Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:16:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701018 times)
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:42:40 AM

Have some trouble upgrading 2 of my miners with any version of awesome miner.
I have deleted everything and it doesn't work.
I've also selected the requested .msi and it still doesn't work.
I do not want to reinstall windows for this stupid agent error.
This is the error:

host image

You can upgrade the remote service directly from the main Awesome Miner screen.  Select on of your miners, and the Upgrade Remote Service button should be available in the toolbar at the top.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puwaha

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:44:47 AM

Coinwarz or Whattomine

Any info on differences?  The pros cons of each.

Thanks

Whattomine has a lot more common coins that you would want to mine than Coinwarz in my opinion.
puwaha

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:48:22 AM

I have 2 identical miners and for some reason, ever since the latest update one of the two keeps running into Failed pool status using the same profit switching configuration with Mining Pool Hub. It seems to keep failing out Equihash and NeoScrypt pools. I have to right click go to details and then Reset failed pools...it will work for an hour or so before going back to the same status.

These rigs are on the same network and there has been no other changes so I'm not sure what else it could be outside of the update. Is there any troubleshooting steps I can try?

There may be a bad configuration when trying to connect to MPH.  Did it work before?  Did you change something?  What algo is it trying to connect to for mining at MPH?  Did you setup the workers at MPH before you started mining there with AM?
Dihlofos

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:16:48 AM

Please correct the order of displaying video cards.....
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:13:49 AM

This is a big one, but would be massive for me - a way to connect multiple instances of awesomeminer together. For example, I manage multiple farms, and I have them all purchase awesomeminer - but any changes I make have to be manually replicated across all of them. For example, if I want to add a new pool thats very profitable and I want to do it for everyone I manage, I have to literally do it all manually 4 times. This goes for every setting, every little change...etc. I'm trying to optimize everyones setup and its very difficult to keep everything in sync. I would love if I could bring all of them under one instance, and any change I made gets transmitted to all of them. Altogether I've sent thousands of dollars of licenses your way but it is getting to the point where I can no longer manage them all and I'm going to need to find an alternate solution soon. The most obvious way to do this is through cloud services, and I would pay for it in a heartbeat if I was able to use cloud services to integrate all 5 instances. This would be really helpful for anyone that has rigs in multiple locations but cant necessarily use a VPN to connect them all. Instead of making the awesomeminer instance connect to cloud services, make the actual remote agents connect.
Thanks for all feedback. I've had this in mind for the Remote Agents, and it's really about a change in which direction the connection is established. I was actually thinking of having this as a feature in one of the Cloud Services subscriptions to allow Remote Agent to push data to the Cloud. By doing that, Remote Agents doesn't have to allow any incoming connections, which is good in the kind of scenarios you describe.

I've not started on implementing this, but at least it's in line with my vision.

Another huge thing is that with mining the way it is right now, I've been struggling to stay ahead of the game and trying out new software faster than AM can update it. The manually upload software feature is nice, but I have to select it for every miner, and with miners in groups, I can only upload to a single group of miners at a time. Plus I can't upload to miners that have crashed or are offline etc. What would be much, much better if there was instead a central repository of custom software and it's path that is automatically kept in sync with miners under management. So for instance if I configure I new fork of ccminer for raven or whatever, I only need to do it once, and its automatically uploaded to any miner that I configure for raven with that software. I've tried doing this with network paths and it sort of works, but it brings the whole thing crashing down if that network drive is online. I really would prefer it if it uploaded to each rig individually.

Also please make it easier to start/stop and reconfigure large groups of miners. If I click the header and all of the miners are universally in the same state, then I can stop or start them. If a single one is offline, then I instead need to select all and then deselect the crashed ones.

Likewise, please allow to select multiple groups at a time. Having to make changes 5 times because I have 5 groups makes me not want to use groups at all.
You can select multiple groups by holding down CTRL och SHIFT and select multiple. Operations like Upload software and start/stop miners will then be executed on all the miners in all the selected groups. One limitation, as you point out, is if a single miner has a different state than the others. This is a specific case where I agree that Awesome Miner can be improved.

I do agree that it would be better if the Upload feature was about syncing with a specific folder instead, so you could update a central folder and Awesome Miner would detect it and push the updates.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:16:44 AM

First of all, this feature is only intended to be used with very large mining operations.

Without the proxy, the typical ASIC miner connection in Awesome Miner looks like this
Awesome Miner -> Many ASIC miners

With the proxy, Awesome Miner will instead connect to the proxy, and each proxy can connect to many ASIC miners.
Awesome Miner -> One or many Remote Proxies -> Many ASIC miners

Please note that the arrows above indicates the direction of the TCP/IP connection. Data will flow in both directions.

Instead of Awesome Miner having to connect to 3000 ASIC miners, it can connect to 3 Remote Proxy instances, where each instance connects to 1000 ASIC miners.

I guess the ASIC is just an example. I have around 8  dislocated GPU farms to manage (ok not 3k miners but a decent number). For example every farm has on server computer which runs AM locally, does this mean that i can connect all 8 farms to one AM server and control everything from one spot ?
The general recommendation is to setup a VPN network for this scenario, and run a single Awesome Miner that can connect to all your miners.

Today the Remote Proxy feature is only for ASIC miners and mainly intended for scaling. It might be supported with GPU miners in the future as well.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:19:43 AM

Well, more ideas about the benchmark.

1 / I think it is necessary that from the benchmark screen-> Edit-> Profile configure, the miner can be configured without leaving the benchmark (a second sub-screen like manages software), so when we implement new algorithms or deactivate them from the miners, we can perform benchmark without having to leave it and go back to the Tools-> Benchmark screen or Options->managed software. And so do not lose the benchmarks done and can compare them from a single management.

2 / Establish a column in which we can click (select) the miner we use as default for each algorithm once the benchmarks have been made. It should be exclusive for each one of the algos. So once the benchmark is done, from the same screen we choose the miner we want according to the results

3 / Save benchmark for each miner and for profile separately

4 / And finally, as wildzer0 says, set the name of the miner by picking up the description in Managed Miner

Excuse my English, I use a translator.
@patrike
Thanks a lot for the changes on 4.6.5. Now I think it will be good:

3 / Save benchmark for each miner and for profile separately.
Thanks for the suggestions. Already today there is an Edit button in the Benchmark dialog, that gives you easy access to the Properties of the selected Profit Profile. The 4.6.5 release also show the correct name of the user defined mining software as configured in the Managed Software part of the Options dialog.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:30:31 AM

Hello Patrick,

I've been using AM for several months and have been loving it. Even though I am really enjoying using it there are a couple of thoughts that you might be able to assist with:

1: In Profit Profile - Customize (where all the algos are listed) can a select/un-select all button be added? When i'm testing overclocking and command line parameters for one algo its a pain to manually one by one select and un-select all but one.

2. There was a suggestion earlier in the thread related to the new fastest miner per algo benchmarking feature where it was suggested that there is a "column in which we can click (select) the miner we use as default for each algorithm once the benchmarks have been made"
Currently the UI around doing this within Options - Managed Software isn't ideal so creating this change will vastly improve the ease in setting the default miner for a selected algo per profit profile (I personally get quite confused in the Options - Managed Software - Defaults part of AM).

3: Given that mining has been less profitable of late with the drop on value of Crypto would it be possible to add the ability per profit profile or miner where if the profit per day for my miner/profit profile is less than X amount AM will tell the miner to stop mining (PC on but idle), then when the profit per day is above X amount to resume mining again? This way we can get the best "profit" between mining and electrical cost savings.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, I have spent alot of time optimizing my miners with custom settings per algo per miner with the relevant power information to get very accurate profit information and the feedback comes after days of playing around with this :>
1) I will add buttons for select all/none in the next release

2) The current behavior could possible be improved, but let's discuss this with a specific example. You check and benchmark Ccminer and Ccminer-KlausT with X11, and they get 8MH/s and 5MH/s. If you click Save, Awesome Miner will simply look at which software was fastest on X11, and it will store "Ccminer" as the mining software and 8MH/s as the hashrate for X11 in the benchmarked profile. If you open the Properties of this Profit Profile, this should be possible to verify.

If you instead uncheck Ccminer X11 after the benchmark and click save, Awesome Miner will save Ccminer-KlausT with 5MH/s to the Profit Profile.

If you manually want to select between Ccminer and Ccminer-KlaustT, this can be configured directly in the Properties of the Profit Profile for each algorithm.

3) I've been thinking of adding rule triggers based on Revenue and Profit. I think that would be a flexible way that would allow you to define what to do (for example Stop Miner) if the profit goes below 0 for example.

Thanks!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:37:33 AM

3: Given that mining has been less profitable of late with the drop on value of Crypto would it be possible to add the ability per profit profile or miner where if the profit per day for my miner/profit profile is less than X amount AM will tell the miner to stop mining (PC on but idle), then when the profit per day is above X amount to resume mining again? This way we can get the best "profit" between mining and electrical cost savings.

I've sent Patrike similar feedback a while back, this certainly will be a very welcomed feature addition for people who are more sensitive to the electricity cost factor. Of course, if it cannot be implemented in the near future, maybe we can have some sort of workaround that allows users to do so via API.

it will be (if easier to implement) great to have API method returning the Profit Switching tab data as per "View Details..." window. As far as I understand, these information are probably stored in the AM.xml and either you can generate API report manually or extract the portion from the XML. If that's the case, we can currently do a complicate workaround to get the data and implement our own profit switching rule but it's rather inefficient as the needless double calculation from some data AM already have stored somewhere...doing data modelling matching keys ... etc and finally to just set a rule.

Another Way if not via HTTP API, is to have a new Rule script user can run, that allows the action "Generate API Report" to be performed and store the API report in Filename of your choice (I think API report generated are for individual miner ATM) That way there are probably less effort extracting data on each miner from the main config XML and perhaps less complicated?
Thanks for all great feedback (not only this post, but in general). The current profitability of a miner should already be available via the API as "profitPerDayValue" in /api/miners for example. So an external application should be able to react on this.

A better solution would of course be to have the Rules in Awesome Miner handle this, for example via a new Trigger that can look at Revenue and Profit of a miner and take actions based on that.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:39:01 AM

I need help I installed AM to one of my rig but it sometimes restarts and AM starts too but it doesn't start miner.Is there a way to make it auto start miner after restart?
Right click on the miner and select Properties. Then you can check the Autostart setting.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:47:24 AM

Claymore's CryptoNote Windows CPU Miner v4.0   on: Today at 10:44:14 AM

- removed devfee, miner is completely free now.
- added "-pow7" option to support Monero hardfork, use "-pow7 1" value to enable it.
Awesome Miner supports a total of 4 different Claymore miners, but all of them are for GPU mining. I've actually not received so many requests on the CPU miner. Is this one still popular? If there is a demand for it, I could look into supporting it.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 08:03:55 AM

Bug v4.6.5 (perhaps in the previous 2 releases ase well
=====

Most of the remote miners will show interface offline error (some green text, some with red text) when you have option window/profile editor opened for a little while (leave it for 3 minutes and it surely kicks in)

The miners are actually still online and API are accessible and so on, just AM not seem to probe, reading them properly while the Options Window is opened so might be an issue with Remote Agent in the latest builds
Just to make sure, is it "Service Offline" as in Awesome Miner is unable to connect to Remote Agent, or "Interface offline" as in Remote Agent is unable to connect to the API of the running mining software?

I wasn't able to reproduce this one. I simply opened the Options dialog and waited for a while. Do you know if there are any additional steps I need to take here?

Can you check the following points as well?
1) Verify that the same version of Awesome Miner and Remote Agent is installed. Mixing versions are not supported and may result in miners being stopped or not started correctly
2) Verify that only a single Awesome Miner main application is connected to the Remote Agent application. Two Awesome Miner applications cannot connect to the same Remote Agent
3) Verify that the remote host is only added once in Awesome Miner. Open the Options dialog, Managed Hosts section and verify that no duplicates exists.

I will investigate any changes in the recent versions that might be related as well.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 08:07:53 AM

This is the error:

Please use this Microsoft tool to force removal of the installer when the Windows MSI database is giving these issues:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

smartieee

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:23:12 AM

Hi Patrick,

1: Great thanks! sometimes the simple to implement features do make a difference.

2: I missed the options within the properties of the Profit Profile for each algorithm, I see it now and would agree that this is sufficient.

3: A rules based solution would also be viable, either way as long as there are rules or options for a miner/profit profile/group to idle or mine based on profit information from WhattoMine or CoinWarz then I think that this will increase the value proposition for the AM product and allow for an additional dimension of making profits.

New one:
4: One of my pet peeves with AM is the options screen fixed size.  I see that you made the benchmarks screen where the screen size could be adjusted with the mouse.  Would it be possible to do the same with the options screen and also add if you double click on the header/title panel of that screen it expands to fill the available space on a monitor?
I am one of those snobs that has AM setup in my lounge PC with 300% display scaling on my monitor. The options screen is cut-off from the bottom so I cant click "OK" without lowering the display scaling specifically for AM before putting it back to 300%.  I understand that this is an edge case but maybe there are others that has AM setup with non standard display scaling on their monitor.

Thanks for taking the time!

Hello Patrick,

I've been using AM for several months and have been loving it. Even though I am really enjoying using it there are a couple of thoughts that you might be able to assist with:

1: In Profit Profile - Customize (where all the algos are listed) can a select/un-select all button be added? When i'm testing overclocking and command line parameters for one algo its a pain to manually one by one select and un-select all but one.

2. There was a suggestion earlier in the thread related to the new fastest miner per algo benchmarking feature where it was suggested that there is a "column in which we can click (select) the miner we use as default for each algorithm once the benchmarks have been made"
Currently the UI around doing this within Options - Managed Software isn't ideal so creating this change will vastly improve the ease in setting the default miner for a selected algo per profit profile (I personally get quite confused in the Options - Managed Software - Defaults part of AM).

Thanks for taking your time to read this, I have spent alot of time optimizing my miners with custom settings per algo per miner with the relevant power information to get very accurate profit information and the feedback comes after days of playing around with this :>
1) I will add buttons for select all/none in the next release

2) The current behavior could possible be improved, but let's discuss this with a specific example. You check and benchmark Ccminer and Ccminer-KlausT with X11, and they get 8MH/s and 5MH/s. If you click Save, Awesome Miner will simply look at which software was fastest on X11, and it will store "Ccminer" as the mining software and 8MH/s as the hashrate for X11 in the benchmarked profile. If you open the Properties of this Profit Profile, this should be possible to verify.

If you instead uncheck Ccminer X11 after the benchmark and click save, Awesome Miner will save Ccminer-KlausT with 5MH/s to the Profit Profile.

If you manually want to select between Ccminer and Ccminer-KlaustT, this can be configured directly in the Properties of the Profit Profile for each algorithm.

3) I've been thinking of adding rule triggers based on Revenue and Profit. I think that would be a flexible way that would allow you to define what to do (for example Stop Miner) if the profit goes below 0 for example.

Thanks!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 08:27:25 AM

Please correct the order of displaying video cards.....
The GPU order isn't reported the same way across all mining software, making it difficult for Awesome Miner to know what the correct order is. Because of this, the GPU mapping must be used to define the correct order:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/gpumapping.aspx

fgm

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:46:19 AM

This is the error:

Please use this Microsoft tool to force removal of the installer when the Windows MSI database is giving these issues:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

It worked, thanks for the support.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 09:00:20 AM

1.  I currently have the professional edition of AM which allows 10 mining processes to be monitored.  I have a couple of rigs and I initially created a new managed miner for each different coin/algo that I wanted to mine which allowed me to easily switch from one to the other.  I soon discovered that each of these were considered a monitored mining process.  So even though I only have 3 rigs, AM says I have 10 monitored mining processes.  I soon discovered that templates are what I should be using... no problem, I switched over to templates but unfortunately you cannot create a "Profit Switching" template to use on your Managed Miner.  I have 3 rigs but AM counts 6 against my quota of 10 (1 Managed Miner with various templates and 1 Profit Miner for each rig).

Am I setting this up incorrectly?  Is there a better way to do this to not have it count against my quota of 10? I am only running 3 mining processes.

2.  This next one is cosmetic only but I noticed when using templates the main display on the miner tab shows Description, IP/Host, Pool Name for my Managed Miner.  When I am running this miner everything is fine as the coin or algo displays on the right side with profit info and I know which template was applied, but when the miner is idle there is no way to tell which template I have applied.  If the coin or algo was appended to the pool name (under the IP/Host) then that would tell me which template I have applied.  I believe in most all other cases I see the the coin/algo appended to the pool name but not in this instance.

I hope this all makes sense!  And thanks in advance!
1) As you found out, Managed Templates are good to use for Managed Miners. Do you need to switch between using profit switching and a Managed Miner as well? You can make the change if you right click on the miners and select "Convert to Managed Profit Miner" for example.

2) I do see your point about showing the last applied template name, and I've received feedback on this in the past as well. It's currently not being displayed.

moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:17:14 AM

I've sent Patrike similar feedback a while back, this certainly will be a very welcomed feature addition for people who are more sensitive to the electricity cost factor. Of course, if it cannot be implemented in the near future, maybe we can have some sort of workaround that allows users to do so via API.

it will be (if easier to implement) great to have API method returning the Profit Switching tab data as per "View Details..." window. As far as I understand, these information are probably stored in the AM.xml and either you can generate API report manually or extract the portion from the XML. If that's the case, we can currently do a complicate workaround to get the data and implement our own profit switching rule but it's rather inefficient as the needless double calculation from some data AM already have stored somewhere...doing data modelling matching keys ... etc and finally to just set a rule.

Another Way if not via HTTP API, is to have a new Rule script user can run, that allows the action "Generate API Report" to be performed and store the API report in Filename of your choice (I think API report generated are for individual miner ATM) That way there are probably less effort extracting data on each miner from the main config XML and perhaps less complicated?
Thanks for all great feedback (not only this post, but in general). The current profitability of a miner should already be available via the API as "profitPerDayValue" in /api/miners for example. So an external application should be able to react on this.

A better solution would of course be to have the Rules in Awesome Miner handle this, for example via a new Trigger that can look at Revenue and Profit of a miner and take actions based on that.

Thx for the reply Patrike, I tried the profitPerDayValue, but it only displays the profit value that the miner is currently actively running. The idea would be that I can set Rule Based actions on what's being calculated (updated) before the switching interval kicks in. Both Globally (on all miners) and Individual Miner. I have done the global workaround via Excel and it's working great (albeit extremely amateurish in the implementation)

Example would be...that:

The Global Switching Override looks at Total Profit Per Day by all miners and switch away when it hits a user defined threshold to counter a temporary algo profit spike (usually sharp drop in difficulty using "current" statistic) affecting most of the miners in AM for that period of time.

An Individual Switching Override Rule looks at the profit calculated by the "Profit Switching" Tab in "View Details...", that if none of the available algos/pools meets a certain profit threshold defined by user (say if I want this rig to earn at least $2.00 / day) after profit calculation cycle, I can tell the miner to Stop but keep monitoring and start it again when there are algos/pools that have meet the threshold I defined. Also, sometimes individual miners are mining at a loss or not optimal (HW difference between rigs, susceptible to small scale individual spike since mining different algo than powerful rigs), this rule allows it not just to stop, but look at the overall profit rank for this particular profit profile and adjust accordingly. Example, my NVidia rigs might be mining profitably after global profit switch, and the few AMD ones suddenly decided to mine Neoscrypt (due to profit/difficulty fluctuation), 5 minutes later, all NV rigs are happily pulling in profit while the Neoscrypt coins went down drastically but it is still profitable to mine Ethash with the AMD at profit, but there's still 10 minutes left for my say...15min switching cycle, so now I want AM to only switch those AMD rigs which are making loss to another algo that's still making profit above threshold I specified. As I understand, I can still do an overall switching and the rigs that are already mining the most profitable in the switching time interval won't be affected and stay mining away. However, right now, I can't just keep switching say, having a bad day, and certain cards that I have completely stopped making profit altogether (my poor NV 1050 and R7 370 say...affected most directly with most pronounced effect followed by other less power efficient AMD cards with limited choice of profitable algos)....that's why I think it's necessary to have the switching rule look at the entire profit profile's profit + what it is currently pulling in before making a call to "switch" or "pause".

Hope it illustrates what I was trying to get at and not confuses you instead,

Cheers,
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 12:53:04 PM

Thx for the reply Patrike, I tried the profitPerDayValue, but it only displays the profit value that the miner is currently actively running. The idea would be that I can set Rule Based actions on what's being calculated (updated) before the switching interval kicks in. Both Globally (on all miners) and Individual Miner. I have done the global workaround via Excel and it's working great (albeit extremely amateurish in the implementation)

Example would be...that:

The Global Switching Override looks at Total Profit Per Day by all miners and switch away when it hits a user defined threshold to counter a temporary algo profit spike (usually sharp drop in difficulty using "current" statistic) affecting most of the miners in AM for that period of time.

An Individual Switching Override Rule looks at the profit calculated by the "Profit Switching" Tab in "View Details...", that if none of the available algos/pools meets a certain profit threshold defined by user (say if I want this rig to earn at least $2.00 / day) after profit calculation cycle, I can tell the miner to Stop but keep monitoring and start it again when there are algos/pools that have meet the threshold I defined. Also, sometimes individual miners are mining at a loss or not optimal (HW difference between rigs, susceptible to small scale individual spike since mining different algo than powerful rigs), this rule allows it not just to stop, but look at the overall profit rank for this particular profit profile and adjust accordingly. Example, my NVidia rigs might be mining profitably after global profit switch, and the few AMD ones suddenly decided to mine Neoscrypt (due to profit/difficulty fluctuation), 5 minutes later, all NV rigs are happily pulling in profit while the Neoscrypt coins went down drastically but it is still profitable to mine Ethash with the AMD at profit, but there's still 10 minutes left for my say...15min switching cycle, so now I want AM to only switch those AMD rigs which are making loss to another algo that's still making profit above threshold I specified. As I understand, I can still do an overall switching and the rigs that are already mining the most profitable in the switching time interval won't be affected and stay mining away. However, right now, I can't just keep switching say, having a bad day, and certain cards that I have completely stopped making profit altogether (my poor NV 1050 and R7 370 say...affected most directly with most pronounced effect followed by other less power efficient AMD cards with limited choice of profitable algos)....that's why I think it's necessary to have the switching rule look at the entire profit profile's profit + what it is currently pulling in before making a call to "switch" or "pause".

Hope it illustrates what I was trying to get at and not confuses you instead,

Cheers,
Many thanks for all details. I do get your point here.

akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:21:55 PM

Patrike,

I'm going to take a run up this hill one more time.

I would be so awesome if AM could just display all the Canaan avalon miners like it does GPU's on a single rig.

There are 2 currently can be up to 20 on that ASIC rig, all of the data is in the cgminer log/api as well as AM api (in the stats section), the MMCount is the number of miners in the rig, and the MM  IDX is the specifics for each miner, the TEMP[], TMax[], Fan[], GHSmm[] WU[] numbers are for a specific miner.

I'd even be up for trying this via an alternative way if that exists?  C# script maybe?

fingers crossed you'll consider the request.

Thanks in advance, and happy to help with data/testing etc.
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: