Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:35:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984252 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 01:43:18 PM

It seems weird that anyone would be against testing code...
Have you lost the focus?
If the test-driven development is not used, it doesn't mean there is no testing!

very different kinds of testing that (could) bare very different results. for optimal development i would assume a combination of the two would be best practice. test-driven development followed by a rigorous (closed) testing once a new version is released internally then followed by even more rigorous public testing. ie. test the crap out of everything as hard as possible. Cheesy
True. Unfortunately the optimal development is may be found only after many projects. How many cryptocoins one group must build? Smiley

Only one time is needed if you do it right.

Who are those lucky .... Nobel prize winners ? Smiley
Here is not suspected the success of NEM development. I guess NEM has devs, who are not doing their first project. Better chances ...

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 01:55:09 PM

Have you lost the focus?
If the test-driven development is not used, it doesn't mean there is no testing!

very different kinds of testing that (could) bare very different results. for optimal development i would assume a combination of the two would be best practice. test-driven development followed by a rigorous (closed) testing once a new version is released internally then followed by even more rigorous public testing. ie. test the crap out of everything as hard as possible. Cheesy
True. Unfortunately the optimal development is may be found only after many projects. How many cryptocoins one group must build? Smiley

Here is not suspected the success of NEM development. I guess NEM has devs, who are not doing their first project. Better chances ...

You seem to say some people are going to win the Nobel prize? What are you trying to tell us? Are you saying that this is not the first crypto the devs are developing? That is something new. Maybe you want to share more with us. Wink
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:12:54 PM

Have you lost the focus?

You seem to say some people are going to win the Nobel prize? What are you trying to tell us? Are you saying that this is not the first crypto the devs are developing? That is something new. Maybe you want to share more with us. Wink

satoshi and bcnext working on nem? wow thats cool.. nem will be huge! Cheesy

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 02:14:55 PM

Have you lost the focus?

You beat me tooit!

Satoshi and BCNext working together to create a Utopian FutureCool

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
mattadc

Activity: 426

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 02:18:48 PM

Have you lost the focus?

You beat me tooit!

Satoshi and BCNext working together to create a Utopian FutureCool

I was writing one answer to rockethead ... but noticed that he has got already better answers Smiley

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:01:33 PM

Let's not put other software down.
I would simply say NEM is a quite solid piece of software Smiley

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
kauppalahti

Activity: 235
Merit: 110

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:02:33 PM

Are we going to see the launch before or after the Christmas?

Lompakon käännöksessä oli muutama kirjoitusvirhekin, jotka korjaan, mutta en pitänyt
omasta tekstistäni teknisten sanojen kohdalla. Mitä ehdotetaan:
- remote harvesting
- local harvesting

Jätetäänkö alkuperäiseksi? Muutama teksti jää myös kankeaksi/kääntämättä, koska asettelu ei mahdollista
ihan kaikkea.Korjataan nekin ehdotuksien mukaan.

Vimeisimmästä päivityksestä voi vaihtaa kielen suomeksi.
McDoxy1

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:25:43 PM

Is there some documentation on how the Proof of Importance algorithm works and how it avoids sybill attacks? Or do we have to wait for a white paper?
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:52:45 PM

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg138611/#msg138611

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:04:22 PM

CfB has said many times that he doubts POI will work. Nothing new really if that's what you're getting at ?
I think the main reason is that people think it's a completely new thing. POI is an improvement over POS but POS isn't completely scratched it's just broadend with a few more factors so it's not just balance that counts but also activity. 

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 07:50:17 PM

How do you know? Did you study the latest version of the code of NXT?

I wouldn't compare NEM to NXT for a very simple reason: We are not there yet - where they were year ago.

Regarding NXT code: I've said it few times already, and I can say it again, it's truly ASTONISHING what JeanLucPicard did with the code.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
McDoxy1

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:58:48 PM

CfB has said many times that he doubts POI will work. Nothing new really if that's what you're getting at ?
I think the main reason is that people think it's a completely new thing. POI is an improvement over POS but POS isn't completely scratched it's just broadend with a few more factors so it's not just balance that counts but also activity.  

Maybe he's getting at the fact that CfB thinks that PoI would clearly be better than PoS if it really works Wink
And I agree! That's why I'm really looking forward to the whitepaper. It could really make some big waves.
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:04:10 PM

This is not about NXT this is all about NEM. When we compare the price of NEM to NXT or to BTC that doesn't mean comparing the technologies but more like speculating the future market cap of NEM in terms of NXT and BTC. The main reason we would have to fall into comparing NEM price to NXT is that we are still stuck with NXT Asset Exchange "NXT AE" for trading NEMstakes. This phase will be over pretty soon "probably in few days". Once NEM will be freed from the NXT world and gets traded directly to BTC in the exchange sites it would them jump into a totally new stage/value.

Yes you should expect NEM to be traded for a value higher than 0.0000125 BTC by the launch date or few months later. The main point here is trying to evaluate the real value of NEM. This is to be determined by how it will grow after launch. There is high potential that NEM community will grow much faster than any other crypto currency at least in the first year. So fasten your seat belt and get ready for an exciting ride.

Remember that the majority of NEM adaptors right after launch will be more like miners type of investors. We haven't seen any of that kind of share holders yet. For that particular reason NEM is expected to sky rocket on the launch date, cause PoI will be fun to try/taste. From that perspective NEM will indeed reach 0.0000125 in few days after launch. The question actually how it would be able to sustain at that level. It will probably all come to how fun PoI will be Wink. PoI on its own forces the harvesters/miners to become good citizens in the economy. The obvious would be trying to buying, selling and trading stuff for NEMs to gain higher importance level hense the economy will move from day one and that will out stand any other crypto currency rush you've ever seen.

Remember to stay CALM Wink
Appleanimal

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:34:57 PM

5300 trades with NEMstake on Asset Exchange.

It need to celebrate.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
kleeii

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:38:27 PM

Yeah, NEM is the most tradest one.
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:09:09 PM

25% allocated to devs  Shocked
AmusedClam84

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:09:51 PM

To development.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:20:42 PM

stakes going to development does not mean to devs pockets.. I'm not sure of the actual break down but I wouldn't think anyone will end up with any more than around 2-3% at most and if there is anyone who gets that amount it would probably only be the devs but they would be completely deserving of it after working on nem full time for close to a year and taking into consideration what they have produced. I don't think anyone would disagree wwith me on that..

Ps. Devs won't launch with out multisig ether so that funds can be held in multisig accounts. Very Near zero risk of theft.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Appleanimal

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:49:39 PM

Only last 149 NEM left.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
markn

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:58:39 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: