Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:43:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:34:18 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 12:55:42 AM by hvezdasmrti

I know that but i dont say anything about implementing inflation to the NEM, i have meant the inflation made by accepting few more NEMsters on board from other communities.

NEM just needs to offer something else to people to point attraction. Technical way is one thing, but it doesnt mean much. 4000 adopters is also a good thing but we are all from one sided community of "early adopters forever". I still didnt find anything big what will bring NEM to masses and will really work. The last pages about unimportant question how many pieces of NEMcake should be issued are not solving anything.

The idea with melting down some part of "bonus" to other coins just by accepting them for NEM like an "IPO 2.0" may create some movement and interest. People will not be able to cry about distribution and it may retake some valuable communities with invaluable "coins"

IDEA /dont take it finally, just an idea/:

1) make some valuable community able to join NEM, e. g. trough coloured coins by IPO spreading up some part (not defining, just idea) of unclaimed bonus

2) people will get some NEMs for the amount of dogecoins/xyzcoins collected maybe with some stamp of their origin just for fun and statistics

3) the collected (shit)coins may be dumped for e. g. bitcoin and NEM bought for that BTC amount and destroyed (just to give NEM a real value), or held in blockchain just as a hostage or just anything

It will maybe cost some value and create some inflation, because there will be more NEMsters, but it will allow NEM to represent more than itself.

If done smart and with better description and words than this my plain idea, it may be a big success.

In Pump and Dump we trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 12:35:22 AM

"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers."

Richard Feynman

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:38:46 AM

You have been warned :
talking about too big numbers  crashed  forum.nemcoin.com

: - /

... or was it only for me Smiley
KickAzzDude

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:45:57 AM

Stupid question maybe, but when I launch NEM monitor, do I use any name for the wallet when I create one? Do I Need to keep this info?

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:49:11 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 12:59:31 AM by jkoil

Stupid question maybe, but when I launch NEM monitor, do I use any name for the wallet when I create one? Do I Need to keep this info?

I have not tried an empty name: that would produce a wallet file .wlt  ...
Maybe the GUI checks that there must be some name.
After the wallet is created, the NEM Community Client  - NCC, remembers the names and show them, when you next time click 'Open the wallet'. Then is selected the wallet and entered the password for it.
The password must be remembered.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 01:01:17 AM

This name is only stored locally, so please call it whatever you want. You should remember your password.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
sevenyears26

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:13:24 AM

A supply in the billions was once controversial until it was popularized by Doge, NXT and Ripple.  Now many coins come out with a supply in the billions.   It could very well be the case that a supply in the trillions will work better but we don't know as nobody has taken the initiative to try it.  

I think from an international perspective the international monetary supply is around $20 trillion and then derivative, assets and other things do add up to $500 trillion to $1 quadrillion.  So having a NEM supply at 800 - 888 trillion does fit that global scale.

I think it would also work better for tipping.   Doge used to get a lot of interest as people were tipping each other millions of coins but nobody does this anymore because 1 million Doge = $200+ and you aren't going to tip a stranger $200 bucks+.  People don't get as excited over a free 10,000 coins anymore.   This change would mean each stake would get around 250 billion NEM each and that is a lot of tipping millions.  It is a psychological thing but many people like the sound of millions and billions.

I don't think the motivation from anybody here is to cause a riot or a meltdown.  I think we have to remember we are still in the innovation phase.  The user base of this digital currency technology is only 500K-2M people when the internet in 1989 had up to 3 million.  We should always be trying to take every unprecedented initiative we can with the hopes of introducing this technology to more people.  One form of that, I guess, could be "much NEM much wow" where new users are lured in by receiving millions of coins.

We could update the NEM gold and silver coins to have much more impressive numbers!

I'm up in the air about the max coins available, but in my opinion our stakes shouldn't be increased any more over 2 million. The problem with Doge in my opinion is that too many people have way too many coins.

Do you mean that for one person should not be given more than 2 millions?
 ... or 1 NEMstake <= 2 million NEMcoins ?

If yes, then you may be right.
We may not perceive the big numbers well enough. With cryptocurrencies can be used a "helper": translate the coin amounts to dollar/euro/localCurrency values Smiley    ... until crypto become more valuable.
(Ofc, one can say that if someone has 4000 000 dollars, he can afford to go "little bit nuts" and give 10 000 dollars to everyone, who walks on the same street with him  Smiley )

http://spacecollective.org/TheUndying/5970/Big-numbers-and-the-human-mind

Yes that's what I meant.

Nem Beta: TAQJE7-B37VGQ-HX7JBK-LTBAG7-D7BZUJ-YTO4IP-LLEF
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:33:28 AM

REDEEM YOUR AE Stakes & BTT Stakes BEFORE NOVEMBER 22, 2014

CHEERS GUYS

Devs forgive me I'm not spamming. Just simply being the reminder.

*** Bumpin' ***
schnidl

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

POS killed the POW-star

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:18:01 AM

This name is only stored locally, so please call it whatever you want. You should remember your password.

What if my computer crashes and the wallet is gone? How can i reproduce it?
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:33:54 AM

save your wallet NAME from your NCC folder in a usb along with you private key. and public key if you wish. Save it in multiple usb if you want to be safer.  it's all you need to get you NEMz back. Concur with me DEVS? did is get it right? Smiley

PS: your password as well
arniebaby

Activity: 279

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:31:56 AM

save your wallet NAME from your NCC folder in a usb along with you private key. and public key if you wish. Save it in multiple usb if you want to be safer.  it's all you need to get you NEMz back. Concur with me DEVS? did is get it right? Smiley

Maybe not save everything on the same USB key! It may make it rather valuable to the finder or thief!!

NARNIE-YYITR3-V6BVJ7-GGR5EO-GRIZZ2-WEMD4A-AAUD
NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:34:11 AM

Maybe not save everything on the same USB key! It may make it rather valuable to the finder or thief!!

besthing should be to only stored the wallet-file (it's encrypted).
You'll need the password but you can keep that in a password-manager or alike.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 07:52:55 AM

It has been proposed to give a NEM silver coin to every stake holder (including NXT AE NEMstake holders, but excluding dev/marketing/ecosystem stakes).

Join the discussion!
https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2667.0

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
yippee

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:59:40 AM

Hi guys - sorry to double post (I'm nembot on nem forum )
just pretty keen to get this sorted & redeem my AE 0.1 NEMstake before I run out of time, have been trying hard for a week or two & running into a brick wall, probably some incompatibility, if anyone has worked through this & has any tips I'd be very grateful - thanks:

Hi all

Since buying 0.1 Nemstake on SAE about 3 weeks ago I've read all the threads I have found on BTT, here, NXT forum etc and really tried to help myself rather than come for help without making an effort.

BUT I am totally stumped, have been for about 10 days with about 3 major attempts in between work commitments & just cannot get the local node to boot.  I'm on a Mac & have downloaded NIS & NCC after ensuring Java version correct, (several times, clearing cache etc).  

I deleted everything a couple of times, recleared cache, followed software instructions on wiki to unpack & load NIS/NCC using the terminal windows & still doesn't seem to be working.  NOM opens ok & detects the wallet I create, but then when I open the wallet I have problems booting the local node.

I'm actually a pretty tech-y guy just not that computer savvy.  Only a year on mac after 20 yrs on PCs isn't helping.  I'm certainly not on the latest linux distro, wouldn't know where to start.  Just Mac OSX Mavericks & native cunning but that is running out now, at 01.30 trying to sort this out again.  Really appreciate any pointers.

So yeah I'm on a mac and can load up NOM/NIS/NCC, make a wallet, even able to generate real account information etc but just totally unable to boot a local node - I get "oops, error 306..." as shown in the attached screen grab.

EDIT: No pics on BTT - text on error message reads (exactly):  

OOPS! Error 306
An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen.  
Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help.  
Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM/NIC/NCC community

This occurs when I try booting from within the wallet and when I enable auto boot.

DO I need to enable/disable something?  Is Safari as the browser the problem?

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated

jk
arniebaby

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:03:42 AM

On the subject of security, I'm not sure I'm happy with the client remaining not just running but logged on unless you actively log off. If I close the NCC tab without logging off I i can then undo the close tab and find NCC running and still logged in. As would anybody else hopping on to my computer after me! Will these little things be tightened up for full release? As someone who had a decent number of coins stolen in the early days of NXT I'd rather go overboard with security than under!!

patmast3r

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:13:21 AM

On the subject of security, I'm not sure I'm happy with the client remaining not just running but logged on unless you actively log off. If I close the NCC tab without logging off I i can then undo the close tab and find NCC running and still logged in. As would anybody else hopping on to my computer after me! Will these little things be tightened up for full release? As someone who had a decent number of coins stolen in the early days of NXT I'd rather go overboard with security than under!!

There's alway a security/convenience balance you have to find. Like everywhere you have to log-off to be logged-off. Other people might find it convinient to have NCC ready to go all the time. If you leave your computer and leave NCC running at all it's a security risk as your private key might still exist somewhere inside the RAM.

I guess it would be possible to use certain events/hooks to execute a logout...

arniebaby

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:17:24 AM

save your wallet NAME from your NCC folder in a usb along with you private key. and public key if you wish. Save it in multiple usb if you want to be safer.  it's all you need to get you NEMz back. Concur with me DEVS? did is get it right? Smiley

There's alway a security/convenience balance you have to find. Like everywhere you have to log-off to be logged-off. Other people might find it convinient to have NCC ready to go all the time. If you leave your computer and leave NCC running at all it's a security risk as your private key might still exist somewhere inside the RAM.

Hmmmm. If I've hacked of the wife I'm not sure she could find a priv key lurking in ram or know what to do with it if she did but could quite easily undo a tab and screw with my NEM....:-).... I know, don't hack off the wife..!

patmast3r

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:18:35 AM

save your wallet NAME from your NCC folder in a usb along with you private key. and public key if you wish. Save it in multiple usb if you want to be safer.  it's all you need to get you NEMz back. Concur with me DEVS? did is get it right? Smiley

Hmmmm. If I've hacked of the wife I'm not sure she could find a priv key lurking in ram or know what to do with it if she did but could quite easily undo a tab and screw with my NEM....:-).... I know, don't hack off the wife..!

Depends on the wife Smiley
I'll log an improvement ticket on github.

Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:12:11 AM

The Monetary System of NXT will launch soon. This way you can create coins on top of NXT with 2-3 clicks.

You can use these currencies for Tipping, Games, Stores etc.

Quit thinking about the total amount of NEM and why there should be more. NEM is a platform and the 'coin' is the oil that keeps the platform working. Create a similar function for NEM as well and create 1 Trillion NEMcoins on top of it and enjoy!
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:25:41 AM

The Monetary System of NXT will launch soon. This way you can create coins on top of NXT with 2-3 clicks.

You can use these currencies for Tipping, Games, Stores etc.

Quit thinking about the total amount of NEM and why there should be more. NEM is a platform and the 'coin' is the oil that keeps the platform working. Create a similar function for NEM as well and create 1 Trillion NEMcoins on top of it and enjoy!

Pretty much this. As soon as all the features are in place the "coin" will be irrelevant. The important stuff will be what the "coin" features and why one should use it. Several coin have the same features but some will have bugs in it or just won't work correctly. So the nature of the coins will select the strongest ones to survive.  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: