Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:36:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kingpin69

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:38:47 PM

-=-=-=-1000 HYP Staking Contest-=-=-=-

Youngest stake wins
=======================================
Stake must be between 10/24/2014 - 11/14/2014
=======================================

Twitter               - https://twitter.com/Kushed_Crypto/status/525348750580285443

IRC                    - ##Hyperstake

I will refrain from entering this contest. But just to show that anything is possible:

Good luck everyone!!

too early for the contest but this would have been a good contender...

iantunc

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:46:52 PM

Personally, I wouldn't want to see automatic coin control added.
[...]
Honestly though, consider not adding automatic coin control - you'll take away what I see as a big part of HYP's addictiveness.
I think it is GREAT IDEA!!!
I also support this idea.
I do not believe barrier to entry is a good thing for a coin that want to be popular. Automatic coin control will probably leave room for fine-tuning any way, the same cars have manual transmission or even sport mode, whilst other have automatic transmission. Then, who's right on cars? Everyone is. Different audiences and preventing one audience to access the coin is not my vision for HyperStake. Not everyone wants to be addicted - I am, and I'm fine with it but other people just want it to work well, without this feeling of losing money because they don't understand coin cointrol.
Plus, I tend to think there would be a bit less day-traders if coin controlling was not only automatic, but even encouraged with a potential stake displayed right in the wallet's main window, an "executive summary" ('you have X HYP at the moment - in around 20 days, you should have Y HYP if you leave your wallet open most of the time").

Sure, technically this idea is retarded at all because we are moving towards fully automated experience and techno-utopia. I proposed it for few reasons. First of all to show potential investors the main idea of this coin in a simple and comprehensible form. The second reason is connected with coin development philosophy, it's like a ground to push from. The barrier will exist implicitly. Some people won't have patience to wait for a stake, some won't have sufficient funds. This will guarantee money inflow.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 09:53:00 PM

Sure, technically this idea is retarded at all because we are moving towards fully automated experience and techno-utopia. I proposed it for few reasons. First of all to show potential investors the main idea of this coin in a simple and comprehensible form. The second reason is connected with coin development philosophy, it's like a ground to push from. The barrier will exist implicitly. Some people won't have patience to wait for a stake, some won't have sufficient funds. This will guarantee money inflow.
]I don't see how leaving the choice would prevent

The 'you have X HYP at the moment - in around 20 days, you should have Y HYP if you leave your wallet open most of the time" could even have a "want to know why and how and further optimise it? Open the stake control window." With even a clickable link to automatically open the window, it is possible.

Diff is over 2.4 now !!!
Did you take a screenshot? I "only" have 2.1

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
BRUCELLA

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:55:00 PM

Sorry no screen, next time i will take it ...
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 10:04:07 PM

It's ridicoulous. Wallet is now up to date, online, staking, etc. DIFFICULTY is at 2.4, and weight is at 103965563..... So it begins.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 10:06:45 PM

It's ridicoulous. Wallet is now up to date, online, staking, etc. DIFFICULTY is at 2.4, and weight is at 103965563..... So it begins.
It's not even me, most of my HYP are to young to stake.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:14:37 PM

Hello HYPmasters!

REGARDING STAKING-
When you are sorting coins into 4k blocks (recommended size?), are you supposed to keep putting them into the same address?
Or the address doesn't matter - STAKING WISE?

PRIVACY-WISE-
I always thought u are supposed to make new addresses for every incoming transaction-- for privacy reasons?

REGARDING SECURITY
And whenever u spend from an address u are supposed to empty & discard it-- for security reasons?

Thanks!
The address doesn't matter. You can do all manipulations with new addresses if you like and if you care about security, but it is not necessary. But there is one underwater stone you should know about if you don't want to lose your coins. It is the keypool size. You can read more about it here.  
Regarding splitting blocks - it is best to send to the same address in your wallet, because once I lost about 1000 coins when I had done a lot of splitting after buying large amounts and then my wallet crashed so I had to go back to my 2 week old backup - which did not have all the random addresses that I had been using by not configuring the "change address" and so I lost everything that I had split after the 100 addresses in my backup were exhausted. I lost about 0.1 BTC that time. So since then I know to configure the "custom change address" to my own wallet address and to not eat up all the random addresses in my wallet, so my backup stays current for a much longer period.
It does not matter for the staking itself if the blocks are in the same or all different addresses, unless you want to prove the balance of your wallet, there are some coins where your entire balance determines how much rewards you get, so then you better keep everything in the same address.

Privacy of incoming transactions:
If you don't want the money to be traceable to you then it is a good thing to use a new receive address for different people sending money to you. Also for yourself it can be easier to keep track of who is paying you. Note that if you are splitting *those* inputs then you should re-configure your custom change address to that one or you are still sending your coins to your original address, which will make it traceable to your original address again. The fact that all coins and addresses are administrated in the publicly accessible blockchain has benefits (trustless money transfer) but also drawbacks (traceability). To most of us that is not a problem but it depends on what you use your money for, if you need to shield it. Since addresses are typically not published unless you are either dealing with someone or publishing it (like in a sig of a post like this) the privacy is normally not a concern.

Security of outgoing transmissions:
There is no point in emptying an address once you have sent from it, since nobody can use the balance of that address without the private key that is only available in your wallet.dat. *if* your computer was hacked and your wallet.dat file was stolen *then* it is a good idea to transfer all funds to a new wallet and discard the old, but any other time there is no point. The transfers out of the old address can be viewed on the block chain, so the new address is know just like the old where it was sent from and even if you sent to someone you do not trust, they cannot do anything with the knowledge about the address from where it was sent, since they do not hold the key.

Hope this clarifies the working of the wallet.

Overall, good writeup. However, on your first paragraph, you're incorrect. The correct answer would be "If you don't do it the following way, make regular backups of wallet.dat". I'd also add that if you do NOT use a custom change address, make a backup, then add "keypool=1000" to the .conf file, and then after stopping the daemon or client and resynching, make another backup. This will put a very large amount of keys in the backup. And it harms nothing. Only caveat I can think of with that is to not do it on a Raspberry Pi as it will make wallet.dat quite a bit bigger. Given that they're just strings of text, I don't even know if that would be an issue.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:22:29 PM

Personally, I wouldn't want to see automatic coin control added.
[...]
Honestly though, consider not adding automatic coin control - you'll take away what I see as a big part of HYP's addictiveness.
I think it is GREAT IDEA!!!
I also support this idea.
I do not believe barrier to entry is a good thing for a coin that want to be popular. Automatic coin control will probably leave room for fine-tuning any way, the same cars have manual transmission or even sport mode, whilst other have automatic transmission. Then, who's right on cars? Everyone is. Different audiences and preventing one audience to access the coin is not my vision for HyperStake. Not everyone wants to be addicted - I am, and I'm fine with it but other people just want it to work well, without this feeling of losing money because they don't understand coin cointrol.
Plus, I tend to think there would be a bit less day-traders if coin controlling was not only automatic, but even encouraged with a potential stake displayed right in the wallet's main window, an "executive summary" ('you have X HYP at the moment - in around 20 days, you should have Y HYP if you leave your wallet open most of the time").

I absolutely agree that automatic control is a good idea to foster adoption. I'd go so far as to say that it should be the default, at least in the QT client, but there should be an option to disable it and/or parts of it for people like me (and apparently you) who have to be under the hood. My wife can't drive a stick, so our car has an automatic. I deal. I'd prefer a stick, and someday I'll have my own sports car that has a six speed manual transmission, twin turbos, nitrous... and a bunch of other stuff of questionable legality Cheesy But for every passionate driver there are hundreds of people who look at their car the same as their toaster. They drive the industry, while people like me push the edges of it. It's likely the same with coin control.
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:27:49 PM

Russian thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=832796.0

Donate address:
p5zCCpc41RZiKvwCY5QFGjYheGVeB79vJ4

Thanks!

Sent!! And updated the OP to include it.

Thanks a lot!

Should have donated some Vodka!
Зa нaшy дpyжбy!

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:34:05 PM

Overall, good writeup. However, on your first paragraph, you're incorrect. The correct answer would be "If you don't do it the following way, make regular backups of wallet.dat". I'd also add that if you do NOT use a custom change address, make a backup, then add "keypool=1000" to the .conf file, and then after stopping the daemon or client and resynching, make another backup. This will put a very large amount of keys in the backup. And it harms nothing. Only caveat I can think of with that is to not do it on a Raspberry Pi as it will make wallet.dat quite a bit bigger. Given that they're just strings of text, I don't even know if that would be an issue.

Also I want to point out that in the latest release of the wallet (beta 1.0.6.6), the change is automatically sent to the sending address instead of generating a change address.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:28:40 PM

Also I want to point out that in the latest release of the wallet (beta 1.0.6.6), the change is automatically sent to the sending address instead of generating a change address.

In the OP the last Beta listed is 1.0.6.5
I down loaded 1.0.6.6 from a link a few pages ago and under Help>About HyperStake it shows 1.0.6.5
The HyperStake-qt file shows that it was modified at the time of install
I noticed no changes in my wallet.  Is this because my blocks are too young to stake?
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 12:00:27 AM

In the OP the last Beta listed is 1.0.6.5
I down loaded 1.0.6.6 from a link a few pages ago and under Help>About HyperStake it shows 1.0.6.5
The HyperStake-qt file shows that it was modified at the time of install
I noticed no changes in my wallet.  Is this because my blocks are too young to stake?

You might be using the wrong one. Mine does in fact show 1.0.6.6 on the about page. Try redownloading it, I updated the OP with the correct link. Thanks for the heads up!

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:14:16 AM

We are working on all of these. And trying to get them to work correctly. The combine interval with staking is pretty easy and will be in the next wallet release for sure.
Cool, thanks!

Interesting to see the price swing so much in a short period.
I still have a low buy order on Allcoin that I setup several orders on from the time that the value was around 2k and just above, so only an 1800 buy offer is still active there. I had to laugh when I saw it still sitting there while I was also selling a few Hyp around 8k on Polo at the same time.

Yes the price is fun to watch. At this point I am interested to see whether the price of btc dropping a bit will have any impact on HYP. We do have our new xusd/hyp market so will this pin HYP to a dollar value? I am not sure, but am anxious to watch.

Hello presstab, you think HYP price in poloniex can up to 7k or 8k in this month (end M.) ?

7k or 8k?...
everything is possible,.
you may help promote HYP in fb like i did.
you do not have to but very helpful if you do
we need active comunity
many people inbox and ask me about HYP,how to get started,how to buy ..etc
most of my friends newbie in cryptocoin
but unfortunately we do not have a step by step guide for newbie and in one place
CiZ

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

HyperStake Member

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:47:53 AM

According to TA (technical analysis) we probably will find a floor at 4000-4500 (with possible drawdown to 3000-3500), but there is a positive forecast for a short correction to 6000-6500 before a flat and further slow uptrend. At the present moment the exchange rate is influenced by a strong fud and resulting panic sell. Good news, new marketing efforts and fud protection (it is something we need to develop) will bring the trend to it's usual rails.
you think how long HYP price on poloniex back to normally base (maybe 6k-6.5k).

.I'm CiZ my HyperStake Member.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 02:25:56 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2014, 08:49:54 PM by David Latapie

Hi,

We will start the first HyperLoan experiment/promotionnal campaign today.

What is HyperLoan?
The idea comes from cycoinminer
A (relatively) new HYPster get 10k HYP as a loan. It is loaned for free. He keeps it until it stakes. Then he sends the 10k HYP back and keeps the reward. Max time for keeping the HYP is 30 days (can be decided shorter), so this leaves room for experimentation, smaller blocks and maybe (for the most audacious/lucky) even enough room for a second stake. So, essentially, consider it a 2k HYP giveway.
The lucky chosen HYPster will have his nick on a hall of fame.

What if...
The HYPster could very well disappear with the money. This is a gamble, an experiment, we expect the HYPster to play fair. If he doesn't, his nick will be on the Hall of Shame to be forever remembered as a scammer.

What are the conditions?
To be relatively new to HYP and to show interest - ideally, to also have not much HYP, but on this we can only trust the person to give us his real and only address.
To maximise the chances, the candidate must have a sufficient amount of posts and be known by the HYP community - presence on the ANN, the IRC or the trollbox.
This will be subjective.
The selected HYPster is encouraged to proselytise HYP whenever he can. For instance, he could add to his signature "Proud winner of the HyperLoan" with a link to this very post. This is just a suggestion though. It is in his own interest to have HYP succeed and we expect him to act accordingly. Rather than hard rules about what to do, we prefer common sense. Such common. Much sense. Wow.

Since this is the first time, we will only select one person (if it proves successfull, Part Deux will have more than one winner). Still, a shortlist of maximum 5 persons shall be established. This is YOU, the community, who will propose the name. People can propose themselves or someone else. You can win HyperLoan only once in your lifetime.

Go!

update: IstvanDV on IRC proposed that "the borrower would register new address in block explorer for better traking something like, mafort-HyperLoan". Let's elaborate on this.

ShrykeZ

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:30:10 AM

Great incentive for the recent and future newcomers. +1
freedomsr40

Activity: 471

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:31:22 AM

Hi,

We will start the first HyperLoan experiment/promotionnal campaign today.

What is HyperLoan?
The idea comes from cycoinminer
A (relatively) new HYPster get 10k HYP as a loan. It is loaned for free. He keeps it until it stakes. Then he sends the 10k HYP back and keeps the reward. Max time for keeping the HYP is 30 days (can be decided shorter), so this leaves room for experimentation, smaller blocks and maybe (for the most audacious/lucky) even enough room for a second stake. So, essentially, consider it a 2k HYP giveway.
The lucky chosen HYPster will have his nick on a hall of fame.

What if...
The HYPster could very well disappear with the money. This is a gamble, an experiment, we expect the HYPster to play fair. If he doesn't, his nick will be on the Hall of Shame to be forever remembered as a scammer.

What are the conditions?
To be relatively new to HYP and to show interest - ideally, to also have not much HYP, but on this we can only trust the person to give us his real and only address.
To maximise the chances, the candidate must have a sufficient amount of posts and be known by the HYP community - presence on the ANN, the IRC or the trollbox.
This will be subjective.
The selected HYPster is encouraged to proselytise HYP whenever he can. For instance, he could add to his signature "Proud winner of the HyperLoan" with a link to this very post. This is just a suggestion though. It is in his own interest to have HYP succeed and we expect him to act accordingly. Rather than hard rules about what to do, we prefer common sense. Such common. Much sense. Wow.

Since this is the first time, we will only select one person (if it proves successfull, Part Deux will have more than one winner). Still, a shortlist of maximum 5 persons shall be established. This is YOU, the community, who will propose the name. People can propose themselves or someone else. You can win HyperLoan only once in your lifetime.

Go!

update: IstvanDV on IRC proposed that "the borrower would register new address in block explorer for better traking something like, mafort-HyperLoan". Let's elaborate on this.

i;d LOVE to do this...AWESOME IDEA!! seriously sign me up haha...i had a big battle the other day in the POLO trollbox about HYP..also i posted to the guy who is calling HYP a scammer in a thread posted here on BTC i KNOW HYP isnt a scam. how can i be considered for this?
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:33:25 AM

I made a custom RPC call tonight "export difficulty" and here are the results put to a chart. I exported them every 5 blocks past 21000 (thats when PoS only began) and then charted the average of every 5 cells so that it wasn't too much of a mess.

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:43:17 AM

Thats amazing. Last night I was thinking about what such a chart would look like and low and behold here one is. I should go buy a lotto ticket or something.

Good work sir!

[edit] was that large dip when you wallet was offline?

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
mtwelve
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 03:00:28 AM

There should be like staking pools.... People deposit there coins and it gets pooled with other coins so its like a big collective weight. Similar to how people used to how people solo mine (like we are soloing stake) and then went to pool mining. As the 1k block reward gets tougher to achieve, this sounds like a very plausible idea. What do you guys think?

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: