Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:19:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984235 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kingbtcvl

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:39:13 AM

two questions:
has a decision conerning giving each stakeholder a silver coin already been made?
what will happen to those people who miss the deadline of redemption on the 22nd? cause i dont think that the remaining 286 stakes will all be redeemed.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 09:52:49 AM

There have been a lot of people wondering about how to set up NEM on a mac.  I can confirm that it does indeed work.  I have written step by step detailed instructions about how I did it. 

Step 1: You will need the developers kit of Java.  Go here and download the version for Mac.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

Step 2: Download the stand alone version of NEM from here http://bob.nem.ninja (get the latest version)

Step 3: unpack the file to the desktop and if done correctly, you should see a folder called “package” on the desktop

Step 4: open terminal and type: cd Desktop/
Step 5: next in terminal type: cd package
Step 6: next in terminal type:  chmod +x nix.runNis.sh && chmod +x nix.runNcc.sh
Step 7: next in terminal type:  ./nix.runNis.sh
If things go correctly, you will see terminal start to get really active.

Step 8: Open up a different and new terminal window and type:  cd Desktop/
Step 9: next in terminal type: cd package
Step 10: next in terminal type: ./nix.runNcc.sh
If it works, terminal will be very active

Step 11: go to http://localhost:8989/ncc/web/index.html
You should see the NEM screen.  You can now create a wallet.  You will have to download the whole blockchain which takes a while.  Post your address and somebody will send you coins.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:54:14 AM

There have been a lot of people wondering about how to set up NEM on a mac.  I can confirm that it does indeed work.  I have written step by step detailed instructions about how I did it. 

Thanks jabo for writing this up !

Are you positive that it only works with jdk and not with jre ?

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 10:13:43 AM

Step 1: You will need the developers kit of Java.  Go here and download the version for Mac.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

Step 2: Download the stand alone version of NEM from here http://bob.nem.ninja (get the latest version)

Step 3: unpack the file to the desktop and if done correctly, you should see a folder called “package” on the desktop

Step 4: open terminal and type: cd Desktop/
Step 5: next in terminal type: cd package
Step 6: next in terminal type:  chmod +x nix.runNis.sh && chmod +x nix.runNcc.sh
Step 7: next in terminal type:  ./nix.runNis.sh
If things go correctly, you will see terminal start to get really active.

Step 8: Open up a different and new terminal window and type:  cd Desktop/
Step 9: next in terminal type: cd package
Step 10: next in terminal type: ./nix.runNcc.sh
If it works, terminal will be very active

Step 11: go to http://localhost:8989/ncc/web/index.html
You should see the NEM screen.  You can now create a wallet.  You will have to download the whole blockchain which takes a while.  Post your address and somebody will send you coins.

Thanks Jabo. Can you put this "on record" in the NEM Forum as a separate topic under Mac? That would be good.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 10:15:58 AM

Thanks jabo for writing this up !

Are you positive that it only works with jdk and not with jre ?

No, I am not.  There might be a way to make it work with only jre, but when I was trying to run NEM without jdk, I got some kind of error that said to open that kind of file I would need jdk, and then it redirected me to the website I put into the link.  But after I installed jdk it worked very well.  

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 10:18:38 AM

Thanks Jabo. Can you put this "on record" in the NEM Forum as a separate topic under Mac? That would be good.

Sure, I will start a new topic.  I also replied to the old ones where people had problems. 

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 10:44:22 AM

two questions:
has a decision conerning giving each stakeholder a silver coin already been made?
what will happen to those people who miss the deadline of redemption on the 22nd? cause i dont think that the remaining 286 stakes will all be redeemed.

1) NEM silver coin for each stakeholder is winning at over 73%, so it will probably be implemented (in a transparent way such that people won't doubt our sincerity)

2) People who redeem late can still redeem post-launch for 75% for the first month, 50% for the second, and 25% for the third month.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 10:57:06 AM

two questions:

1) NEM silver coin for each stakeholder is winning at over 73%, so it will probably be implemented (in a transparent way such that people won't doubt our sincerity)

2) People who redeem late can still redeem post-launch for 75% for the first month, 50% for the second, and 25% for the third month.

In any case this decision can only be made by the devs, in accordance to the development contract. The proposal is more like expressing our wishes that they be used to give every genesis stakeholder 1 silver Coin for every NEM stake they hold so that NEM can be distributed more evenly.

I believe they have done away with auction as it might fall into the hands of a big whale.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 11:32:10 AM

We'll keep bumping this date to remind NEMsters the date.

REDEEM YOUR AE BEFORE NOVEMBER 22, 2014

CHEERS GUYS

bump

aswritt

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:21:51 PM

I thought this was a moderated thread...

It is wise to know what is moderation and what is censorship Cheesy

It's enough to look at your post history.

what is wrng in my post history?!   i dont know, tell me! Remember Im not peter gabriel, just gpage Smiley

I made some studies about scams. Don't be afraid but I'm a conman. Let's just play that game Smiley

Conman - if i am only college boy or student, my con is simple pumpy dumpy, ya know it. it is soon over. you cover your loss in three days.

Beware if I am not student and i have deep pockets. Then i have group of poor studentson my work, devs who make cryptos. Als i have banker standing behind my me. This con isnt over in week, not in montjh. It goes and goes. It collects real money from invstors. For tem we con play very nice theatre play. It amuses all. At first.In the end it amuses only conmans. The other share holders cry, investors cry. That is con.

How you can know what is con theatre play?
It is dificult. Theatre looks good and honesty and rich. And sweet and comfort for all world. It is directed by con theatre director.
The director has a favourite movei: The Sting.
No, it is not most favourite. He likes most Godfather 1, 2,3. Then The Sting.

Story of play goes in this way.
Advertise, Advertise, Advertise the cryptocoin. It collects lot of
members and theygive money to play. Start projevt, show that it works,
Advertise Advertise Advertise. Buy members trust. Try get members, who are well known somewhere and educated and clever and maybe mastermind Smiley
That brings trust to project. And then come investors.
 That is end of act I.

II act starts.
 In the mean time put student playing in crypto exchanges: buy sell buy sell. When some win is in conmans pocket, 1, 2, or 3 leaves the coin.
With money. Investors are mad but they still hope.
The rest conman blame those who left. Members and investors believe that.
The con theatre continues. when they say that we will make this suceed, we all know it works, it is better than bitcoin, better than any coin.Members and new investors believe, they want to believ when they want to come rich.

III act.
Cryptocoin is in steady mode. Everything works and is smooth. But new money is not coming. Investors are waiting.
All Quiet on the Western Front. That is directors favourite, numb 5.
Also conmans get hot. They are not making money in the coin. They want to make money somewhere else. They start dropping, one by one.
It make no trouble to coin. In the coin is many members who believe in project more than to god. Those clever guys strugle to get results.
Conmans say bravo and again advertise, advertise.
Director knows psychology, directs project leaders with skill to final target.
More investors are coming. Project gets honour medal and members small money. They start running new projects. They dont know that last con is coming.
When it comes, it is BIG surprise.  It will just blow away a big cash. Nobody can believe it. Everybodu just asks, will the coin continue ... HuhHuh??
END of act III.

Remember. This is not fud. Take this as a writ

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 12:48:38 PM

NEM will get pumped up and dumped down and pumped up again at the beginning. That is just how the game is when a coin is new and volume is low. It is too easy to manipulate. I like to think that nemsters wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for those tricks, but I know many people will.

We are in this for the long term and looking at the roadmap and stuff under development for NEM, I am going to be spending my time looking at my code and not at the market cap. I am not even going to worry about the price of NEM for at least the first 6 months and I hope that others will keep a clear head and a long term view as well.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:05:43 PM

NEM will get pumped up and dumped down and pumped up again at the beginning. That is just how the game is when a coin is new and volume is low. It is too easy to manipulate. I like to think that nemsters wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for those tricks, but I know many people will.

We are in this for the long term and looking at the roadmap and stuff under development for NEM, I am going to be spending my time looking at my code and not at the market cap. I am not even going to worry about the price of NEM for at least the first 6 months and I hope that others will keep a clear head and a long term view as well.

Short term value doesn't bother me for precisely the reasons you've stated. Short term, it's going to see values comparable to most of the other currencies out there - pretty darn low, way lower than what it's truely worth. NEM's true value won't be realized until we see people trading services and goods for it, and new tech surrounding it. As you said - it's at this stage NEM is most vulnerable from whales, of whome can buy it up and toy with it as they wish.

Marketing is also a driving factor. When you think about it Bitcoin was marketed brilliantly - in fact, so good, it's what gave it the success it has today. It convinced people that they could turn over profit simply running their PC's, and most people own one these days. NEM needs a similar drive in order to see wider adoption from the masses. It's important NEM gets distributed as widely and quickly as possible.

This is why i think a NEM mobile app is essential. You can effectively do what Bitcoin did but emphasizing on low-power needed, all on devices everyone owns - mobiles. Far more common than your desktop PC.

Bitcoins model is now outdated, and a select minority control a sum of the hashing power of which undermines it's initial appeal, pushing out the little man and further centralizing distribution.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 01:13:08 PM

Short term value doesn't bother me for precisely the reasons you've stated. Short term, it's going to see values comparable to most of the other currencies out there - pretty darn low, way lower than what it's truely worth. NEM's true value won't be realized until we see people trading services and goods for it, and new tech surrounding it.

Marketing is also a driving factor. When you think about it Bitcoin was marketed brilliantly - in fact, so good, it's what gave it the success it has today. It convinced people that they could turn over profit simply running their PC's, and most people own one these days. NEM needs a similar drive in order to see wider adoption from the masses.

This is why i think a NEM mobile app is essential. You can effectively do what Bitcoin did but emphasizing on low-power needed, all on devices everyone owns - mobiles. Far more common than your desktop PC.

Bitcoins model is now outdated, and a select minority control a sum of the hashing power of which undermines it's initial appeal.

Yes, I think the node rewards will help provide incentive for people to use the currency.

One thing that does bother me is the name. When explaining bitcoin to people, at least English speakers will realize it is some kind of digital coin, which equates to money. When explaining NEM to people, they have no idea what you are talking about. I am still not sure what the best way to market it is.

One possible solution is to market NEM as a movement, whereas the currency is just one part. The NEM community fund ( https://forum.nemcoin.com/ideas/nem-community-fund-(aka-nemtopia)/ ) is one way in which we can put forth a movement, rather than just a simple digital currency.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:15:00 PM

Short term value doesn't bother me for precisely the reasons you've stated. Short term, it's going to see values comparable to most of the other currencies out there - pretty darn low, way lower than what it's truely worth. NEM's true value won't be realized until we see people trading services and goods for it, and new tech surrounding it.

Marketing is also a driving factor. When you think about it Bitcoin was marketed brilliantly - in fact, so good, it's what gave it the success it has today. It convinced people that they could turn over profit simply running their PC's, and most people own one these days. NEM needs a similar drive in order to see wider adoption from the masses.

Bitcoins model is now outdated, and a select minority control a sum of the hashing power of which undermines it's initial appeal.

Yes, I think the node rewards will help provide incentive for people to use the currency.

One thing that does bother me is the name. When explaining bitcoin to people, at least English speakers will realize it is some kind of digital coin, which equates to money. When explaining NEM to people, they have no idea what you are talking about. I am still not sure what the best way to market it is.

One possible solution is to market NEM as a movement, whereas the currency is just one part. The NEM community fund ( https://forum.nemcoin.com/ideas/nem-community-fund-(aka-nemtopia)/ ) is one way in which we can put forth a movement, rather than just a simple digital currency.

I always envisioned NEM being firstly marketed as a movement (After all, this is how the "IPO" went) as a sort of protest against a dishonest monetary system - so in my view this is probably the best way.

By the way, i edited my post you first replied to Tongue
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 01:57:37 PM

Short term value doesn't bother me for precisely the reasons you've stated. Short term, it's going to see values comparable to most of the other currencies out there - pretty darn low, way lower than what it's truely worth. NEM's true value won't be realized until we see people trading services and goods for it, and new tech surrounding it. As you said - it's at this stage NEM is most vulnerable from whales, of whome can buy it up and toy with it as they wish.

Marketing is also a driving factor. When you think about it Bitcoin was marketed brilliantly - in fact, so good, it's what gave it the success it has today. It convinced people that they could turn over profit simply running their PC's, and most people own one these days. NEM needs a similar drive in order to see wider adoption from the masses. It's important NEM gets distributed as widely and quickly as possible.

Bitcoins model is now outdated, and a select minority control a sum of the hashing power of which undermines it's initial appeal, pushing out the little man and further centralizing distribution.

I like your thought process with only one caveat - Bitcoin had the entire crowd behind it because it was the first. We've got a long journey ahead. Seems very much in sync though. :-)
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 02:05:55 PM

I always envisioned NEM being firstly marketed as a movement (After all, this is how the "IPO" went) as a sort of protest against a dishonest monetary system - so in my view this is probably the best way.

By the way, i edited my post you first replied to Tongue

The original movement intent is "outdated" now. Wink We've gone past that. Now, I would like to look at it as a movement to leverage on a platform for everyday use, not just financial transactions and not just a coin per se. It is unleashing the potent power of the block chain technology with a PoI put in place. It will drive the world's best designed DAC which have been hitherto elusive and not solvable because of socks - provided you are an active participant of NEM. Otherwise use your own colored coin and distribute internally for closed loop use!

NEM will have many more uses. NEM is the New Economy Mandate.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 02:08:44 PM

One thing that I think would be really helpful is to make a different word for the movement, the software, the client, and the token.  

Bitcoin suffers badly from this problem.  People think it is just money, but then they learn that it is software and even their are philosophical and political tones to Bitcoin, so it just becomes confusing.

I would think it would be nice to get some really nice and catchy words.  If I just had to think of something off my head I would call the community NEM, the network NEM Net, the client NEM App, and the token XEM.  Something like that could bring clarity.  Just an idea.  Maybe somebody else can come up with better terms.    

systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:33:56 PM

One thing that I think would be really helpful is to make a different word for the movement, the software, the client, and the token.  

Bitcoin suffers badly from this problem.  People think it is just money, but then they learn that it is software and even their are philosophical and political tones to Bitcoin, so it just becomes confusing.

I would think it would be nice to get some really nice and catchy words.  If I just had to think of something off my head I would call the community NEM, the network NEM Net, the client NEM App, and the token XEM.  Something like that could bring clarity.  Just an idea.  Maybe somebody else can come up with better terms.    

As a newcomer to NEM, I can say that would help a lot.
I discovered NEM few days ago and I'm still pretty much confused. I guess its caused by NEM's different approach than on other altcoins..

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:39:34 PM

As a newcomer to NEM, I can say that would help a lot.
I discovered NEM few days ago and I'm still pretty much confused. I guess its caused by NEM's different approach than on other altcoins..

The problem is that the info about NEM is too much spread out, and many of the descriptions are outdated.

Radix - just imagine
aswritt

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:46:19 PM

I thought this was a moderated thread...

It is wise to know what is moderation and what is censorship Cheesy

It's enough to look at your post history.

what is wrng in my post history?!   i dont know, tell me! Remember Im not peter gabriel, just gpage Smiley

I made some studies about scams. Don't be afraid but I'm a conman. Let's just play that game Smiley

Conman - if i am only college boy or student, my con is simple pumpy dumpy, ya know it. it is soon over. you cover your loss in three days.

Beware if I am not student and i have deep pockets. Then i have group of poor studentson my work, devs who make cryptos. Als i have banker standing behind my me. This con isnt over in week, not in montjh. It goes and goes. It collects real money from invstors. For tem we con play very nice theatre play. It amuses all. At first.In the end it amuses only conmans. The other share holders cry, investors cry. That is con.

How you can know what is con theatre play?
It is dificult. Theatre looks good and honesty and rich. And sweet and comfort for all world. It is directed by con theatre director.
The director has a favourite movei: The Sting.
No, it is not most favourite. He likes most Godfather 1, 2,3. Then The Sting.

Story of play goes in this way.
Advertise, Advertise, Advertise the cryptocoin. It collects lot of
members and theygive money to play. Start projevt, show that it works,
Advertise Advertise Advertise. Buy members trust. Try get members, who are well known somewhere and educated and clever and maybe mastermind Smiley
That brings trust to project. And then come investors.
 That is end of act I.

II act starts.
 In the mean time put student playing in crypto exchanges: buy sell buy sell. When some win is in conmans pocket, 1, 2, or 3 leaves the coin.
With money. Investors are mad but they still hope.
The rest conman blame those who left. Members and investors believe that.
The con theatre continues. when they say that we will make this suceed, we all know it works, it is better than bitcoin, better than any coin.Members and new investors believe, they want to believ when they want to come rich.

III act.
Cryptocoin is in steady mode. Everything works and is smooth. But new money is not coming. Investors are waiting.
All Quiet on the Western Front. That is directors favourite, numb 5.
Also conmans get hot. They are not making money in the coin. They want to make money somewhere else. They start dropping, one by one.
It make no trouble to coin. In the coin is many members who believe in project more than to god. Those clever guys strugle to get results.
Conmans say bravo and again advertise, advertise.
Director knows psychology, directs project leaders with skill to final target.
More investors are coming. Project gets honour medal and members small money. They start running new projects. They dont know that last con is coming.
When it comes, it is BIG surprise.  It will just blow away a big cash. Nobody can believe it. Everybodu just asks, will the coin continue ... HuhHuh??
END of act III.

Remember. This is not fud. Take this as a writ

Those Acts I  Ii   III  are only frames. Inside them is many nice small acts. There is good actors, great teamwork. exampl when some one says negative things, team say it is fud or it is shoveled all over with dirt. Or try to forget it with new interesting discussion with out quotes Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: