Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:51:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825828 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:01:49 PM

A totally uninformed question if I may.

GTO911 is crossposting some of this conversation as proof that the Darkcoin Foundation is conducting some kind of scam.  Can somebody explain to me how or why this would be the case?  I've read the last few pages and can't see any evidence to support this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:05:35 PM

GTO911 is crossposting some of this conversation as proof that the Darkcoin Foundation is conducting some kind of scam.  Can somebody explain to me how or why this would be the case?  I've read the last few pages and can't see any evidence to support this.

The user "masternode" seems to be a member of the Dash foundation:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg10885041#msg10885041

(in other words: guilt by association, even if "masternode" was guilty of anything, which is not sure either)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:08:12 PM

GTO911 is crossposting some of this conversation as proof that the Darkcoin Foundation is conducting some kind of scam.  Can somebody explain to me how or why this would be the case?  I've read the last few pages and can't see any evidence to support this.

The user "masternode" seems to be a member of the Dash foundation:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg10885041#msg10885041

(in other words: guilt by association, even if "masternode" was guilty of anything, which is not sure either)

Thanks.  I know EM is part of the DASH foundation.  There is obviously a lot going on here that I have no idea about but wondered why this has quickly lead to the creation of yet another anti DASH thread.  
GooseNL

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:09:00 PM

Thanks.  I know EM is part of the DASH foundation.  There is obviously a lot going on here that I have no idea about but wondered why this has quickly lead to the creation of yet another anti DASH thread.  
Wut, huh, anti Dash? This forum is about VIA, not about other crypto.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:55:30 PM

Bought some VIA last night, surprised it went below 4k.

same here, top level development , it is a no brainer, also swallowed "SDC" , for the same reason, top level software engineering, not cross posting just pointing to reasoning behind, I see network hash rate has increased substantially

thanks again for the opportunity for this is what it is.. on the ground level
Hulk Hobo

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:37:57 PM

Okay, so here's a revolutionary idea ... If the same questions are being asked over and over and over again, and Drak says that those Q's have been answered why doesn't someone add the Q and answer as a sticky to the beginning of this thread? Would make fudding or w/e a lot harder.

InfiniteRadio

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:53:57 PM

Dude you had multiple chances to sell your VIA, not Draks vault that you were so greedy.

dude i wasn't interested in selling my VIA and moving on.  i wasn't in it for a quick flip.  dont worry, now i know that i should have been.

i had the wool pulled over my eyes and believed that Drak could make this a top 10 coin.

yes, i was an idiot.

yes, i was wrong for not selling when i should have.

Dude.. you are just GREEDY!
VIA went 10x after ICO, you had a chance to sell them but you wanted make more money and kept them instead. It was your decision, not Drak's problem.

How is "hodling through the pump" greedy?

and how is selling for profit during the pump, or, 'what he should have done' not greedy?

People here are less logical than politicians...

For every person that "sold at 10x" is someone who bought at 10x...if you were on the right side of that swap then BRAVO...but the wrong side has every right to complain about the epic destruction that happened to their BTC because they "believed" in the communities and draks "inspirational locker room half time talk" posts...

masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 09:09:45 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 09:34:31 PM by masternode

Okay, so here's a revolutionary idea ... If the same questions are being asked over and over and over again, and Drak says that those Q's have been answered why doesn't someone add the Q and answer as a sticky to the beginning of this thread? Would make fudding or w/e a lot harder.

Drak has been intentionally been trying to avoid answering a single simple question, which is:  Are the original ICO funds to be used to advance the coin or are they his, simply as payment to him for having delivered VIA and XCH?  (Note: The original ICO funds were ~600BTC or roughly $360k at the time of the ICO)

A LOT of the original ICO contributors and forum participants have recently asked this and have become concerned with his lack of response (i.e. myself, Primitive, Barabbas, Chompy Z, and the list goes on much further for anyone wanting to read thru this thread).

He considers this Fud, but any reasonable person would see it is not.  

It's pretty straightfoward, but for whatever reason Drak refuses to answer this directly, instead he chooses to attack me with numerous false claims, dox'es primitive, and calls everyone else a fudster, when he could just answer it.  At this point it's obvious what the answer is, everyone would still rather hear it from him.

Hulk Hobo

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 09:47:00 PM

Drak has been intentionally been trying to avoid answering a single simple question, which is:  Are the original ICO funds to be used to advance the coin or are they his, simply as payment to him for having delivered VIA and XCH?  (Note: The original ICO funds were ~600BTC or roughly $360k at the time of the ICO)

A LOT of the original ICO contributors and forum participants have recently asked this and have become concerned with his lack of response (i.e. myself, Primitive, Barabbas, Chompy Z, and the list goes on much further for anyone wanting to read thru this thread).

It's pretty straightfoward, but for whatever reason Drak refuses to answer this directly, instead he chooses to attack me with numerous false claims, dox'es primitive, and calls everyone else a fudster, when he could just answer it.  At this point it's obvious what the answer is, everyone would still rather hear it from him.

Fair enough. I wasn't explicitly saying you were fudding, just saying that from what I inferred it seems like the answer has been given somewhere in the previous pages, and since I don't have a dog in this fight and don't want to sift through hundreds of posts, thought that Drak or whomever might take the time to find aforementioned post and silence any critics. Anyways, looking forward to any developments ...

Revelation

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 09:50:12 PM

Why did you decide to give money to Drak in the first place? I was writing back then that the whole ICO idea (insta-sale of premine) doesn't look good, especially because Drak didn't have any vested interest in the coin after the ICO. However, you and other investors were ignorant and you've chosen not to ask questions but give money first and ask questions ..... 8 months later.
Ashdrake

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:22:05 PM

He explained time and time again that those funds were obtained from a PRESALE. He spent as much as he needed on the coin to develop it himself (his own time) + whatever else had to be paid. There is no central fund for the coin because it was not done as a crowdsale/fundraising/startup. He basically got paid a lump sum up front to develop VIA, everything that he didnt spent on other devs, other things that had to be bought, etc, is his own money.

Also DRAK is still working on the project, he didnt vanish like some altcoin devs that had done. to be honest, all this fud is retarded, you will not shake people's confidence in DRAK. As far as things go, by the books, he delivered what he promised to deliver. The coin pumped, twice in the first few weeks, and the again when it hit like 35k or something a few months ago. You had plenty of time to gtfo if you felt that this investment is not working out for you at a good price (assuming you didnt buy at 60k like a fucking noob, and if you did, well sucks2beUAndTnx4UrMoney )

masternode

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:28:42 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 11:20:40 PM by masternode

A little transparency goes a long way...

masternode's tl;dr question is simple:

* Do the 610BTC (i.e. or what's left of them) belong to BTCdrak, or do they belong to the community?

Imho, it's a legit question, and we, as a community, deserve an honest strait tl;dr answer. Yes or No... Personal insults will not get us anywhere...
On this note, I have to admit, that until masternode and barabbas started raising questions, I was confident that the 610BTC (i.e. or what's left of them), were community funds...

As you can see here from ChompyZ's (a very well respected community member) post as well, we were all under the impression that the ~600 BTC ICO funds were community funds that were to be used to advance the coin.  Later when progress was stagnant people began wondering why no money was being spent to advance the coin, Drak came out and said that he would spend the 1M VIA that he raised in the XCH funding to advance the coin, and it was obvious to everyone that would amount to no more than $1k (if he sold them on Bittrex at that time that was the most he could get).  

It was after Drak started saying he was willing to offer the 1M VIA that was raised for XCH towards advancing the coin that people began to seriously question the use of the ICO funds as well, as it was obvious at this point Drak felt no obligation to use those funds to advance the coin.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:37:46 PM

Drak has been intentionally been trying to avoid answering a single simple question, which is:  Are the ICO funds to be used to advance the coin or are they his, simply as payment to him for having delivered VIA and XCH?

A LOT of the original funders have recently asked this and have become concerned with his lack of response (i.e. myself, Primitive, Barabbas, Chompy Z, and the list goes on for anyone wanting to read thru this thread).

Ed, you are beginning to sound like a broken record. Everything has been explained at one point or another and you repeat inaccuracies and strawman arguments (misquoting/forgetting what was said so it fits your angle). As I said before you just wait for a few more pages to bury your embarrassing history before repeating yourself. You are the one yet again avoiding every single point raised about yourself and choosing to ignore what I have said. You are just fixating.

Your frame here is somehow, "viacoin is done" and I have abandoned the project or something, that's what you are trying to imply. You're conflating all sorts of things together to paint your story to deflect away from the simple dishonesty and immorality which follows you everywhere. You entered my confidence, traded on insider information (both in terms of trading and in terms of trading information). When I cut you off you first tried to scare me into submission then made good your threats. It's really simple.

Neither have you made a single attempt to demonstrate you are not the one shitting all over the viacoin markets. You admitted to buying more and selling more to me, and half the story here on the forums already.

You don't have any credibility to be throwing accusations about and more and more people are talking about you. Remember all the things you told me about the rise of Darkcoin in the early days and how that happened? That makes a really interesting story. Maybe you should consider how many people you've ripped off running your schemes.
masternode

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:50:56 PM

Drak has been intentionally been trying to avoid answering a single simple question, which is:  Are the ICO funds to be used to advance the coin or are they his, simply as payment to him for having delivered VIA and XCH?

A LOT of the original funders have recently asked this and have become concerned with his lack of response (i.e. myself, Primitive, Barabbas, Chompy Z, and the list goes on for anyone wanting to read thru this thread).

Ed, you are beginning to sound like a broken record. Everything has been explained at one point or another and you repeat inaccuracies and strawman arguments (misquoting/forgetting what was said so it fits your angle). As I said before you just wait for a few more pages to bury your embarrassing history before repeating yourself. You are the one yet again avoiding every single point raised about yourself and choosing to ignore what I have said. You are just fixating.

Your frame here is somehow, "viacoin is done" and I have abandoned the project or something, that's what you are trying to imply. You're conflating all sorts of things together to paint your story to deflect away from the simple dishonesty and immorality which follows you everywhere. You entered my confidence, traded on insider information (both in terms of trading and in terms of trading information). When I cut you off you first tried to scare me into submission then made good your threats. It's really simple.

Neither have you made a single attempt to demonstrate you are not the one shitting all over the viacoin markets. You admitted to buying more and selling more to me, and half the story here on the forums already.

You don't have any credibility to be throwing accusations about and more and more people are talking about you. Remember all the things you told me about the rise of Darkcoin in the early days and how that happened? That makes a really interesting story. Maybe you should consider how many people you've ripped off running your schemes.

Drak I'm not sure how you think it is me that should be answering questions here?  I've been totally transparent about what I do, and as mentioned before I've never shared any sensitive information with you about anything.  You have made false claims and have somehow tried to spin it that I need to prove what you are saying is wrong, all in order to avoid very simple questions.  You can make threats, but it really only shows how desperate you are to try and misdirect from the fact that VIA was simply a 600 btc coin grab for you.  

If you are not in fact trying to misdirect, just let people know that those are community funds and how you plan to use them.  Apparently the markets care to have this question answered.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:51:08 PM

Enough of this poker playing rubbish...

What I am looking forward to when Ethereum's Serpent scripting language makes it's way into ClearingHouse because it means rather than adding hard coded contracts (like the notary service), they can be added using Serpent.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:53:01 PM

Apparently the markets care to have this question answered.

The markets you and your cronies have been controlling you mean? Yes. I believe that is called a self-fulling-prophecy.
masternode

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:53:22 PM

What I am looking forward to when Ethereum's Serpent scripting language makes it's way into ClearingHouse because it means rather than adding hard coded contracts (like the notary service), they can be added using Serpent.

Again you refuse to answer and misdirect.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:54:07 PM

Again you refuse to answer and misdirect.

No. I have answered. You have not answered. Come on, *your* reputation is on the line here.
masternode

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:56:09 PM

The markets you and your cronies have been controlling you mean? Yes. I believe that is called a self-fulling-prophecy.

Here are the largest accounts.  You can look at transactions, many of them haven't moved.

http://www.richlist.eu/viacoin

As you can see Otoh's account (@ 1.5M via) remains untouched.  Anything else?
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:56:44 PM

Here are the largest accounts.  You can look at transaction, many of them didn't move.

http://www.richlist.eu/viacoin

As you can see Otoh's account remains untouched.  Anything else?

We're not talking about Otoh here Edward, we're talking about YOU and the people you advised based on insider info. Otoh was in from the beginning and seems to be like a friendly giant. I've heard nothing but good things about him.
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: