Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:30:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679263 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:01:48 PM

hello guys where can i find some nodes? my wallet wont sync.

http://hyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com/peerinfo

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:34:45 PM

thanks mister! Smiley
iantunc

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:48:12 PM

This coin is still tiny and can grow exponentially...
Do you mean a supply or a capitalization? This coin can grow exponentially without any changes in supply.

But listing on Cryptsy adds nothing since all the HBN, CAP, TEK enthusiasts are already in HYP.

Thanx for the advice! But Cryptsy will give us visibility, so we hope to be listed here.

You gotta get listed on BTER and get indigenous Chinese support...
That's where the growth is... could probably more than double the cap with China promotion.
100% true Smiley

But really it's still an incremental advance over HBN, CAP, etc
Most of this thread is about people debating the correct block size and devs posting ultra-technical stuff...
*** That's as far away from mainstream as you can get, it's math geek territory ***...
And I'm speaking as a software engineer for > 20 years and pro trader.

I'm (as a member of the community) a journalist, advertiser and psychologist (and also a software engineer and trader) with a rather decent experience and team. And everyone of us can say the same. So don't worry about it.

If you cannot explain something to a 10 year old it cannot go mainstream...

We will Smiley

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:09:37 PM

Bottom-Up Promotion

Here's something I think we should do as a community, and it's a route of marketing that a lot of coins seem to ignore.

We need to focus on social media, sharing, etc. sites on a country-by-country (geographical region) basis. Try to find the Facebook, Twitter, or what have you social media site for that area and build tipping and sharing bots for them. HYPbots perhaps? Wink

I'm willing to donate to bounties for the necessary technology, and I'm sure others are willing to pitch in to. The same can be said of Community Management Groups for each of these sites/regions.

Let's start brainstorming! Smiley

But listing on Cryptsy adds nothing since all the HBN, CAP, TEK enthusiasts are already in HYP.

That's where the growth is... could probably more than double the cap with China promotion.

Most of this thread is about people debating the correct block size and devs posting ultra-technical stuff...
*** That's as far away from mainstream as you can get, it's math geek territory ***...

Also, nobody seems to have the foggiest idea what the actual return is...
Or where the coin will stabilize in terms of realistic long-term return...
And 2 days ago network weight doubled and then halved in a matter of hours (??).

Yes, I know it's experimental...

But unless a lot of these things are clarified...
And to quote John Tuld in Margin Call,

"“Speak to me as you would a small child, or a golden retriever,”...

So it all needs to be explained on Page One with a clear WhitePaper, maybe (eventually)...
Not conflicting information buried all over the place.

In the late 70's the same things were said about personal computers. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying that "mainstream" is only a piece of the picture. One day a coin will go truly mainstream. Maybe several of them. Bitcoin is the best positioned for that. And in that case, yes, making an explanation that a 10 year old can understand is necessary. But right now, all this technical discussion is leading to greater understanding by those who make it work, not the mainstream.

If we're to look at it that way, then I can make the simple explanation.

It's a money token. If it ain't spent, it grows. If it is, it don't.

Not satisfying, and not precise, but it's accurate enoughy for joe sixpack. But the geeks are the ones that will make it work to the point where that explanation is necessary. HYP is probably not ready for the big time. And HYPing it up is probably not wise right now. (sorry, couldn't resist).

The Wiki, as far as it has gone, is pretty good and getting better. The dev team is right there all the time. This coin has a lot going for it. Let's let it grow up a bit.
HappyHogan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:43:09 PM

Bottom-Up Promotion

Here's something I think we should do as a community, and it's a route of marketing that a lot of coins seem to ignore.

We need to focus on social media, sharing, etc. sites on a country-by-country (geographical region) basis. Try to find the Facebook, Twitter, or what have you social media site for that area and build tipping and sharing bots for them. HYPbots perhaps? Wink

I'm willing to donate to bounties for the necessary technology, and I'm sure others are willing to pitch in to. The same can be said of Community Management Groups for each of these sites/regions.

And 2 days ago network weight doubled and then halved in a matter of hours (??).

So it all needs to be explained on Page One with a clear WhitePaper, maybe (eventually)...

In the late 70's the same things were said about personal computers. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying that "mainstream" is only a piece of the picture. One day a coin will go truly mainstream. Maybe several of them. Bitcoin is the best positioned for that. And in that case, yes, making an explanation that a 10 year old can understand is necessary. But right now, all this technical discussion is leading to greater understanding by those who make it work, not the mainstream.

Not satisfying, and not precise, but it's accurate enoughy for joe sixpack. But the geeks are the ones that will make it work to the point where that explanation is necessary. HYP is probably not ready for the big time. And HYPing it up is probably not wise right now. (sorry, couldn't resist).

The Wiki, as far as it has gone, is pretty good and getting better. The dev team is right there all the time. This coin has a lot going for it. Let's let it grow up a bit.

Several coins will go mainstream. It's not this shit.
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:29:57 AM

Don't quote the trolls..  they are shit.
Also, obviously not smart enough to figure out the benefits of certain currencies.
Probably the type that would stake and spend all their money right away lol

kingpin69

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:38:13 AM

Bottom-Up Promotion

Several coins will go mainstream. It's not this shit.

Looking at your previous posts you seem to be rather inclined to FUD on other coins threads. The sad fact is you actually back a coin called Kittehcoin? Good luck on that getting to the mainstream my friend, as we continue to provide a solid alternative to all the pump and dump POW coins.
CryptoCurrencyInc.com

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:48:55 AM

How often is this coin staking?

If someone have 2000 coins, after he waited 9 days.
is it staking once every 9 days? or is it staking daily?
Im no expert but I think once block stakes it makes to new blocks of roughly equal size and you need wait for stake age again

As an example....
If your block stakes after 9 days (it could be 10, 11, 12 - it's partly luck, partly due to the weight of your block, partly due to the network difficulty)
Then you'll be awarded with the interest, lets say in this case it was 500 HYP
In total you now have 2500 HYP.
The wallet will now split this into 2 equal sized blocks, so now you have:
2 Blocks of 1250 HYP each.

I hope that helps.

I'm still confused with your answer.

Let's say after 9 days, it produce 500 coins.
Total should be 2500 coins

On the 10th day is it still staking? or do I have to wait for another 9 days?

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:17:48 AM

Im no expert but I think once block stakes it makes to new blocks of roughly equal size and you need wait for stake age again

As an example....
If your block stakes after 9 days (it could be 10, 11, 12 - it's partly luck, partly due to the weight of your block, partly due to the network difficulty)

I hope that helps.

just try and you will be know... Wink
iantunc

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:45:36 AM

As an example....

I hope that helps.

Please see How long will it take for my coins to stake? and Do I need to wait 8.8 days again after getting the reward? questions of our FAQ

akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:42:56 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 11:02:24 AM by akula999

As an example....

I hope that helps.

Please see How long will it take for my coins to stake? and Do I need to wait 8.8 days again after getting the reward? questions of our FAQ

Waiting 8.8 days doesn't mean it will stake. To be honest, I still don't understand how it works even after reading the FAQ/How To Guide.
I have 434 Coins in one block and that block has staked in the past, but lately they haven't. I'm going on 21 days and no staking on that block of coins.
I have another block of 1624 coins which I've combined 5 days ago. If nothing stakes in 4 days, then either i'm doing something wrong or something is just not right with this coin.
Before you people start screaming that i'm spreading "FUD", understand that I've had my wallet stake 3 times. But for the last 21 days there have been ZERO staking.
If I hit 30 total days with 1624 coins in one block and it does't stake, then i'm going to just stop staking. Not worth the electricity bill Sad

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
iantunc

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:25:41 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 03:44:13 PM by iantunc

As an example....

I hope that helps.

Waiting 8.8 days doesn't mean it will stake. To be honest, I still don't understand how it works even after reading the FAQ/How To Guide.
I have 434 Coins in one block and that block has staked in the past, but lately they haven't. I'm going on 21 days and no staking on that block of coins.
I have another block of 1624 coins which I've combined 5 days ago. If nothing stakes in 4 days, then either i'm doing something wrong or something is just not right with this coin.
Before you people start screaming that i'm spreading "FUD", understand that I've had my wallet stake 3 times. But for the last 21 days there have been ZERO staking.
If I hit 30 total days with 1624 coins in one block and it does't stake, then i'm going to just stop staking. Not worth the electricity bill Sad

You are right, I will edit some questions to clarify it more and add some new, thanx, work in progress. By now I can say that minting (or mining) starts 8.8 days later after coins receiving (your wallet can be closed during this time). And lasts while your wallet is open and unlocked till your coins stake. 21 days isn't that much for the 434 HYP block. To save electricity, you can wait for your block to gain the weight of 2000-5000 and then open your wallet. You can open your wallet from time to time for a short period (but it does't use an additional electricity like PoW). I will create a glossary to make the FAQ more understandable.
UPD: I've seen blocks with 25000 weight in my life, it's just a matter of luck.

istvandv

Activity: 342

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:26:18 AM

short answer:
if it successfully produced 500 coins
the new 2500 coins would have to wait for another 9 days

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
istvandv

Activity: 342

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:52:22 AM

on 434 coins with 21 days
 - those 434 coins would by now have a weight of 5,294.8
 - 434 * (21 - 8.8 ) = 5,294.8 weight
 - with the current difficulty it would take some luck to successfully stake, it needs to gain more weight, be lucky, or have the POS difficulty go down

on 1624 coins
 - dont expect it to stake after 9 days, it will only begin to gain weight after 9 days
 - 1624 at 8.8 days = 0 weight
 - 1624 at 9.8 days = 1,624 weight
 - 1624 at 10.8 days = 3,248 weight
 - 1624 at 11.8 days = 4,872 weight
 - 1624 at 12.8 days = 6,496 weight

there are more coins staking in the network now hence its getting harder to stake (longer to stake now)

if you want to save electricity then opening the HYP wallet when your 1624 coins have reached ~11.8 days onward would be advisable that way your 434 coins would have also gained more weight and both combined would make it easier to stake successfully

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
CiZ

Activity: 81

HyperStake Member

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:05:09 PM

I need help.  Cry
I found this problems

I waiting more than 1.30 hours and I try to re-open my wallet software but this problem it still

Cry

edit: I have 12 active connections and my Internet Network it OK.

.I'm CiZ my HyperStake Member.
kingpin69

Activity: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:33:20 PM

I need help.  Cry
I found this problems

I waiting more than 1.30 hours and I try to re-open my wallet software but this problem it still

Cry

click tools --> repair wallet.

This will get rid of the orphan and the original block will continue trying to stake
iantunc

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:33:55 PM

I need help.  Cry
I found this problems

Cry

It's not a problem, it's just an unsuccessful attempt to stake called "orphan block". Your money are safe and your block continues to mint and will stake later. Also backup your wallet and do:
Tools -> Repair wallet

mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 01:52:44 PM

Enjoying the stable price increase we're having right now Smiley hoping to invest some more into HYP soon Smiley

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
CiZ

Activity: 81

HyperStake Member

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:53:47 PM

click tools --> repair wallet.

This will get rid of the orphan and the original block will continue trying to stake

It's not a problem, it's just an unsuccessful attempt to stake called "orphan block". Your money are safe and your block continues to mint and will stake later. Also backup your wallet and do:
Tools -> Repair wallet

thanks for your kindness,I couldn't have done it without you.  Smiley

.I'm CiZ my HyperStake Member.
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:32:30 PM

on 434 coins with 21 days
 - those 434 coins would by now have a weight of 5,294.8
 - 434 * (21 - 8.8 ) = 5,294.8 weight
 - with the current difficulty it would take some luck to successfully stake, it needs to gain more weight, be lucky, or have the POS difficulty go down

on 1624 coins
 - dont expect it to stake after 9 days, it will only begin to gain weight after 9 days
 - 1624 at 8.8 days = 0 weight
 - 1624 at 9.8 days = 1,624 weight
 - 1624 at 10.8 days = 3,248 weight
 - 1624 at 11.8 days = 4,872 weight
 - 1624 at 12.8 days = 6,496 weight

there are more coins staking in the network now hence its getting harder to stake (longer to stake now)

if you want to save electricity then opening the HYP wallet when your 1624 coins have reached ~11.8 days onward would be advisable that way your 434 coins would have also gained more weight and both combined would make it easier to stake successfully

So using your guidelines then people getting into this coin now have no chance to stake or must be really lucky? What about the people who've been staking for a longer period, do they take priority in staking payout? I think something fishy is happening here. If staking is taking so long for the normal/new user then why bring in new users? I'm going to investigate this further.

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: