Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:48:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 11:13:33 AM

Java and JavaScript are two different languages. Nxt is Java, not sure about Qora.

nxt = java
nodecoin = javascript
quora = java (I'm surprised there are no tests there, either they have tests and didn't publish them, or...)

NEM = java

do you see the tendency?

javascript is more easy?

Hello
From my personal experience I think it is easier,
but is also depends of the context where is used
I mean what you have to do with it.

I personally hate javascript and wouldn't be here on NEM if it was in JS  Kiss

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 11:15:19 AM

@devs

what happened recently with blockchain.info and accounts being hacked looks to me like it was an issue with bitcoin rather than blockchain.info? im not sure to be honest, i could be wrong, but it seems that way from the thread johoe posted on btt(link below) and it does have me concerned.

http://www.coindesk.com/good-samaritan-blockchain-hacker-returned-255-btc-speaks/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581411.0

if this is a fault on bitcoins side, is it something that all cryptos are affected by, just PoW, or just bitcoin? is this something that could affect nem?

Probably because there are too many scammers in crypto? Also, no multisig is a huge fail.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 11:16:27 AM

if I reinstall NEM client it won;t change my address I registered my stake with right? as long as I use the same name/password

You should have your private key backed up somewhere, right?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 11:17:46 AM

Bitcoin genesis block was mined on Jan. 3 2009. Maybe launch on the anniversary?

That's a neat idea Smiley

I like this idea too, but that's just three weeks away.

Just to add to the collection of fun NEM puns, here's one I just thought of: I'm getting a bit NEMpatient for the coin to launch Wink

It'll take all your NEMliness to overcome your NEMpatience at the wait for the NEMolution of the NEMoletariat.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 11:19:53 AM

*holds breath indefinitely*

ミー・トゥー  Wink

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:03:19 PM

Bitcoin genesis block was mined on Jan. 3 2009. Maybe launch on the anniversary?

That's a neat idea Smiley

I like this idea too, but that's just three weeks away.

Just to add to the collection of fun NEM puns, here's one I just thought of: I'm getting a bit NEMpatient for the coin to launch Wink

It'll take all your NEMliness to overcome your NEMpatience at the wait for the NEMolution of the NEMoletariat.

Lovely answer!  Grin Grin Grin

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 01:55:56 PM

I went to the Bitcoin conference in Seoul to represent NEM.  There were a lot of good people there that I was able to talk to.  Some are operating exchanges, some are organizing events, and some are developers.  It felt good to get out there and help spread the word of NEM.  I'll look forward to doing it again next time!

My personal highlight was sitting down at lunch with VItalik and talking to him.  He is very smart indeed. 

I think the most important thing I did for NEM was help keep us on the radar and plant the seed to let people know we are coming. 

After we launch, and we go to another conference we should get our own little booth and try to get up and the guest panels to speak. 

Lets make this happen!

kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:01:12 PM

I went to the Bitcoin conference in Seoul to represent NEM.  There were a lot of good people there that I was able to talk to.  Some are operating exchanges, some are organizing events, and some are developers.  It felt good to get out there and help spread the word of NEM.  I'll look forward to doing it again next time!

My personal highlight was sitting down at lunch with VItalik and talking to him.  He is very smart indeed. 

I think the most important thing I did for NEM was help keep us on the radar and plant the seed to let people know we are coming. 

After we launch, and we go to another conference we should get our own little booth and try to get up and the guest panels to speak. 

Lets make this happen!

great work jabo! Smiley i agree, i think we should try and have a presence at every conference if possible.. all the major players have reps at each conference so i dont think we should be any different.. with so many nemsters spanning the globe i think it should be doable. may be expensive but well worth the investment.

thanks for taking the initiative to spread the word.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:15:22 PM

Lets make this happen!

Niiice ! Thanks for doing that !
So, did you get vitalik to forget that little project of his and join the NEMwagon ?  Grin

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:24:38 PM

javascript is more easy?

Hello

I personally hate javascript and wouldn't be here on NEM if it was in JS  Kiss

And i personally don't hate java but i don't like it Cheesy
So we are on the opposite sides Wink

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:18:18 PM

Lets make this happen!

Your efforts are very much appreciated. It's nice to see NEM get some representation.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:58:09 PM

Java and JavaScript are two different languages. Nxt is Java, not sure about Qora.

nxt = java
nodecoin = javascript
quora = java (I'm surprised there are no tests there, either they have tests and didn't publish them, or...)

NEM = java

do you see the tendency?

javascript is more easy?

Hello

I personally hate javascript and wouldn't be here on NEM if it was in JS  Kiss

I really don't get your views and many of you still didn't get it. A coin is only a protocol. A software is only one representation of it. Anyone can write the SAME software in ANY language. No matter, if its is javascript, python or even brainf*ck. And any software can have it's bugs independent of its language.
You can do nice testdriven programming with java, but you can also do it testdriven with javascript and node.js or c# or whatever and connect to the current client. And its NOT more easy in javascript. At least not, if you want to make equally good. You could even say its harder with javascript to write clean code. In Java you have strict lines to follow, so it's harder to make a mess (of course it's still easy enough).
It's just a different way to do it. Please stop talking about things, you don't know a sh*t.

BTW: NXT and NEM Backendpart is Java an still it would't work without javascript. The frontend part is also a lot of work and not trivial and these days it can (or at least should) ONLY be written in javascript, if you want to run it in a browser.
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 04:59:46 PM

Lets make this happen!

It is Great! Thank You for doing this!

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:00:47 PM

nxt = java
nodecoin = javascript

NEM = java

do you see the tendency?

javascript is more easy?

Hello

I personally hate javascript and wouldn't be here on NEM if it was in JS  Kiss

I really don't get your views and many of you still didn't get it. A coin is only a protocol. A software is only one representation of it. Anyone can write the SAME software in ANY language. No matter, if its is javascript, python or even brainf*ck. And any software can have it's bugs independent of its language.
You can do nice testdriven programming with java, but you can also do it testdriven with javascript and node.js or c# or whatever and connect to the current client. And its NOT more easy in javascript. At least not, if you want to make equally good. You could even say its harder with javascript to write clean code. In Java you have strict lines to follow, so it's harder to make a mess (of course it's still easy enough).
It's just a different way to do it. Please stop talking about things, you don't know a sh*t.

BTW: NXT and NEM Backendpart is Java an still it would't work without javascript. The frontend part is also a lot of work and not trivial and these days it can (or at least should) ONLY be written in javascript, if you want to run it in a browser.

In what way is what you are saying contradictory to what the previous posters have said in the things you've quoted?
Yes you can write most things in all languages but that doesn't mean people can't have preferences.
If you're reffering to what makoto said about him not being here if NEM had been written in JS then you still have no point. If makoto wouldn't contribute to a project that is written in JS because he doesn't like the language (who can blame him?) or isn't familiar enough with it that's a very valid point.

Picasso7

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:28:57 PM

why is there such a low trade volume on the NXT AE for the NEMStake?

people, buy NEMstakes, or if you have, buy more !
crimi

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:46:35 PM

Darkcoin: Not Just for Drugs Anymore
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113111/darkcoin-not-just-for-drugs-anymore
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:48:22 PM

An interesting and maybe relevant article: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cato-institute-bitcoin-will-displaced-cryptocurrencies-superior-features/

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:19:13 PM

Lets make this happen!

Thanks for the great work Jabo. After we launch we intend to be present at the most important conferences out there and continue to spread the word about NEM.

I'm curious, how did Vitalik react to NEM?
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:27:10 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 11:46:19 PM by lordoliver

In what way is what you are saying contradictory to what the previous posters have said in the things you've quoted?
Yes you can write most things in all languages but that doesn't mean people can't have preferences.
If you're reffering to what makoto said about him not being here if NEM had been written in JS then you still have no point. If makoto wouldn't contribute to a project that is written in JS because he doesn't like the language (who can blame him?) or isn't familiar enough with it that's a very valid point.

Sorry for overreacting about this topic, but I am getting really pissed on all of that discussions about which language is better in many other threads already...
As you say, it's depending on ones preferences. True.
But really: not to support a coin with a bright future just because of "it's" language is ... ridiculous ...

There are generally too less shares available. I suggested already to set the deadline earlier (can also be before a release), because this it could hurt the reputation of NEM. Many people don't know, that there is only about 3.7% of the shares for trade. They think nem marketcap is only 100k$ (and maybe even dropping)
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 12:10:35 AM

Sorry for overreacting about this topic, but I am getting really pissed on all of that discussions about which language is better in many other threads already...
As you say, it's depending on ones preferences. True.
But really: not to support a coin with a bright future just because of "it's" language is ... ridiculous ...

There are generally too less shares available. I suggested already to set the deadline earlier (can also be before a release), because this it could hurt the reputation of NEM. Many people don't know, that there is only about 3.7% of the shares for trade. They think nem marketcap is only 100k$ (and maybe even dropping)

I think we will set a final redemption deadline soon.

You are correct that the language doesn't matter, but we all have our preferences Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: