Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:28:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984388 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:32:06 PM

yes, price of NEM is going to the hell... and what a shit with http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/ Huh 315 place for NEM....

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:32:48 PM

Hello,
are there any news about the timeline or the Release of the coin?
Since weeks the only thing I see is the discussion about the Coin-Logo.

A couple of weeks ago there were a big hype about the coin, but I think more and more People get frustrated because there are no new infos about the release but soooo much about the Logo.

xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:38:30 PM

Hello,
are there any news about the timeline or the Release of the coin?
Since weeks the only thing I see is the discussion about the Coin-Logo.

A couple of weeks ago there were a big hype about the coin, but I think more and more People get frustrated because there are no new infos about the release but soooo much about the Logo.

We have updated the OP so you should be able to find some useful info there.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:40:20 PM

yes, price of NEM is going to the hell... and what a shit with http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/ Huh 315 place for NEM....

That's just beacause they seem to be having trouble with their api. Happens all the time.

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:44:15 PM

If anyone keeps track of the progress and release of crypto 2.0 coins, you will notice that there are several promising projects that have been raising a lot of funds, among which are MaidSafe and Ethereum. Unlike these other projects, NEM was created without a large amount of initial funding, giving away most of the stakes for free or for trivial amounts of money. This is good, because it sets us apart from other coins, as a movement marked by equality of opportunity and solidarity without envy.

However, it is also important to realize that in order for NEM to reach its full potential, the community needs to come together and create a vibrant ecosystem that can meet the future needs of our users.

Towards this end, we are planning to prepare to work towards creating key projects required for a comprehensive ecosystem, with an emphasis on mobile apps and a fast, secure exchange, that will fully utilize our upcoming P2P asset exchange. To build this infrastructure, we need to raise funds to compete with the likes of MaidSafe and Ethereum.

Rather than centralize more power with the dev team, we are considering promoting a separate entity that would create and maintain several key ecosystem projects. To create this entity, we should have serious funding to hire full time programmers to work in parallel with the core dev team. This would help us to hit the ground at full speed, right at V1 launch.

If you have any ideas for good ways to raise significant funds (hundreds of BTC), please post them here. I am interested in what kind of thoughts and ideas people have.

You should be very careful. Plans to raise further funds can crash everything, cause people want out of NEM.

In my opinion you should release the coin. And after stabilizing at a price you can decide wether you want to sell development stakes, or do some fundraing for an explicit project.

Talking at this time about needing more money is almost as bad as spreading FUD.

We need good news, and we need the coin in the wallets of the people. We don´t need every possible feature at the beginning.

If the coins will be accepted, people will come to support the further projects.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 05:53:34 PM

If anyone keeps track of the progress and release of crypto 2.0 coins, you will notice that there are several promising projects that have been raising a lot of funds, among which are MaidSafe and Ethereum. Unlike these other projects, NEM was created without a large amount of initial funding, giving away most of the stakes for free or for trivial amounts of money. This is good, because it sets us apart from other coins, as a movement marked by equality of opportunity and solidarity without envy.

However, it is also important to realize that in order for NEM to reach its full potential, the community needs to come together and create a vibrant ecosystem that can meet the future needs of our users.

Towards this end, we are planning to prepare to work towards creating key projects required for a comprehensive ecosystem, with an emphasis on mobile apps and a fast, secure exchange, that will fully utilize our upcoming P2P asset exchange. To build this infrastructure, we need to raise funds to compete with the likes of MaidSafe and Ethereum.

Rather than centralize more power with the dev team, we are considering promoting a separate entity that would create and maintain several key ecosystem projects. To create this entity, we should have serious funding to hire full time programmers to work in parallel with the core dev team. This would help us to hit the ground at full speed, right at V1 launch.

If you have any ideas for good ways to raise significant funds (hundreds of BTC), please post them here. I am interested in what kind of thoughts and ideas people have.

You should be very careful. Plans to raise further funds can crash everything, cause people want out of NEM.

In my opinion you should release the coin. And after stabilizing at a price you can decide wether you want to sell development stakes, or do some fundraing for an explicit project.

Talking at this time about needing more money is almost as bad as spreading FUD.

We need good news, and we need the coin in the wallets of the people. We don´t need every possible feature at the beginning.

If the coins will be accepted, people will come to support the further projects.

I agree for the most part, but there should be a middle of the road, release a working coin with some development, then a plan for future development. I think NEM is well past the middle of the road and at this point people are starting to get restless. I am curious to see how the restlessness will effect things, but I see some people that are already working on getting out. Time will tell.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Primitive

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:01:44 PM

I see some people that are already working on getting out. Time will tell.

i bought my stakes at the WRONG time lol.  at this point i'm riding it out and hoping things will turn around for this coin.   very very little activity - that's starting to hurt the coin.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:15:05 PM

If every stakeholder was doing their part,The devs would not need to discuss raising more funds.

Let's not forget that this is supposed to be a call for participation. Now that nemstakes are on AE, I understand why someone that payed $1000+ for a stake feels that they have done their part, but there are still 2,000+ people who haven't stepped up.

As far as raising funds, what about selling off a portion of the "auctionable stakes", and using those proceeds for the development fund?

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:16:28 PM

I see some people that are already working on getting out. Time will tell.

i bought my stakes at the WRONG time lol.  at this point i'm riding it out and hoping things will turn around for this coin.   very very little activity - that's starting to hurt the coin.

I think it is the market as well. There are sooooooo many coins, a coin that already values itself so high but isn;t even in existence yet, and the date gets moved back, I can see why people shy away.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
patmast3r

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:40:52 PM

If every stakeholder was doing their part,The devs would not need to discuss raising more funds.

Let's not forget that this is supposed to be a call for participation. Now that nemstakes are on AE, I understand why someone that payed $1000+ for a stake feels that they have done their part, but there are still 2,000+ people who haven't stepped up.

As far as raising funds, what about selling off a portion of the "auctionable stakes", and using those proceeds for the development fund?

That could definitely be an option. If the community isn't supportive of any further fundraising then we will find another way.(It's not like we could force anyone).
It's a fact that things are difficult right now but we're only humans and working as hard as we can.
I guess the logo decision should be finished soon then we can have loi come up with a nice branding which I think will get some spirits up again Smiley

Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:42:10 PM

And what shall the stakeholder do?

The coin hasn´t launched and we got no coins.

First of all we have to go live. I don´t see tasks for the community besides this crazy logo thing.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
patmast3r

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:47:36 PM

First of all we have to go live. I don´t see tasks for the community besides this crazy logo thing.

Here's a crazy idea. Check out the alpha and give feedback Smiley
That's something that is very valuable and everyone can do.

Come up with ideas for:
  • community events
  • business models
  • apps for nem (besides the obvious ones like a wallet)
  • anything that is usefull for the ecosystem

mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:03:56 PM

Come up with ideas for:
  • community events
  • business models

Posting your responses to those ideas on the nem forum would be good to http://forum.nemcoin.com/
Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:24:57 PM

Come up with ideas for:
  • community events
  • business models

1. communtiy events
I think not really important.

2. business models
I thought this should be an everyday currency, so for what a business model?

3. apps

NEM is built 100% from scratch and is not a fork of Bitcoin or Nxt.
    NEM improves different features of Bitcoin and Nxt, being more efficient and environmentally friendly.
    NEM 100% innovative Proof-of-Importance algorithm.
    NEM business rules.
    NEM Eigentrust++ peer reputation management.
    NEM improved decentralized asset exchange.
    NEM one click, auto-updatable install client.
    NEM simple mobile wallet for both IOS and Android.

Enough features for the start. A platform where guys are putting feature after feature and working on a dozen different projects is already there, it is called NXT. We should find our own USP. And until now I thought it is the " simple for everybody" thing

4. eco system
What does this mean? There is no ecosystem, we don´t have a coin yet. And honestly why should we start marketing and then tell the people to wait until NOVEMBER, maybe. That will result in diappointment. WE NEED THE COIN FIRST.
Besides that I am not a coder. But who can work on Fiat-gateways, etc. if there is no coin yet.

I think we shouldn´t walk the NXT way. Just build an solid coin, release it. Choose the most important project, work on it, release, and so on.
And we should focus on the easy to use thing. easy mobile app, easy wallet, easy payment. one click. intuitive.

And I don´t see a reason to build a decentralized marketplace. There are already plenty of it. And in NOVEMBER!!!!! (I hope the launch will be much earlier) there will be more marketplaces.

I hope this lack of a clear strategy is just based on my missing information and not of devs missing plans.

Don´t get me wrong, I am keen on NEM, I bought stakes at the ae, and I am not going to sell them. I am not pushing to dump, but I am pushing cause the hype around NEM is decreasing and a lot of project are coming. Time is working against us.

xtester

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:40:37 PM

One hour left. Already feel happy the logo discussion is almost over.

It will be great to see NEM with a new logo and branding package which Loi will immediately start to work on.  Smiley
xtester

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

Logo voting has finally ended, we will announce results shortly.

Just waiting for kodtycoon or rockethead to come online.
Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:15:19 PM

great news!!

Good logo too!!

xtester

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:18:49 PM

I am proud to present the logo voting results.  

It was a narrow contest but the winner is the Fan logo with 53% of the votes.  

Results can be seen in the link provided here: Logo Vote Results

Thanks for the update kod.

Just so people know, our designer, Loi, will start working on a professional branding package to be used along with the new official logo across all our platforms. So during the following weeks we will focus on updating/filtering/simplifying information on our threads OP, establishing our brand and spreading some quality press releases about NEM in the media.

Will post some more details as we make progress.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:35:47 PM

August 8 and August 11 not far into the future.  NEM to hit $1500?  NxT and AE is going to the moon soon.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 11:37:50 PM

I think both logos were very good. I'm glad we have a designer like Loi working with us.
It took half a year, but I think we have an excellent logo now!  Cheesy Thank you, tomoe, for your service... Cry

Now that this is decided, let's work together to try to build NEM and create a movement for global monetary change!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: