Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:27:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sakr

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:53:33 AM

HYP multipool appears to be down. Do not see a way to contact them  Huh

I had to restart the multipool real quick for maintenance purpose, also to add some hot coins.

Restart usually takes a few seconds, and is done only when necessary.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
forbesmining

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 01:37:20 AM

Thanks for reporting, Sakr  Smiley

freedomsr40

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:01:43 AM

My hyperloan address is pT7Ff3gXZ4RJA2ydTYNFi7xFjrRMfgJAip

Thanks Wink
Added.

I make use of PC's from recycle centers or straight out of a dumpster.
Costs 0 USD, dumpsters located in business/industry are great sources since companys often upgrade well within 5 years or less...

And now for a slogan:
"From trash to cash"
I'm sure you can do something out of it!

did you get my hyperloan address a few days ago?
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 03:46:48 AM

did you get my hyperloan address a few days ago?
Did you check before asking Wink ?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:47:57 AM

What I wrote was simply an explanation how HYP pos scheme works and what the effect of it will have on staking/reward in the near future.
As posted earlier, comparing POS with POW, right now we are in stage 1, meaning max rewards.
So most of us are currently in the clear as such and we do pretty much the same thing I guess, increasing stack size and adding stacks, until an optimum has been reached.
So far I only had 1 stack being capped, a stack that got stuck, just as others have stacks that are stuck at times.
Reason is of course randomness.

I think it was Bio who compared this process of optimising with gardening.
In line with this happy gardening and don't forget to talk to your plants !

It wasn't me, but it is a good analogy Tongue

I actually have had no blocks that weren't off line for a while hit max subsidy, though my latest was very close. But it was also a 5K block. But once it goes there, for the majority of us, things will get interesting Cheesy
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 04:10:00 AM

HyperSanta
Bringing Christmas to a poor soul near you

Christmas is coming (and winter and the Others too). At HyperStake, we are all about sharing, especially with those in need.
That's why we are setting up a donation fund for offering Christmas gifts for children - and not only children but also lonely elders, homeless people...

A bit early, no?
We are starting now because we want to have maximum audience and fund.
And also because, being HyperStake, we want to experiment Smiley

Experiment?
So, HyperSanta will not be just another donation. It will also be the opportunity for exploration.
  • Test a bot with some nice features - the said features are a work in progress so you can propose some too also. For now, we can already say there will be a list of potential purchases so that every time you tip, you may discover than a new item had been unlocked, a game in the donation!
  • Integrate HyperSanta as "cause of the month" in the forthcoming Multisend (it won't be possible to check the list of items on multisend, only with the bot.
  • Introduce an "IRC on steroid", Slack. We are using Slack for several days and really like it. Time to go further and introduce it to you. https://hyperstake.slack.com/messages/hypersanta (and be sure to read https://hyperstake.slack.com/messages/beginners-tips). In order to access Slack, you only have to PM an email address (it can be a disposable address, as long as you remember the password).

Jingle hyp, jingle hyp, jingle all your needs!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:51:09 AM

Chinese OP will be up today, sorry for delay but I been unwell for two days and trying hard to catch up.  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 03:08:06 PM

kawa900jc: updated, thanks!
qiwoman2: great, can't wait to see the impact it will have.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 03:24:19 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 07:15:51 AM by David Latapie

HyperShield

HyperShield is a set of practices to mitigate extreme price fluctuations (also known as "pumps and dumps"). Like everything in HyperStake, this is a constant work-in-progress but below is the state of the art:

Plan
Phase 0 - business as usual (Preemptive Action I)
Multipool plus sell wall, plus market makers, plus OTC (OTC reduces volatility - ##hyperstake-otc and trading thread). The multipool generates buy pressure, a community-funded (opt-out with necessary mentions) sell wall acts as a deterrent for a pump and a community-funded bounty borrows money to market makers to maintain volume (they keep the benefits). The sell wall is upped when necessary (exactly how and when is yet do be decided). The sell wall being eaten is the signal to move to Phase I.

Phase I - releasing the pressure (Preemptive Action II)
Whales use S4C/HyperSend to kill the pump before it explodes (remember; "HyperShield is a set of practices more than a technology"). For instance: if the price is below 5K, they don't sell. If the price is above 5K, they send 25% of their stake to the exchange for selling (StakeHunter pledge). If the price rises too quickly ("too quickly" being decided by the community), they raise the percentage of staking to be sold. 33%, 50%, 75%, 100%. The will generate an increasingly high sell pressure that will neutralizes the pump. Why just the whales? First, everyone can do it; second, "noblesse oblige" (with great powers come great responsabilities - read Rich man's problems).

Phase II - market bot (Progressive Retaliation I)
If this doesn't suffice and the pump does explode into a dump, then the first retaliation is to activate a market bot for helping in a "soft landing".

Phase III - nitropool (Progressive Retaliation II)
If it is not enough, then we "go nitro". This means using some of BTC accumulated by HyperShield (donation, eaten buy walls...) to buy hashing power at nicehash. The multipool mines like crazy(loaf), much like a car with nitromethane. And I like the imagery more than "steroids" :)

Phase IV - buy wall (Preemptive action III)
Finally, as a last resort, we erect a buy wall with the rest of BTC from HyperShield (it is important that a buy wall is not constantly erected). Worst-case scenario (the buy wall gets eaoten), we have more HYP to sell later at higher price.

What is needed
1. Multipool (already working). Phase 0.
2. Multisend (presstab is on it). Required for building up the sell wall. Phase 0.
3. Bounty (both in BTC/XMR/XUSD and in HYP) for the market maker. Should start as a donation since it requires BTC. Phase 0.
4. HyperSend/S4C (already working). This requires some concertation among large holders in particular. I will contact them. Phase I.
5. Market bot (already working). Phase II.
6. Nicehash account. Should start as a donation since it requires BTC. Phase III.
7. Buy wall. Pledging to give a part of you sales for the buy wall. Phase III.
8. "HyperShield/BTC" donation address for market making, nitropool and buy wall. Address is 1CwkZdajxxneGaohM2TQqzhaA6kDuRVz3m and I control this one, but can share control with other trusted members (better that way - hit by a bus...).
9. "HyperShield/HYP" donation address for sell wall. Address is pRgFiB3HH1D4oPRkW9eSZYr663DMFrs3Mg.
Previous address was pEfYxSV4CdQzLXmL2QN1Jtf3S8AVbYeNbW but a bug prevents reusing it

That's for the strategy. Now, right now, a sell was has been eaten without moving up the price much. I see it as an evidence that HyperShield and needed. So, what can you do right now?

- Someone to volunteer for the HyperShield/BTC address (either in a BTC wallet or straight as a Poloniex address, up to the person). This person must be a trusted member of the community. Myagui (who I trust, by the way) already proposed to place 0.5 BTC in the buy wall.
- Start sending some HYP to the sell wall (I'll do it also). Low priority, though, considering the price.
- Setting up a nicehash account. CrazyLoaf, since you are the one who proposed it, could you take care of this?
- Announcing our program to reduce volatility. Traders won't like it, but normal investors will.
- Continue to promote HyperStake the usual way: HyperLoan, Hypillionaire part deux, Hypberry, HyperPool...
- Remember to stay alert. Being cool doesn't mean being careless :)

More informations:
- HyperShield on the wiki: http://hyperstake.wikia.com/wiki/HyperShield
- HyperShield discussion on Slack (for devoted users, PM me an email address for invitation): http://hyperstake.slack.com/messages/hypershield
- You can chit-chat about HyperShield on IRC (##hyperstake), but with no certainty this will be properly considered, especially if you want something to go on.

myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:45:16 PM

Great to see Hypershield gaining shape and some of the pieces already in motion!  Wink

Anyone that cares to help on making a bit of a buy wall to soften a possible dump-landing is welcome to join me, by adding to my buy order on polo at 1500 sat. I agree that a buy wall should probably not be up at all times, but perhaps we could/should collectively ensure that there's enough support at both sides of the order book to sustain a volume peak within reasonable boundaries.

Edit: To be clear, this wall is not to be perceived as market manipulation, but quite the opposite!
This is an expression of interest by the wall participants, to help in mitigating any attempt of price manipulation by bad actors. Cheerios!

ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:54:19 PM

Can I disable stake splitting?  With the latest client allowing split on demand can we set a check box in options to disable the split?  This helps with gardening.

I will also investigate and see if I can do it and submit a commit if I get it done.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 03:54:53 PM

Yes, you are right Myagui, this wall shall not be up all the time. So could you rather send the 0.5 to a BTC address that you control, then make this address public. We'll add it to the OP. If someone disagrees with Myagui having control of this address and would prefer someone else to control it, we can discuss it. The issue for me it to have people involved.

I also updated the announcement by mentionning OTC (reduces price volatility and doubts from random sell walls) and mentionned that I'd like the sell wall funding to be opt-out - that is, by default everyone would contribute to the sell wall but could opt-out. This is surely a controversial topic, so I'd like this to be discussed.

iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:03:48 PM

If it is not enough, then we "go nitro". This means using some of BTC accumulated by HyperShield (donation, eaten buy walls...) to buy hashing power at nicehash. The multipool mines like crazy(loaf), much like a car with nitromethane. And I like the imagery more than "steroids" Smiley

Very good plan, as always, but why do we need a phase of Nicehash&Multipool chain? It's essentially the same as to place a buy wall directly but with the much smaller coefficient of efficiency. A part of a hash power fund will dissipate into thin air because of pools lags. It means that for every BTC spent we will absorb less HYP. Let's use Occam's Razor.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 04:11:02 PM

If it is not enough, then we "go nitro". This means using some of BTC accumulated by HyperShield (donation, eaten buy walls...) to buy hashing power at nicehash. The multipool mines like crazy(loaf), much like a car with nitromethane. And I like the imagery more than "steroids" Smiley

Very good plan, as always, but why do we need a phase of Nicehash&Multipool chain? It's essentially the same as to place a buy wall directly but with the much smaller coefficient of efficiency. A part of a hash power fund will dissipate into thin air because of pools lags. It means that for every BTC spent we will absorb less HYP. Let's use Occam's Razor.
CrazyLoaf is the one who argued the opposite, that nice hash would be more efficient than buy wall. So I expect CrazyLoaf to reply here Smiley

iantunc

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:25:06 PM

CrazyLoaf is the one who argued the opposite, that nice hash would be more efficient than buy wall. So I expect CrazyLoaf to reply here Smiley

You would monitor NiceHash (since it has the most hash in the most algos available) to see if some had fallen to the point where you could "arbitrage" into HYP at a lower cost. Of course, this also depends on what coins are mineable atm. If there's not an arbitrage opportunity available, better to just spend direct BTC to buy HYP and/or create buy support.

You are right, but it's important not to lose focus on the whole chain. A HYPothetical profit from a mining arbitrage can be completely eaten by a multipool, as the performance of this technology remains arguable to date, imho Smiley

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 04:40:56 PM

You would monitor NiceHash (since it has the most hash in the most algos available) to see if some had fallen to the point where you could "arbitrage" into HYP at a lower cost. Of course, this also depends on what coins are mineable atm. If there's not an arbitrage opportunity available, better to just spend direct BTC to buy HYP and/or create buy support.

You are right, but it's important not to lose focus on the whole chain. A HYPothetical profit from a mining arbitrage can be completely eaten by a multipool, as the performance of this technology remains arguable to date, imho Smiley
Alright, so it seems I should update the plan, right? Can you propose an rewriting, any of you?

iantunc

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:04:54 PM

Alright, so it seems I should update the plan, right? Can you propose an rewriting, any of you?

There is also one thing we can consider. What if we will hold BTC airbag in the form of a portfolio of staking assets?

eatthetree3

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:13:59 PM

Hi everyone just wanted to say that we are set for a record month on reddit. With October getting a total of 650 page views we have already hit 450 views in only 7 days! Keep it up guys! Don't forget to subscribe and post. A tip bot is in development as well as a design update coming soon as well as a planned weekly giveaway.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hyperstake
freedomsr40

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:50:43 PM

question, on the IRC im entering my username and password , but it says "username already taken" whats going on? im sure im doing something wrong just dont know what , thanks!
richibichi

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:55:26 PM

question, on the IRC im entering my username and password , but it says "username already taken" whats going on? im sure im doing something wrong just dont know what , thanks!

Do you have registered account on IRC ? If yes - I think it's impossible to see "username already taken".
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: