Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:41:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW ZenCloud ZenPool Hashlet - does it really exist? ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :-)  (Read 262834 times)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 12:51:42 AM

Just had an e-mail from GAW explaining that they will be charging maintenance fee for Double Dipping on the second pool. Requires more hardware apparently... Not so prime eh?
Lots of 'cheap' primes in the market if anyone is after any.....

Oh FFS... thanks for the heads up, I found that e-mail in my spam folder. Of course it didn't say if it's going to be the full 0.08 USD or half. And it sounds like all DD/Boost clicks in the future will have maintenance fees even if you don't use HashPool. A step forward (well, more like sideways), two steps back. I guess it's a good thing HT is down, allows the users to absorb the news in solitude...

Update:

After the payout round finished for today, some users seemed to have been confused about how the HashPool was paid out.

Since the HashPool was released with only 19 hours (instead of a full 24hrs) remaining in the current payout round, it is likely that the payout for the current period would have seemed low, when in fact the payout was correct considering the software release time. This explanation should answer a few questions that users may be having about HashPool specific payouts.

In addition, we have also recognized that since the beginning of Hashlet Prime Amps we have not charged a maintenance fee for Double Dipping or Boosting. So currently if a user enables a second pool (Double Dipping) for a Prime Hashlet, there is no maintenance fee charged when mining the second pool. Since this upgrade requires extra hashing power (additional hardware) we will be introducing the maintenance fee into the second pool and boosting upgrade.

I hope this helps provide clarity to existing questions as well as communicate clearly our plans for the immediate future in regards to payouts

IRC still up...and its hostile in here lol

HT is back up and it's shaping to be a banfest like never before Smiley

https://hashtalk.org/topic/14481/now-hashlets-prime-charge-the-boost-and-dd/

On a positive note, ZenHashlet is once again the best hashlet. Prime costs 3x more and can only mine 1.5x more in a best case scenario. Prime's advantage used to be fee-free double dip, but not anymore.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:09:07 AM

received my withdrawals instant, pure ROI here  Wink
tf315

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:16:30 AM

[/quote]

On a positive note, ZenHashlet is once again the best hashlet. Prime costs 3x more and can only mine 1.5x more in a best case scenario. Prime's advantage used to be fee-free double dip, but not anymore.

[/quote]

Doubt any of the moderators are going to be willing to do anything at this point LOL
NeonTranceBadger

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:20:35 AM

[/quote]

Doubt any of the moderators are going to be willing to do anything at this point LOL
[/quote]

I'm selling the rest of my primes and pulling out, all they did was make promises they didn't keep and lied.  I hope they go under, GAW is a bunch of scammers and they didn't even credit me for the BTC I lost due to the merge hashlet bug.  Thankfully after selling my ZenHashlets I ROIed on my account and with that I got a LTCGear 1K6X.
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:45:21 AM

I think something funny is going on here with this "NEWS", the man that has inside information is posting on the forum quoting, highlighting "free" from the post made a couple of days ago. Fear appeal? I think they are trying to create panic selling.

Panic selling is a wide-scale selling of an investment which causes a sharp decline in prices. Specifically, an investor wants to get out of an investment with little regard of the price obtained. The selling activity is problematic because the investor is selling in reaction to emotion and fear, rather than evaluating the fundamentals. Most major stock exchanges use trading curbs to throttle panic selling, providing a cooling period for people to digest information related to the selling and restore some degree of normalcy to the market.

As most can see there is major panic in the forum, most will not wait for a "cooling period" and sell. I can see a lot of people getting screwed here.

Things I learned in marketing:
1: There are stupid people out there
2: There are more stupid people out there
etc etc...

Edit: someone is moving a lot of btc today, someone posted this in the forum,
About $50 mil was moved...

https://blockchain.info/address/1KryFUt9tXHvaoCYTNPbqpWPJKQ717YmL5

MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:54:03 AM

Wow.

Instead of reducing maintenance fees to keep accounts positive GAW is raising maintenance fees on Primes. Wonder how long until GAW gets raided like BF Labs.

http://www.sec.gov/complaint.shtml
hashie

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:55:35 AM

I think this is a great lesson on why you should not pay $50 / MH based on claimed but not detailed or promised future features, and where existing features may even be modified against you.

-Sahra

the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:56:51 AM

I think something funny is going on here with this "NEWS", the man that has inside information is posting on the forum quoting, highlighting "free" from the post made a couple of days ago. Fear appeal? I think they are trying to create panic selling.

Panic selling is a wide-scale selling of an investment which causes a sharp decline in prices. Specifically, an investor wants to get out of an investment with little regard of the price obtained. The selling activity is problematic because the investor is selling in reaction to emotion and fear, rather than evaluating the fundamentals. Most major stock exchanges use trading curbs to throttle panic selling, providing a cooling period for people to digest information related to the selling and restore some degree of normalcy to the market.

As most can see there is major panic in the forum, most will not wait for a "cooling period" and sell. I can see a lot of people getting screwed here.

etc etc...

The news does indeed seem shady as hell and caused me to think the same thing about trying to ingite panic selling.  If there is one thing I have learned its that every time you panic sell in investing and especially crypto you get burned.  
verloren

Activity: 323

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:58:58 AM

Here's something to consider about GAW; if they are such a serious and well established firm with lot's of money how come they can't manage to keep a simple forum up 24/7? Hell 20/7 would be an improvement. This is something that should be intolerable to clients and potential clients because Hashtalk is so integrated into what you get. It's where you get announcement and where you bug them for help.

While we're on the subject of help, the ticket system is set it and forget it. That is you set it (send it in) and they forget it. I'm not joking, the ticket system is horrible and an embarrassment. How hard is it to hire more people? Heck, hire people in India to do this.

If they are so serious and professional why can't they nail down these very simple things? Of course HT is down right now btw.

I wish they would just admit they made a mistake in switching to it and ditch nodeBB

More announcements that rouse the crowd = more bandwidth usage on nodeBB. The irony.

It looks like they fucked us with the "no fee" promise. I switched a couple of primes to HashPool yesterday as soon as it became available, and still got charged full maintenance fees. Basically lost money (ON PRIMES!) because DD was not enough to cover the fees. The only hope now is that this was due to part of the day being not on HashPool - perhaps "no fee" applies only if the hashlet is mining HP the whole day. Going to conduct one more day of experiments out of my own pocket to verify that theory.

Isn't it ridiculous that they wouldn't just explain it for everyone. Plenty of people on HT asking the same thing, so it's not like it's some kind of unreasonable demand.

Since I read that buying with HP's is off I am hesitant to even try. One account I have has double the hashrate as the other account but for some reason doesn't get the double payout...
Have to dig into that.
Can't even buy Solos direct from GAW. It all points straight to HashMarket, which doesn't allow HP use.
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:59:31 AM

etc etc...

The news does indeed seem shady as hell and caused me to think the same thing about trying to ingite panic selling.  If there is one thing I have learned its that every time you panic sell in investing and especially crypto you get burned.  

Unless you are selling Enron 2.0 as it tanks. But yes, everytime I have panic sold BTC I have regretted it Wink
I_IZ_CEO

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:12:44 AM

I think this is a great lesson on why you should not pay $50 / MH based on claimed but not detailed or promised future features, and where existing features may even be modified against you.

-Sahra

So far no problems with your site and the other cloud mining sites I have invested in, plus thanks for the free ones to try before I purchased.

Some of us have been in this game for a little while and have burn marks from bad investments, trusting exchanges etc. Lost some BTC @ MTGOX, CRYPTORUSH, and COINEX.. Made some good investments and some bad ones. I am a lot more careful and do not trust anybody in the crypto world and to be honest I kinda am glad I did get burnt, It opened up my eyes and I kinda needed it. Good luck

Edit:
A good gov site with all the warnings, but I know most "Investors" Will not read it..

Investor Alert: Bitcoin and Other Virtual Currency-Related Investments

http://investor.gov/news-alerts/investor-alerts/investor-alert-bitcoin-other-virtual-currency-related-investments#.U2uV1PldV1Y

He hits every nail on the head:

As with any investment, be careful if you spot any of these potential warning signs of investment fraud:

“Guaranteed” high investment returns. There is no such thing as guaranteed high investment returns. Be wary of anyone who promises that you will receive a high rate of return on your investment, with little or no risk.

Unsolicited offers. An unsolicited sales pitch may be part of a fraudulent investment scheme. Exercise extreme caution if you receive an unsolicited communication – meaning you didn’t ask for it and don’t know the sender – about an investment opportunity.

Unlicensed sellers. Federal and state securities laws require investment professionals and their firms who offer and sell investments to be licensed or registered. Many fraudulent investment schemes involve unlicensed individuals or unregistered firms. Check license and registration status by searching the SEC’s Investment Adviser Public Disclosure (IAPD) website or FINRA’s BrokerCheck website.

No net worth or income requirements. The federal securities laws require securities offerings to be registered with the SEC unless an exemption from registration applies. Most registration exemptions require that investors are accredited investors. Be highly suspicious of private (i.e., unregistered) investment opportunities that do not ask about your net worth or income.

Sounds too good to be true. If the investment sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Remember that investments providing higher returns typically involve more risk.

Pressure to buy RIGHT NOW. Fraudsters may try to create a false sense of urgency to get in on the investment. Take your time researching an investment opportunity before handing over your money

bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:48:28 AM

When this completely fails which ultimately it will no one can truly say they didn't see The Writing on the Wall. At least I hope they can't. Josh is a megalomaniac. He made a lot of quick money(millions), got grandiose dreams of turning that into billions and got drunk on his own koolaid and turned into a power hungry madman loving the limelight. Bottom line is he completely lacks the skills to handle even a two-bit ISP in rural New England. I wouldn't be surprised if Zencloud never comes back online. Anything sound familiar here?

Great Auk Wireless
1300 Putney Rd, Brattleboro, VT
Write a review
1 Google review
Mark Lanoue
5 months ago
The most unreliable internet service on the market!!!  DON"T even think about it!!!  Dial up may be slow, but it's more reliable then GAW!  Customer service is basically non existence, they either don't answer, or a machine takes a message.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/canaan-vt/THJFBNV4MIFIR075C
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:13:20 AM

Looks like the outcry has made them backtrack on dd fees. I guess they'll come up with a way to syphon off more coins.
mutha

Activity: 430

AS8UDRR8Dc4wTyZkMT7Z5vaXtiWK9zh5Hb

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:16:34 AM

-Sahra

So far no problems with your site and the other cloud mining sites I have invested in, plus thanks for the free ones to try before I purchased.

Some of us have been in this game for a little while and have burn marks from bad investments, trusting exchanges etc. Lost some BTC @ MTGOX, CRYPTORUSH, and COINEX.. Made some good investments and some bad ones. I am a lot more careful and do not trust anybody in the crypto world and to be honest I kinda am glad I did get burnt, It opened up my eyes and I kinda needed it. Good luck

Edit:
A good gov site with all the warnings, but I know most "Investors" Will not read it..

Investor Alert: Bitcoin and Other Virtual Currency-Related Investments

http://investor.gov/news-alerts/investor-alerts/investor-alert-bitcoin-other-virtual-currency-related-investments#.U2uV1PldV1Y

He hits every nail on the head:

As with any investment, be careful if you spot any of these potential warning signs of investment fraud:

“Guaranteed” high investment returns. There is no such thing as guaranteed high investment returns. Be wary of anyone who promises that you will receive a high rate of return on your investment, with little or no risk.

Unsolicited offers. An unsolicited sales pitch may be part of a fraudulent investment scheme. Exercise extreme caution if you receive an unsolicited communication – meaning you didn’t ask for it and don’t know the sender – about an investment opportunity.

Unlicensed sellers. Federal and state securities laws require investment professionals and their firms who offer and sell investments to be licensed or registered. Many fraudulent investment schemes involve unlicensed individuals or unregistered firms. Check license and registration status by searching the SEC’s Investment Adviser Public Disclosure (IAPD) website or FINRA’s BrokerCheck website.

No net worth or income requirements. The federal securities laws require securities offerings to be registered with the SEC unless an exemption from registration applies. Most registration exemptions require that investors are accredited investors. Be highly suspicious of private (i.e., unregistered) investment opportunities that do not ask about your net worth or income.

Sounds too good to be true. If the investment sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Remember that investments providing higher returns typically involve more risk.

Pressure to buy RIGHT NOW. Fraudsters may try to create a false sense of urgency to get in on the investment. Take your time researching an investment opportunity before handing over your money

Feel free to embrace the irony of this news that broke today and the advertising while you read the story  Shocked 

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/sec-sends-inquiry-letters-hundreds-bitcoin-companies-unregistered-securities/
tf315

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:25:24 AM

Looks like the outcry has made them backtrack on dd fees. I guess they'll come up with a way to syphon off more coins.

This one is from the Bill Clinton school (you know, "what the definition of "is" is"). It depends on what the definition of "free, forever" is. LOL
tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:31:35 AM

Well I think it might be time for me to stop going on hashtalk. Reading everyones post about how they will not charge us for fees makes m sick. They act like josh just gave them something great. All thy did was not implement another fee when they already are taking so much as well as having some of the most expensive $/mhs. I have been a GAW supporter but if anything it shows how they will change things at will. They wanted those fees if they planned on those fees there is no stoping them from getting them a different way.
I_IZ_CEO

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:40:01 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 03:55:31 AM by I_IZ_CEO

Feel free to embrace the irony of this news that broke today and the advertising while you read the story  Shocked  

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/sec-sends-inquiry-letters-hundreds-bitcoin-companies-unregistered-securities/

I did read about this 1-2 days ago, I cant remember if it was on that site or another one. There was also an article on coindesk today "FinCEN Rules Bitcoin Payment Processors, Exchanges are Money Transmitters"
I wonder if thats why that $52 million dollars in BTC is moving around today.

There is a post about the SEC one and Spoetnik posted the letter that was sent to CEX.IO

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=837026.0

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:43:21 AM

New coke.
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:52:51 AM

Somebody already showed these 4 year old comments couple days ago. Nowadays you can write almost anything online and can be sure someone will copy&paste it somewhere.
BTW, "1 google review" - sounds reliable Wink

Somebody already showed these 4 year old comments couple days ago. Nowadays you can write almost anything online and can be sure someone will copy&paste it somewhere.
BTW, "1 google review" - sounds reliable Wink

I know very well they have been posted before. The comments from the link are as recent as 2 years ago and the review was 5 months ago as clearly stated. Find me one good review anywhere at any time.
mutha

Activity: 430

AS8UDRR8Dc4wTyZkMT7Z5vaXtiWK9zh5Hb

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:54:53 AM

Feel free to embrace the irony of this news that broke today and the advertising while you read the story  Shocked 

I did read about this 1-2 days ago, I cant remember if it was on that site or another one. There was also an article on coindesk today "FinCEN Rules Bitcoin Payment Processors, Exchanges are Money Transmitters"
I wonder if thats why that $52 million dollars in BTC is moving around today.
[/quote]

There is a lot of repositioning going on, I suspect it is more from people in the US wanting to claim year end tax losses and buy back in after 30 days... similar to what they do with stocks?
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: