Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:57:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380958 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kracko

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 11:35:15 PM

One of the crons was not running.  It's catching up on the backlog now.

Haven't received a single payment from utc2.tumblingblock.com for more than 6 hours now. Normally the payments happen twice every hour. Kracko please check the issue. I have stopped all auto payments from my accounts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fabietech

Activity: 298

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:33:42 PM

+1
Wish you a great success

good luck, hope it all goes well  Grin

and thankyou for all the effort you put into UTC.

UTC4EVA  Cheesy

\
Thank you for the update .

Wish a lot of success for Ultracoin at the convention  !!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, sorry about the late reply. Tomorrow marks the beginning of the North American Bitcoin Conference, one of the largest and most esteemed cryptocurrency conventions in the world. Last year at Hashers United, there was an attendance of a number of high profile developers, entrepreneurs and key players in the cryptocurrency community and about 200 attendee's. This years conference is much larger, and blows with over 2,000 people set to attend, with heavy press from large press outlets such as Forbes, the Bitcoinist, amongst many others. We will be setting up a table this for the conference tomorrow and preaching the gospel of Ultracoin to all 2,000 attendee's present! We will also be using this opportunity for networking and reaching out to the many vendors for potential partnerships. Exposing Ultracoin at a premiere event like this will surely stir the pot, we are packing new marketing material, Ultracoin paper wallets and tons of t-shirts. We hope to see some of you out there if you are in the South Florida area or around the city!

Also, this is very cool, someone is making Ultracoin poker chips. I ordered a couple for myself, not bad!

Check out http://cryptochips.net/ for more information on how to order yours.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net
Ultracoin

Big fan of poker, im getting some of this chips Smiley! love the news from the conference Steven where looking forward to some good things

Kracko

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:33:19 AM

As you are probably aware NFactor 15 is coming soon.  It will happen at approximately Jan 22nd around 8:50am UTC

Keep an eye on the forums for recommended settings for your hardware at the new nFactor once it hits.  We'll all be adjusting.

For nVidia folk using cudaminer, I recommend autotuning using the algorithm of scrypt-jane:15 and -L 4 for a lookup gap of 4.  You may be able to get a better rate at higher lookup gaps, but it will take significantly longer to find the best settings for your card using autotune and the higher gaps tend to cost you more power as the GPU is worked harder to compensate for less memory.  Seems like the powers of 2 work the best for the lookup gap and 4 is about the same as 8 as far as cudaminer at NF14, it's just 8 takes more wattage.  The 970s+ with 4GB of graphics memory may fare better at lower lookup gaps.  Can't hurt to try gaps 2-8 in an autotune.

Yacminer folks may have to redo their settings if they will not work with the NF14 memory requirements.  Experienced ATI folk yacminers or otherwise, please keep an eye on the forum.  You could really help by sharing your expertise and your settings once you've mostly dialed it in after some experimenting.  Fortunately for us our Yacoin brothers have been through this already and it is relatively easy to dig up settings with some Googling.

And please don't get hung up on the lower hashrate; it's going to be lower for everyone else too.  Keep an eye on the your earning rate at the newer level.  The same amount of UTC/hr will be rewarded overall for proof of work, but those with the higher GPU memory sizes (4GB+) will benefit more at the higher nFactors than those with (<=2GB).  And again, higher lookup gaps will add more benefit as the memory requirements go up.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:26:38 PM

Like i told before ultracoin is dead ...nothing more nothing less
Can't you go and be a dick somewhere else? You aren't wanted here..  Undecided
Official Ultracoin Team (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Welcome to the future !

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 02:52:59 PM

Hello Ultracoin Community Members,

I just wanted to give you all a recap of the North American Bitcoin Conference and lay down some of my predictions for the future moving forward. The North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami, FL this past weekend was an excellent opportunity to network with those on the cutting edge of the cryptocurrency industry. I had the pleasure to speak with many in the industries most elite, including the folks from Bitpay, Shapeshift, Storjo.io, Airbitz, Final Hash, Casheer as well as others. I also had the opportunity to reach out to many miners, gave away t-shirts and marketing material, and spoke about the coin.

I believe our largest areas of opportunity as of now are with Final Hash, Casheer and Shapeshift. Shapeshift.io is a revolutionary new cryptocurrency website that charges 0% fee's and operates on completely anonymous transactions. Speaking with a few members of their team about Ultracoin acceptance seemed promising. They told me that as long as their is demand (between 10-15BTC per day trade volume) they would highly consider putting Ultracoin on their exchange. Shapeshift is BIG, and it would put Ultracoin back on the map. The only issue is getting our volume back up to those levels we've enjoyed previously.

The Casheer app would also be a huge plus for Ultracoin, as it is a mobile payments application similar to coinpayments.net but on the go. They are a Miami based company and are thus close to my general area, I spoke with their CEO and we are looking to get together sometime soon to speak about Ultracoin integration. I believe that this may be good opportunity for gaining adoption, especially in the Miami area, which I will be able to easily represent us in. The Casheer app launched this week.

We have an existing relationship with the folks over at Final Hash, they are the team who setup and invited us to Las Vegas for Hasher's United back in October. Back in Las Vegas, I had the opportunity to check out their NFC technology for Bitcoin. The coins they produce are slim metal coins with the Bitcoin logo stamped on to one side, and a sticker of the logo on the NFC side along with custom wording along the ridge. These physical coins are to be used as cold storage for Bitcoin and compatible with smart phones to be used with a proprietary Bitcoin wallet that allows the transfer of Bitcoin into the cold storage. These same coins can be used for Ultracoin as a white labeled product. We are also speaking with Final Hash to aid us in mass adoption.

Speaking of cold storage, I will be working on creating custom wallets for Ultracoin that fit on PVC plastic, just like your ID or credit card. I will be launching prototypes soon.

Lastly, I have two potential candidates setup for the development team that me and Kracko will be interviewing them this weekend. I believe these candidates have a lot of great potential as well as the experience and passion for cryptocurrency that is necessary to take us where we need to go. We plan on expanding our team further in the future.

P.S. I plan on having a community meeting this upcoming Sunday, January 25th, at 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time (Convert to your local timezone here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html). The meeting will be held on http://webchat.freenode.net/, sign into the room Ultracoin.

Let's continue to work hard and make 2015 the year for Ultracoin,

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net
Ultracoin

Welcome to the future of Ultracoin - now upgrading to Ultracoin 3.0
jacobshm

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:43:22 PM

according to coinmarketcap, we have 2btc daily volume across all exchanges. anybody have ideas how we can increase that 5X-7X short of manipulation? Not really sure what another exchange will give us, we are already on some good ones...

The Cahseer app sounds promising though, also new devs

good luck
Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:46:29 PM

Haha dickhead ultrader is speaking again!
Did you bastard noticed everything is down?
The golden BTC, the silver LTC and most of the altcoins .... do you think they are also dead Huh

I have believe that all will go up including UTC.
So I have faith, patience and time !

Like i told before ultracoin is dead ...nothing more nothing less
Can't you go and be a dick somewhere else? You aren't wanted here..  Undecided
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:49:29 PM

We have an existing relationship with the folks over at Final Hash, they are the team who setup and invited us to Las Vegas for Hasher's United back in October. Back in Las Vegas, I had the opportunity to check out their NFC technology for Bitcoin. The coins they produce are slim metal coins with the Bitcoin logo stamped on to one side, and a sticker of the logo on the NFC side along with custom wording along the ridge. These physical coins are to be used as cold storage for Bitcoin and compatible with smart phones to be used with a proprietary Bitcoin wallet that allows the transfer of Bitcoin into the cold storage. These same coins can be used for Ultracoin as a white labeled product. We are also speaking with Final Hash to aid us in mass adoption.

What does this mean? Final Hash just bought a bunch of coins from http://www.graywaterops.com/. It is simply an NFC chip imbedded in a coin. I can order whatever I want and put whatever design I want on it. All you do is use it to store the public and/or private key on it, ie a string of characters.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:43:56 AM

@Kracko

Is this what happened to the hashrate? NF15 effect?

http://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/ultracoin-network-hashrate-chart

As you are probably aware NFactor 15 is coming soon.  It will happen at approximately Jan 22nd around 8:50am UTC

Keep an eye on the forums for recommended settings for your hardware at the new nFactor once it hits.  We'll all be adjusting.

For nVidia folk using cudaminer, I recommend autotuning using the algorithm of scrypt-jane:15 and -L 4 for a lookup gap of 4.  You may be able to get a better rate at higher lookup gaps, but it will take significantly longer to find the best settings for your card using autotune and the higher gaps tend to cost you more power as the GPU is worked harder to compensate for less memory.  Seems like the powers of 2 work the best for the lookup gap and 4 is about the same as 8 as far as cudaminer at NF14, it's just 8 takes more wattage.  The 970s+ with 4GB of graphics memory may fare better at lower lookup gaps.  Can't hurt to try gaps 2-8 in an autotune.

Yacminer folks may have to redo their settings if they will not work with the NF14 memory requirements.  Experienced ATI folk yacminers or otherwise, please keep an eye on the forum.  You could really help by sharing your expertise and your settings once you've mostly dialed it in after some experimenting.  Fortunately for us our Yacoin brothers have been through this already and it is relatively easy to dig up settings with some Googling.

And please don't get hung up on the lower hashrate; it's going to be lower for everyone else too.  Keep an eye on the your earning rate at the newer level.  The same amount of UTC/hr will be rewarded overall for proof of work, but those with the higher GPU memory sizes (4GB+) will benefit more at the higher nFactors than those with (<=2GB).  And again, higher lookup gaps will add more benefit as the memory requirements go up.

--

--
jacobshm

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 01:12:25 PM

It probably happened when nobody could connect to bitcointalk to ask what happened to their miners, did everybody know about nf15? I know kracko posted it a few days ago..

@Kracko

http://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/ultracoin-network-hashrate-chart

As you are probably aware NFactor 15 is coming soon.  It will happen at approximately Jan 22nd around 8:50am UTC

Keep an eye on the forums for recommended settings for your hardware at the new nFactor once it hits.  We'll all be adjusting.

For nVidia folk using cudaminer, I recommend autotuning using the algorithm of scrypt-jane:15 and -L 4 for a lookup gap of 4.  You may be able to get a better rate at higher lookup gaps, but it will take significantly longer to find the best settings for your card using autotune and the higher gaps tend to cost you more power as the GPU is worked harder to compensate for less memory.  Seems like the powers of 2 work the best for the lookup gap and 4 is about the same as 8 as far as cudaminer at NF14, it's just 8 takes more wattage.  The 970s+ with 4GB of graphics memory may fare better at lower lookup gaps.  Can't hurt to try gaps 2-8 in an autotune.

Yacminer folks may have to redo their settings if they will not work with the NF14 memory requirements.  Experienced ATI folk yacminers or otherwise, please keep an eye on the forum.  You could really help by sharing your expertise and your settings once you've mostly dialed it in after some experimenting.  Fortunately for us our Yacoin brothers have been through this already and it is relatively easy to dig up settings with some Googling.

And please don't get hung up on the lower hashrate; it's going to be lower for everyone else too.  Keep an eye on the your earning rate at the newer level.  The same amount of UTC/hr will be rewarded overall for proof of work, but those with the higher GPU memory sizes (4GB+) will benefit more at the higher nFactors than those with (<=2GB).  And again, higher lookup gaps will add more benefit as the memory requirements go up.
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 02:51:57 PM

@Kracko

NF15 is going to lower the net hashrate, so it is only relative to the amount of miners on the network as before. However, we did lose some miners since Bitcointalk wen't down, it was bad timing. We should start to recover now that we are back online. Remember to update your miners for the switch to NF15, please visit cfg.ultracoin.net or the help section of any of the official pools to find the configuration generator for your equipment that is compatible with NF15. If you have any questions, please e-mail Steven@Ultracoin.net or post here on the forum or Ultracointalk.

Regards,

Steven "Rapture"

Kracko

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:49:13 PM

Bitcointalk picked the perfect time to go down, right?

Indeed it is the NF15 affecting the hashrate.  I am currently getting just over a 1/3 of the hashrate that I was before with my 750ti rig.  After about an hour of fiddling with settings I'm at 1.1-1.25 khash/sec per 750ti, still using a lookup gap of 4.  I didn't seem to gain anything when I tried an autotune with a lookup gap of 8.  I still recommend trying autotune with nvidia.

Code:
cudaminer -a scrypt-jane:15 -l auto -L 4 -D -o stratum+tcp://pool.address.com -O user:pass

Here is an example setting that I am currently using with my 6x 750ti rig:

Code:
cudaminer --algo=scrypt-jane:15 -L 4 -D -l t19x5,t75x1,t76x1,t38x2,t5x16,t40x2 -b 1024 -o stratum+tcp://utc2.tumblingblock.com:5555 -O user:pass

Setting the algorithm to scrypt-jane:UTC will not work with autotune does not appear to use the modifier in autotune, use scrypt-jane:15 instead.  As long as you have enough power going to your cards and haven't overclocked them to where stability is an issue, it should be able to run through completion.

ATI folks, check out http://cfg.ultracoin.net to get a baseline setting for your hardware to work off of.

Try not to get discouraged that your hardware seems less efficient than it was before.  Everyone else is going through the same thing and the blocks will continue to be minted at the same rate and those mining will generally get the same share of the total as before.   Those with graphics cards that have more memory will experience slightly more of an edge.

@Kracko

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:51:59 PM

according to coinmarketcap, we have 2btc daily volume across all exchanges. anybody have ideas how we can increase that 5X-7X short of manipulation? Not really sure what another exchange will give us, we are already on some good ones...

The Cahseer app sounds promising though, also new devs

good luck

Yes we have 2btc daily volume and it will be more soon.
barbados-fs

Activity: 837
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:01:59 PM

Hello everyone. What should be the result at  R9 280x and R9 270x?

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:02:04 PM

NF15 is going to lower the net hashrate, so it is only relative to the amount of miners on the network as before.

This... This is a concept a lot of people are simply unable to grasp. They look at their hashrate drop by over half, and just assume that they are making less than half in UTC as they were making before. Why do people not understand that hashrate is relative? I do not know. It will have to be reiterated I'm sure.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
barbados-fs

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:41:40 PM

R9 280x  - 1.17kH/s  Okay?

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
king_pin

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 06:41:57 PM

I see that ATI cards get around 4 times less than on NF14, but NVIDIA cards go down only 3 times in hashrate, damn wish I had more Nvidias Sad
280X - 1,2 kH/s is OK
290 - 1,4 kH/s is OK

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
barbados-fs

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:48:27 PM

280X - 1,2 kH/s is OK

What settings?

SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 07:21:35 PM

Hello Ultracoin Community Members,

I just wanted to give you all a recap of the North American Bitcoin Conference and lay down some of my predictions for the future moving forward. The North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami, FL this past weekend was an excellent opportunity to network with those on the cutting edge of the cryptocurrency industry. I had the pleasure to speak with many in the industries most elite, including the folks from Bitpay, Shapeshift, Storjo.io, Airbitz, Final Hash, Casheer as well as others. I also had the opportunity to reach out to many miners, gave away t-shirts and marketing material, and spoke about the coin.

I believe our largest areas of opportunity as of now are with Final Hash, Casheer and Shapeshift. Shapeshift.io is a revolutionary new cryptocurrency website that charges 0% fee's and operates on completely anonymous transactions. Speaking with a few members of their team about Ultracoin acceptance seemed promising. They told me that as long as their is demand (between 10-15BTC per day trade volume) they would highly consider putting Ultracoin on their exchange. Shapeshift is BIG, and it would put Ultracoin back on the map. The only issue is getting our volume back up to those levels we've enjoyed previously.

The Casheer app would also be a huge plus for Ultracoin, as it is a mobile payments application similar to coinpayments.net but on the go. They are a Miami based company and are thus close to my general area, I spoke with their CEO and we are looking to get together sometime soon to speak about Ultracoin integration. I believe that this may be good opportunity for gaining adoption, especially in the Miami area, which I will be able to easily represent us in. The Casheer app launched this week.

Speaking of cold storage, I will be working on creating custom wallets for Ultracoin that fit on PVC plastic, just like your ID or credit card. I will be launching prototypes soon.

Lastly, I have two potential candidates setup for the development team that me and Kracko will be interviewing them this weekend. I believe these candidates have a lot of great potential as well as the experience and passion for cryptocurrency that is necessary to take us where we need to go. We plan on expanding our team further in the future.

P.S. I plan on having a community meeting this upcoming Sunday, January 25th, at 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time (Convert to your local timezone here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html). The meeting will be held on http://webchat.freenode.net/, sign into the room Ultracoin.

Let's continue to work hard and make 2015 the year for Ultracoin,

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net
Ultracoin

Cool long term coin, lost my coins on mintpal unfortunately though. I just have 1 concern, why do you call yourself Steven "Rapture"?
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 08:29:23 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 11:36:27 PM by usukan

Thanks Kracko and Steven for your answers on NF15 changes.

Just an additional question

can you mine UTC with 2 x GTX 980 in SLI bridge - or are the cards better used without bridge for mining UTC?

Thanks

Bitcointalk picked the perfect time to go down, right?

Indeed it is the NF15 affecting the hashrate.  I am currently getting just over a 1/3 of the hashrate that I was before with my 750ti rig.  After about an hour of fiddling with settings I'm at 1.1-1.25 khash/sec per 750ti, still using a lookup gap of 4.  I didn't seem to gain anything when I tried an autotune with a lookup gap of 8.  I still recommend trying autotune with nvidia.

Code:
cudaminer -a scrypt-jane:15 -l auto -L 4 -D -o stratum+tcp://pool.address.com -O user:pass

Here is an example setting that I am currently using with my 6x 750ti rig:

Code:
cudaminer --algo=scrypt-jane:15 -L 4 -D -l t19x5,t75x1,t76x1,t38x2,t5x16,t40x2 -b 1024 -o stratum+tcp://utc2.tumblingblock.com:5555 -O user:pass

Setting the algorithm to scrypt-jane:UTC will not work with autotune does not appear to use the modifier in autotune, use scrypt-jane:15 instead.  As long as you have enough power going to your cards and haven't overclocked them to where stability is an issue, it should be able to run through completion.

ATI folks, check out http://cfg.ultracoin.net to get a baseline setting for your hardware to work off of.

Try not to get discouraged that your hardware seems less efficient than it was before.  Everyone else is going through the same thing and the blocks will continue to be minted at the same rate and those mining will generally get the same share of the total as before.   Those with graphics cards that have more memory will experience slightly more of an edge.

@Kracko

--

--
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: