Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:05:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679269 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:00:22 PM

I got 2 more payouts too.. but is not even close compared to if I mined HBN and sold and bought HYP. Im gonna give it more time I think. I think I jumped on the pool too soon.

vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:02:01 PM

I'm not sure why someone would want to mergemine a PoS coin.
it be innovative, and definitely neat. Also both coins would benefit as stakers would help secure both networks and be rewarded for it.
As long as we are the coin to merge mine with and not the coin merge mining with another one, why not.

ANycoins we should talk to?  I think we could start with TRK (as that's where we came from), then maybe TEK, HBN, and Caps. What do you guys think? Anyone that could reach out to these coins?

If we could merge mine TRK, TEK,HYP,CAP,HBN, that would be crypto haven. I wonder how tranz will respond.. Tek is dying, so im sure they would be in. It would be a first "merge mined POS"!! If this happends.. anyone would be a fool to mine anything else.

Vegas

My worry is if we do mergemine PoS and the coin we are mining goes off the rails (massive FUD storm, community goes sour etc) will it effect Hyperstake?  Since the two coins at that point would be closely related since it will be using the same share to validate among two block chains I would say it could take a toll on HYP.

All these coins are highly respected and the devs are very well respected in the community, and the best at what they do. The only one I might leave out is tek, because that coin has NEVER been right. Then again, with the help of Tranz and presstab and David, maybe bring on Tek and give it the repairs it badly needs. There is a GOLDMINE here if this happens.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:03:41 PM

Ya.. good point lets look it up..
[...]

Going by the network statistics, you're absolutely right in that you should/will have mined as many HBN (if not even more) in this recent period when compared to your earlier 24h sample. I just double checked, and found that the block reward remained unchanged as well (5 coins per block ever since launch).

I think that really just leaves a couple of options:
a) Delayed payout, in which case you'll find out soon enough
b) Poor pool performance (rejects, high orphan rate, too little hashrate to find enough blocks on a 24H window, etc)
c) Pool switching to other coins in this period (with even lower BTC profitability rate)
d) Poor trading performance by the pool op (sell low, buy high)
e) Mining Variance. Most noticeable in a small'ish pool, that for the same conditions (same nethash, difficulty, exchange rates), one day might be swell and superbly profitable, while the next day turns out just the opposite.

In any case, I think that it will take a good few days to have a proper idea of the multipool performance and even just to exclude variance (1 unlucky day). Also, the pool op has to fine tune his trading skills for the HYP that he purchases for the payouts, and needs to establish the initial buffer of the 'mining > trading > payout' cycle.

I'm not trying to defend or oppose the multipool in any way, nor your (entirely valid) observations about performance/profitability.
As I see it, and for everyone's benefit, we want the multipool to do well!
That said, we need to find out what's causing the odd performance/payouts, so we can fixit(tm).

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:09:39 PM

it be innovative, and definitely neat. Also both coins would benefit as stakers would help secure both networks and be rewarded for it.
As long as we are the coin to merge mine with and not the coin merge mining with another one, why not.

ANycoins we should talk to?  I think we could start with TRK (as that's where we came from), then maybe TEK, HBN, and Caps. What do you guys think? Anyone that could reach out to these coins?

The problem with merge minting is that those other coins have little reason to be merge minted. They are nowhere near the point where demand for stake blocks would be better met by combining minting "hash" power. The reason multipool minting works for HYP is the very conservative 1k HYP stake block max reward. Since some people are already using 4k HYP blocks to stake quicker, and in some cases "giving up" stake since they have age/rewards beyond the block max, HYP *could* get to the point where you need 5k, 10k, or even 15k HYP, if the difficulty is raised high enough, to efficiently hit the 1k HYP reward.

It's all very clever Smiley

Crazyloaf..what do YOU know about POS coins..j/k man. Good to see you!! What do you think of Balls? Anyway I think this could work.. what about an exclusive merge mine pool with all high POS coins, and a MUCH higher fee that splits between the devs.. say 5%. The hashpower would be the highest EVER. Hell, add balls in the mix, and raise it to 7% pool fees.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:12:27 PM

ANycoins we should talk to?  I think we could start with TRK (as that's where we came from), then maybe TEK, HBN, and Caps. What do you guys think? Anyone that could reach out to these coins?

If we could merge mine TRK, TEK,HYP,CAP,HBN, that would be crypto haven. I wonder how tranz will respond.. Tek is dying, so im sure they would be in. It would be a first "merge mined POS"!! If this happends.. anyone would be a fool to mine anything else.

Vegas

TEK ain't dyin' Cheesy It's just not a fast growth coin.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 07:16:32 PM

Suggested order of integration
1. TRK
2. HBN
3. CAP
4. MINT
4. PHS
5. GRW
6. TEK

My worry is if we do mergemine PoS and the coin we are mining goes off the rails (massive FUD storm, community goes sour etc) will it effect Hyperstake?  Since the two coins at that point would be closely related since it will be using the same share to validate among two block chains I would say it could take a toll on HYP.
I don't think what happends on the daughter coin affects the mother coin. Does LTC suffers or benefit from DOGE (out of the recognition to be "valuable enough" for being a mothercoin for DOGE)? I don't think so, so for me it is a pretty safe bet. Now, I am not an expert on merge mining economy.

The problem with merge minting is that those other coins have little reason to be merge minted.
Network protection and multipool raping? PHS had to go full PoS because of this.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:38:32 PM

The problem with merge minting is that those other coins have little reason to be merge minted. They are nowhere near the point where demand for stake blocks would be better met by combining minting "hash" power. The reason multipool minting works for HYP is the very conservative 1k HYP stake block max reward. Since some people are already using 4k HYP blocks to stake quicker, and in some cases "giving up" stake since they have age/rewards beyond the block max, HYP *could* get to the point where you need 5k, 10k, or even 15k HYP, if the difficulty is raised high enough, to efficiently hit the 1k HYP reward.

Crazyloaf..what do YOU know about POS coins..j/k man. Good to see you!! What do you think of Balls? Anyway I think this could work.. what about an exclusive merge mine pool with all high POS coins, and a MUCH higher fee that splits between the devs.. say 5%. The hashpower would be the highest EVER. Hell, add balls in the mix, and raise it to 7% pool fees.

BALLS are going to be broken, literally. I can tell right now that it's going to split to an insane amount of blocks if you just leave it running, and there is no coin control to undo that. If you look at the comments on the thread (it will inflate to 50M BALLS), I'd honestly be worried to play with them beyond a pure hobby. Not being aware of compound interest is scary imo Shocked It's a pure play to take some HYP thunder, but luckily, they don't know what they are doing over there Wink

Also, I say it's time to focus efforts on a single high PoS coin, that being HYP. This is the first chance we have for something beyond a hobby coin. I am doing this in my own portfolio. Like I said before, HYP or Bust.

careful there. The old saying about eggs in one basket is very true. This is still a very young coin. I'm trying to focus on about three major ones and a few others for the sake of doing it. Those three, in order of holdings atm, are HYP, TEK, and HBN. There are many I like, and I would actually like to become a developer, but my coding skills are not anywhere near that level yet.
4x13
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:42:50 PM

The purpose of the multipool is not to just make money from the direct mining, (You won't be able to atm) but there are other things that are going to be effected, there will be buy pressure which is good for everyone. we need the value of each HYP to go up and stay up. you need to look at the future, not just what can be sold/dumped immediately..

of the 12TH, I can account for 9.5 of it. there is no loss in the longterm.
locohammerhead

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:47:28 PM

I got 2 more payouts too.. but is not even close compared to if I mined HBN and sold and bought HYP. Im gonna give it more time I think. I think I jumped on the pool too soon.

vegas

I think you and I both will continue to get payouts from a few days prior as coins mature, sell and are converted to HYP.  I know the pool is STILL counting up shares from yesterdays round.  That being said I moved my ASICS back to the multipool because of that fact.

Don't give up on it just yet Smiley 

We also need to take into account the price of HYP in regards to multipool payout.  When the price is higher multipool payouts will be lower and visa versa.

4x13
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:47:52 PM

would someone be so kind as to build a Mac OS X version please
4x13
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:49:57 PM

That is a good thing, HYP was in a lul last month, with the multipool, the buy pressure should cause the price to swing up, and if the buy pressure stay it should stay elevated as well. it's a win/win
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 07:59:59 PM

Don't have to worry about that Wink A nice core portfolio is BTC (public ledger/network effects) + XMR (private ledger/whale support) + HYP (hedge/crypto asset/mining alternative).
Could not have said better. Or maybe "public store of value, private store of value, creator of store of value".

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
kevink

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:02:38 PM

BALLS are going to be broken, literally. I can tell right now that it's going to split to an insane amount of blocks if you just leave it running, and there is no coin control to undo that. If you look at the comments on the thread (it will inflate to 50M BALLS), I'd honestly be worried to play with them beyond a pure hobby. Not being aware of compound interest is scary imo Shocked It's a pure play to take some HYP thunder, but luckily, they don't know what they are doing over there Wink

Also, I say it's time to focus efforts on a single high PoS coin, that being HYP. This is the first chance we have for something beyond a hobby coin. I am doing this in my own portfolio. Like I said before, HYP or Bust.

careful there. The old saying about eggs in one basket is very true. This is still a very young coin. I'm trying to focus on about three major ones and a few others for the sake of doing it. Those three, in order of holdings atm, are HYP, TEK, and HBN. There are many I like, and I would actually like to become a developer, but my coding skills are not anywhere near that level yet.

I also hold HBN, TEK and HYP. I agree completely about eggs in one basket. I love the fact that some of the eggs in all three baskets keep hatching daily!!!
billotronic
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:17:48 PM

the github hasn't been updated yet, but here is the osx version of 1.0.7.1

https://mega.co.nz/#!Jo0SgYTZ!Fz2LFb8C1pPfUPxLNxXyYiGBA067RJ9orxvYNH-wGbU

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:37:14 PM

the github hasn't been updated yet, but here is the osx version of 1.0.7.1

https://mega.co.nz/#!Jo0SgYTZ!Fz2LFb8C1pPfUPxLNxXyYiGBA067RJ9orxvYNH-wGbU

Quick Robin... to the GitHub

Updated now Smiley

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:54:00 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 10:41:25 PM by vegasguy

Im another that holds all high pos coins, with a heavier weight on HYP and TRK. Got strong holdings on CAP, HBN, gave up on Tek . Got some triangles because of 30% POS and 1 hr minimum stake time (Many times I stake the same coin 8-10 times in 1 day), and some captcoin 30% POS 8 hr minimum stake time, got top V2 50% pos, and about 500 balls for the hell of it, and see what happens.

Vegas

mtwelve
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 11:43:50 PM

Market is approaching yet again one cent per HYP, time to recover Smiley Congrats to anyone that got in at the floor!

ALSO

I just updated to the new wallet, and my weight jumped from 16K to 73K... Is this normal? Here are the two blocks TXID for reference

(4k block, age of 11.43, 10800 confirmations currently)
a1dbee97d4e6ad49e91814bba80b310e0de3ac7aade31502bf399c4c177561b2

(2.7 k block, age of 11.07, 10465 confirmations currently)
eb4f12ce66c928346c4341964aefcabe6103a659e0bbc35114120f9527ede5b4

What is this? Can someone explain?

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 11:50:07 PM

My trading plan:
1. Become HYPlionaire - done
2. Sell at least* 25% of my stake on XMR/HYP when the price is at 5K or more, until I get 10K XMR (estimated top 50 in XMR)
3. Do the same on BTC/HYP until I recoverered all the EUR I spent on crypto
4. Either buy a lot of MINT to sustain the price (NOT a investment advice - I'm just sentimental with MINT) or buy XAG (silver), very undervalued
5. We'll see.

* at least because in the context of HyperShield phase I (breaking the pump), I could sell up to 100% of my stake.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:56:33 PM

Market is approaching yet again one cent per HYP, time to recover Smiley Congrats to anyone that got in at the floor!

ALSO

I just updated to the new wallet, and my weight jumped from 16K to 73K... Is this normal? Here are the two blocks TXID for reference

(4k block, age of 11.43, 10800 confirmations currently)
a1dbee97d4e6ad49e91814bba80b310e0de3ac7aade31502bf399c4c177561b2

(2.7 k block, age of 11.07, 10465 confirmations currently)
eb4f12ce66c928346c4341964aefcabe6103a659e0bbc35114120f9527ede5b4

What is this? Can someone explain?

Yes the weight in the wallet is now recalculated to exactly match the weight used in the PoS hashing process.

Weight now equals:
Code:
	int64 nTimePassed = nIntervalEnd - nIntervalBeginning;
if (nTimePassed > nStakeMinAgeV2)
return min(nTimePassed, (int64)nStakeMaxAge) - nStakeMinAge; //nStakeMinAge is 8 hours
else
return min(nTimePassed, (int64)nStakeMaxAge) - nStakeMinAgeV2; //nStakeMinAgeV2 is 8.8 days

This makes your weight go up, and will make your calculated stake time go down (innaccurately). I will be monitoring my average stake times and adjust the predictions to be more accurate for the next release.

I just thought it would be best to reflect what is actually considered the weight by the wallet.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
mtwelve
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 11:59:00 PM

Awesome, thanks. How was it calculated in layman terms (that code made no sense to me Grin) before hand? yeah, it's saying estimated staking time is now 8-12 hours compared to 2-5 days or something..... And now is the time first time I think I'm going to hit the 1k subsidy block Tongue max generation is becoming an ever current problem haha

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: