Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:57:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:33:27 AM

Massive adoption is the first stage, go go go!
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:36:22 AM

Hi again Vianonians,

(repeat): What about the idea of a community token used for giveaways in order to bring more people to VIA? http://www.reddit.com/r/viacoin/comments/2lkoff/in_search_of_a_trusted_member_to_issue_a/

KarmaKaguy

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
karmala

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:58:33 AM

I've just got word that Viacoin is on the upcoming list for inclusion on shapeshift.io

Hopefully have something official regards timings soon

anybody who hasn't seen shapeshift, there's a couple vdo's here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OezDK2O5Dnc
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm54cMAwu_4

Be sure to email requesting timings for Viacoin inclusion

It would be nice if someone could be ready to make a VDO demonstrating how to convert say Bitcoin to Viacoin of how to Purchase, Luxury sheets on overstock in Viacoin when only Bitcoin's accepted

It might also be worthwhile for Web Dev's in getting familiar with the API http://shapeshift.io/api.html also follow on twitter and let them know if you plan to develop with the API once Viacoin is included.

We might use their api to have a (1) specific site dedicated to only pay with via where btc is accepted and (2) to integrate via -> btc transfers between btc and via mobile wallets.

A question to the devs: is (2) possible to integrate in the upocomming android wallet?

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 11:17:25 AM

Drak,

You can speak with Bitkee to add VIA to their supported coins. They make metal wallets. Several months ago I talked with them about one coin and I have good impression from those guys. It can be another nice feature that VIA has.

At this point I'd like to have some strong words with you all. No offence is meant by the following, but I see a pattern emerging we need to deal with and I need to express my opinion quite strongly.

Viacoin is an open source project which thrives on community. I don't like that everyone says "drak you should contact these or that people/company" all the time, it's not my job, its yours. Viacoin is not a company, remember that, it's a software movement. The only way an open source project survives is if the community each take it upon themselves to spread the word and drive adoption. It's called grass roots marketing. No one needs permission. I quietly promote adoption of viacoin all the time (who do you think is responsible for getting listed on pock.io or coinpayments for example), but you are wrong if you think I must solely be responsible for it. How do you think Doge became such a phenomenon? It wasn't anything to do with the devs, it was all community.

My focus is on technology, because by making something awesome, that the world can all benefit from. Please stop asking me to do this or that and spend that time instead contacting these companies yourself and making efforts to build the community.

One other consideration - companies are being contacted by "coins of the day" every day, so the only thing that going to make viacoin stick out from all those shout outs is volume of requests. One lone dev reaching out is not going to cut the mustard. Hundreds of shibes on the other hand... that's why you see Doge adoption everywhere. Another thing, is the community can leverage their contacts in ways that would be impossible for me. Grassroots marketing is simply unparalleled.

I know there are many of you who are quietly promoting, already, and thanks to you all, but those of you who arent, it's time you took action rather than waiting around for someone else to do the work.

You are completely right, but you missed some points. Let's accept that VIA is product. That product is associated with you, because it is your creation. Communities are the most important thing in crypto and I repeat that from months. They are the ones who gives real value to one coin no matter if it has thousands, millions or billions. My post (and your answer) was quite normal. As VIA holder I might share some ideas, but as VIA developer I cannot expect from you to do everything. Sometimes taken actions are as follows:
Someone: Hey, it will be nice if VIA has "that thing" as feature.
Developer: I agree. It is a good idea.
Third party: Yeah! I can do that.
I respect your answer and your work! I am pretty high in VIA's rich list, because of that. Wink You didn't get my post right, because when I mentioned you in it, I meant VIA (because as I said - it is your creation), but as I said your answer was normal and I understand it. That is why next week I will contact with bitkee (we follow each other on Twitter) and VIA will have metal wallets as feature.

ElTomeko27

Activity: 371

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:31:03 AM

Drak,

You can speak with Bitkee to add VIA to their supported coins. They make metal wallets. Several months ago I talked with them about one coin and I have good impression from those guys. It can be another nice feature that VIA has.

At this point I'd like to have some strong words with you all. No offence is meant by the following, but I see a pattern emerging we need to deal with and I need to express my opinion quite strongly.

Viacoin is an open source project which thrives on community. I don't like that everyone says "drak you should contact these or that people/company" all the time, it's not my job, its yours. Viacoin is not a company, remember that, it's a software movement. The only way an open source project survives is if the community each take it upon themselves to spread the word and drive adoption. It's called grass roots marketing. No one needs permission. I quietly promote adoption of viacoin all the time (who do you think is responsible for getting listed on pock.io or coinpayments for example), but you are wrong if you think I must solely be responsible for it. How do you think Doge became such a phenomenon? It wasn't anything to do with the devs, it was all community.

My focus is on technology, because by making something awesome, that the world can all benefit from. Please stop asking me to do this or that and spend that time instead contacting these companies yourself and making efforts to build the community.

One other consideration - companies are being contacted by "coins of the day" every day, so the only thing that going to make viacoin stick out from all those shout outs is volume of requests. One lone dev reaching out is not going to cut the mustard. Hundreds of shibes on the other hand... that's why you see Doge adoption everywhere. Another thing, is the community can leverage their contacts in ways that would be impossible for me. Grassroots marketing is simply unparalleled.

I know there are many of you who are quietly promoting, already, and thanks to you all, but those of you who arent, it's time you took action rather than waiting around for someone else to do the work.

You are completely right, but you missed some points. Let's accept that VIA is product. That product is associated with you, because it is your creation. Communities are the most important thing in crypto and I repeat that from months. They are the ones who gives real value to one coin no matter if it has thousands, millions or billions. My post (and your answer) was quite normal. As VIA holder I might share some ideas, but as VIA developer I cannot expect from you to do everything. Sometimes taken actions are as follows:
I respect your answer and your work! I am pretty high in VIA's rich list, because of that. Wink You didn't get my post right, because when I mentioned you in it, I meant VIA (because as I said - it is your creation), but as I said your answer was normal and I understand it. That is why next week I will contact with bitkee (we follow each other on Twitter) and VIA will have metal wallets as feature.

Spartak If You think that will help VIA, so sure contact with Bitkee Smiley
karmala

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:33:27 AM

Drak,

Spartak If You think that will help VIA, so sure contact with Bitkee Smiley

I def. want to have a metal wallet!

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 11:39:44 AM

I already contacted them on Twitter and I wait for their answer. I don't know if that feature will help VIA, but it is another brick to it's building. Wink 

karmala

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:42:21 AM

I already contacted them on Twitter and I wait for their answer. I don't know if that feature will help VIA, but it is another brick to it's building. Wink 

If it helps you and me, it helps VIA I would guess.  Grin

karmala

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:22:09 PM

Hi vianonians,

should we push for XCH on Bittrex? What do you think?

ElTomeko27

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:58:42 PM

Hi vianonians,

IF its possible...I say it might be good idea.
karmala

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:07:27 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 01:39:36 PM by karmala

Hi vianonians,

IF its possible...I say it might be good idea.

That is their policy and requirements to add alts: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex

To help speed up the process of deploying your coin, we'd like the following information sent to support@bittrex.com:

Coin Name
Coin trading symbol
Launch Date (past or future)
Github Link
Exchanges you are currently on
Official blockchain explorer
What is your TxFee for a transaction
A png image for your coin with a transparent background

FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:40:36 PM

Drak,

nope
karmala

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:55:31 PM

Hi,

can somebody send me a link to a XCH png image with transparent background?

tbear

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:31:42 PM

Hi,

Hi Karmala,

Here are 2 versions of the logo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/515215584212942848/qe34pVsm_400x400.png

https://bter.com/images/coin_icon/64/xch.png
karmala

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:39:46 PM

Hi,

Hi Karmala,

Here are 2 versions of the logo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/515215584212942848/qe34pVsm_400x400.png

https://bter.com/images/coin_icon/64/xch.png

great thanks

sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:39:53 PM

Hi vianonians,

It will definitely be a good idea to have it on trex. VIa has been strong, all this while .
RedPandaBoy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:42:41 PM

https://i.imgur.com/PDLTl0B.png?1

Made the background transparent. Smiley
karmala

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:03:22 PM

ok guys,

I made a short draft for them. However, I am not a native speaker so feel free to correct it and add stuff. But we should keep it simple and push for it with many tweets after we mailed them.

draft:

Dear Bittrex team,
Herewith, the viacoin and XCH community is kindly requesting you to add clearinghouse XCH to your exchange. XCH is the native currency of the clearinghouse protocol which operates on the VIA blockchain. XCH is used for the issuance of assets and the notary service provided by the clearwallet. It is innovative due to its extremely fast confirmation time and a supportive development policy of the underlying via blockchain. Our young project is already very well known in the cryptospace and we expect major adoption alongside with the forthcoming developments and would like to invite you to participate.
Regards,
Viacoin & XCH communities

•Coin Name
•   Clearinghouse
•Coin trading symbol
•   XCH
•Launch Date (past or future)
•Github Link
•   https://github.com/ClearingHouse/clearinghoused
•Exchanges you are currently on
•   Polienex, BTER, https://clearwallet.co/
•Official blockchain explorer
•   http://xch.blockscan.com/
•What is your TxFee for a transaction
•   0.001 VIA
•A png image for your coin with a transparent background
•   https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FPDLTl0B.png%3F1&t=546&c=-RbvigVga_d1cw#

ElTomeko27

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:14:17 PM

ok guys,

I made a short draft for them. However, I am not a native speaker so feel free to correct it and add stuff. But we should keep it simple and push for it with many tweets after we mailed them.

draft:

Dear Bittrex team,
Herewith, the viacoin and XCH community is kindly requesting you to add clearinghouse XCH to your exchange. XCH is the native currency of the clearinghouse protocol which operates on the VIA blockchain. XCH is used for the issuance of assets and the notary service provided by the clearwallet. It is innovative due to its extremely fast confirmation time and a supportive development policy of the underlying via blockchain. Our young project is already very well known in the cryptospace and we expect major adoption alongside with the forthcoming developments and would like to invite you to participate.
Regards,
Viacoin & XCH communities

•Coin Name
•   Clearinghouse
•Coin trading symbol
•   XCH
•Launch Date (past or future)
•Github Link
•   https://github.com/ClearingHouse/clearinghoused
•Exchanges you are currently on
•   Polienex, BTER, https://clearwallet.co/
•Official blockchain explorer
•   http://xch.blockscan.com/
•What is your TxFee for a transaction
•   0.001 VIA
•A png image for your coin with a transparent background
•   https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FPDLTl0B.png%3F1&t=546&c=-RbvigVga_d1cw#

I dont know is the date -11.6.2014 is it right but everything else seems to be ok.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 05:42:03 PM

I dont know is the date -11.6.2014 is it right but everything else seems to be ok.

11th August 2014.
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: