Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:10:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380965 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:46:34 AM

Thanx for the response,
 I think continually moving coins in and out of the wallet must be my problem then, but at this price they can stay put in the wallet,  each time i add coins to the wallet, does it restart the 5 day maturing time for all coins again, or just for the newly added coins? Smiley
Regards Dan

Just the newly added coins...

Go to the 'Send' tab in the wallet. You should see the coin control feature? If you click on 'Inputs', you will be able to see the number of confirmations (and date received) of every 'input' of coins in your wallet. Obviously, you want to choose the inputs with lowest number of confirmations and fewest number of coins. Coin control is a great feature, but like most things in crypto, it needs to be more user-friendly.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:04:53 AM

Hi Dan - Yes it works just as Beave162 describes.

I am similar to you - away for a week or two back for a week or two.  I have noted no particular advantage in being online all the time - once/twice a week for 12 hrs catches everything up to the age of coins and staking priority. Of course if you are always connected you support/protect the network which is a bonus.

Moving coins out is going to detract - I have no idea if it preferentially sends old coins but I suspect so. I have never used coin control.

Happy staking

Cheers

Thanx for the response,
 I think continually moving coins in and out of the wallet must be my problem then, but at this price they can stay put in the wallet,  each time i add coins to the wallet, does it restart the 5 day maturing time for all coins again, or just for the newly added coins? Smiley
Regards Dan

Just the newly added coins...

Go to the 'Send' tab in the wallet. You should see the coin control feature? If you click on 'Inputs', you will be able to see the number of confirmations (and date received) of every 'input' of coins in your wallet. Obviously, you want to choose the inputs with lowest number of confirmations and fewest number of coins. Coin control is a great feature, but like most things in crypto, it needs to be more user-friendly.

--

--
dan_and_shan

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:47:42 AM

Thanx for the responses, and funnily enough i just recieved  50 coins Cheesy

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:49:04 AM

anybody noticed this slight aberration?

so the BTC difficulty has increased.......... but the price has dropped significantly...............

but the hashrate has INCREASED significantly?

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

so the major holders (centralised BTC holders with majority mining power) have screwed the price (read manipulated) for a quick buck over the holiday break.

I expect - but could be wrong Sad Smiley a quick correction by next week - and it will filter through to UTC and others.

--

--
jsamul

Activity: 300

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:46:20 AM

so the BTC difficulty has increased.......... but the price has dropped significantly...............

so the major holders (centralised BTC holders with majority mining power) have screwed the price (read manipulated) for a quick buck over the holiday break.

I expect - but could be wrong Sad Smiley a quick correction by next week - and it will filter through to UTC and others.

imho: cheap hashpower = cheap BTC, just like it happened to LTC.
time will come when worthless hardware will be used to mine worthless coin, just like rats abandoning a sinking ship...
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:30:05 PM

Go figure.

The fundamentals look awful ATM so I'm not looking for a sustainable upswing any time soon. IMHO we're headed below $200 BTC/USD. Hope I'm wrong.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
jacobshm

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:31:53 PM

read this in the darth vader theme song tune  Cry

down down down down down down down
down down down down down
BorisWCR

Activity: 554

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:05:00 PM

No worries.

Just wait and be patiënt !

And remember this: What's going down has to go up .... Wink

The whole market cap is going down so it is not strange UTC is among them also.... again be patient and wait !

@ jacobshm

In stead of listening to the Darth Vader theme you can better listen to the Troller theme, because for a troller like you it is the best song ever....

Please sit down and enjoy  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkTb9GP9lVI

read this in the darth vader theme song tune  Cry
BorisWCR

Activity: 554

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:08:05 PM

Hello Ultracoin community members,

2014 has been a great year for Ultracoin, from our Humble inception in February, to our new Ultracoin team members, and our trip to Las Vegas, we have grown more as a project and as a community with every passing day. I believe that 2015 will be an even bigger year for all of us, including the project, the community, and the cryptocurency movement as a whole. I look forward to leading us into 2015 and I am deeply grateful for the community as well as Paul and Fabian for entrusting me with this opportunity and mission to take Ultracoin to the top. I am also thankful for our businesses that accept Ultracoin and our investors that allow us to make this project grow, without you, there would be no Ultracoin. I also want to thank Kracko, the newest member of our team, for the hard work he has poured into Ultracoin thus far in his short time with us, and commitment and dedication in making sure our project grows quickly. Lastly, I want to thank the cryptocurrency community as a whole, who have been warm and welcoming to cryptocurrencies like ours, and have had a level of synergy that I have seldom seen in movements. Cryptocurrencies are the future and we are all a part of it! 2015 will be the year that Ultracoin solidifies its place in that future.

We have some new developments planned for 2015, including:

* Android and iOS mobile wallets with enhanced GUI, a lite wallet mode with minimal blockchain download, one click mining and QR code support
* Exclusive payment gateway plugin for popular services like Shopify and Wordpress
* An Ultracoin marketplace for the trade of private goods and products akin to eBay
* NFC technology support for the iPhone and Android devices, and a custom NFC device to load and unload Ultracoin
* Bitcoin/Ultracoin ATM in a major city
* New Ultracoin.net website re-design
* New Ultracoinshop.com website for Ultracoin related products
* Expanding marketing venues and advertising opportunities

This list is sure to expand over the coming months in 2015, but we plan on working hard to reach our current goals and not break any promises. I also wanted to take this opportunity to call upon the community in 2015, the Ultracoin team will work over the next year, but it is YOU, the community members, who will ultimately help make Ultracoin a success! Strength comes in numbers, and as a community, we are much more powerful then we would be alone. That is why I will be encouraging the community to come together in projects to help Ultracoin grow, in collaboration with the team or on their own. We will be hiring more developers and marketers in 2015, and if you believe you have a skill or talent that could help Ultracoin and you would like to get involve, contact us at Steven@Ultracoin.net with an introduction about yourself and what you would like to bring to the table.

We are starting off 2015 with our attendance at the North American Bitcoin Conference, one of the largest gatherings of cryptocurrency enthusiasts in the world! If you would like to attend their are discounts available to Ultracoin community members with the discount code "happyholidays". We will see you in sunny Miami, and for those that cannot be there, follow us on social media during the conference!

Here's to 2015, and a whole year to succeed!

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net
Ultracoin Team

GREAT UPDATE STEVAN.
THANK'S.

CHEERS ON 2015 FOR UTC !!!

Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:53:27 PM

Beave162 is right.

You don't need your pc 24/7 online.
Start your PC when ever possible, enable stake minting, and after a short time or a view hours it will automatically start and you get your staked coins as an bonus.

Gday steve, happy new year Smiley

Just a question, with regard to staking? I have a substantial wallet, but due to being away for work for long periods at a time i cannot leave to pc on all the time, and as a result cannot stake utc effectively at all, I was wondering if it would be possible to make staking a little more user friendly, say like a lot of other pos coins that when the wallet is offline you gain stake weight so every time you open the wallet you dont have to start from scratch again, i run the wallet about 12 hours a day for a week then need to close it for a week, then repeat the same thing. and so far, i am yet to stake anything?
If i could stake UTC well, i would definitely be in the market to buy a lot more at this price. Regards Dan

I'm pretty certain UTC works like every other PoS coin. You don't need your computer on all the time to earn stake 'weight' whether your wallet is online or not. You just can't actually stake unless your wallet is online. For example, buy 1000 UTC, take wallet offline, wait 30 days, open wallet, you should be staking within a few days.
Kracko

Activity: 456

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:40:27 PM

Coin age is determined by the time of the input transaction (which is also called a coin group for staking purposes) to an address in your wallet.  You don't lose coin age by turning staking off, but it does benefit the network by leaving your wallet staking and it doesn't take very much in resources to do it.  You also maximize your chances of staking as early as possible by leaving your wallet staking 24/7.  For UTC, the minimum staking age is 7 days and the age/difficulty modifier keeps increasing until it caps out at 35 days.  Each coin group is evaluated every 30 seconds.    Once a stake difficulty is met with a newly minted block from your wallet and is accepted by the network your coin age for that coin group is reset to 0.

Code:
unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 7; // minimum age for coin age
unsigned int nStakeMaxAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 35; // stake age of full weight

Beave162 is right.

You don't need your pc 24/7 online.
Start your PC when ever possible, enable stake minting, and after a short time or a view hours it will automatically start and you get your staked coins as an bonus.

Gday steve, happy new year Smiley

Just a question, with regard to staking? I have a substantial wallet, but due to being away for work for long periods at a time i cannot leave to pc on all the time, and as a result cannot stake utc effectively at all, I was wondering if it would be possible to make staking a little more user friendly, say like a lot of other pos coins that when the wallet is offline you gain stake weight so every time you open the wallet you dont have to start from scratch again, i run the wallet about 12 hours a day for a week then need to close it for a week, then repeat the same thing. and so far, i am yet to stake anything?
If i could stake UTC well, i would definitely be in the market to buy a lot more at this price. Regards Dan

I'm pretty certain UTC works like every other PoS coin. You don't need your computer on all the time to earn stake 'weight' whether your wallet is online or not. You just can't actually stake unless your wallet is online. For example, buy 1000 UTC, take wallet offline, wait 30 days, open wallet, you should be staking within a few days.
tc61

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:09:36 PM

Whats with the hash rate today, is goes from 12k, to 23k, wild swings  and the diff is through the roof again wild swings.

Something is not right.
king_pin

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 05:25:12 PM

I acquired some GTX 750Ti 2GB but I can't seem to set them up properly.
The best I did was :
Code:
cudaminer.exe -a scrypt-jane:14 -o stratum+tcp -u user -p X -b 4096 -m 1 -i 0 -L 6 -l t96x1
Which gives me only around 2,5 kH/s they should be doing more than 3k at this freq.
GPU 1350MHz, MEM 1525MHz
I have 5 cards running on 4G of RAM

Does anyone have some other settings Smiley

some with this -l t60x2 -H 2 -m 1 -i 0 -L 4
and others -l t5x24 -H 2 -m 1 -i 0 -L 4

working better without -b

getting 3.4-3.6

happy mining
I get "Cuda error", than "Driver Error", with any value above -l t24x2 when using -L 4 on two of my rigs, but on a third one I have no problems running -l t60x2 -L 4

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
Valpe

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:12:02 PM

The best I did was :
Code:
cudaminer.exe -a scrypt-jane:14 -o stratum+tcp -u user -p X -b 4096 -m 1 -i 0 -L 6 -l t96x1
Which gives me only around 2,5 kH/s they should be doing more than 3k at this freq.
GPU 1350MHz, MEM 1525MHz

getting 3.4-3.6

happy mining
I get "Cuda error", than "Driver Error", with any value above -l t24x2 when using -L 4 on two of my rigs, but on a third one I have no problems running -l t60x2 -L 4
could you try autotune for each card and see what is the best for you. Try different -L values with autotune. All my 750ti is MSI brand and same model but still needs different settings.

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★           
Uggle

Activity: 228

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:17:27 PM

Well, price sucks right now but I must say we have been through way worse than this  Cheesy

To another thing, any news about dem ASICs that were on their way?  Lips sealed

UTC UTC UTC
Valpe

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:21:05 PM

Well, price sucks right now but I must say we have been through way worse than this  Cheesy

To another thing, any news about dem ASICs that were on their way?  Lips sealed

Its buy time  Cheesy

Asic: Zeus choose not to deliver.. lucky I got money back.

Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
Valpe

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:24:50 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 07:54:23 PM by Valpe

Whats with the hash rate today, is goes from 12k, to 23k, wild swings  and the diff is through the roof again wild swings.

Something is not right.

Do I remember right you announced that you will not mine UTC and you will leave?

You still hre?

king_pin

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 07:00:24 PM

The best I did was :
Code:
GPU 1350MHz, MEM 1525MHz

getting 3.4-3.6

happy mining
could you try autotune for each card and see what is the best for you. Try different -L values with autotune. All my 750ti is MSI brand and same model but still needs different settings.

Arghhh, I am getting so frustrated, I tried Autotune it crashes with it too...
A 750Ti works perfectly on my PC 3,5kH/s but not om my miner rigs.
It has to be something with driver version or software...  Angry Angry

I don't understand Cudaminer that well and I have some probs running 4x GTX 970 with:
Code:
cudaminer.exe -a scrypt-jane:14 -o stratum+tcp -u user -p X -L 4 -i 1 -l t64x4 -C 1
It crashes every few hours, but I made a .bat file that checks if cudaminer.exe is running and if not starts it again. Smiley

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
tc61

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:04:00 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 07:56:00 PM by mprep

Something is not right.

Do I remember right you announced that you will not mine UTC and you will live?

You still hre?

Still have lots of UTC...not mining, but staking and watching my investment slowly erode.

BTW thanks for the informative post , if you have nothing to contribute to the question best to keep your mouth shut.
Namsbreh

Activity: 318

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:54:05 PM

I'm afraid I sold 1000 UTC today and bought 1000 CXC with the proceeds.

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: