Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:20:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 04:01:08 PM

Is it possible to give the wallet a Minimum block size somehow so that if u stake those blocks get combined into the blocksize u set ?
If this option is there already and i missed it please point me in the right direction.
This is unrelated to theme and Zeewolf is on theming. By quoting him, you're implying he should do something about it. In the future, please avoid quoting someone unrelated to your question, it just leads to confusion.
Now regarding your question: this is already being done and we (the core team, but mostly presstab) are working on making it work better.

On another note: congratulations Zeewolf for your skin. Hyperblue is outpacing my expectations! Blue brushed metal, small orange underlining, "technological" progress bar... Wow!

Also, happy to see you back, Foxy! (no, your post were great, really. Not a big fan of large centered post but the rest was great,)
And congratulations to waxo for taking the lead on Twitter. We already got +40% followers (yes, we shall always be wary of numbers, but this is still important).

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:07:21 PM

ok, im done here gl.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 04:25:41 PM

I created a Trello account for HyperStake. It is empty for the moment, but seeing how Mintcoin and Monero make heavy use of it, I'm confident it may help with handling scalability.
https://trello.com/hyperstake

Zeewolf, could you create a trello account for you? Presstab and waxo to, as will as mafort and bitmaster.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:33:02 PM

Is it possible to give the wallet a Minimum block size somehow so that if u stake those blocks get combined into the blocksize u set ?
If this option is there allready and i missed it please point me in the right direction.

I will be working on this, but nothing has been set in code yet. I think I will be able to use the same framework from S4C and mod it to combine blocks. This is something that won't be done immediately though, probably one or two wallet releases from now.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:28:22 PM

Ive compiled the Raspberri Pi wallet for version 1.05
you can find it Here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!D5Ek3CDY!Uu3hdJaKOd5KwhdkFmBhaDwcCU5wKhsTyx6gAXsXKD0

Use the Bootstrap file or it will take forever to download the blockchain.
Located Here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1zva60jizzoe3y/bootstrap.zip (in the Ann on first page)

If u want to compile it yourself just remove the -msse2 command from the Makefile 2ce and it should work (tnx to Presstab for pointing that out to me).
(it will take a while)

Thanks for this! I will add it to the OP!

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:14:43 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 08:01:57 PM by presstab

Zeewolf: it is possible to change the style for something more blue (da ba dee)

Sure thing, I'll look into it. Nice idea David.

Regarding themes - level of advancement is pretty high (presstab has already seen that, but it would be nice to know what others think) :
  • switching themes from Theme menu (last screen) - menu items are not hardcoded (you can add new theme in /themes/[themeName] and it will show in menu - no coding/compiling needed)
  • using variables in qss stylesheets - I've tried sass, less and stylus (css oriented solutions) but they don't work very well with qss-specific declarations - so I coded my own simple solution - one can define colors/properties/even whole blocks and use it to style Qt elements just by using variable name - no more replacing all occurences in qss
  • my working stylesheet (name it HyperBlue for now) is about 80-90% complete (as shown on screenshots)
  • ^^^ these are foundations allowing me (or anyone else) quickly and efficiently maintain existing or build new themes

I love this new theme!! and having customizable themes is going to really make the HYP wallet stand out against the competition.

Trololoh

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:10:30 AM

Regarding themes - level of advancement is pretty high (presstab has already seen that, but it would be nice to know what others think) :
  • switching themes from Theme menu (last screen) - menu items are not hardcoded (you can add new theme in /themes/[themeName] and it will show in menu - no coding/compiling needed)
  • using variables in qss stylesheets - I've tried sass, less and stylus (css oriented solutions) but they don't work very well with qss-specific declarations - so I coded my own simple solution - one can define colors/properties/even whole blocks and use it to style Qt elements just by using variable name - no more replacing all occurences in qss
  • my working stylesheet (name it HyperBlue for now) is about 80-90% complete (as shown on screenshots)
  • ^^^ these are foundations allowing me (or anyone else) quickly and efficiently maintain existing or build new themes

Maybe a little tweak of the icons ?
Here on my screen they look like white a bit too much contrast.
Thanks and good work !
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:43:28 AM

Thanks and good work !

Probably it's the matter of screen. On my screen (MacBook Pro 17") they look awesome.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
iantunc

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:59:58 AM

Thanks and good work !

Probably it's the matter of screen. On my screen (MacBook Pro 17") they look awesome.

But there is the question of color schemes.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:19:52 AM

Thanks and good work !

Schemes and stylesheets will be able to be customized to the user's own preferences by the user, and probably on runtime.  So no need to worry about picking apart any detail you don't like, just mod it!

bitmaster222

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:28:52 AM

Wow... that's one of the coolest wallets iv seen in a long time, looks great!  Grin
iantunc

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:32:13 AM

Thanks and good work !

Schemes and stylesheets will be able to be customized to the user's own preferences by the user, and probably on runtime.  So no need to worry about picking apart any detail you don't like, just mod it!

Ok, thanx! But it is also important to make this process so easy to be accessible for children)

zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:20:36 AM

Staking is taking so long......

I have some coins with a weight of 28903. Are they close? What's the best weight for coins to stake??
iantunc

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:36:52 AM

Staking is taking so long......

I have some coins with a weight of 28903. Are they close? What's the best weight for coins to stake??

Staking is just an another way of mining, so a successful result depends on luck. But 28903 is a rather big weight for today's difficulty. Staking may occur with a weight of few thousands, and you can confidently count on staking with the weight of 5000-10000 now, but not in 100% of cases.

waxo

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:05:41 AM

i have a special request for Presstab and David :

let's  make a video tutorial  for HYP , it will be great for the new holders to understand how it works exactly  with a simple video .

And also this is an occasion to be on Youtube .

We are on the C-cex voting page --->  https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 11:39:27 AM

Ok, thanx! But it is also important to make this process so easy to be accessible for children)
Good idea! HyperStake could be used as an educative tool, like piggycoin wanted to be. With a children-oriented theme (what does it mean, really?) to teach the virtue of saving (stake) and sharing some (stake for charity on a secondary wallet for Mother's day, for instance.

Definitely something to consider. A recent article in a major French newspaper noted the financial analphabetism (link in French) was rising.

let's  make a video tutorial  for HYP , it will be great for the new holders to understand how it works exactly  with a simple video .

And also this is an occasion to be on Youtube .

We are on the C-cex voting page --->  https://c-cex.com/?id=vote
I am favorable to the video (and later a video for children - remember, child != mentallly challenged). I won't be able to monitor this until the 23rd, though.

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:06:32 PM

I created a Trello account for HyperStake. It is empty for the moment, but seeing how Mintcoin and Monero make heavy use of it, I'm confident it may help with handling scalability.
https://trello.com/hyperstake

Zeewolf, could you create a trello account for you? Presstab and waxo to, as will as mafort and bitmaster.

David, I already have a trello account. I am mafort1469 there as well. Trello is a good community place for information. Will work well for things.
B3dr0ck

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:31:44 PM

Just dropping in to say hello - good work on HYP

(aka MinerTradingProphet)
iantunc

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:23:10 PM

Hello, B3dr0ck! Glad to see you here, thank you for the kind words!

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 01:38:44 PM

David, I already have a trello account. I am mafort1469 there as well. Trello is a good community place for information. Will work well for things.
Thanks, invited.

Hello, B3dr0ck! Glad to see you here, thank you for the kind words!
Another one bites the HYP!

Presstab, Monero will move to gitian binaries and Fluttercoin already did. I'm adding it as a proposal on Trello, on the coding board. For information, dear readers, gitian binaries is a way to be sure that the binaries comes from the source, so the only way for them to be corrupted is for the source itself to be corrupted. Except for the most paranoid, this basically relieve you from checking the binaries against VirusTotal.com and thus increases confidence for the majority of users who don't AV-check the binaries.

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: