Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:14:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701096 times)
Larvitar

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:33:30 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2018, 12:01:40 PM by Larvitar

I and other people are suffering some erratic failures with the AW api, with the extension of AW coin update. I know it's a separate development, but it seems that AW sometimes fails, and when it happens it's a failure that stays for days.

I have reinstalled the AWCU extension, I have reinstalled the latest version of AW beta. And it does not work.

This afternoon the system worked, but when I was mining with the same machine that has AW installed, I launched the AWCU currency updater, and gave that error, and I can not eliminate it.

The other time was an error that also disappeared only after the last update. I do not know if there will be a relationship with your API.
This is an exception in the coin updater so it needs to be invetigated from that point of view.
Update: In AWCU thread the issue was found: a user's syntax error.

patrike, In the new version is SRBMiner's config.txt override allowed per algorithm?

EDIT: At the "mining software" section my question is answered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 12:12:58 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2018, 12:26:26 PM by patrike

I and other people are suffering some erratic failures with the AW api, with the extension of AW coin update. I know it's a separate development, but it seems that AW sometimes fails, and when it happens it's a failure that stays for days.

I have reinstalled the AWCU extension, I have reinstalled the latest version of AW beta. And it does not work.

This afternoon the system worked, but when I was mining with the same machine that has AW installed, I launched the AWCU currency updater, and gave that error, and I can not eliminate it.

The other time was an error that also disappeared only after the last update. I do not know if there will be a relationship with your API.
This is an exception in the coin updater so it needs to be invetigated from that point of view.
Update: In AWCU thread the issue was found: a user's syntax error.

patrike, In the new version is SRBMiner's config.txt override allowed per algorithm?

EDIT: At the "mining software" section my question is answered.
Thanks for the update.

Please give the new feature to configure the config.txt file per algorithm a try, and let me know any feedback you have. In the SRBMiner configuration, the "Default" section will be used unless you override it for one of the other algorithms.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
wildzer0

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:05:57 PM

Thank you for the frequent and regular updates.

Since bminer now supports Ethereum and also Dual-Mining, would it be possible to add support for this?
s3c70r

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:47:48 PM

Hi,

After applying fan fix firmware, awesomeminer doesn't show the temperature anymore for B3 miners.

https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004733393-B3-Firmware-Upgrade-Instructions

Thank you
From what I noticed a few days ago, the latest B3 firmware changed these miners from telling they are "Antminer B3" to only say "Antminer" and I think this is a bug in the firmware.

The latest development version (v.5.0.4) included a adjustment to this, so it should show the correct temperature readings again.

Thank you very much, it did fix the issue.
cain2941ll

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:03:13 PM

Thanks for the updates!  Love the new dashboard.

For BMiner, can AM somehow incorporate this automatically?  It's in the release notes for BMiner 8.0.

* Add scripts to download third party software OhGodAnETHlargementPill to improve Ethereum mining performance on GTX 1080/1080Ti.

https://www.bminer.me/releases/
Larvitar

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:33:55 PM

Patrike, I won't tested the SRB's config yes (i'm at work) but I want to ask for somethin I couldn't find:
Is there a way to track the "worker path" through the day/week?

Explaining:
Sometimes I think pool isn't being "fair" with me. I can see the satoshis earned in the last 24h, but I can't see (easily) if my cards was full time at that pool or I dont want to check every pool to check how many time i mined for each.

Sorry my bad english?
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:27:21 PM

Thank you very much for this great update, I love seeing so many coins to try.

I'm going to tell you a little bug, which is very annoying, at least for me.

A few days ago I suggested that there be a form to adapt the pool gain, since some estimate low and others high. So if you estimate 100 coins and get 50, it would be 0.5 to have 50%. Something like this capture

It works well, the program takes it into account for the Auto switch. You can see in the following image, where I display the autoswitch menu and make PRTX 0.0033 but just in the window below, where are the rigs, mark 0.13 or similar, it does not look very good. I mean, if you take it into account but it is not reflected in the statistics of the rigs, that leads to confusion.

And in the main dashboar it is not updated either. In this case this pool needs a correction of 73%, it gives me an exaggeratedly high number.

I insist that for the Switch if you get the price correctly with the change that I make in the pool, but in the other places it does not, and that does not make sense. The earnings information by day, month, or by rig should be in line with the correction you have applied to the group.

I hope you understand what I want to explain, it is incongruous, it has no logic.
sergw

Activity: 159
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:50:43 PM

Patrike, thanks a lot for minimizing bottom tab!
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:33:17 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 02:54:52 AM by moppidoo

Hi Patrik,

One request in addition to "add to workername" that's already implemented, is the passing of difficulty parameter in a similar fashion

a good number of pools allow passing of the static difficulty parameter (or suggested difficulty) through mostly the password field with (d=xxx), some pools, especially lots of the cryptonight implementations, append them to the worker name field (-u parameter in common miners) via their own defined parameters (some uses "+", some uses "." for the ones I've came across)

I managed to use the [MinerWorker] method to assign worker names, it works perfectly but is also buggy atm:

For example, the pool (Cryptoknight.CC) uses the following format (which I use in the pool setup):
Worker name: WalletAddress.[UserDefinedDifficulty]
Password: [MinerWorker]

if I specify the difficulty with custom delimiter (field left empty), AM will parse the command as follows:

Code:
-u WalletAddress.[UserDefinedDifficulty][MinerWorker] -p [MinerWorker]

As you can see, that worker name is being parsed twice and result in pool reading (probably "null") error on the difficulty and I get rejected shares as well as 10min IP ban LoL if I kept this carry on long enough.

If I specify using default "." delimiter in the pool setting, AM parses following:

Code:
-u WalletAddress.[MinerWorker] -p [MinerWorker]

This time, [MinerWorker] still gets parsed twice, but the pool in this case will simply give me an auth error and I will not be able to mine as well.

Proposal:
1. In pool settings, if [MinerWorker] is defined in the password field, steps are taken to eliminate double parsing the parameter to the Worker field entirely

2. adding new parameter [UserDefinedDifficulty] in the mechanics similar to [MinerWorker] that we can specify for each Miner in the same way as worker name, this sometimes helps when pool's vardiff changes too erratically (say, optimal for 1 AM miner is 150000 in CN-Heavy, the pool shoots it up to 1mil results in no shares found for 10 min till it drops slowly), this is supposedly very useful when rigs/miners have varying hash power but profit switching interval becomes > than share submitted = losing efficiency. Also (haven't tested out yet) ppl say it's good to define a (suggested) static difficulty where pool supports it for chaotic algos like X16R per rig/miner.

Cheers!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 08:11:32 AM

Thank you for the frequent and regular updates.

Since bminer now supports Ethereum and also Dual-Mining, would it be possible to add support for this?

Yes, Bminer Ethereum will be supported at some point. It's on the list of features to implement.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 08:13:55 AM

Thanks for the updates!  Love the new dashboard.

For BMiner, can AM somehow incorporate this automatically?  It's in the release notes for BMiner 8.0.

* Add scripts to download third party software OhGodAnETHlargementPill to improve Ethereum mining performance on GTX 1080/1080Ti.

https://www.bminer.me/releases/
Possibly, but I've not investigated this one in detail yet. Already today you can run any command before and after stopping a miner. Using the Upload Software feature it should also be possible to deploy this exe-file to a large number of miners.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 08:14:55 AM

Patrike, I won't tested the SRB's config yes (i'm at work) but I want to ask for somethin I couldn't find:

Explaining:
Sometimes I think pool isn't being "fair" with me. I can see the satoshis earned in the last 24h, but I can't see (easily) if my cards was full time at that pool or I dont want to check every pool to check how many time i mined for each.

Sorry my bad english?
This is currently not supported, but I understand your request.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 08:26:10 AM

Thank you very much for this great update, I love seeing so many coins to try.

I'm going to tell you a little bug, which is very annoying, at least for me.

A few days ago I suggested that there be a form to adapt the pool gain, since some estimate low and others high. So if you estimate 100 coins and get 50, it would be 0.5 to have 50%. Something like this capture

It works well, the program takes it into account for the Auto switch. You can see in the following image, where I display the autoswitch menu and make PRTX 0.0033 but just in the window below, where are the rigs, mark 0.13 or similar, it does not look very good. I mean, if you take it into account but it is not reflected in the statistics of the rigs, that leads to confusion.

And in the main dashboar it is not updated either. In this case this pool needs a correction of 73%, it gives me an exaggeratedly high number.

I insist that for the Switch if you get the price correctly with the change that I make in the pool, but in the other places it does not, and that does not make sense. The earnings information by day, month, or by rig should be in line with the correction you have applied to the group.

I hope you understand what I want to explain, it is incongruous, it has no logic.
Right now this setting is only for making a pool more/less profitable from a profit switcher point of view, which is also the reason why it's listed below a section called "Profit switching settings".

I do understand your point and the idea is to expand this concept to be for profit display as well. This is however a bit complex, because if you have two pools with the same URL but different factors defined, Awesome Miner needs to figure out which pool you actually are mining on. For External Miners that's close to impossible, but for Managed Miners it's possible to make good guesses.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:08:05 AM

Hi Patrik,

One request in addition to "add to workername" that's already implemented, is the passing of difficulty parameter in a similar fashion

a good number of pools allow passing of the static difficulty parameter (or suggested difficulty) through mostly the password field with (d=xxx), some pools, especially lots of the cryptonight implementations, append them to the worker name field (-u parameter in common miners) via their own defined parameters (some uses "+", some uses "." for the ones I've came across)

I managed to use the [MinerWorker] method to assign worker names, it works perfectly but is also buggy atm:

For example, the pool (Cryptoknight.CC) uses the following format (which I use in the pool setup):
Worker name: WalletAddress.[UserDefinedDifficulty]
Password: [MinerWorker]

if I specify the difficulty with custom delimiter (field left empty), AM will parse the command as follows:

Code:
-u WalletAddress.[UserDefinedDifficulty][MinerWorker] -p [MinerWorker]

As you can see, that worker name is being parsed twice and result in pool reading (probably "null") error on the difficulty and I get rejected shares as well as 10min IP ban LoL if I kept this carry on long enough.

If I specify using default "." delimiter in the pool setting, AM parses following:

Code:
-u WalletAddress.[MinerWorker] -p [MinerWorker]

This time, [MinerWorker] still gets parsed twice, but the pool in this case will simply give me an auth error and I will not be able to mine as well.

Proposal:
1. In pool settings, if [MinerWorker] is defined in the password field, steps are taken to eliminate double parsing the parameter to the Worker field entirely

2. adding new parameter [UserDefinedDifficulty] in the mechanics similar to [MinerWorker] that we can specify for each Miner in the same way as worker name, this sometimes helps when pool's vardiff changes too erratically (say, optimal for 1 AM miner is 150000 in CN-Heavy, the pool shoots it up to 1mil results in no shares found for 10 min till it drops slowly), this is supposedly very useful when rigs/miners have varying hash power but profit switching interval becomes > than share submitted = losing efficiency. Also (haven't tested out yet) ppl say it's good to define a (suggested) static difficulty where pool supports it for chaotic algos like X16R per rig/miner.

Cheers!
Hi,
Many thanks for the detailed description.

For pools that only should use the miner specific worker name part in the password field, and you don't want this added after the wallet for example, you can open the Properties of the pool and go to the Advanced section. Please try to check "Ignore 'Add to worker name' on miner" and see if that resolves any of your scenarios.

For the difficulty configuration, I agree that something should be added to each miner for this. Maybe it should even be a general concept of variables you can define on each miner, so you can add your [UserDefinedDifficulty] and assign it values - and then be able to reference it from either the worker name or the password field in the pool.

Thanks!

moppidoo

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:10:57 AM

Hi,
Many thanks for the detailed description.

For pools that only should use the miner specific worker name part in the password field, and you don't want this added after the wallet for example, you can open the Properties of the pool and go to the Advanced section. Please try to check "Ignore 'Add to worker name' on miner" and see if that resolves any of your scenarios.

For the difficulty configuration, I agree that something should be added to each miner for this. Maybe it should even be a general concept of variables you can define on each miner, so you can add your [UserDefinedDifficulty] and assign it values - and then be able to reference it from either the worker name or the password field in the pool.

Thanks!

Thank you for consideration! yes, currently I have those problematic unconventional pools all with ignore checked Smiley
O-Coin

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:56:12 PM

XMR STAK Setup.

Has anyone set this up?  Can you please advise if so.

Thank you
trucobit

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:06:35 PM

Explaining:

Sorry my bad english?
This is currently not supported, but I understand your request.

Thank you for understanding the problem of statistics, you have to understand that there is no point in showing erroneous figures, it is not common sense. I do a great job of measuring each pool and correcting the deviation. Thank goodness that in auto switch if it has it in consideration.

Support to the user who has explained the user and Difficulty. It would be nice to add something to each pool to be able to define the difficulty, the easier it is for us to improve instead of having to define variables, it will always be more difficult for a normal user to define variables. I personally add it by hand in the extra command form.

Finally I have a doubt or a mistake. I have activated the 3 sources of coins at once, now I have coins that I had prefenidas apart with AWCU. But the following happens to me:

This ALPS currency if it is in one of the sites
https://www.coincalculators.io/coin.aspx?crypto=alpenschilling-mining-calculator.json

But it does not appear in the list of coins to be added to a pool, I have looked at it several times and it has not been added and there are three sources of coins activated. I do not know if it will be a fault or I have to add it in some way .json as in WTM

I await your response, thanks in advance.
trucobit

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:48:49 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 10:34:49 PM by trucobit

Another one that is not added to the list of coins, although I have 3 boxes of the 3 sources activated
https://www.coincalculators.io/coin.aspx?crypto=cerberus-mining-calculator
https://www.coincalculators.io/coin.aspx?crypto=coin2fly-mining-calculator
.... more   .....
https://www.coincalculators.io/coin.aspx?crypto=seraph-mining-calculator
GiantDwarf

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:05:45 AM

Hi

First time posting, im not used to it.

v5.1

Yesterday my “ConfigData.xml“ file was 4,556kb and today it fell down to 3,338kb. I checked (will double and triple check) and so far i don't seem to have lost anything inside the application.

Earlier i had a bug i will not try to reproduce, sorry for that. I was messing around with the “Appearance / Miner view” option and resizing the main windows, toggling full screen etc. When i put the setting back to my preference “Compact list” all my miners disappeared. I only had my groups listed, with no arrow to expand them. I then went to the config file to make a bkp before something bad happens, this is when i realized my config file shrunk. I had to exit the app and restart it for my miners to reappear.

Since i don't seem to have lost any data, did anything change in v5.1 that compress the config file? Should I investigate further to find the reason for my file size?
moppidoo

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:16:12 AM

Patrike already acknowledged and working with CoinCalc admins to resolve the issue, please learn to read previous replies, if not by other users, at least by Patrike.
it is only in previous page:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg38678903#msg38678903

also, please learn to quote, you just quoted the wrong message in your previous post
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: