Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:52:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
prog2010

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:32:39 AM

Hello HYPmasters!

REGARDING STAKING-
When you are sorting coins into 4k blocks (recommended size?), are you supposed to keep putting them into the same address?
Or the address doesn't matter - STAKING WISE?

PRIVACY-WISE-
I always thought u are supposed to make new addresses for every incoming transaction-- for privacy reasons?

REGARDING SECURITY
And whenever u spend from an address u are supposed to empty & discard it-- for security reasons?

Thanks!
- Yes, the address doesn't matter.
- You can delete old addresses in HYP wallet.
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:10:00 PM

I have no clue, I just downloaded the bootstrap and resyncing. Where do I enter in the commands to load the bootstrap? I entered it into console, and it didn't work. The block wasn't an orphan, it has confirmed. 

Ok if you want to give up on trying to sync your current chain, then to use the bootstrap, place bootstrap.dat into your hyperstake appdata folder. Delete everything in the folder except for peers.dat and wallet.dat. Make a backup of wallet.dat just to be safe. Then startup hyperstake through command line "hyperstake-qt.exe -loadblock=bootstrap.dat"

It will load the bootstrap from the splash screen and it will take a while, be resource intensive, and if you are impatient and click the splash screen it might freeze. So its best to leave it bootstrapping and come back in an hour or so.

How do you run it through the command line?

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:14:19 PM

I have no clue, I just downloaded the bootstrap and resyncing. Where do I enter in the commands to load the bootstrap? I entered it into console, and it didn't work. The block wasn't an orphan, it has confirmed. 

Ok if you want to give up on trying to sync your current chain, then to use the bootstrap, place bootstrap.dat into your hyperstake appdata folder. Delete everything in the folder except for peers.dat and wallet.dat. Make a backup of wallet.dat just to be safe. Then startup hyperstake through command line "hyperstake-qt.exe -loadblock=bootstrap.dat"

It will load the bootstrap from the splash screen and it will take a while, be resource intensive, and if you are impatient and click the splash screen it might freeze. So its best to leave it bootstrapping and come back in an hour or so.

How do you run it through the command line?
make a shortcut of your hyperstake.exe on desktop.right click on shortcut and select properties.than in target line add this -loadblock=bootstrap.dat.
It should read something like this "C:\Wallet\HyperStake-qt.exe -loadblock=bootstrap.dat"

Cor2

Activity: 595

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:12:51 PM

How does automatic coin control work?
No such thing yet... so it doesn't work  Wink
It will probably just not split your stake if it is under a certain amount and leave it all in one block.
I had typed a long reply but it got lost somehow, possibly my PC lost internet connection while sending, so here is another attempt:
It would be preferable to have both automatic split and automatic merge (and we can discuss if they should default be enabled or disabled)

Automatic split could for example only activate when you send an amount to yourself that is larger than a variable "Max input size"
For example if you select a 15k input and send to yourself a 3k block from it, then you would get a warning: about the splitting of the total input and if you confirm with max input size configured to 4k then you would end up with 1 x3k and 3x 4k blocks automatically.

For automatic merge you would only need to do something similar as Orbitcoin has done, where blocks below a certain size are not split when they stake, although it can be improved to check the *output* block size instead of the input size.
For example, if you have the variable "minimum input size" configured as 1500 and you are staking a 2k block that is earning 400 Hyp, today you would end up with 2 blocks of 1200 and next stake would give you blocks somewhere around 700-800 Hyp and so on. When the automatic merge sees that the output would be split in blocks smaller than the minimum input size, it would only add the stake reward to the input without splitting it.

I hope this description helps and makes it clear what the idea is of the automatic split and merge, let me know if there are questions for clarification.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:38:30 PM

How does automatic coin control work?
No such thing yet... so it doesn't work  Wink
It will probably just not split your stake if it is under a certain amount and leave it all in one block.
I had typed a long reply but it got lost somehow, possibly my PC lost internet connection while sending, so here is another attempt:
It would be preferable to have both automatic split and automatic merge (and we can discuss if they should default be enabled or disabled)

Automatic split could for example only activate when you send an amount to yourself that is larger than a variable "Max input size"
For example if you select a 15k input and send to yourself a 3k block from it, then you would get a warning: about the splitting of the total input and if you confirm with max input size configured to 4k then you would end up with 1 x3k and 3x 4k blocks automatically.

For automatic merge you would only need to do something similar as Orbitcoin has done, where blocks below a certain size are not split when they stake, although it can be improved to check the *output* block size instead of the input size.
For example, if you have the variable "minimum input size" configured as 1500 and you are staking a 2k block that is earning 400 Hyp, today you would end up with 2 blocks of 1200 and next stake would give you blocks somewhere around 700-800 Hyp and so on. When the automatic merge sees that the output would be split in blocks smaller than the minimum input size, it would only add the stake reward to the input without splitting it.

I hope this description helps and makes it clear what the idea is of the automatic split and merge, let me know if there are questions for clarification.

We are working on all of these. And trying to get them to work correctly. The combine interval with staking is pretty easy and will be in the next wallet release for sure.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Cor2

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:39:01 PM

Hello HYPmasters!

REGARDING STAKING-
When you are sorting coins into 4k blocks (recommended size?), are you supposed to keep putting them into the same address?
Or the address doesn't matter - STAKING WISE?

PRIVACY-WISE-
I always thought u are supposed to make new addresses for every incoming transaction-- for privacy reasons?

REGARDING SECURITY
And whenever u spend from an address u are supposed to empty & discard it-- for security reasons?

Thanks!
The address doesn't matter. You can do all manipulations with new addresses if you like and if you care about security, but it is not necessary. But there is one underwater stone you should know about if you don't want to lose your coins. It is the keypool size. You can read more about it here.  
Regarding splitting blocks - it is best to send to the same address in your wallet, because once I lost about 1000 coins when I had done a lot of splitting after buying large amounts and then my wallet crashed so I had to go back to my 2 week old backup - which did not have all the random addresses that I had been using by not configuring the "change address" and so I lost everything that I had split after the 100 addresses in my backup were exhausted. I lost about 0.1 BTC that time. So since then I know to configure the "custom change address" to my own wallet address and to not eat up all the random addresses in my wallet, so my backup stays current for a much longer period.
It does not matter for the staking itself if the blocks are in the same or all different addresses, unless you want to prove the balance of your wallet, there are some coins where your entire balance determines how much rewards you get, so then you better keep everything in the same address.

Privacy of incoming transactions:
If you don't want the money to be traceable to you then it is a good thing to use a new receive address for different people sending money to you. Also for yourself it can be easier to keep track of who is paying you. Note that if you are splitting *those* inputs then you should re-configure your custom change address to that one or you are still sending your coins to your original address, which will make it traceable to your original address again. The fact that all coins and addresses are administrated in the publicly accessible blockchain has benefits (trustless money transfer) but also drawbacks (traceability). To most of us that is not a problem but it depends on what you use your money for, if you need to shield it. Since addresses are typically not published unless you are either dealing with someone or publishing it (like in a sig of a post like this) the privacy is normally not a concern.

Security of outgoing transmissions:
There is no point in emptying an address once you have sent from it, since nobody can use the balance of that address without the private key that is only available in your wallet.dat. *if* your computer was hacked and your wallet.dat file was stolen *then* it is a good idea to transfer all funds to a new wallet and discard the old, but any other time there is no point. The transfers out of the old address can be viewed on the block chain, so the new address is know just like the old where it was sent from and even if you sent to someone you do not trust, they cannot do anything with the knowledge about the address from where it was sent, since they do not hold the key.

Hope this clarifies the working of the wallet.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
Cor2

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:48:22 PM

We are working on all of these. And trying to get them to work correctly. The combine interval with staking is pretty easy and will be in the next wallet release for sure.
Cool, thanks!

Interesting to see the price swing so much in a short period.
I still have a low buy order on Allcoin that I setup several orders on from the time that the value was around 2k and just above, so only an 1800 buy offer is still active there. I had to laugh when I saw it still sitting there while I was also selling a few Hyp around 8k on Polo at the same time.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:53:04 PM

Cool, thanks!

I still have a low buy order on Allcoin that I setup several orders on from the time that the value was around 2k and just above, so only an 1800 buy offer is still active there. I had to laugh when I saw it still sitting there while I was also selling a few Hyp around 8k on Polo at the same time.

Yes the price is fun to watch. At this point I am interested to see whether the price of btc dropping a bit will have any impact on HYP. We do have our new xusd/hyp market so will this pin HYP to a dollar value? I am not sure, but am anxious to watch.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
CiZ

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

HyperStake Member

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:24:56 PM

Cool, thanks!

Yes the price is fun to watch. At this point I am interested to see whether the price of btc dropping a bit will have any impact on HYP. We do have our new xusd/hyp market so will this pin HYP to a dollar value? I am not sure, but am anxious to watch.

Hello presstab, you think HYP price in poloniex can up to 7k or 8k in this month (end M.) ?

.I'm CiZ my HyperStake Member.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:51:44 PM

Cool, thanks!

Hello presstab, you think HYP price in poloniex can up to 7k or 8k in this month (end M.) ?

I wish I knew how to predict prices, but everytime I say something about price I usually end up being wrong! I am terrible at price predictions! Maybe other people that are better traders can give a better opinion?

iantunc

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:46:36 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 06:09:11 PM by iantunc

According to TA (technical analysis) we probably will find a floor at 4000-4500 (with possible drawdown to 3000-3500), but there is a positive forecast for a short correction to 6000-6500 before a flat and further slow uptrend. At the present moment the exchange rate is influenced by a strong fud and resulting panic sell. Good news, new marketing efforts and fud protection (it is something we need to develop) will bring the trend to it's usual rails.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:50:10 PM

Russian thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=832796.0

Donate address:
p5zCCpc41RZiKvwCY5QFGjYheGVeB79vJ4

Thanks!
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:03:03 PM

Donate address:

Thanks!

Sent!! And updated the OP to include it.

Thanks a lot!

*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:12:00 PM

Donate address:

Thanks!

Sent!! And updated the OP to include it.

Thanks a lot!

Received!!  Thank you! Smiley
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:32:41 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 06:56:19 PM by Kushedout

-=-=-=-1000 HYP Staking Contest-=-=-=-

Youngest stake wins
=======================================
Stake must be between 10/24/2014 - 11/14/2014

Twitter               - https://twitter.com/Kushed_Crypto/status/525348750580285443

IRC                    - ##Hyperstake

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:53:33 PM

-=-=-=-1000 HYP Staking Contest-=-=-=-

Youngest stake wins
Stake must be between 10/24/2014 - 11/14/2014

Twitter               - https://twitter.com/Kushed_Crypto/status/525348750580285443

IRC                    - ##Hyperstake

I will refrain from entering this contest. But just to show that anything is possible:

Good luck everyone!!

zeewolf

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

In dreamland; he awaits you.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 07:29:38 PM

I know that's too early to qualify to contest but that was staked today on my Pi Smiley

waxo

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:38:19 PM

According to TA (technical analysis) we probably will find a floor at 4000-4500 (with possible drawdown to 3000-3500), but there is a positive forecast for a short correction to 6000-6500 before a flat and further slow uptrend. At the present moment the exchange rate is influenced by a strong fud and resulting panic sell. Good news, new marketing efforts and fud protection (it is something we need to develop) will bring the trend to it's usual rails.

i totally agree

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 08:49:25 PM

HYP has one of the most secure PoS networks and the difficulty has been consistently above 1 the last few days.
New record established: diff reached an ATH of 1.97

Some things to add to the wikia, please (I'm busy on other things that cannot be done by other than me - the more people to edit the wikia, the better - many thanks for those who already do):
the FAQ
Just an orphan. You and somebody else submitted the same block at about the same time. They won. It just reverts to staking, nothing lost. It happens a lot with all POS coins.

With the increase of difficulty, popularity, and weight does the recommended minimum block size still hold? Do you guys have any particular strategy? I have 12 inputs of 250 HYP with an age of around 21 now and considering biting the bullet and combining them now...
https://bit.ly/hypsize

List mode shows each block, tree mode shows each address. I never use tree, don't even see it's purpose, but that's me.
Tree mode only makes sense if you have several addresses in you wallet. It helps monitoring each address independantly. Could be the FAQ too or a section devoted to coin control (we don't have one yet!)

Max stake maturity is thirty days. After that it gains no further weight, but will keep trying to stake and should eventually do it. I have staked ONE coin. Took bloody forever, but I wanted to see if it worked. It went way past the gain.
What happens after 30 days? is a recurring question worth an answer in the FAQ

Best of luck, welcome to the community, and if you find good answers, please share!
And add them to the wikia Smiley

If you want privacy, use Monero (buy them on the XMR/HYP market as part of your monthly selling of stake, for instance). Anything else is just an invitation to examination (blockchain transparency, anyone?). Maybe one day HYP will have Monero-like privacy, but I am very well positionned to tell to not hold your breath on it Smiley

Personally, I wouldn't want to see automatic coin control added.
[...]
Honestly though, consider not adding automatic coin control - you'll take away what I see as a big part of HYP's addictiveness.
I think it is GREAT IDEA!!!
I also support this idea.
I do not believe barrier to entry is a good thing for a coin that want to be popular. Automatic coin control will probably leave room for fine-tuning any way, the same cars have manual transmission or even sport mode, whilst other have automatic transmission. Then, who's right on cars? Everyone is. Different audiences and preventing one audience to access the coin is not my vision for HyperStake. Not everyone wants to be addicted - I am, and I'm fine with it but other people just want it to work well, without this feeling of losing money because they don't understand coin cointrol.
Plus, I tend to think there would be a bit less day-traders if coin controlling was not only automatic, but even encouraged with a potential stake displayed right in the wallet's main window, an "executive summary" ('you have X HYP at the moment - in around 20 days, you should have Y HYP if you leave your wallet open most of the time").

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
BRUCELLA

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:33:53 PM

Diff is over 2.4 now !!!

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: