Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:05:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ElTomeko27

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:45:54 AM

I just wanted to put it out there a couple of observations I have made about HyperStake, as well as some future plans I'm personally working on here.

First of all, the price drop in HYP is for many people, disappointing. But realistically, what's changed?
Have there been any fundamental problems with HYP? No.
Is HYP considered to be the most advanced POS wallet with features not seen before in a POS coin? Yes.
Has HYP attracted haters? Most definitely Yes.

What we're seeing now is the realisation by some, that in order for the SAT price to stay the same, day by day, it meant that the new buyers into HYP would have to grow by roughly 2% every day, to keep pace with the rising level of HYP OR that existing holders of HYP decided to grow their holdings, rather than sell.
Consequently, when the buy support for HYP fell after a while, panic has set in, and we now see the SAT price at a low not seen for some time.
However, the current market cap of HYP still stands at 370BTC - this is a far cry from the 50BTC it was when I first checked out HYP's cap - hell, at one point it was even around 35BTC if I remember rightly.

So, what's the point of my writing?

Even though the price, for many, is lower than they bought in, compared to just 4 months ago, the overall market cap of HYP has grown at least 7 fold.
You'll  have seen many new coins go crazy at some point - with HYP it hit the headlines, and people jumped on the bandwagon - some making a good profit, others not doing so well. From a personal perspective, I can say that I've managed to do most of my Christmas shopping from selling a bit of my staked coins, but I'm still holding the vast majority of my HYP and will continue to do so.

It's also worth noting that whoever is dumping now, is dumping into the hands of some of the biggest holders of HYP.
I know this because I keep a good eye on the top wallets on the richlist, and I keep getting knocked down the list (big holders topping up), and RARELY do I see my place going up the list (big holders selling).

Now, looking at things from a different angle, where does the value of any crypto-coin come from? If you look at it from a physical business point of view,valuations are generally built on assets, profitability, future earnings potential, etc etc....

Over the last couple of weeks, I've personally been looking into ways of integrating FIAT based services with that of HyperStake, allowing a constant stream of $$$ / £££ / €€€ to be used to buy up HYP from the market, and hold, as a business asset.
Whilst this is still in development, I have a strong feeling this will prove to be successful, as it will offer benefits to everyone involved.
It will add another string to the bow of HYP, so to speak, and for those who want to get involved, it could prove to be a real game changer.

Great post.

Big holders will be left with tons of worthless coins when the majority of users lose interest in HYP b/c demand does not meet supply. In all fairness, what kind of coin HYP would be if its supply was distributed at 70% among the top ten addy? Just saying......
As you mentioned, the benefits should be offered to everyone involved, small holders included, which at the current rate of devaluation, is far from being the case (i.e given that one bought in at 5K a few weeks ago). It's ok for big holders to stake even when HYP's value decrease by 15% on a daily basis.

We need a deadline on the project you're working on, HYP's use in the real economy is what we're looking forward to. Keep up the good work.

+1 Serby

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cycoinminer

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:01:09 AM

Great post.

Big holders will be left with tons of worthless coins when the majority of users lose interest in HYP b/c demand does not meet supply. In all fairness, what kind of coin HYP would be if its supply was distributed at 70% among the top ten addy? Just saying......
As you mentioned, the benefits should be offered to everyone involved, small holders included, which at the current rate of devaluation, is far from being the case (i.e given that one bought in at 5K a few weeks ago). It's ok for big holders to stake even when HYP's value decrease by 15% on a daily basis.

We need a deadline on the project you're working on, HYP's use in the real economy is what we're looking forward to. Keep up the good work.

I'm not sure of the % of coins held by the top wallets without checking (it's nowhere near 70%), but I know for instance, I hold less than 1% of coins, and I'm within the top 20-25 wallets usually.
As you'd expect to find though, the Devs Presstab and David hold a nice chunk of coins, but don't forget they've used a LOT of these coins for giveaways, promotions etc - and they're not just sitting back and doing nothing - they're actively developing HYP, be it technically or otherwise.
Do they deserve to be the top holders? Of course they do - hell, if they hadn't developed HYP in the first place, it wouldn't even exist.  Tongue

With regards to a deadline, I'll say from now that there's not going to be something concrete, written in stone, from me. It's my own initiative that I'm working on, and like others, I have a full time job, as well as a social life - that said, I'd like to see this come to fruition sooner rather than later.

For anyone else out there though, I would strongly suggest to yourselves to sit back, and think - "what can I do personally, to help advance HYP?" If it's nothing, no worries, but if you have ideas, skills, thoughts in the back of your mind you'd like to explore, then get on the IRC channel and share them. Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
Serby

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:11:25 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 11:32:10 AM by Serby

Great post.

I'm not sure of the % of coins held by the top wallets without checking (it's nowhere near 70%), but I know for instance, I hold less than 1% of coins, and I'm within the top 20-25 wallets usually.
As you'd expect to find though, the Devs Presstab and David hold a nice chunk of coins, but don't forget they've used a LOT of these coins for giveaways, promotions etc - and they're not just sitting back and doing nothing - they're actively developing HYP, be it technically or otherwise.
Do they deserve to be the top holders? Of course they do - hell, if they hadn't developed HYP in the first place, it wouldn't even exist.  Tongue

With regards to a deadline, I'll say from now that there's not going to be something concrete, written in stone, from me. It's my own initiative that I'm working on, and like others, I have a full time job, as well as a social life - that said, I'd like to see this come to fruition sooner rather than later.

For anyone else out there though, I would strongly suggest to yourselves to sit back, and think - "what can I do personally, to help advance HYP?" If it's nothing, no worries, but if you have ideas, skills, thoughts in the back of your mind you'd like to explore, then get on the IRC channel and share them. Nothing ventured is nothing gained.

Where the hell did I say anything about the Devs, not to mention 'sitting back and doing nothing', stop putting words in my mouth. As for your 1% of coins held by the top wallets, how much does that make from the network weight angle?

Now, seriously, the idea of buyers asking themselves that kind of question (i.e what should I do to help advance HYP) is a bit far streched, to say the least.
cycoinminer

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:24:34 AM

Where the hell did I mention the Devs, not to mention 'sitting back and doing nothing', stop putting words in my mouth. As for your 1% of coins held by the top wallets, how does that make from the network weight angle?

You didn't mate - I was just talking out loud - I do that quite often, wasn't trying to put words in anyone's mouth.

mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 12:41:51 PM

HYP is really getting murdered right now.. I wonder when floor will hit :p

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:06:25 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 02:10:29 PM by iantunc

I don't completely agree with presstab declining the idea of HyperShield. Cryptocurrencies are the logical continuation of fiat currencies, they step much further but still can inherit merits of good old fiat monetary system if really need. Every government will manually stabilize liquidity and exchange rate if being in harsh times.

Our final goal is to create a consumer economy (money inflow and turnover), i.e. attract merchants. But merchants (as also minor investors) will only come to a predictable and more or less unfluctuating market. Which is possible only if something or someone will back HyperStake.

Searching for monster investors interested in a long-term big share of HYP should be our priority in the development process. We must target tech moguls who follow only major trends in the cryptocurrency world and present them the Big idea of HyperStake (green mining) as well as investment perspectives. It can be done via paid advertisements in pro-oriented media (covered by donations). Some free virus campaigns can be conducted in parallel (look what is trending and create interesting messages connected with it that can be tied to the brand).

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 02:30:36 PM

Sure I think that lots of people confuse supply inflation and price inflation. HyperStake obviously has no control over exchange rates between HyperStake and other coins such as bitcoin, monero, doge, litecoin.  There was talk about a market stabilization fund "HyperShield", but I was largely against it because I didn't want to create a false sense of security.  These are crypto currency markets and typically crypto currency markets are very volatile, it only takes a few whales selling out to drop the price significantly and thats what we are seeing.

Agree with you about HyperShield presstab, very honest/logical from your side.

Dont worry about price guys, this will be stable soon or later when ppl start to realize that High PoS is the future of the alt coins, and hyperstake is on of the best High PoS coins, just going  on and all will be ok.

Keep the good job guys!.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
ElTomeko27

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:39:20 PM

Sure I think that lots of people confuse supply inflation and price inflation. HyperStake obviously has no control over exchange rates between HyperStake and other coins such as bitcoin, monero, doge, litecoin.  There was talk about a market stabilization fund "HyperShield", but I was largely against it because I didn't want to create a false sense of security.  These are crypto currency markets and typically crypto currency markets are very volatile, it only takes a few whales selling out to drop the price significantly and thats what we are seeing.

Dont worry about price guys, this will be stable soon or later when ppl start to realize that High PoS is the future of the alt coins, and hyperstake is on of the best High PoS coins, just going  on and all will be ok.

Keep the good job guys!.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...
breakbeater

Activity: 444

Life is a bitch, get used to it...

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:49:39 PM

LOL @ HYP
I wonder how many days until 1 sat  Grin Grin
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:57:00 PM

I think we need the devs to chime in , to help calm the investors. Maybe a long detailed post on whats happening, and what the plans are to put the brakes on this free fall. Did HYP over inflate itself?  I dont think so, money supply is 46 MIL, thats not a lot for a coin. Im trying to figure out what started this. Meanwhile TRK has trippled its value in 24 hrs. Hmmm...

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
ElTomeko27

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:01:53 PM

I think we need the devs to chime in , to help calm the investors. Maybe a long detailed post on whats happening, and what the plans are to put the brakes on this free fall. Did HYP over inflate itself?  I dont think so, money supply is 46 MIL, thats not a lot for a coin. Im trying to figure out what started this. Meanwhile TRK has trippled its value in 24 hrs. Hmmm...

46 MIL coins is not A LOT?? Smiley

TRK is another shit on the list to pump...maybe people are selling hyp for TRK who knows...
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:12:24 PM

Ok.. so this is not the only coin affected.  Just went to sell my canna, that I was just selling for 4400 sat 24 hours ago, and now its at 1800 sat!?!? What the hell is going on?

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
ElTomeko27

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:17:32 PM

Ok.. so this is not the only coin affected.  Just went to sell my canna, that I was just selling for 4400 sat 24 hours ago, and now its at 1800 sat!?!? What the hell is going on?

You mean cannacoin on poloniex?? Nice buy support...0.01974841 BTC
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:19:59 PM

Ok.. so this is not the only coin affected.  Just went to sell my canna, that I was just selling for 4400 sat 24 hours ago, and now its at 1800 sat!?!? What the hell is going on?

ya.. your quite the fucking smartass.. what are you invested in Einstein?

Vegas

ElTomeko27

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:21:03 PM

ya.. your quite the fucking smartass.. what are you invested in Einstein?

Vegas

neeee Grin I bought some HYP Cool
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:25:06 PM

Then stop fudding and making things worse for all of us. Your not an expert.. as your the same clown that said and I quote: "Tranz any chance to add coin control to CAPs?? Roll Eyes".. That was a few days ago. If you have something positive to help this situation then contribute, otherwise STFU because your making the panic worse.

Vegas

ElTomeko27

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:32:14 PM

Then stop fudding and making things worse for all of us. Your not an expert.. as your the same clown that said and I quote: "Tranz any chance to add coin control to CAPs?? Roll Eyes".. That was a few days ago. If you have something positive to help this situation then contribute, otherwise STFU because your making the panic worse.

Vegas

Forgive me that I asked about something I didn't know

BTW how is that clown asking about cap reward??"I see on the op it says "200% yearly degrading stake, with 1000 coin max reward". What is the largest block size to get that 1000 cap reward.. is it 10,000 coin block, is that right?"

Oh..Its YOU... Embarrassed
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:35:47 PM

Coin control has been in cap since the last probably 10 wallet releases. Nuff said.

Vegas

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:37:45 PM

Guys what if we band together, and buyout that sell wall on polo to raise the price. We will need atleast 20 of us to make a commitment. its an idea. The will turn the momentum the other way, and people will begin to see the price go up and will regain confidence.

Vegas

ElTomeko27

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:38:54 PM

Coin control has been in cap since the last probably 10 wallet releases. Nuff said.

Vegas

Math is since antiquity. Same here...
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: