Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:59:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Trivelius

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:11:41 PM

Actually technology is not the most important thing, CANN, BC, DOGE are good at marketing, promotion and PR, that's why their market cap went to the moon Cheesy

Their market cap went to the moon because the P&D trading groups....

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aciddbboy

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:39:44 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 03:40:38 PM by aciddbboy

Huge dump with such a low volume isnt good news .

Investors seem to not have any interest on viacoin and that means not the best short term future .

Kinda frustrating that no one is willing to raise up the price . Few btc will bring the price back to 22 but thats likeley not going to happen any soon .

Looks like they will let the price go down as much as posible and wont buy back untill either the price go down like 10k or very good news.

It feels sad for those who believed in the project and got owned by whales once again . Unfortunateley this is how crypto works these days. Its all about pnd/manipulation.

For those with a big bag above 30k , wait and hope for the best ! Viacoin is a very ambitious project , if they succed will be huge but it is not going to be easy . And i honestly still think via should be able to stabilize between 17k - 19k without any new development. Will see ^^ .

yo2monty

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:01:34 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 05:15:41 PM by yo2monty

By the way, what's next? Since we finished the blockchain notary and have successfully upgraded the network, the next task is the CustodyChains protocol.
OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY is still going through peer review and we also need to think about the necessary soft fork for that.
Additionally we spent time testing and running simulation regarding the difficulty switching algo. This is being rolled out on testnet at block 300000 to see how it works in practice. We'll be directing real mining at it to see how it copes. This is because the DWG3 algo overreacts - the aim is to make it much smoother with less variance.

No coins in the cryptoworld implement the CustodyChains protocol and the LockTime OPCode, so we can imagine what will happen.
Here is a paper on "CustodyChains": http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?reload=true&arnumber=4258666 .
TheVoice

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:15:11 PM

It is very surprising and unfortunate, what is happening to this nice coin.
I agree that technology is not everything but marketing is not everythiing neither.
The best is a good combination of both!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 05:26:53 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 05:45:16 PM by iCEBREAKER

What type of companies are likely to adopt this technology?
Have any companies shown any interest?
Is the team currently working on implementing the technology anywhere?

What do you see VIA  and XCH becoming in real world.

VIA is only a three month old baby.  All you Panicky Penelope types need to calm your bits and have a great deal more patience.

If you want to help, start finding use cases and approach potential adopters.

Here's where I think we should start:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112758/lazooz-the-decentralized-proof-of-movement-uber-unveiled

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822533.0

and

https://o.info/index.php/How_to_Issue_a_Cryptosecurity_using_ClearingHouse

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
erikoehler

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:29:58 PM

Some updates based on the people who have initially shown interest:

-We think there needs to be some simple/non-cryptojunkie explanations on the Via site in sort of an elevator-pitch style. Summarize what has been done so far w/ the coin and what it means to anyone who can use it. Someone has volunteered to write a draft.

-Storyboarding some viral marketing videos. I already have some pretty decent script ideas highlighting real-world uses for via and xch that we'll present in simple 15-20 second videos. Funny, informative, and to the point. I can manage the actors/filming, and between myself and another volunteer can chop it up/edit.

-Twitter account should/will be much more active highlighting not only the existing developments with via/xch, but real-world applications of it, educating on the world of crypto.

-A huge step forward would be commissioning a developer to integrate via into an existing payment plugin (woocommerce) or creating a payment plugin. We already have several e-commerce sites that would integrate from day 1. (any volunteers?)

Again, if anyone is interested in getting involved, PM me!
yo2monty

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:45:38 PM

It is very surprising and unfortunate, what is happening to this nice coin.
I agree that technology is not everything but marketing is not everythiing neither.
The best is a good combination of both!

The market also loves the world first technology.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 09:29:47 PM

cheaper via means cheaper transaction costs to whoever wants to use this network

a successful marketing strategy looks where one wants to be in the future and breaking that down into particular short term opportunities that are successfully engaged.

i have not had time yet to review all the stuff that viacoin offers but going through this valley is common.  one can look at for example XCP.

there was a period where the coin fell in price but now they have several companies investing money and resources into utilizing the protocol.

so someone needs to go an define the various markets and the application of viacoin technologies in those markets.  at that point people who have interests in those markets or some expertise or connections in them, can start to chip away at getting the interest of entrepreneurs, developers and investors.
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 11:29:51 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 01:45:20 AM by derrend

Wow, we just went sub 14k Shocked 10k here we come?

11.7k is lowest ever price on bittrex, breaching that puts every trader there in the red!
(more than 90% of all viacoin trades currently happen on bittrex) Undecided

#waterfall
masternode

Activity: 443

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:37:59 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 04:41:42 AM by masternode

Wow, we just went sub 14k Shocked 10k here we come?

11.7k is lowest ever price on bittrex, breaching that puts every trader there in the red!
(more than 90% of all viacoin trades currently happen on bittrex) Undecided

#waterfall

Nah, Via fell below 10k at one point on day 1.  I bought as much as I could then.  

Fwiw, I'm one of the larger holders, and while I would have been happy if this coin went up multiples right away, I was totally fine if it didn't as I felt strongly about what Drak was trying to build (and figured in the long term through adoption the price would shine, even if it doesn't in the short term).  A few things about it made sense to me.  Mostly, is the idea that Drak has created an ultra-fast coin with the intent of having others develop applications (like clearinghouse) on top of it.  I think of things in terms of how I've seen businesses evolve.  With VIA, it reminded me of what Facebook did to Myspace.  Facebook opened their API and allowed everyone to build applications on top of their platform while Myspace initially did not.  This single even is probably most attributable to Facebook taking the #1 spot in social networks.  I see VIA similarly, in how they are inviting others to build applications on top of the coin.  VIA is acting as a data carrier in ways that bitcoin was not designed (24 sec confirmations, expected larger OP_RETURN space, etc.).  Anyway, none of these fundamentals have changed in my mind.  

The best way for the coin to flourish is by having people help build out the ecosystem, adoption, etc. This is something I take serious, as behind the scenes we (myself, Drak, ChompyZ, among others) are doing what we can to help with adoption.

Just remember, the price does not make up a coin.  

-ed

helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:41:12 AM

there is no buy orders in bter, I am still buying small amount,
but what's the future?

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
defcoin

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:41:23 AM

What... the fuck... is this... from the XCP thread? Does anyone know about this??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg9281547#msg9281547

If true, we're going to need the "this is huge" guy.
masternode

Activity: 443

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:46:31 AM

What... the fuck... is this... from the XCP thread? Does anyone know about this??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg9281547#msg9281547

This is an example of exactly what we hope to see with Clearinghouse.  Overtime, more and more people will realize how critical speed is.

Here is what was posted

"Yes, this is what I'm learning. I will say for certain, I know that a big social gaming co might be the first to make this jump to clearinghouse. From what I'm told, they simply weren't happy with counterparty for whatever reason. Though they haven't ruled out counterparty, they seem to be more intrigued with clearinghouse. I have no idea when this will happen, but I'm told the first move will be merging a type of betting game on the platform as an experiment. I was also told that they are even exploring offering company shares through the platform as well. Meanwhile, I'm still just sitting here trying to figure it all out."
derrend

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 03:46:54 AM

This is an example of exactly what we hope to see with Clearinghouse.  Overtime, more and more people will realize how critical speed is.
platform as well. Meanwhile, I'm still just sitting here trying to figure it all out."

A newbie account with activitty 13 wrote that, please don't feed the trolls.

Nah, Via fell below 10k at one point on day 1.  I bought as much as I could then.  
-ed

Ed, shhh! I'm trying to troll the price down in case you haven't noticed Cheesy

karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:26:40 AM

Hi everybody,

I am so happy! It is absolutly a gigantic luck and not understandable what happened to the price of this fantastic coin. I was able to buy 12k of it yesterday. I did not buy before because I thought the train has left without me. Thank you everybody (for selling) and I am sure there are some more like me who are currently buying and will bring fresh blood to via. I have absolutely no idea why the price drop. I read every single post to find out. This is a rare opportunity for buyers.

Having said that, I would also like to participate a bit in the community. First question would be: is there an android app?
Second question: does clearinghouse need XCP? its essentially an asset and can be replaced by other assets created with clearinghousre right?

KarmaKaguy

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:37:20 AM

Hi everybody,

I am so happy! It is absolutly a gigantic luck and not understandable what happened to the price of this fantastic coin. I was able to buy 12k of it yesterday. I did not buy before because I thought the train has left without me. Thank you everybody (for selling) and I am sure there are some more like me who are currently buying and will bring fresh blood to via. I have absolutely no idea why the price drop. I read every single post to find out. This is a rare opportunity for buyers.

Having said that, I would also like to participate a bit in the community. First question would be: is there an android app?
Second question: does clearinghouse need XCP? its essentially an asset and can be replaced by other assets created with clearinghousre right?

KarmaKaguy

The price is going down because a whale exits and his bot is raining viacoins since days/weeks.

As soon he finished the price should go up. I will try to find the bottom for buying more  Grin

fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:03:24 AM

Hi everybody,

KarmaKaguy

The price is going down because a whale exits and his bot is raining viacoins since days/weeks.

As soon he finished the price should go up. I will try to find the bottom for buying more  Grin

It should be the bottom now, I don't think it will go down anymore. Even some other shit/scam coin like cann, uro's market cap is much larger than VIAcoin.
derrend

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:40:44 AM

I'm hoping to see 10k, would love to buy back there Smiley
fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:52:49 AM

did you sell  Shocked I remember you said you hold them.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:55:26 AM

I love to buy at 8K. Grin
good chance for cheap coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: