Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984111 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 11:34:28 PM

Guys, where can I get some help with the redemption?

I am stuck at creating a new NEM address, when I try to start the webclient at http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/ java window pops up for a few seconds then closes. I am on firefox, have tried both 32 and 64bit java versions, tried chrome, tried it on my linux partition, tried it on another computer Sad. Also tried installing the offline client, I get a nice shortcut on the desktop that when started does nothing Sad

Please help.

If nothing else works, download the .tgz standalone (http://bob.nem.ninja/), untar it, and run nis/ncc from your console.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 11:35:22 PM

@andme: this is the thread with the poll you are looking for:
https://forum.nemcoin.com/ideas/nem-silver-coin-for-all-stakeholders/

So will these silver coins be in addition to the normal stake? So each stakeholder will receive 2,250,000 NEM coins AND 1 NEMSilver asset?

Yes, it is a gift to all nemsters in addition to their 1/4000th of NEM (NEM stake) for waiting so long for launch and to celebrate the birth of the NEW ECONOMY Cheesy

So this silver coin isn't a coin representing x amount of NEM - it's just a silver coin with the words 'New Economy Movement' etched on it?

What's to stop someone copying the design?

Regardless, it's awesome Smiley

Anyone can copy it, but it is pure silver, so not easy to copy.

Also the coin will have latent image technology embedded in it, so it will not be easy to counterfeit.

Sounds great! One last question... is the design on the coin final?

Nope, the design is not final. I think the front of the coin won't change much, but the back will be changed. Also, the words Proof-of-Importance will be put on the back. I think we'll use the back of the coin to explain the POI algorithm graphically.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
AmusedClam84

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 11:36:40 PM

So will these silver coins be in addition to the normal stake? So each stakeholder will receive 2,250,000 NEM coins AND 1 NEMSilver asset?

Yes, it is a gift to all nemsters in addition to their 1/4000th of NEM (NEM stake) for waiting so long for launch and to celebrate the birth of the NEW ECONOMY Cheesy

So this silver coin isn't a coin representing x amount of NEM - it's just a silver coin with the words 'New Economy Movement' etched on it?

Also the coin will have latent image technology embedded in it, so it will not be easy to counterfeit.

Nope, the design is not final. I think the front of the coin won't change much, but the back will be changed. Also, the words Proof-of-Importance will be put on the back. I think we'll use the back of the coin to explain the POI algorithm graphically.

That sounds interesting! Can't wait. How does one go about getting a gold one?
HomerS

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 11:38:05 PM

discussion had 537 pages

http://destroyerhistory.org/assets/fletcherclass/537thesullivans_buffalo01_small.jpg
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 11:43:40 PM

That sounds interesting! Can't wait. How does one go about getting a gold one?

You can buy a gold coin on the NXT AE here: https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/market/4280260188071460715
(prices will go up after today).

You can also buy as per instructions on http://altnemo.com/

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
KLONE::Vader

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:25:22 AM

Hi makoto,

may i decide to get gold instead of silver bonus or do i have to trade the silvertokens on AE to change it to gold after launch?

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 07:47:00 AM

Hi makoto,

may i decide to get gold instead of silver bonus or do i have to trade the silvertokens on AE to change it to gold after launch?

Sorry, but that would be too complicated (we have to handle about 2000 stakeholders here, so doing lots of special cases makes it too easy to make errors).

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:49:17 AM

Hi makoto,

Sorry, but that would be too complicated (we have to handle about 2000 stakeholders here, so doing lots of special cases makes it too easy to make errors).

Not to mention that then obviously everyone would want gold and that would be quite expensive.

patmast3r

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 08:07:23 AM

https://forum.nemcoin.com/nem-news-alerts/redemption-being-extended-again/

vytasz7

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 08:51:15 AM

it looks that we have a new EXOCOIN with endless delays
KLONE::Vader

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 08:53:33 AM

Hi makoto,

Not to mention that then obviously everyone would want gold and that would be quite expensive.
pat... your answer is not really clever... ^^

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 08:55:03 AM

they wrote "We will - for now - not give a new deadline. We have to know when exactly we launch first. We realize that this will probably make people on the AE trade even longer - nothing we can do about that. "

argh, i don't understand why.
vytasz7

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:23:31 AM

they wrote "We will - for now - not give a new deadline. We have to know when exactly we launch first. We realize that this will probably make people on the AE trade even longer - nothing we can do about that. "

I still hold some NEM stakes on AE and i am not going to redeem  them before the last day of redemption period ,because of these delays.
patmast3r

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:25:18 AM

I still hold some NEM stakes on AE and i am not going to redeem  them before the last day of redemption period ,because of these delays.

And how is it an advantage to have it on the AE ?
You realize that these delayes are partially decided because people keep them until the last minute possible ?

vytasz7

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:28:56 AM

I still hold some NEM stakes on AE and i am not going to redeem  them before the last day of redemption period ,because of these delays.

You realize that these delayes are partially decided because people keep them until the last minute possible ?

advantage is that i can sell it anytime i want and not be dependant on  NEM launch date ,which could easily be next year
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:53:17 AM

I still hold some NEM stakes on AE and i am not going to redeem  them before the last day of redemption period ,because of these delays.

advantage is that i can sell it anytime i want and not be dependant on  NEM launch date ,which could easily be next year

Yes i think its good, as i ideally would like to be able to trade them on the AE right up to the day before launch. Ive still kept mine on the AE

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
McDoxy1

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:05:47 AM

Well for me it doesn't really matter because I never had my stake on the AE and I don't want to sell it.

But I can understand when people are upset about this. People already have a lot of experience with deadlines being pushed back again and again, and by having their stake on the AE it minimizes their risk because they have the ability to get out if things start looking bad.

Extending the deadline might not bring the effect you are hoping for because people want to keep trading until the last minute.
patmast3r

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:08:01 AM

Well for me it doesn't really matter because I never had my stake on the AE and I don't want to sell it.

But I can understand when people are upset about this. People already have a lot of experience with deadlines being pushed back again and again, and by having their stake on the AE it minimizes their risk because they have the ability to get out if things start looking bad.

Extending the deadline might not bring the effect you are hoping for because people want to keep trading until the last minute.

The only effect we're really hoping for is a perfect launch with 4 exchanges and a perfectly working network.
If people want to trade until deadline - 1 sec it's their business.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 10:08:27 AM

The next deadline that is set won't be extended. Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:12:25 AM

how many exchanges can NEM be listed?
it seems so hot in btt.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
Pages: « 1 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: