Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:42:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701086 times)
wildzer0

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:22:53 AM

Love the new benchmark feature, but there needs to be a way to label custom added mining software:

https://i.imgur.com/iiJfqaD.png

It's a bit useless if you don't know which is which Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 12:08:15 PM

Love the new benchmark feature, but there needs to be a way to label custom added mining software:

Thanks for the feedback I will correct this in a new update later today. The idea is of course that you should be able to add many different Ccminers and it should be displayed with the name you defined for it.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
textb0ok

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:20:45 PM

X16r Benchmarking appears to be very wrong right now.

After benchmarking a test rig, it said that I should get up to 78.87 MH/s ....  But when I actually start mining with that test rig... AwesomeMiner says that I am getting between 23 and 25 MH/s

I have tested this on 3 rigs now and they are all the same....

This is a big problem because zergpool is pushed to the top now with X16r and it's wrong.  Undecided
zaqwsx

Activity: 58
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:42:43 PM

x16r will be pain in the a** to be benchmarked. Since it rotates algorithms and time of running is random, you cant calculate the actual hashrate for less then an hour.
darius510

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:48:36 PM

A few more feature requests:

This is a big one, but would be massive for me - a way to connect multiple instances of awesomeminer together. For example, I manage multiple farms, and I have them all purchase awesomeminer - but any changes I make have to be manually replicated across all of them. For example, if I want to add a new pool thats very profitable and I want to do it for everyone I manage, I have to literally do it all manually 4 times. This goes for every setting, every little change...etc. I'm trying to optimize everyones setup and its very difficult to keep everything in sync. I would love if I could bring all of them under one instance, and any change I made gets transmitted to all of them. Altogether I've sent thousands of dollars of licenses your way but it is getting to the point where I can no longer manage them all and I'm going to need to find an alternate solution soon. The most obvious way to do this is through cloud services, and I would pay for it in a heartbeat if I was able to use cloud services to integrate all 5 instances. This would be really helpful for anyone that has rigs in multiple locations but cant necessarily use a VPN to connect them all. Instead of making the awesomeminer instance connect to cloud services, make the actual remote agents connect.

Another huge thing is that with mining the way it is right now, I've been struggling to stay ahead of the game and trying out new software faster than AM can update it. The manually upload software feature is nice, but I have to select it for every miner, and with miners in groups, I can only upload to a single group of miners at a time. Plus I can't upload to miners that have crashed or are offline etc. What would be much, much better if there was instead a central repository of custom software and it's path that is automatically kept in sync with miners under management. So for instance if I configure I new fork of ccminer for raven or whatever, I only need to do it once, and its automatically uploaded to any miner that I configure for raven with that software. I've tried doing this with network paths and it sort of works, but it brings the whole thing crashing down if that network drive is online. I really would prefer it if it uploaded to each rig individually.

Also please make it easier to start/stop and reconfigure large groups of miners. If I click the header and all of the miners are universally in the same state, then I can stop or start them. If a single one is offline, then I instead need to select all and then deselect the crashed ones.

Likewise, please allow to select multiple groups at a time. Having to make changes 5 times because I have 5 groups makes me not want to use groups at all.

Finally, this is probably already possible through some rules magic - but sometimes when a miner freezes the only way to bring it back online is to manually flip the switch. I use HS100 smart switches to do that remotely - what would be downright magical if there was a way for me to automatically trigger a power flip when a miner is detected offline.
Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:00:42 PM

Wondering something. So if I go into my profit profile to the pools, I can add one pool it would seem, and that's it. (and it doesn't seem to switch to that pool I add even if it's the most profitable) I want to add a bunch of pools into my own profit switching profile. What I'd actually like to do is make my own profit profile and add each algorithm at each pool myself. For example, add only the algorithms I want from ahashpool (Lets say for simplicity Lyra2rev2, and Neoscrypt) and do like this for all of the pools on each of the profit switching pools listed, and then move on to other yimp pools that don't have special checkboxes yet. This way if for example M7M is hanging the miner at Zergpool for some reason, but it's working at other pools, instead of either disabling Zergpool, or the M7M algorithm, I could just remove the Zergpool M7M pool address entry and M7M would still work with the other pools. (More profit) I'm not seeing where you can make a big list like you can for the external miners. I'm probably just missing something and will feel dumb later. Any advice? Thank you!
If you go to Options dialog, Online Services section, you can select an entry like "Zergpool M7M" and uncheck "Include in Managed Profit Switcher". Then it's only this specific combination that will be excluded. Was this the kind of configuration you had in mind?
First off, let me say grandslam on the multiple mining software benchmarking. Thank you Patrike! I had 1 algo go up in profitability 10%, another 5%, and a couple other 2-3%. Your suggestion will definitely help when there is an offending algorithm/pool combo, as far as the other part here's my experience: I made a profit mining profile for an experimental rig that has AMD cards. The cards were free, and not the greatest. (Game developers 7950's that are crippled, but use really minimal electric) So it was mining away, but I had some issues with it not working at certain pools (not Awesome Miners fault, these cards are weird, they use 7950 drivers but only use 12 compute units, just basically flakey) I found they would mine successfully at Nicehash, so I had that enabled, but the 2 cards together were only making .60 a day. I figured I should be able to do better, so I converted it to a managed miner and added Slushpool as a pool. It started mining away, and was doing .87 a day, which is a great improvement. So, I figured, since Awesome miner was obviously pulling the profit info from somewhere, I'd switch it back to a profit miner, and then if the price at Nicehash spikes, it would switch to Nicehash. (Just an experiment I wanted to try since it was pulling the profit. I know Slushpool is PPLNS, and not appropriate for profit switching) It didn't work though. It just mined nicehash and ignored Slushpool even with the higher price being displayed. So what I'm looking to do is create my own list of individual added pools and have the profit switcher switch between them. (I want to add some other Yimp based pools) and I was just hoping to find a way to add the stratum addresses, user names, and password fields like I did for Slushpool, but have them in a big list like the external miners, and have the same kind of functionality where you can go down the pool list and select one and hit prioritize and it'll switch, and obviously so it will profit switch. Thank you Patrike! Again, love the new benchmarking!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
powerstr

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:55:00 PM

best program for monitoring ! thank you ! already two times buy version upgrades, all working fine !
powerstr

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:06:40 PM

I have one problem at startup.
can not start dual mode!

that I need to register to buy a dual mode?
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:08:31 PM

A few more feature requests:

This is a big one, but would be massive for me - a way to connect multiple instances of awesomeminer together. For example, I manage multiple farms, and I have them all purchase awesomeminer - but any changes I make have to be manually replicated across all of them. For example, if I want to add a new pool thats very profitable and I want to do it for everyone I manage, I have to literally do it all manually 4 times. This goes for every setting, every little change...etc. I'm trying to optimize everyones setup and its very difficult to keep everything in sync. I would love if I could bring all of them under one instance, and any change I made gets transmitted to all of them. Altogether I've sent thousands of dollars of licenses your way but it is getting to the point where I can no longer manage them all and I'm going to need to find an alternate solution soon. The most obvious way to do this is through cloud services, and I would pay for it in a heartbeat if I was able to use cloud services to integrate all 5 instances. This would be really helpful for anyone that has rigs in multiple locations but cant necessarily use a VPN to connect them all. Instead of making the awesomeminer instance connect to cloud services, make the actual remote agents connect.

Why cant you use a site-to-site VPN or something like neorouter?

Another huge thing is that with mining the way it is right now, I've been struggling to stay ahead of the game and trying out new software faster than AM can update it. The manually upload software feature is nice, but I have to select it for every miner, and with miners in groups, I can only upload to a single group of miners at a time. Plus I can't upload to miners that have crashed or are offline etc. What would be much, much better if there was instead a central repository of custom software and it's path that is automatically kept in sync with miners under management. So for instance if I configure I new fork of ccminer for raven or whatever, I only need to do it once, and its automatically uploaded to any miner that I configure for raven with that software. I've tried doing this with network paths and it sort of works, but it brings the whole thing crashing down if that network drive is online. I really would prefer it if it uploaded to each rig individually.

I like this concept!

Also please make it easier to start/stop and reconfigure large groups of miners. If I click the header and all of the miners are universally in the same state, then I can stop or start them. If a single one is offline, then I instead need to select all and then deselect the crashed ones.

I don't use the grouping features enough, but what happens?  Does it just fail because one of them is offline?  I guess, better error trapping would be good here to skip the offline one.

Likewise, please allow to select multiple groups at a time. Having to make changes 5 times because I have 5 groups makes me not want to use groups at all.

Nested groups could help here, I agree.

Finally, this is probably already possible through some rules magic - but sometimes when a miner freezes the only way to bring it back online is to manually flip the switch. I use HS100 smart switches to do that remotely - what would be downright magical if there was a way for me to automatically trigger a power flip when a miner is detected offline.

You could adapt my Puwaha's Poor Man's Networked PDU concept.  You would connect your AM rules to IFTTT triggers to control the reboots when AM detects offline conditions.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2866608
darius510

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:03:16 PM

Why cant you use a site-to-site VPN or something like neorouter?

Primarily because I'm not in total control of these various networks, and its swatting a fly with a sledgehammer anyway. I dont want or need full blown networking between a bunch of networks built by people who may or may not be competent. I just want to connect to a remote service and at most forward a port. Really what would be ideal is if I could sign in to the remote service with a user account, and then by signing in to the same user account on the console, I could see all the remote miners signed in to that account. This is something that should be dead simple IMO, not something that requires an IT degree. I am absolutely willing to pay for cloud services if thats what it takes to make this straightforward.

I like this concept!

It's something that obviously could be achieved with third party software, but the current system is so backwards to begin with that it really should be redesigned to make more sense.

I don't use the grouping features enough, but what happens?  Does it just fail because one of them is offline?  I guess, better error trapping would be good here to skip the offline one.

The start/stop gets greyed out, it just won't let you do it.

Nested groups could help here, I agree.

You could adapt my Puwaha's Poor Man's Networked PDU concept.  You would connect your AM rules to IFTTT triggers to control the reboots when AM detects offline conditions.

I'll look into it, thanks.
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:13:03 PM

First of all, this feature is only intended to be used with very large mining operations.

Without the proxy, the typical ASIC miner connection in Awesome Miner looks like this
Awesome Miner -> Many ASIC miners

With the proxy, Awesome Miner will instead connect to the proxy, and each proxy can connect to many ASIC miners.
Awesome Miner -> One or many Remote Proxies -> Many ASIC miners

Please note that the arrows above indicates the direction of the TCP/IP connection. Data will flow in both directions.

Instead of Awesome Miner having to connect to 3000 ASIC miners, it can connect to 3 Remote Proxy instances, where each instance connects to 1000 ASIC miners.

I guess the ASIC is just an example. I have around 8  dislocated GPU farms to manage (ok not 3k miners but a decent number). For example every farm has on server computer which runs AM locally, does this mean that i can connect all 8 farms to one AM server and control everything from one spot ?
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:35:52 PM

I use this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Industrial-16-Channel-light-controlling-Relay-board-Gate-and-door-Network-Remote-Control-Switch-Module/32538363118.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.261.974AEK

in combination with Nagios and Cacti. There is also an open source section on vendors site so basically you can program it to do anything. This is for a larger farm most cost effective.

This can also be interesting

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TISHRIC-2018-Hot-Sale-USB-Watchdog-Card-Module-Timer-One-Buttoon-Boot-Blue-Screen-Restart-For/32837991481.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3YkPS5

works ok but on a larger scale can be also an expensive solution.
GoRdiE

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:51:37 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 11:30:19 PM by GoRdiE

Thanks for the feedback I will correct this in a new update later today. The idea is of course that you should be able to add many different Ccminers and it should be displayed with the name you defined for it.

Well, more ideas about the benchmark.

1 / I think it is necessary that from the benchmark screen-> Edit-> Profile configure, the miner can be configured without leaving the benchmark (a second sub-screen like manages software), so when we implement new algorithms or deactivate them from the miners, we can perform benchmark without having to leave it and go back to the Tools-> Benchmark screen or Options->managed software. And so do not lose the benchmarks done and can compare them from a single management.

2 / Establish a column in which we can click (select) the miner we use as default for each algorithm once the benchmarks have been made. It should be exclusive for each one of the algos. So once the benchmark is done, from the same screen we choose the miner we want according to the results

3 / Save benchmark for each miner and for profile separately

4 / And finally, as wildzer0 says, set the name of the miner by picking up the description in Managed Miner

Excuse my English, I use a translator.
akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:10:03 PM

bminer 6.1.0 is out with some fixes introduced in 6.0.0
GoRdiE

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:47:20 AM

Well, more ideas about the benchmark.

1 / I think it is necessary that from the benchmark screen-> Edit-> Profile configure, the miner can be configured without leaving the benchmark (a second sub-screen like manages software), so when we implement new algorithms or deactivate them from the miners, we can perform benchmark without having to leave it and go back to the Tools-> Benchmark screen or Options->managed software. And so do not lose the benchmarks done and can compare them from a single management.

2 / Establish a column in which we can click (select) the miner we use as default for each algorithm once the benchmarks have been made. It should be exclusive for each one of the algos. So once the benchmark is done, from the same screen we choose the miner we want according to the results

3 / Save benchmark for each miner and for profile separately

4 / And finally, as wildzer0 says, set the name of the miner by picking up the description in Managed Miner

Excuse my English, I use a translator.

@patrike

Thanks a lot for the changes on 4.6.5. Now I think it will be good:

3 / Save benchmark for each miner and for profile separately.

Awesome work!!!

smartieee

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:19:43 PM

Hello Patrick,

I've been using AM for several months and have been loving it. Even though I am really enjoying using it there are a couple of thoughts that you might be able to assist with:

1: In Profit Profile - Customize (where all the algos are listed) can a select/un-select all button be added? When i'm testing overclocking and command line parameters for one algo its a pain to manually one by one select and un-select all but one.

2. There was a suggestion earlier in the thread related to the new fastest miner per algo benchmarking feature where it was suggested that there is a "column in which we can click (select) the miner we use as default for each algorithm once the benchmarks have been made"
Currently the UI around doing this within Options - Managed Software isn't ideal so creating this change will vastly improve the ease in setting the default miner for a selected algo per profit profile (I personally get quite confused in the Options - Managed Software - Defaults part of AM).

3: Given that mining has been less profitable of late with the drop on value of Crypto would it be possible to add the ability per profit profile or miner where if the profit per day for my miner/profit profile is less than X amount AM will tell the miner to stop mining (PC on but idle), then when the profit per day is above X amount to resume mining again? This way we can get the best "profit" between mining and electrical cost savings.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, I have spent alot of time optimizing my miners with custom settings per algo per miner with the relevant power information to get very accurate profit information and the feedback comes after days of playing around with this :>
powerstr

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:27:12 PM

Re: Claymore's NeoScrypt AMD GPU Miner v1.2 (Windows)   on: Today at 10:47:56 AM
v1.2:

- improved stratum routines to support more pools.
- added RX550 card support.
Dalba

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:32:59 PM

Hello,
am i the only one having wrong stats regarding hmq1725 and zpool ?
What would be the correct profit factor ? 0.001 ?
GoRdiE

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:42:27 PM

Hello,

Well, 24H Estimated by zpool is wrong now. Maybe for a short time

https://i.imgur.com/eqycFqP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XzkzeCj.jpg
Dalba

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:47:19 PM

Hello,

Well, 24H Estimated by zpool is wrong now. Maybe for a short time

https://i.imgur.com/eqycFqP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XzkzeCj.jpg

Ok, that's why i encounter a problem. I use 24H estimated in AM...
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: