Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:26:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Trololoh

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:14:42 PM

To be complete :
You stake your stacks.
Sometimes ppl use piles and not stack, but I prefer stacks since a pile suggest a BIG stack.
Then there are ppl who prefer steaks rather then stakes but they are very likely not into POS coins or crypto all together.
So to steak or not to stake a stack would not be the question for them.
While for some of us to steak or stake a stack would be a difficult question to answer, especially if you have a good apatite for both, whether steak or a stake.

Which begs the question:
How much will I stake if I have a stack of steaks?  Roll Eyes
Damn good question !
I think it depends on the size of your cooking gear ?  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CiZ

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

HyperStake Member

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:21:09 PM

I think some antivirus scanners assume any mining software is a virus. Don't forget that there are viruses that create a network of cpu miners without you knowing.

ok sir  Grin
how to use pool mining ?
i read http://thepool.pw/HYP/?f=howto but i not understand some step.

1.download miner software (https://mega.co.nz/#!K55nFZZA!fXtuSdqyz0UuKhzJvYAuSoQBG957BS-PMMajLUCnbNY)

2.sgminer.conf how to config ?
Code:
"url" : "stratum+tcp://east01.us.trademybit.com:5550",
"user" : "yourworker.1",
"pass" : "password"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://west01.us.trademybit.com:5550",
"user" : "yourworker.2",
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://am01.eu.trademybit.com:5550",
"user" : "yourworker.3",
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://east02.us.trademybit.com:5550",
"user" : "yourworker.4",
it's need config ?

3.miner use with "sgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://thepool.pw:XXXX -u HYPWalletAccount -p x
4.what the "Shares" ?

.I'm CiZ my HyperStake Member.
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 05:11:01 PM

Speaking of altcoin SIG campaigns, here's what one altcoin is doing.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=821434.0

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
kevink

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:11:05 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 06:21:26 PM by kevink

HYP MULTIPOOL IS LIVE

http://thepool.pw/HYP/

Please referer to this how to http://thepool.pw/HYP/?f=howto for more details on how to set up the miners, the multipool does not require registration, the miners must use their HYP address as worker name to receive payment.
Great!  Grin Grin

Just added the little hash power that I have, 1.35TH to the multi-pool. I figure that the little bit BTC that I was making will go a lot further by the automated buy orders it will help create on the exchange.

Everyone that owns HYP and has some type of mining rig, keep in mind, not only are you building your HYP holdings with out having to manually trade to get the HYP, you are also helping to maintain a more stable HYP market on the exchange. This helps you become more profitable with HYP.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 06:40:06 PM

I am a bit confused with Hyperloan concept...

What is the goal ? Making people discover the coin ?

But if someone ask to be on the list for Hyperloan, he must have already a good vision of the coin ? ???

HyperLoan is a reward for outstanding promotional efforts. It also plays a role of a product sampling for those who don't have any HYP but like the idea.
HyperLoan is first and foremost a way to increase the visibility of HyperStake by giving a one-time access to "super-faucet". This acces, though; comes with a price: you must ask for it, create a dedicated address and give the principal back. All of this requires you to understand how HyperStake works. That's why I also compare HyperLoan to a serious game: you learn something (HYP) by playing (staking and using coin control). Experience proves that even longtime holders learn things about Hyperstake (creating a address, splitting block to try to optimise their staking...)

The outstanding promotional efforts are "just" a way to prioritize candidates - I did not expected such a success, so I had to find a way to sort people.

If just updated http://hyperstake.wikia.com/wiki/HyperLoan to make it clearer for newcomers.

At okay. So the HYP Wiki is also wrong because I see it says stacking several times throughout?
Yes, since I wrote most of the content. :)

IDEA

While all this talk goes around about a multipool for HYP and we already have a POS pool there should be a way/incentive to combine the two....
HyperPool and MultiPool are different things, although the confusion is easy to make and so shall be worked upon.
  • The multipool is an "alt multipool" like what exist since Blackcoin invented the concept: a multipool (that is, a coin-switching pool, mining the most profitable coin and dumping it for BTC) that uses the BTC to buy HYP, creating a constant buy pressure. We might improve upon it by using something similar to DMD, which, instead of using its own code, build upon experienced multipools like wafflepool or mining services like nicehash. So, it becomes a sort of "meta-alt-multipool" (like there are "meta-search engines").
  • HyperPool on the other hand is a first of its kind, a real innovation. It continues the comparison of PoS with PoW. PoS is just another way of mining (a greener one, by the way). So, like for PoW, we see a concentration of mining power which leaves small miners unable to mine much. Just like, for PoW, solo-mining ultimately becomes useless (except for securing the network) because "the fat boys get it all" and thus pool mining was created, with HyperPool, we are doing the same thing for PoS. Giving small miners a chance to stake in a reasonable amount of time. United we stand :).

I hope the difference between multipool and HyperPool is more clear. For information, HyperPool was first called StackingPool - which doesn't uses our marque "Hyper" but is easier to understand, I believe. Probably one could say that HyperPool is the first ever stackingpool.
(this also means that your Idea #1 is not applicable)

IDEA(2nd)

Why not start a signature campaign? If we have enough HYP staking the rewards should be able to keep the HYP signature payout self sustaining. It wouldn't have to be much, perhaps we could start with 1-10 HYP per post.... Extra if it points to HYP in some way. What we don't want is to start spamming HYP tho, which most sig campaigns do.... I wouldn't be able to design a sig campaign, but sure would love to manage it via excel, or google spreadsheets for transparency.
Do you mean something like Primedice, where people get some BTC just for displaying the primedice link on their signature? If yes, it could only be considered if it can be automated.

I will investigate your Greencoin link later.

Multipool is also a great feat and community strenghtener. Not trying to sound copycat, but the multipool website 2.0 that Blackcoin devs designed was great and gave a sense of strenght. Also the multipool fees had an option to, for example, set up 1 or 2  % to the pool operators AND 1% or 2% towards the Shield.

Im still not much convinced about the success of the shield, tho. Seen lots of them and they eventually always fail if macro fails. But maybe is a matter of size, for example, i dont think XMR dumpers will be able to break Rpietila 100 Wall on Polo... Lets see. Also i expect great things from David's shield. With his experience im sure he will have one or two tricks under his sleeve.
Either the HyperPool website (centralised) or Multisend with a triggers on originating address (decentralised) could be used for HYP. Daisy-chaining the pool to the buy wall? (pool to wallet to buy wall)? Yep, possible, that the power of daisy-chaining :)

We yesterday had a brainstorming session on IRC and the result looked like this:
"Preemptive action, progressive retaliation"
1. Preemptive action. Whales use S4C/HyperSend to kill the pump before it explodes (remember; "HyperShield is a set of practices more than a technology"). For instance: if the price is below 5K, they don't sell. If the price is above 5K, they send 25% of their stake to the exchange for selling (StakeHunter pledge). If the price rises too quickly ("too quickly" being decided by the community), they raise the percentage of staking to be sold. 33%, 50%, 75%, 100%. The will generate an increasingly high sell pressure that will neutralizes the pump. Why just the whales? First, everyone can do it; second, "noblesse oblige" (with great powers come great responsabilities - read Rich man's problems).
2. Progressive retaliation. If this doesn't suffice and the pump does explode into a dump, then the first retaliation is to activate a market bot for helping in a "soft landing".
3. Progressive retaliation. If it is not enough, then we "go nitro". This means using some of BTC accumulated by HyperShield (donation, eaten buy walls...) to buy hashing power at nicehash. The multipool mines like crazy(loaf), much like a car with nitromethane. And I like the imagery more than "steroids" :)
4 Progressive retaliation. Finally, as a last resort, we erect a buy wall with the rest of BTC from HyperShield (it is important that a buy wall is not constantly erected). Worst-case scenario (the buy wall gets eaten), we have more HYP to sell later at higher price.
This strategy is inspired by the defense in depth strategy in IT security.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:32:43 PM

I still think that someone needs to produce a quality Whitepaper...
Something along the lines of "The Phenomenon of the High Stake Alt Coin Niche"...
Which takes a serious look at why high stake is working better than expected...
And theories why high stake has proven for 12-18 months to far exceed Zero Sum expectations.

Then when a fudder shouts "ponzi" or "scam"... one can point to a well argued Whitepaper...
Plus it would be easy for crypto-journalists to turn the Whitepaper into an article.

To start with, Bitcoin spends 15-20% per year to defend their network...
So that can be viewed as a baseline requirement to properly defend a PoS network.

It's not quite clear why even higher staking can result in equlibrium... but there is real value to:

(a) the "finance experiment" nature of these initiatives.

(b) the close-knit communities surrounding them (almost cultish).

(c) pure entertainment value of trading and staking these very interesting coins.

In addition, there is almost no limit to the creativity that can be applied to this niche...
The current handful of high stake coins have barely scratched the surface.

On the downside...
High stake coins are FAR too dependent on centralized exchanges...
And the ones that fail to build a community of at least several hundred people...
Seem to limp along in survival mode.

Maybe someone should build a SuperNet for High Stake coins.  Cheesy

Someone tried a simple essay on devtome, but a far higher quality Whitepaper is required.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=the_rise_of_high_yield_pos_coins_with_integrity

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 08:41:58 PM

I want to qualify for Hyperloan.

My address is p5j7fqtr8rr3faYRsyqSnvrSVz1eczhigH

Thanks.
Added on the queue line. is this address a new, empty address?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:13:44 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 09:34:50 PM by iantunc

HyperLoan is a reward for outstanding promotional efforts. It also plays a role of a product sampling for those who don't have any HYP but like the idea.
HyperLoan is first and foremost a way to increase the visibility of HyperStake by giving a one-time access to "super-faucet". This acces, though; comes with a price: you must ask for it, create a dedicated address and give the principal back. All of this requires you to understand how HyperStake works. That's why I also compare HyperLoan to a serious game: you learn something (HYP) by playing (staking and using coin control). Experience proves that even longtime holders learn things about Hyperstake (creating a address, splitting block to try to optimise their staking...)

The outstanding promotional efforts are "just" a way to prioritize candidates - I did not expected such a success, so I had to find a way to sort people.

If just updated http://hyperstake.wikia.com/wiki/HyperLoan to make it clearer for newcomers.

Agree, too stiff formulation, a little misunderstood. It can be a reward for a promotion plan or some idea, a separately standing application of the HyperLoan feature. The sum of a loan can be enlarged to create a good stimulus for producing and for implementing this ideas. And the risk of non-returned loans can be eliminated by a dumped private key and multisig (in theory).

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
foroplus
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1052

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:05:19 PM

I want to qualify for Hyperloan.

My address is p5j7fqtr8rr3faYRsyqSnvrSVz1eczhigH

Thanks.
Added on the queue line. is this address a new, empty address?
Yes, is new and empty, ready to receive the loan.

Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:45:59 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 11:06:31 PM by Bfljosh

Promotional give away to get you started and because Hyperstake is awesome! (no address spam here please, only PM)

10 x 500 Hyperstake! (9 to go)

Tell me why you love Hyperstake and send me a PM with your Hyperstake address.

Only accounts with activity over 100.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:05:08 PM

Hey there! I've already sent this via PM, then I realized it was perhaps aimed at having responses here on the main thread, so here goes:

I love HYP for the way that it invites people of the entire crypto spectrum to participate while having fun at the same time.
I love it for the great experiment that it is, raising awesome questions on the role and importance of PoS staking as opposed to PoW mining.
I love it for the engaging and helpful community that it maintains over at the various IRC channels (where I spend way more time than I should)!  Cheesy

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 11:19:52 PM

Something along the lines of "The Phenomenon of the High Stake Alt Coin Niche"...
I'd rather see a HyperStake whitepaper. It would contain two parts:
  • one about PoS and how it is an alternative to PoW with its peculiarities (greener, but also merge token and mining power, which means that rich stay rich and poor stay poor except if they buy/sell) plus the orientation of this coin (experimentation; including multisend and its consequences, plus the fact that it would be maybe the first whitepaper after the release of the coin, yet another experiment). There also would come your considerations about "why high stake is working better than expected" and "why high stake has proven for 12-18 months to far exceed Zero Sum expectations. I would also add some psychology about aversion to loss and how sharing profit (and not principal) encourages sharing and what comes with it.
  • And another part, more technical, meant to explain the inside technology and could be obtuse for non-dev.

Agree, too stiff formulation, a little misunderstood. It can be a reward for a promotion plan or some idea, a separately standing application of the HyperLoan feature. The sum of a loan can be enlarged to create a good stimulus for producing and for implementing this ideas. And the risk of non-returned loans can be eliminated by a dumped private key and multisig (in theory).
Can you elaborate on how you'd see dumped private key and multisig to work? dumped private key alone won't work but if we can implement multisig, I could propose bigger and bigger loans with time (I don't plan to go above 8k with the present situation).

ROBERTO
Legendary

Activity: 1421

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:28:27 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 12:23:24 AM by ROBERTO

I love HYP because is community is awesome and Presstab is the best DEV i ever seen!! Many people in this community make awesome work for HYP (David Latapie, Waxo, Kushed, El_kabong....) Sorry if i forget someone!! Big thank you all !!!
PryptoMontreal

Activity: 588
Merit: 285

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:30:44 PM

Promotional give away to get you started and because Hyperstake is awesome! (no address spam here please, only PM)

Sent you a PM but in case you want the answers to be on the thread:

In my opinion, Hyperstake has one of the best community (IRC channel is awesome) and the recently created multipool (which I just pointed my rig to) will add and bring even more members to this community.

Oh, it's a very generous community aswell.
caex

Activity: 824
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:31:57 PM

With this currency fulfilled his dream I bought a gift in the form of the Playstation 4. I like HYP Smiley
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:34:30 PM

I'd rather see a HyperStake whitepaper. It would contain two parts:
  • one about PoS and how it is an alternative to PoW with its peculiarities (greener, but also merge token and mining power, which means that rich stay rich and poor stay poor except if they buy/sell) plus the orientation of this coin (experimentation; including multisend and its consequences, plus the fact that it would be maybe the first whitepaper after the release of the coin, yet another experiment). There also would come your considerations about "why high stake is working better than expected" and "why high stake has proven for 12-18 months to far exceed Zero Sum expectations. I would also add some psychology about aversion to loss and how sharing profit (and not principal) encourages sharing and what comes with it.
  • And another part, more technical, meant to explain the inside technology and could be obtuse for non-dev.

Can you elaborate on how you'd see dumped private key and multisig to work? dumped private key alone won't work but if we can implement multisig, I could propose bigger and bigger loans with time (I don't plan to go above 8k with the present situation).

I might be able to do some of this, if some of the more technical guys can run with my prose and edit for errors. I'll get started on it. POS coins in general fascinate me, both because of their potential and how polarizing they can be and how badly misunderstood Proof of Stake is, especially since it's so frequently compared to interest, which it is not.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:38:03 PM

Also wanted to note that the 10 coins in single coin blocks are all about a day away from being eligible for stake, for any of you lovely lunatics following the experiment.

Address is pSTdDBKzCH1wqsRTTpkDY8rtAXyFqYwKG4

kronicblazer

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:38:15 PM

Another nice giveaway, go HYP Smiley

I love HYP mainly because of great community and dev.  Devs are always coming out with new things like Hyperloan and Hyperpool.  Community is really active and involved.  For example, on irc, hyperstake has more activity than many other coin channels im on (monero has more people in channel but HYP channel is like 100x more active).  HYP also has more than 1 channel including things like gambling, poker, raffle/prize draws.  It is also always raining in the ##Hyperstake channel.  This community is very generous and loves spreading the wealth.  

Besides community and dev, I also like how the coin works.  You can sell a percentage of your stake every time so it works like a miner without having to own any physical equipment.  Staking amount is also really nice.  You can take a hit in HYP price and not lose anything as long as you are staking.

Thank you Bfljosh for giveway
Thank you David Latapie for linking me here from IRC channel
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:40:24 PM

I love hyperstake for two reasons.

The first one is presstab. He's like a beaver squirelling away at it, if you'll forgive the animal mixture. He doesn't hype, or pump and dump, he constantly gets on with the job of making hyperstake better. This is not unique of course, but it is not that frequent around crypto. davidlatapie is also constantly looking for ways to make this coin better in non coding ways. Both are trying to make something interesting rather than focusing on The Price first and foremost.

The second reason is the 750% rate. While I expect many people to maybe get seduced into thinking this 750% will translate to profits by assuming a constant price, the reason why this does it for me is that there is this constant (ok, not so constant) trickle of stakes coming in, and growing your stack. It's just a dumb psychological thing, but it is addictive Smiley
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:44:08 PM

how badly misunderstood Proof of Stake is, especially since it's so frequently compared to interest, which it is not.

I'd love to read more about this, if you can elaborate. I view this as interest too. Is the distinction you are making about "new" coins rather than payment from existing coins from the loanee ?
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: