Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:01:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:23:32 PM

Inflation can be thought of as an increase in money supply without a corresponding increase in demand. There are 384,000 people born every day in the world. How about creating one NEM for each new person and rewarding nodes with those new NEM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:33:12 PM

Hello.

I have voted for 8 billion NEM.
Why the people that thinks this will lower the value of NEM haven't voted or
proposed to have 4 NEM in total. According to this logic NEM should
be the most valuable crypto coin if there are only 4 NEM in circulation.
or even if there are all 4 nem in one account.

Do you people think that the value of a coin comes out only from the number of the coins?
Don't you thinks that the value comes out of the usage of the coin?

SO tell me why should I buy NEM which is expensive because there are only few?!
Tell me for what can I use NEM for?

Can i buy gas? NO
Can i buy food ? NO
Can i buy clothes ? NO
Can i pay the bills ? NO
Then what is it for what can i do with NEM and from where the value comes out?

Have you people asked yourself this questions?
Have you asked what can I do to make NEM valuable.
Don't you think that  the value of NEM will increase when the answers to the above questions
will be all YES?

I'm in favor for inflation from 0.1% to 1% maximum but this depends of coin usage
and the economy expansion. And if NEM will be successful wide adopted
and used like currency then inflation is inevitable to keep more stable price.

But if the things are like Makoto mentioned that the inflation can be generated out colored coins also then
we should not have inflation in NEM beacsue this will increase inflation even more.

hi, I vote for 8 billion NEM, too.
in fact , any way is good.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:57:03 PM

So here is an idea for the breakdown of NEM. I took the idea of how they came up with the metric system(using measurements of the earth as a basis) and applied it to a monetary system(using human population as a basis).

Total NEM- 8 Billion
NEM for stakes- 7.125 Billion(World Population)
NEM for items as discussed in this thread-https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2501.0- 875 Million
Inflation for Node payments- 384k/day (number of new humans born each day)
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 03:07:39 PM

So now when's the official launch? Official Launch was slated for late October, it's now 1/3 into November and still no launch?

If you have made your coin claim  then you have no worries. Come back here in December and check if it is launched by then.
Appleanimal

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 04:49:16 PM

When will be next newsletter?

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 04:54:37 PM

So now when's the official launch? Official Launch was slated for late October, it's now 1/3 into November and still no launch?

If you have made your coin claim  then you have no worries. Come back here in December and check if it is launched by then.

Your OP says still that you are launching in early NOV and it also says this info can change, what it didn't say is we will evade the question and ask people to guess the new dates, poor attitude. This coin is slowly becoming the coin that never was.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
nembit86

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:28:21 PM

Make it 8 trillion. Grin
+1 The market cap could be even better Smiley

Thats a high number....lol.......

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
nembit86

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:34:57 PM

I read somewhere that Gold has inflation of about 1 % per year....if NEM were to have inflation it should be no greater than this number.......      0.5%  would reward the running of nodes very nicely in the long run no?

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:42:42 PM

I read somewhere that Gold has inflation of about 1 % per year....if NEM were to have inflation it should be no greater than this number.......      0.5%  would reward the running of nodes very nicely in the long run no?

I should think that's impossible. Where did you read that ?

nembit86

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:50:29 PM

Ok....I seem to be the only one on here at the moment.........I propose.....

1. 8 billion coins.
2. 0.5 % inflation for node rewarding
3. Sockpuppet accounts to fund Altnemo and Silver initiative.
4. Unclaimed stakes to fund Venture fund for Nemsters

All in agreement say AYE..........and thats it FINITO..... Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

nembit86

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:52:31 PM

What do you mean impossible?..... Production is on average 1% of total amount above ground per year.

apullman

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:57:18 PM

Why is www.getgems.org using the NEM background?

We should get a NEM article into these sites:
www.cryptoarticles.com
www.cryptobizmagazine.com
www.coin-network.com
www.altcoinherald.com
www.cryptocoinsnews.com
www.coinfinance.com
www.altcointoday.com
www.bitcoinmagazine.com
www.bitcoinist.net
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:57:48 PM

I read somewhere that Gold has inflation of about 1 % per year....if NEM were to have inflation it should be no greater than this number.......      0.5%  would reward the running of nodes very nicely in the long run no?

What do you mean impossible?..... Production is on average 1% of total amount above ground per year.

There is a limited supply of gold on our planet. So unless someone has found a way to create gold out of somethin else gold can hardly be subject to inflation.
Of course if we're assuming that the price is affected by how much gold is actually on the market...hmmm...maybe?

nembit86

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:05:13 PM

There is a limited supply of gold on our planet. So unless someone has found a way to create gold out of somethin else Gold can hardly be subject to inflation.

I agree with you that in the long run it will get harder and harder to get that 1% but because of better technology over the years the industry has still managed to increase total amount of Gold above ground by 1% per year .

nembit86

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:19:40 PM

I read somewhere that Gold has inflation of about 1 % per year....if NEM were to have inflation it should be no greater than this number.......      0.5%  would reward the running of nodes very nicely in the long run no?

There is a limited supply of gold on our planet. So unless someone has found a way to create gold out of somethin else gold can hardly be subject to inflation.
Of course if we're assuming that the price is affected by how much gold is actually on the market...hmmm...maybe?

Im only talking about physical gold being produced yearly. Talking about Gold price is a completely different subject.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:16:47 PM

Was I dreaming or is there a link where you can check the status of your redemption?

you were not dreaming.. Smiley https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered

Just 834 addresses?

Came on guys! What are you waiting for???

this is really unbelievable! There are some many people that want a stake...and other people who seems really don't care Sad

I lost my chances by missing the 3 week phase 1 period by being 1 day too late. The PM with the token/code should've really stated that it's valid only for 3 weeks.

I don't even understand what's the point of these different phases anyway, why not just launch the coin, and then send the coins.  Huh
Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:18:31 PM

Man no more joking around. make  22 the deadline for crying out loud. if they dont want to
redeem then tax them. what makes them so special to hold everyone else up. I mean come on. Sorry if I seem like im complaining but it's time that we get firm on the deadline.

Agree to this. They are being given more than enough time. If they do not use this then it shows they are not interested and are not contributing to this.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nembit86

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:24:04 PM

Man no more joking around. make  22 the deadline for crying out loud. if they dont want to
redeem then tax them. what makes them so special to hold everyone else up. I mean come on. Sorry if I seem like im complaining but it's time that we get firm on the deadline.

Agree to this. They are being given more than enough time. If they do not use this then it shows they are not interested and are not contributing to this.

I agree in principle but some guys have struggled with technical details so another 1 week of waiting wont kill us. At least we will be able to say to fudsters that we DID extend the deadline for folk.

There is still a big number of stakeholders on the Nxt AE and I will be surprised if they all transfer stakes in time.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 11:23:38 PM

I agree in principle but some guys have struggled with technical details so another 1 week of waiting wont kill us. At least we will be able to say to fudsters that we DID extend the deadline for folk.

There is still a big number of stakeholders on the Nxt AE and I will be surprised if they all transfer stakes in time.

It's important to give everyone a chance.

Those who are complaining about delays should probably help:

1) Test the beta
2) Spread the word to tell people to redeem their stakes

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 01:36:03 AM

Your OP says still that you are launching in early NOV and it also says this info can change, what it didn't say is we will evade the question and ask people to guess the new dates, poor attitude. This coin is slowly becoming the coin that never was.

The decision to launch and postpone the launch may depend on some critical tests.
A test cycle may take 2 - 4 days Smiley   (just guessing here with worst case scenarios...)
That may cause the delays in updating the page 1's schedule Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: