Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:13:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
compumine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:08:29 AM

I don't doubt that WE WILL reach 60k in the future.  But the price has been steady, rarely climbing up.  It's good and bad.  Good because it shows people like me and others are holding on to their coins, simply because we got in as a long term investment.  But by long term, I don't mean years!  After all, this is crypto world here and some coins, you invest 1BTC, and after a month you make 5. 

The bad is that other coins have been in the market before via and also making their own "burn" process and market and so on...  saffron for example is doing it.  Allot of innovation and fast.  So unless Via is going to bring something exceptional, it will always stay where it is.  And will climb up very slowly.

*Image Removed*

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:26:58 AM

i think it might be a good idea for the viacoin team to talk to btc38 and get a via/cny pair listed over there. it would make it easier for china to get into viacoin.

again, check out doge, btsx and bc.  all the drivers of their rise are from CNY not BTC:  http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=btc

again, remember, it was china that got BTC to go over 1000 USD.

with a low steady price but backed by high volume, this would become an ideal coin to hold for the longterm. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Afridon

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:36:52 AM

i think it might be a good idea for the viacoin team to talk to btc38 and get a via/cny pair listed over there. it would make it easier for china to get into viacoin.

again, check out doge, btsx and bc.  all the drivers of their rise are from CNY not BTC:  http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=btc

with a low steady price but backed by high volume, this would become an ideal coin to hold for the longterm. 
YEAH.Can't agree you more!We need to promote China market coz Chinese is very crazy and they are rich!
xucrance

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:58:53 AM

I have decided to burn some VIA to XCH.VIA have a great goal and i think XCH to VIA means XCP to BTC.good profits
japandrew73

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:16:40 AM

+10000 Please do it!  Tweet them too
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 08:19:35 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 08:35:30 AM by andreibi

you seriously think VIA won't reach 60k again?  In the long-term, that's an extremely conservative valuation…  I see VIA as top 3 coins eventually, anywhere between .001-.003 is realistic

Via's market value should at least be at par with Counterparty since at this point, Clearinghouse is ALMOST identical to XCP (bugs being worked on independently by their respective coin devs).

Here's an ultra-conservative estimate of the value of Viacoin:

$6M/12,584BTC marketcap (XCP is $6.3M) divided by 11,029,135 coins = 0.00114097 btc per Via

All eyes are monitoring the developments. You can confirm this by lurking around some circles (traders/media/coin forums). The "Smart Money" always buy before everybody else and sells when it gets popular (attention by big media outfits, many tweets, Max Keiser, etc).

Until the days when Via reaches its all-time high, all trade tricks known to mankind will be used to push the price down while there's still time. Who doesn't want cheap via? Major whales will keep quiet until they are finished buying. This phase right now reminds me of Blackcoin when it was hovering between 3k - 6k satoshis.

Now, I also have an optimistic evaluation.  Grin

DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 10:26:52 AM

you seriously think VIA won't reach 60k again?  In the long-term, that's an extremely conservative valuation…  I see VIA as top 3 coins eventually, anywhere between .001-.003 is realistic

Via's market value should at least be at par with Counterparty since at this point, Clearinghouse is ALMOST identical to XCP (bugs being worked on independently by their respective coin devs).

$6M/12,584BTC marketcap (XCP is $6.3M) divided by 11,029,135 coins = 0.00114097 btc per Via

All eyes are monitoring the developments. You can confirm this by lurking around some circles (traders/media/coin forums). The "Smart Money" always buy before everybody else and sells when it gets popular (attention by big media outfits, many tweets, Max Keiser, etc).

Until the days when Via reaches its all-time high, all trade tricks known to mankind will be used to push the price down while there's still time. Who doesn't want cheap via? Major whales will keep quiet until they are finished buying. This phase right now reminds me of Blackcoin when it was hovering between 3k - 6k satoshis.

God bless your words  Grin

Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:20:31 PM

Let`s hear that as well  Cheesy

Really looks like a bottom has formed by the way. Nice orderbook at bittrex.
japandrew73

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:57:04 PM

agreed.  why don't more investors see this?   I'd like to see VIA in top 10 coins, it's currently #22:  http://coinmarketcap.com
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 03:16:04 PM

Let`s hear that as well  Cheesy

Really looks like a bottom has formed by the way. Nice orderbook at bittrex.

Well, there are many factors to consider that would affect Viacoin's marketcap, such as: Marketing, Awareness, Distribution and Accessibility, Innovation and Development. If I go into that, it will be a long read.

So, I'll just give a simplistic analysis based on other coins.

If you look at the top 13 coins, you'll notice the list is dominated with ecosystems, privacy-centric coins and PoS coins (because it's the fastest confirmation method).

Ecosystems: Ripple, BitSharesX, Nxt, Bitcoindark, Counterparty
PoW coins after BTC: Litecoin, Dogecoin, Darkcoin, Namecoin

Beyond the 13th coin, Blackcoin and Crypti are the only ones who has an ecosystem.

Now, all these ecosystems have the same problem of a blockchain bloat (extra data means an enormous blockchain to download), I think Bithalo avoids it by not recording the extra data into the blockchain and Nxt shrinks the chain and leaves a full copy to trusted nodes. Bitcoindark is a clone of Nxt so same problems. Counterparty is regarded as spam data in BTC's blockchain. I don't know about the rest though.

Anyway, Viacoin's ace card is the future implementation of treechains. Ethereum devs are also aware of the bloat problem and are watching Viacoin's development. Treechain's aim is to improve blockchain scalability.

At the moment though, Viacoin is already an improvement over similar PoW systems because of the 24-sec confirmation time, beating Dogecoin/Dogeparty combo. Also AuxPoW (merged mining) may be implemented in the future.

So now, you can estimate that Viacoin will soon be among the top 13 coins. 

agreed.  why don't more investors see this?   I'd like to see VIA in top 10 coins, it's currently #22:  http://coinmarketcap.com

The investors are monitoring - people who bought Ethereum are monitoring, people in Bithalo are monitoring, and others. They are waiting for that buy signal while others are manipulating the price to go down. If viacoin is ignored or forgotten by investors, you won't see any trading activity at all. Check out the trading of "almost dead" coins and compare.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 03:21:28 PM

why don't more investors see this?   I'd like to see VIA in top 10 coins, it's currently #22:  http://coinmarketcap.com

Investors have been on vacation.  VIA isn't even only two months old, and whales don't like risky new things with low volume.

Once VIA demonstrates its VIAbility over time and the hype about treechains gets around, we'll see more price action.

Until then, enjoy the cheap coins.

If you use the filter to remove premined/nonminable shitcoins, VIA is #12.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/filter-non-mineable-and-premined/

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:41:39 PM

because the market that could bring viacoin to the top 10 has no access to it:  china.  again, via/cny needs to be listed at btc38. 

it's pretty clear btc38 has users loaded with cny.  check out bc/cny, the volume is getting thicker and thicker:  http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=bc

i am pretty sure the chinese will love viacoin and would happily invest in the project.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
japandrew73

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:57:03 PM

because the market that could bring viacoin to the top 10 has no access to it:  china.  again, via/cny needs to be listed at btc38. 

it's pretty clear btc38 has users loaded with cny.  check out bc/cny, the volume is getting thicker and thicker:  http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=bc

i am pretty sure the chinese will love viacoin and would happily invest in the project.

Then get on your twitter and make it happen!  This guy tweeted them: https://twitter.com/LordBTC/status/510689001766809600
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 07:12:55 PM

It seems altcoin volume has died on Mintpal, Bittrex, Cryptsy and C-CEX. It's all in BTC38.com

We need to help get viacoin added to BTC38. You can help by voting here http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html

japandrew73

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:48:49 AM

Hi everyone,

As you know I'm in London with Peter Todd. There's a lot going on and it's hard to communicate much like I used to. Having lots of meetings and making lots of new connections. Peter and Amir were guest speakers on the Ethereum panel. It was a nice experience with a nice crowd. Seems quite a few people have heard of Viacoin which was interesting for me. In any case I'm going to be in London until at least Wednesday and therefore not as active as I would like online. We've also got a lot of work to do but I'll at least tweet occasionally from @viacoin and @btcdrak and if possible write something in this thread.

There are some pretty epic developments in terms of technology and things we can explore with viacoin. Looks like there are some more really interesting OP codes to add to the scripting language for viacoin. The blockchain notary code is done, but I still need to merge this in. I obviously need some quality time to do so.

Anyway, have a nice weekend.

Drak

Thanks for the update Drak, very comforting to investors.  Looking forward to future developments.  Drak, could you get in touch with the guys at btc38 to get a VIA/cny market going?   

http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 04:33:49 AM

VIA is surely one of biggest startups lately

chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:32:09 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 09:42:38 AM by chompyZ

There are some pretty epic developments in terms of technology and things we can explore with viacoin. Looks like there are some more really interesting OP codes to add to the scripting language for viacoin.

Hi drak,
Great to hear about the progress, and looking forward to your detailed update next week.

In regards to the OP codes, i'd like to suggest something for your/ Peter's consideration or dismiss.

I have long been disturbed by the lack of consensus regarding BTC price. From my experience in markets, I see this as a major flaw for establishing advanced contracts, especially when price at any moment can be manipulated by whales, or by the 'last trade' that in reality could have been of insignificant volume (e.g. 1-Satoshi), hence not really reflective of anything.

I do not have a solution for 'price consensus', but Satushi himself gave a  solution.

Satoshi taught us that:

In the absence of a market to establish the price, NewLibertyStandard's estimate based on production cost is a good guess and a helpful service (thanks).  The price of any commodity tends to gravitate toward the production cost.  If the price is below cost, then production slows down.  If the price is above cost, profit can be made by generating and selling more.  At the same time, the increased production would increase the difficulty, pushing the cost of generating towards the price.

I therefore humbly suggest we embrace Satoshi's thought in the form of adding an OP code that relates to the DIFFICULTY of bitcoin mining. This can then benchmarked as a measure for price in contracts between traders and so forth without need to quote a centralized exchange, or to average a few exchanges in order to obtain a consensus of an asset's price.

my 2cents.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:36:55 PM

They are waiting for that buy signal while others are manipulating the price to go down.

Thanks!
What do you mean by "manipulating"? You can`t short VIA, so how do you profit from "manipulating" the price down?
When I look at bittrex, there seems to be some effort by a "whale" to keep the price from falling and lots of small sells (miners?).

Edit: oops, big buywall just got eaten up.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:37:01 PM

They are waiting for that buy signal while others are manipulating the price to go down.

Thanks!
What do you mean by "manipulating"? You can`t short VIA, so how do you profit from "manipulating" the price down?
When I look at bittrex, there seems to be some effort by a "whale" to keep the price from falling and lots of small sells (miners?).

Edit: oops, big buywall just got eaten up.

'Manipulation' talk is nonsense.

The price is merely trending down, and will stay in its trend until there are new buyers.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:41:03 PM

Are turing complete contracts going to be implemented into Viacoin? Or are you of the opinion such capabilities are pointless?

I am still on the fence about the Ethereum style contract system.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: