believe the symbol we choose for NEM is very important and it is beneficial to discuss all the pros and cons before the final vote.
The devs are putting a lot of time into designing, coding and thoroughly testing the software and We the community should put some
effort into selecting the best logo for NEM.

In my opinion, the cube meets all the criteria for being the perfect logo for NEM.
The cube is: unique, attractive, simple and reflects the decentralized nature of the New Economy Movement.

NEM stakeholders, campaign for the logo you like and please share your thoughts and opinions why it should be selected.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:20:48 AM

**NEM requires Java 8**.

Seriously? Soooo.. There is no real intention for this coin to be used by the general public for quite some time to come? I know programmers just love to play with shiny new things but someone should have smacked them upside the head and said a big fat no to that one.

You can install Java 8 just like 7. We provided a link too so what is your problem?
You're the first one to complain so you might not want to talk about the "general public" here.
I'm probably the first one to complain because I'm not part of the crypto community and have spent the last decade marketing shit to the general public.. I spent a decade before that managing programmers and keeping them inline so that the products they created could actually be used by people and not just "techies". The general public has a hard time programming their DVD players.. Of those in the general public that have java 7 installed on their computers they probably only have it cause their kids did it so they could play minecraft. You have to create things that someone who is practically "brain dead" can actually use.

Every single coin out there has these sorts of problem, no thought to actually catering to the general public. They just "hope" that they'll somehow come on board. Everything I read on this forum is all about catering to the community and of course the markets. The first coin that will actually focus on catering to the general public will actually have the chance to "win". I'm not picking on NEM, as I said all the coins suffer from this problem. It would just be nice to see one that actually thinks seriously about it before hand and doesn't put roadblocks in their way.

Have to say I agree. The minute java update pops up my mom closes it and tells me whatever she is trying to run is broken and I need to remote in and fix it. The average computer probably has java 1.6 and possibly 1.7. You can say "hey we provided a link" all you want, and that is a valid response, but the average joe ain't gonna navigate that. If they click it, and firefox asks "what do you want to do with this?", and they say "open" and it doesn't involve a couple clicks before the interface is in front of them, they'll roll over, and that's a fact. I do a lot of pc repair and builds for my community and I promise you the average person can't handle installing a new jdk, as ridiculous as it sounds to you and I. If you want to keep it a geek only cost of entry totally fine, just accept that is what you have done.

Also, what features in the 1.8 JDK are we using that we actually need? Are we coding to the new API or are we just saying "for some reason it seems like it only runs on 1.8 because we get a stack trace and we don't investigate it"? I'll accept that as a valid response if there is some UI based objects that really make our lives easier in 1.8. When I compared 1.6 to 1.7 for our dev shop there was like one deal breaker feature we needed (granted our code was business objects and not UI heavy).

We use JDK 1.8 features very, very heavily.

The future is not in desktop wallets, IMHO, but rather in mobile, so that is the domain to conquer with good usability.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:24:11 AM

Hi Guys! Just for info - ethereum begins ether sale(https://www.ethereum.org/)  ...it's really not bad  Shocked just 2000 ethers for 1 btc Cheesy
Cheers

why do you think is a good price?

It depends. I think it is very good for them and for investors as well if they can raise a lot fund. In my view, Ethereum has the Bitcoin challenger status while NEM has NXT challenger status. 2015 would be very interesting as a lot of new projects going to fruition. BUT everyone should hope that Bitcoin stays strong, get bigger or at least stay at this level and not deflate  to sub 300 level.  
of course matter of good price was with sarcasm Grin @ARGpentem- what kind of projects( a lot of) are going to fruition on 2015 except of ethereum?

Some coming at the end of the year too like NEM, Bitshare, Crypti, Maidsafe etc. These are the big ones, there are a lot of other smaller ones and that I count non -clone projects only.

Add Nodes, Exo too.
I would add eMunie into this list as well. The very interesting thing about it is its economic model and price stabilizing mechanism.

But does it work?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:25:25 AM

some pages ago you were talking about the Ethereum.

Just take a look:

http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-launches-ether-coin-millions-already-sold/

Shocked

If Im not wrong on my calculus its 3,5 k BTC

Someone believes strongly, like I believe in Nem, at this coin.

They've sold already 10,722,486 ETH. That's 10,722,486/2000 = 5361,243 BTC = 3,332,281$ = 3,3M$ and they got it just in 24h Shocked

One thing is pretty clear. They have plenty of money to hire high paid developers and marketing money to team up with big companies and and banks. If they don't screw up the launch  later in the winter, I think they have pretty good chance to challenge BTC for #1 spot.

NEM really needs financial resources like that in order to stay competitive. Hopefully selling unclaimed stakes will provide the needed funds to get a full time team.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
JavaCoder

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:26:35 AM

**NEM requires Java 8**.

Seriously? Soooo.. There is no real intention for this coin to be used by the general public for quite some time to come? I know programmers just love to play with shiny new things but someone should have smacked them upside the head and said a big fat no to that one.

You can install Java 8 just like 7. We provided a link too so what is your problem?
You're the first one to complain so you might not want to talk about the "general public" here.
I'm probably the first one to complain because I'm not part of the crypto community and have spent the last decade marketing shit to the general public.. I spent a decade before that managing programmers and keeping them inline so that the products they created could actually be used by people and not just "techies". The general public has a hard time programming their DVD players.. Of those in the general public that have java 7 installed on their computers they probably only have it cause their kids did it so they could play minecraft. You have to create things that someone who is practically "brain dead" can actually use.

Every single coin out there has these sorts of problem, no thought to actually catering to the general public. They just "hope" that they'll somehow come on board. Everything I read on this forum is all about catering to the community and of course the markets. The first coin that will actually focus on catering to the general public will actually have the chance to "win". I'm not picking on NEM, as I said all the coins suffer from this problem. It would just be nice to see one that actually thinks seriously about it before hand and doesn't put roadblocks in their way.

Have to say I agree. The minute java update pops up my mom closes it and tells me whatever she is trying to run is broken and I need to remote in and fix it. The average computer probably has java 1.6 and possibly 1.7. You can say "hey we provided a link" all you want, and that is a valid response, but the average joe ain't gonna navigate that. If they click it, and firefox asks "what do you want to do with this?", and they say "open" and it doesn't involve a couple clicks before the interface is in front of them, they'll roll over, and that's a fact. I do a lot of pc repair and builds for my community and I promise you the average person can't handle installing a new jdk, as ridiculous as it sounds to you and I. If you want to keep it a geek only cost of entry totally fine, just accept that is what you have done.

Also, what features in the 1.8 JDK are we using that we actually need? Are we coding to the new API or are we just saying "for some reason it seems like it only runs on 1.8 because we get a stack trace and we don't investigate it"? I'll accept that as a valid response if there is some UI based objects that really make our lives easier in 1.8. When I compared 1.6 to 1.7 for our dev shop there was like one deal breaker feature we needed (granted our code was business objects and not UI heavy).

We use JDK 1.8 features very, very heavily.

The future is not in desktop wallets, IMHO, but rather in mobile, so that is the domain to conquer with good usability.

Agree, Mobile will be a big piz in the future.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:27:48 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 01:38:04 AM by makoto1337

Regarding the quark logo: does anyone think quark will even be around in 1 or 2 years?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:35:46 AM

Regarding the quark logo: does anything think quark will even be around in 1 or 2 years?

Yes, they would be, a and how do you know you would be around in 2 years? Future of all crypto, even BTC, is not clear.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 01:46:36 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 03:21:43 AM by BitZCoin

From the first time someone installs/starts up NEM, there should be something ceremonial to it, like opening up the box of your new iPhone.

Exactly! Nem has to feel special right from the beginning.
We shouldn't just talk about Nems technical aspects to the people, but rather more about how it will change their lives. Smiley
There's much we could learn from apple, about that.
It's not so important to know how a motor in a car works. The feeling you have when you drive it, is what is interesting for the costumers.
Also the package of an IPhone is build like a throne for it; just to make you feel great direct with opening it up and seeing/holding it the first time.
It's all about emotions. Smiley

[NOT THIS @!&# AGAIN]

I hope you were being sarcastic, if not why do you think that?

Haven't seen this before, too Smiley

I would add eMunie into this list as well. The very interesting thing about it is its economic model and price stabilizing mechanism.

But does it work?

It's still in the beta Cheesy
Dan wasn't be able to keep his promises, so far.
Until now, there have just been problems and constantly new launch dates.

+1

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:39:40 AM

Regarding the quark logo: does anything think quark will even be around in 1 or 2 years?

Yes, they would be, a and how do you know you would be around in 2 years? Future of all crypto, even BTC, is not clear.

It will probably be around but not nearly as important as NEM

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 03:32:09 AM

Hi Guys! Just for info - ethereum begins ether sale(https://www.ethereum.org/)  ...it's really not bad  Shocked just 2000 ethers for 1 btc Cheesy
Cheers

why do you think is a good price?

It depends. I think it is very good for them and for investors as well if they can raise a lot fund. In my view, Ethereum has the Bitcoin challenger status while NEM has NXT challenger status. 2015 would be very interesting as a lot of new projects going to fruition. BUT everyone should hope that Bitcoin stays strong, get bigger or at least stay at this level and not deflate  to sub 300 level.  
of course matter of good price was with sarcasm Grin @ARGpentem- what kind of projects( a lot of) are going to fruition on 2015 except of ethereum?

Some coming at the end of the year too like NEM, Bitshare, Crypti, Maidsafe etc. These are the big ones, there are a lot of other smaller ones and that I count non -clone projects only.

Add Nodes, Exo too.

But does it work?

A little bit of a shake up at Ethereum.  Charles H the "CEO" has left.  Looks like he might not have been the only one.  Their page a while back had lots and lots of people on the team, and now Vitalik is qouted as saying this. 

'As for “who’s the new CEO”, because we are not a corporation we decided we have no further need for titles; Gav, Jeff and I are in charge of development, Anthony and Stephan in charge of outreach and communications, and Joe, Mihai and Taylor are leading internal operations and that’s all we need."

That looks like three people writing code, a couple doing marketing and communications, and a few managing internal affairs.  It actually is a very small team and they just raised a few million dollars. 

Compared to NEM, we have more core developers and a small little army of members that once launched can hopefully make the difference.  I really think we have a chance at it!

Ripple is trying to do a smart contract system similar to Ethereum now, and I think NXT has it in long term development too.  So the battle is going to heat up!!!

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 03:33:15 AM

The future is 100% mobile

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:04:25 AM

A little bit of a shake up at Ethereum.  Charles H the "CEO" has left.  Looks like he might not have been the only one.  Their page a while back had lots and lots of people on the team, and now Vitalik is qouted as saying this. 

That's a month old news. Ethereum got some mainstream media attention, even before the presale period. No one knows how successful it would be,  but they have plenty of BTC now for development and marketing. 

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:45:19 AM

Can't boot a local NEM node. If I create a node name with just numbers it gives me "ERROR 306", else I always get "ERROR 601: Unknown error". I used a one-click-installation file from forum.nemcoin.com.

601 means the node has already been booted. So go ahead and put your nem address in your signature and request some nem Smiley

All right, I got it  Smiley
Send me some test NEM, guys Grin Thx

Sent some nem to you Smiley

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: