Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:34:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:20:13 AM

Good day. How to extract this coin?
read the OP carefully, there is the guideline to do this.
or you can buy some tokens in AE.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 08:34:49 AM

jkoil, you are not making any sense at all.
Just like the other disgruntled user, you accuse of fud, while you dont even understand half of the conversation.

Of course it is easy to make such a change, noone denied such a thing.

A whole lot of users are not accepting THE REASONING behind the change.
And since (the last month?) only 30-35 accounts agreed with it.

Dismissing the rest and saying that they (the 35) have more say than the 3000+ is utter nonsense and you seem to be defending them.

So tell me, wise jkoil, you who asked a month ago, and know so much of the distribution process,
DO YOU have a reasonable argument as to why make such a change, except for the extra coins you will receive?
(the groupthink is strong with this one, i said it before_i say it again)

While I agree that we shouldn't double the supply I do not agree with your reasoning.
A very small part of the stakehodlers agreed to the change that is correct. However all of them had the chance to vote and the ones that don't bother to vote are people who shouldn't be considered. The majority of people who give a flying fart about that topic are in favor of that change. We may have thousands of stakeholders but the community is a lot smaller than that so you can't reason that not all of the thousands of people voted and so the result is dismissable.

I'd actually like to bring the idea of a very minor inflation of below 1% payed out as block rewards back on the table.
Why is that such a bad thing ? Inflation is being portraied as pure evil but a very minor inflation can be a good thing especially if it's used to strengthen the network.
it depends on the source of inflation and where/who the New coins go to.

If you mean rewarding nodes that are securing the network and using sock stakes for this that is an exceptional idea and I'm 100% for that.,

If you mean just a bot making transactions with x nem as a fee in each block then I don't see the issue here eitwe as long as it isn't an over the top reward. It would have to be a trivial amount. 1% per year is trivial when considering that many nations have 3-5/6% inflation, possibly more. And bitcoin having a vastly 10%. Inflation under the correct circumstances is very healthy for the economyname does promotw

Using sock stakes for that wouldn't mean any inflation as those coins already exist at nemesis.
What I'm talking about is using an inflation of <1% per year for paying people that are running nodes.
Not even as block rewards but as node rewards. So even people with a very very small importance have an incentive to run a node. At some random time some random node will get a reward if he's harvesting. No matter what his importance. All that matter is that he is harvesting at that time. Since nobody knows the time you can't just turn on your node at "reward time" to join the pool.

Of course there are prob some kinks that need ironing out but imho this wouldn't be a bad idea.

This a really amazing idea to me.  I figured out that if there are 4 billion coins that 0.1% inflation per year could go as a node reward no problem, possibly even more.  I think nobody can really get upset about a tenth of a percent of inflation.  The plus side is that would be just a little over 10,000 NEM a day.    If the amount of coins is 8 billion, then that number goes up to 20,000 NEM a day.  This actually is a kind of nice amount of NEM.

I think the best way is that once a day, always at a random time that nobody can know, a network sweep is done for nodes and that 10,000-20,000 NEM is divided equally between all nodes, rich or poor, all alike would get a reward. I could even easily double those numbers and not even think twice about it.  This could also dramatically cut down on the whole "faucet" thing.  Instead of people going to some website and going through silly motions or putting a silly signature on their profile, they can just leave a very lightweight client running in the background and get free coins.  

For instance, I once checked into NXT and found out they usually have less that 200 hallmarked nodes at any time (hallmarked nodes are the ones your really need because while anybody can forge, only hallmarked nodes support the network).  One reason for that is that in NXT making a hallmarked node is very difficult and only really for the more advanced techies.  But in NEM getting the node to be hallmarked is like 10 times easier (still took me a bit to figure out and took many tries, some clear guides with pictures and steps on how to open ports on different popular firewalls and routers would go a long way to making it much easier).  It would be sooooooooo awesome to say that NEM on week one had more nodes up and going than NXT.  And what would the cost be? Very very little in the way of inflation.  

If I had to give it a name, I would call it proof-of-support.  

I can tell you right now for a fact 100%, that if I could have gotten 20-100 NXT a day just for leaving a client going, I would have had it running in the background of my computer all the time, anytime I had the computer on.  I also would have been much, much, much, more active in their community.  After a long time in NXT, I forged three blocks, all for 0 fees.  Made me so frustrated I turned it off and started looking at their forum far less.  How many more people were like me?  NXT's system is set up in a way where the rich just get richer.  We have a chance do do something about that here and give regular people a chance to become something too, especially if they are in on NEM early.  

One of my majors in university was Psychology.  It has been proven time and time again, if you get people to do a little something for you, they are more invested in you and will do a big something later on.  This is one of the oldest tricks of manipulators around the world.  New religious movements do it constantly.  Those people that come knocking on your door trying to convert you, the church doesn't send them out to your house for your salvation.  The church sends them out to your house to solidify the faith of the person knocking.  That is why there are always two, an established church member and a newbie.  The newbie by knocking on the doors becomes soooo invested in the church that they are much much more likely to give the church money later.  

The Mormoms famously send out all their young for two years to proselytize.  After this intense experience, they are much more likely to not ever leave the church but instead more likely to donate money to it.  It is one of the richest churches in the world because of this despite being so small (I have another degree in world religions).

My point is, if we can get people running NEM in the background, they will be much more likely to follow our posts, join the community, and even contribute more.  A very small inflation of less than one percent given to people that support NEM would actually make NEM much more valuable, not less valuable.  

I support this idea 100%.

I like the idea of some inflation, but the community was against that overall. Taunsew raised a good point that there will be inflation created from the use of colored coins. If we want to support the network, we should do so by creating a colored coin and not just creating more NEM, IMHO.

Also, as the two polls agreed for the last month, I am pretty sure will just double the amount of NEM at launch. It is something that takes a few seconds to do and will not affect the launch schedule. Based on analysis of the market, it will help NEM to reach a higher market cap and that will attract more people to NEM. It's only a positive thing with no downside at all.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 08:41:09 AM

Regarding supporting nodes, one internal proposal has been to take around half of the NEM stakes taken from socks and use those to randomly give out to people running nodes supporting the network. Given at a constant rate, we have a plan that will support the network for 3 years, after which time hopefully the transaction fees will be high enough in harvested blocks that people will want to run nodes to try to harvest.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:59:07 AM

make it 80 billion, just in case ...  Roll Eyes

... and don't forget to change it later ...
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 10:09:44 AM

make it 80 billion, just in case ...  Roll Eyes

... and don't forget to change it later ...

80 billion is not a bad idea!

I think if we have 80 billion coins, our market cap will likely be about twice what it would have been if we kept the coins at 4 billion. Check this out: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2531.msg6776#msg6776

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
mjrmac

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:23:30 AM

I think switching to 8 billion is a good idea. It might confuse some people with the amount change and yes some people will be upset, but oh well. I think its going to boost the market cap by a lot. Its all about the numbers. Its about what price people see on the exchange sites. With the illusion that its cheap it should bring in more buy support. 100 satoshis a coin looks twice as good as 200 sats. Attention is usually focused more on price than total supply anyway. Also it should help with hoarding coins by making it psychologically easier for holders to part from them. Someone is more likely to give up 100k nem of 2 million coins vs 50k nem of the amount of 1 million. "That shiny pretty 1M coin stash isn't complete anymore Sad"  VS "I'm still holding 900k along with a whole 1 million, whoo!"

Just check the amount of the coins in top 10 in CMC.......

Exactly, the top coins are in the millions, not billions.

Currently, there are 13.4 million bitcoins, and it seems to be doing ok.

If anything, I'd rather see a lot less nemcoins, more like 4 million, instead of 4 billion. I fear we're diluting it's value.

Just my two cents.

Interesting, can you provide the precise facts?
Too often this kind of major info is only covered with own hard beliefs.

I have thought that Ripple and Doge have a lot lot lot more than other coins. How is it?
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:35:19 AM

Hello.

I have voted for 8 billion NEM.
Why the people that thinks this will lower the value of NEM haven't voted or
proposed to have 4 NEM in total. According to this logic NEM should
be the most valuable crypto coin if there are only 4 NEM in circulation.
or even if there are all 4 nem in one account.

Do you people think that the value of a coin comes out only from the number of the coins?
Don't you thinks that the value comes out of the usage of the coin?

SO tell me why should I buy NEM which is expensive because there are only few?!
Tell me for what can I use NEM for?

Can i buy gas? NO
Can i buy food ? NO
Can i buy clothes ? NO
Can i pay the bills ? NO
Then what is it for what can i do with NEM and from where the value comes out?

Have you people asked yourself this questions?
Have you asked what can I do to make NEM valuable.
Don't you think that  the value of NEM will increase when the answers to the above questions
will be all YES?

I'm in favor for inflation from 0.1% to 1% maximum but this depends of coin usage
and the economy expansion. And if NEM will be successful wide adopted
and used like currency then inflation is inevitable to keep more stable price.

But if the things are like Makoto mentioned that the inflation can be generated out colored coins also then
we should not have inflation in NEM beacsue this will increase inflation even more.

mjrmac

Activity: 86

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:39:57 AM

Hello.

I have voted for 8 billion NEM.
Why the people that thinks this will lower the value of NEM haven't voted or
proposed to have 4 NEM in total. According to this logic NEM should
be the most valuable crypto coin if there are only 4 NEM in circulation.
or even if there are all 4 nem in one account.

Do you people think that the value of a coin comes out only from the number of the coins?
Don't you thinks that the value comes out of the usage of the coin?

SO tell me why should I buy NEM which is expensive because there are only few?!
Tell me for what can I use NEM for?

Can i buy gas? NO
Can i buy food ? NO
Can i buy clothes ? NO
Can i pay the bills ? NO
Then what is it for what can i do with NEM and from where the value comes out?

Have you people asked yourself this questions?
Have you asked what can I do to make NEM valuable.
Don't you think that  the value of NEM will increase when the answers to the above questions
will be all YES?

I'm in favor for inflation from 0.1% to 1% maximum but this depends of coin usage
and the economy expansion. And if NEM will be successful wide adopted
and used like currency then inflation is inevitable to keep more stable price.

But if the things are like Makoto mentioned that the inflation can be generated out colored coins also then
we should not have inflation in NEM beacsue this will increase inflation even more.

+1.

What is the value of 42?  High? Low?
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:56:06 AM

Make it 8 trillion. Grin

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 11:02:23 AM

So now when's the official launch? Official Launch was slated for late October, it's now 1/3 into November and still no launch?
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:10:25 AM

Make it 8 trillion. Grin

Yes I'm for it,
when the human population in universe reaches that number!
1 NEM for every one! Wink

Hey devs have you predicted in the code an interplanetary and inter galactic
block chain syncing  i mean between Earth Moon and Mars for now and later to Sirius?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwoS1EcTvKI

NEM to da SIRIUS!!!!

bluedude

Activity: 714

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:10:38 AM

Make it 8 trillion. Grin
+1 The market cap could be even better Smiley
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 11:21:02 AM

So now when's the official launch? Official Launch was slated for late October, it's now 1/3 into November and still no launch?

Launch will be when our system is ready. We really need more people to test and help use it.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:45:04 AM

What's wrong with 10 Billion?
nottrulyevil

Activity: 89

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:23:25 PM

There are ~4k stakes. So 10 billion wouldn't give the stake holders as nice of a number of coins as 4 or 8 billion would.

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  Fairly distributed
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 12:27:27 PM

Nothing wrong with 10 billion.

It should just be a sufficiently large number:
https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2531.msg6776#msg6776

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 12:35:21 PM

Regarding supporting nodes, one internal proposal has been to take around half of the NEM stakes taken from socks and use those to randomly give out to people running nodes supporting the network. Given at a constant rate, we have a plan that will support the network for 3 years, after which time hopefully the transaction fees will be high enough in harvested blocks that people will want to run nodes to try to harvest.

Three years is enough to bootstrap this project.

Legko

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:36:52 PM

Good day. How to extract this coin?
read the OP carefully, there is the guideline to do this.
or you can buy some tokens in AE.
Thanks
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:58:12 PM

regarding inflation....

I think this isn't something we're giong to be able to settle until launch. We should think about it very carefully and maybe get a few experts opinions on the matter. Inflation as we see it currently in the "real world" are bad - no doubt. But that's because it's controlled by goverments and banksters. A controlled very minor inflation shouldn't be compared to that imho.

If anyone knows some actually experts on the matter - bring 'em Smiley

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 01:06:19 PM

It would be nice to hear from an expert, not people like myself who just read a few blogs and saw some tv shows. Hahaha. A person with a PhD in here would be nice. I have a friend but he is all about a different branch of numbers.  He's a real math genius though. But just completely socially awkward so he's always the outsider.

Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: