Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:21:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984235 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 04:32:33 PM

When we created the Real account data for the redemption,
then was shown the pub and private key.
After the launch we will use that private key for harvesting with our actual account, right or wrong?

account to which YOU have private key, will be in NEMESIS block and will contain your stake.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
aswritt

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:35:58 PM

I thought this was a moderated thread...

It is wise to know what is moderation and what is censorship Cheesy

lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:42:02 PM

already 1235 users / addresses registered  Cheesy
and still 313,5 non-redeemed stakes on the AE
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 04:42:20 PM

I thought this was a moderated thread...

It is wise to know what is moderation and what is censorship Cheesy

It's enough to look at your post history.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Rich1970

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:30:02 PM

already 1235 users / addresses registered  Cheesy
and still 313,5 non-redeemed stakes on the AE

Subtract one more, just redeemed my stake on the AE. Cool
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:55:25 PM

People have been trying the whole equality approach to economics for quite some time.. it's a beautiful thought but I believe it just doesn't work with how humans behave
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:06:23 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 06:17:59 PM by Thingamajig

People have been trying the whole equality approach to economics for quite some time.. it's a beautiful thought but I believe it just doesn't work with how humans behave

You're right, and i think equality does the opposite of what wealth does - think about it. If everyone had an equal share of something, making them all equally wealthy, they cease to be wealthy - anything considered valuable will be something everyone else lacks. It is very much like communism in a way - lovely on paper, but in practice, it doesn't work because it directly conflicts with the nature of markets, wealth and even human nature, it's why i think such countries that adopt this approach tend to turn totalitarian; because it can't keep human will in check, and it refuses to accommodate to it - this is wrong, markets are there for us, to tailor to us. NOT the other way around.

I think equality on an economic scale just will not work, ever, period. However, in NEM's case it was equality in opportunity - everyone getting a fair chance to invest within acceptable, obtainable means. The initial "Call to participation" did a very good job of this, even after we had Nemstake on the AE. This is what the equality in NEM is about (At least, this is what it appears to me).

HomerS

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:13:13 PM

http://www.ironhorsebrewery.com/images/509Label.jpg
randombit
Legendary

Activity: 1447
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:00:01 PM

my old btt account is hacked by someone ,and i don't remember the nemstake token , how can I get the nem ?
Thanks very much !

You just found this out now?
You don't remember your old BTT account name.
Give more info for the devs to help you out.
Did you pay for your stake, you can use that as proof.
Thanks for you replay!
the account has hacked for 4 monhts ago.
I know my old btt account name , but I don't remember my nemstake token , so I don't how to get the nem without the token.
I can provide the biction address signature to prove that !

Some People has sold their hole BTT Account for some fractions of BTC.  Now,  how the Dev Team get sure that these guys dont try to claim back there sold stack ? which has been official sold for someone else,  the Person which has paid for the BTT account has the official ownership, the old Ownership has still the transaction paying wallet which has been used for the registration in the beginning. If the "old" owner of the BTT account use the transaction paying wallet as proof to get back the stake, its like scamming someone else.

In my opinion, "its in the own hand to take care for security, it is the responsibility of everbody itself to do prevention".

I know it could be easy to be a victim but i think there are people out there who arnt victims and try to scam other after been paid.

apullman

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:34:55 PM

You're right, and i think equality does the opposite of what wealth does - think about it. If everyone had an equal share of something, making them all equally wealthy, they cease to be wealthy - anything considered valuable will be something everyone else lacks. It is very much like communism in a way - lovely on paper, but in practice, it doesn't work because it directly conflicts with the nature of markets, wealth and even human nature, it's why i think such countries that adopt this approach tend to turn totalitarian; because it can't keep human will in check, and it refuses to accommodate to it - this is wrong, markets are there for us, to tailor to us. NOT the other way around.

I think equality on an economic scale just will not work, ever, period. However, in NEM's case it was equality in opportunity - everyone getting a fair chance to invest within acceptable, obtainable means. The initial "Call to participation" did a very good job of this, even after we had Nemstake on the AE. This is what the equality in NEM is about (At least, this is what it appears to me).

Completely agree. NEM's initial distribution was egalitarian, but long term this will yield to the Pareto principle.
The current economic status quo is the richest 20% of the world's population controls 80% of the world's income.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle
http://betterexplained.com/articles/understanding-the-pareto-principle-the-8020-rule/
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:43:13 PM

If the few implementations of communism have failed, it does not prove that the idea is totally wrong.
Currently one of the biggest problems, or the cause to those, is inequality.

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:32:12 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 08:48:31 PM by Thingamajig

If the few implementations of communism have failed, it does not prove that the idea is totally wrong.

True. In fact i recall seeing a documentary of an individual living on a remote island with islanders who basically operated on similar principles of communism. What i took from this documentary was the reason why it worked (and it worked wonderfully) is because of trust - people in close knit communities don't have the issue of trust because they generally know eachother. They can trust not one group or individual is going to be selfish and directly (or indirectly) steal the wealth of the people. In a nutshell, it requires everyone think the same (Hence why if they don't, "force" is required to put them in check - totalitarianism).

When we're talking nations; well, thats a whole different ball game. People are more content to steal and mistreat strangers then they are those they know. After all you "Don't shit where you eat". It's why an elite get the wealth of the majority, and the majority live "equally" piss broke. It's communism gone bad, very bad - just as what we live in today is capitalism gone bad due to dishonest currencies.

For small communities, i think Communism works well, anything bigger - no. Out of the two evils, i'd choose the lesser one; Capitalism, with honest money.
microlovr

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:53:21 PM

Hi,

Looks like I missed phase 1.

Tried to register my token in phase 2 using the guide and got this error...

"That token has not been registered in time. You will need to claim after launch"

Anyone know what I should do? I'll be honest, I've not really been following this very closely.

Any help greatly appreciated.  Grin
Sparky_eMunie

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:59:21 PM

The whole silver coin idea needs to be 100% transparent.

Radix - just imagine - radix.global
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:03:08 PM

If only we could back up the whole Nem amount by Gold or Silver in some way.....even a 10 % backing should make it a very sought after type of money.......would we get the backing of all the Austrian Economists out there?

This is a bad idea. Any form of backing would involve some sort of centralization where the silver/gold certificates are stored. What would follow would be a theft claim and everything would vanish.

Radix - just imagine
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:15:48 PM

True. In fact i recall seeing a documentary of an individual living on a remote island with islanders who basically operated on similar principles of communism. What i took from this documentary was the reason why it worked (and it worked wonderfully) is because of trust - people in close knit communities don't have the issue of trust because they generally know eachother. They can trust not one group or individual is going to be selfish and directly (or indirectly) steal the wealth of the people. In a nutshell, it requires everyone think the same (Hence why if they don't, "force" is required to put them in check - totalitarianism).

When we're talking nations; well, thats a whole different ball game. People are more content to steal and mistreat strangers then they are those they know. After all you "Don't shit where you eat". It's why an elite get the wealth of the majority, and the majority live "equally" piss broke. It's communism gone bad, very bad - just as what we live in today is capitalism gone bad due to dishonest currencies.

For small communities, i think Communism works well, anything bigger - no. Out of the two evils, i'd choose the lesser one; Capitalism, with honest money.

maybe so ...
Tho many e.g. in modern Russia may want Soviet Union back
http://rt.com/politics/soviet-collapse-ussr-poll-059/
It may have been different world than modern capitalism, but still there was something right ...

Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 10:23:29 PM

Just bought 0.1 stake

I suggest that for everyone  Cool

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:32:31 PM

Just bought 0.1 stake

I suggest that for everyone  Cool

How much you paid for it?
How many stakes you have now?
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 11:17:01 PM

Equality of outcome cannot be realized as everyone has different abilities, etc. Equality of opportunity is absolutely essential, though.

Through NEM, we can give everyone an equal opportunity in an economy.

Check out the plans for a manager-less community fund: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2686.msg9646#msg9646

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 11:32:23 PM

Just bought 0.1 stake

I suggest that for everyone  Cool

How much you paid for it?
How many stakes you have now?

I have just 2.2 stakes at the moment. I paid 3900nxt for last the 0.1 and i strongly believe that 100k or 200k of NEM gonna be valued way more than that in 2015.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
Pages: « 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: