Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:22:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380970 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kracko

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:53:11 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 11:04:04 PM by Kracko

Excellent work kracko, we really appreciate it.

Can you give us a status on the the fork/blockchain/mining situation in regards to what happened and what has been resolved so far? Is everything back up and running 100% ? Is there another fork in the future that will resolve any lingering issues?

I just doubled down again, hoping it goes back to 12 again soon

Things are different than they were before.  There is fluctuation on the difficulty, the block compression is a little more than I'd like on the low end of difficulty swing, but the block spacing is workable, which is one of the biggest goals.   For the most part is has been averaging ~47 seconds a block over the last 20,000 blocks, with Proof of Stake blocks added in, with some gaps longer than 2 minutes.  But as far as the targeting goes, we're fine.  We're in good shape to carry out transactions in a reasonable amount of time.  And we won't be getting stuck on a block as we did with the original targeting algorithm.  If anything the current target favors miners even more because of the faster difficulty adjustment downward.  

At some point I would like to smooth out the block spacing even more by mixing the PoW and PoS difficulties, so that the PoS blocks complement the PoW blocks, and also lengthen the averaging span.  As several have pointed out, the current target is suited for high loading and unloading- it could use some tweaking for our situation.  The ultimate goal would be to able to evenly space the blocks so that they have a better chance to serve the network by containing transactions.   So a hard fork at some point in the future is not out of the question, but it's not even close to urgent enough to put us through through another few weeks of Cryptsy outages.  If and when it comes, it's going to be after a much longer round of testing.  In short, not anytime really soon.

And as for lingering issues, they appear to be mostly in king_pin's mind and rantings.  Disregard them- I do.  Changes will be coming soon, but they are not going to be in the form of hard forks.  It's going to be minor updates, fixes and changes that will be compatible with the current targeting.  Things like adding light mode and a bootstrap option to the Android wallet.  If anything, I only see upside from here.

BorisWCR

Activity: 554
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:14:01 PM

Finally even I can confirm that Cryptsy is back online
I received all my deposits, old and new. Smiley Cheesy

Now all that is lef to do is FORK the fu**en wallet again!!!  Angry

@Kracko, you have not fixed shit regarding difficulty retarget. Difficulty is stil jumping up and down.
Please don't give me your Mysterious miners coming and going excuse again! There are only a few solo miners, most 90% of the blocks come from the pool, and I see no miners coming and going, so please I beg you stop with the funny excuses, and find a way to fix things!

@king_pin Perhaps you should take up developing.   I'm sure it'll come easy as you seem to know everything.

@KRACKO ;  I am behind you and paul

...you know... some time I can get sick and tired of negative people and baseless trollers.... (like King_Pin)

Some times I think;  "are they with us or are they against us....."
Some times I think;  "please get a life and go some where else..."

But it is okay, we have to live with "them" and we have to bear "them" and it is better to ignore.

jacobshm

Activity: 91

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:20:56 PM

Can you give us a status on the the fork/blockchain/mining situation in regards to what happened and what has been resolved so far? Is everything back up and running 100% ? Is there another fork in the future that will resolve any lingering issues?

Things are different than they were before.  There is fluctuation on the difficulty, the block compression is a little more than I'd like on the low end of difficulty swing, but the block spacing is workable, which is one of the biggest goals.   For the most part is has been averaging ~47 seconds a block over the last 20,000 blocks, with Proof of Stake blocks added in, with some gaps longer than 2 minutes.  But as far as the targeting goes, we're fine.  We're in good shape to carry out transactions in a reasonable amount of time.  And we won't be getting stuck on a block as we did with the original targeting algorithm.  If anything the current target favors miners even more because of the faster difficulty adjustment downward.  

At some point I would like to smooth out the block spacing even more by mixing the PoW and PoS difficulties, so that the PoS blocks complement the PoW blocks, and also lengthen the averaging span.  As several have pointed out, the current target is suited for high loading and unloading- it could use some tweaking for our situation.  The ultimate goal would be to able to evenly space the blocks so that they have a better chance to serve the network by containing transactions.   So a hard fork at some point in the future is not out of the question, but it's not even close to urgent enough to put us through through another few weeks of Cryptsy outages.  If and when it comes, it's going to be after a much longer round of testing.  In short, not anytime really soon.

And as for lingering issues, they appear to be mostly in king_pin's mind and rantings.  Disregard them- I do.  Changes will be coming soon, but they are not going to be in the form of hard forks.  It's going to be minor updates, fixes and changes that will be compatible with the current targeting.  Things like adding light mode and a bootstrap option to the Android wallet.  If anything, I only see upside from here.

Thank you for the update, much appreciated
Kracko

Activity: 456

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:22:02 PM

@drbobbo I sent you a PM asking for some logs and some information.

If any of you experience a crash with the wallet, take a screenshot of any crash window with the View Details pane showing, and if you can zip up your debug.log, screenie, and a brief description of what you were doing at the time of the crash and post it somewhere and PM me the link, that would be helpful as well.  The more information you give me, the easier it will be for me to identify and fix any issues.

Hi,

My UTC wallet crashed on my main workstation about a weak ago when staking and refused to work after that, so I wiped the blockchain downloaded latest wallet (v0.7.3.3-g15-g0bcf258-beta) and had it sync, worked fine until it got stuck on block 795290. Wiped bc again, same happened.

So I downloaded the UTC wallet to a machine (win7, 64 bit) that never had UTC on it, same happened again, stuck on 795290 for six hours (100mbit connection), still 50+ peers connected.

Can I download the blockchain from somewhere to get around this or does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

/
jacobshm

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:22:27 PM

12? where aiming at 30 in a short time Smiley!

If it goes back to 100 i can break even lol, i bought 2btc on freshmarket, remember them?
Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:41:21 PM

Ignoring is the best thing to do.

Krako is doing a super job for utc, utc did not had before such good "computer nerd" in the dev team as krako  Tongue Grin

I love you Krako  Kiss

Finally even I can confirm that Cryptsy is back online
I received all my deposits, old and new. Smiley Cheesy

Now all that is lef to do is FORK the fu**en wallet again!!!  Angry

@Kracko, you have not fixed shit regarding difficulty retarget. Difficulty is stil jumping up and down.
Please don't give me your Mysterious miners coming and going excuse again! There are only a few solo miners, most 90% of the blocks come from the pool, and I see no miners coming and going, so please I beg you stop with the funny excuses, and find a way to fix things!

@king_pin Perhaps you should take up developing.   I'm sure it'll come easy as you seem to know everything.

@KRACKO ;  I am behind you and paul

...you know... some time I can get sick and tired of negative people and baseless trollers.... (like King_Pin)

Some times I think;  "are they with us or are they against us....."
Some times I think;  "please get a life and go some where else..."

But it is okay, we have to live with "them" and we have to bear "them" and it is better to ignore.

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 12:45:45 AM

Not been here for a while and wondered what's in development. Basically as an investor I'd like to know why should I keep my ultracoins? Seems this coin is dying. Also wasn't we promised UTC would be on a Chinese exchange. That didn't happen.

Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:20:53 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 01:44:50 AM by Marnie1976

@pugman     (I explain something with respect towards you ok, it is not an cyber attack);

The Coin it self, the Dev team, the Community and the Investors make together a coin a success or not.

.... if you would be an REAL investor and not a WANT TO BE investor then you followed utc closely during the last weeks/months... a lot was happening !

There was a lot of possibility's to make profit.
If you really missed that as investor then you just are a want to be investor.
Please then shut up.

Maybe you come back here more often at this forum or maybe you read back more pages at this forum because you can not come back once in a few weeks/months and then start complaining Undecided
That's way much to easy dude !

And if you say utc is dying, then you really missed the boat. Really you missed it.
Maybe don't smoke so much marihuana  Grin

About promises Huh
The management team never gave us promises dude.  
Please wake up because in crypto world there are never ever promises to give or to get.

Remember what Steven always said : It is a Wild West World.

And last but not least : What still did dent happen yet, can easily happen tomorrow !!!!

Not been here for a while and wondered what's in development. Basically as an investor I'd like to know why should I keep my ultracoins? Seems this coin is dying. Also wasn't we promised UTC would be on a Chinese exchange. That didn't happen.
jacobshm

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:01:17 AM

Hi Pugman

Utc has been and will be featured at several tradeshows

New wallet

New more sustainable block times

New android wallet

This is in the last two weeks. Did i miss anything?
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 02:29:00 AM

@pugman     (I explain something with respect towards you ok, it is not an cyber attack);

The Coin it self, the Dev team, the Community and the Investors make together a coin a success or not.

.... if you would be an REAL investor and not a WANT TO BE investor then you followed utc closely during the last weeks/months... a lot was happening !

Please then shut up.

Maybe you come back here more often at this forum or maybe you read back more pages at this forum because you can not come back once in a few weeks/months and then start complaining Undecided

And if you say utc is dying, then you really missed the boat. Really you missed it.

About promises Huh
Please wake up because in crypto world there are never ever promises to give or to get.

And last but not least : What still did dent happen yet, can easily happen tomorrow !!!!

It's comments like this which really make me not want to dump my 300k coins. I get attacked for asking reasonable questions and accused of smoking marihuana. I promised at the very start I would hold my coins for a year then re-evaluate my position. I say it looks like it's dying as the value hasn't really recovered and it only has $1000/$2000 daily volume (compared to a top 10 coin which gets $50000-700000 daily volume) you can see my concerns. My initial $15k is not even $5 now if I work it out correctly although I maybe wrong. I'm using my iPhone and it's late.  So again I polity ask what is ahead and planned for the future and a few wallet upgrades isn't gona cut it I'm afraid.

Valpe

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:29:20 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 06:05:43 AM by Valpe

Pugman dump dump... I will buy. Investor...not.  Grin

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★           
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:46:31 PM

Please then shut up.

About promises Huh

It's comments like this which really make me not want to dump my 300k coins. I get attacked for asking reasonable questions and accused of smoking marihuana. I promised at the very start I would hold my coins for a year then re-evaluate my position. I say it looks like it's dying as the value hasn't really recovered and it only has $1000/$2000 daily volume (compared to a top 10 coin which gets $50000-700000 daily volume) you can see my concerns. My initial $15k is not even $5 now if I work it out correctly although I maybe wrong. I'm using my iPhone and it's late.  So again I polity ask what is ahead and planned for the future and a few wallet upgrades isn't gona cut it I'm afraid.
I must inform you, that if you sell at a loss, you will lose money.  Grin Grin
Valpe

Activity: 307

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:13:33 AM

Please then shut up.

About promises Huh

I must inform you, that if you sell at a loss, you will lose money.  Grin Grin

Never is right time to sell... all depends how long you can wait  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Roll Eyes

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★           
Thiago1

Activity: 138

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:06:32 AM

http://ultracoins.info is open if anyone would like to have other choice

BorisWCR

Activity: 554

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:12:46 AM

In my simple opinion its like this and so I agree 100% :

Never is right time to sell... all depends how long you can wait  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Roll Eyes

And please let me quote this last one extra because I love this one :  "what still did dent happen yet can easily happen tomorrow"

usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:41:17 AM

and of course if you sell - this one applies

THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE................

In my simple opinion its like this and so I agree 100% :

Never is right time to sell... all depends how long you can wait  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Roll Eyes

And please let me quote this last one extra because I love this one :  "what still did dent happen yet can easily happen tomorrow"

--

--
Qxw

Activity: 203

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:55:07 PM

http://ultracoins.info is open if anyone would like to have other choice

Why this disinformation?

Ultracoin is ultrafast with an transaction speed of 6 seconds and it needs only 30-40 seconds for confirmation !

Ultracoin is a hybrid proof-of-work / proof-of-stake coin, whereby active nodes are involved in the mining of blocks if they hold Ultracoin.
With Ultracoin you can send and receive currency worldwide to friends, family or business partners.
You may even exchange it for other currencies or simply use it to buy goods.
Miners are currently awarded with 15 new Ultracoins per block, an amount which gets halved roughly every 990.000 blocks.
The Ultracoin network is therefore scheduled to produce 100 million Ultracoins, which is almost 4.5 times as many currency units as Bitcoin.

Ultracoin can be mined with both CPU's and GPU's.
Furthermore, with an ASIC resistant Scrypt ChaCha base, you can feel at ease.
This will ensure that you won't be surprised by new hardware technologies.
UTC is a hybrid proof-of-work/proof-of-stake coin, whereby active nodes are involved in the mining of blocks if they hold UTC.

•Total coins: 100,000,000
•Premine: 2% (1.6% IPO / 0.3% DEV / 0.1% REWARDS)
Block time target: 30 seconds
Block reward: 15, halving every 990,000 blocks
•Difficulty retarget:max 200% per 30mins
•Mined block confirmation: 50
•Transaction confirmation: 5
•NFactor Integration
•Port: 44100
•Rpc port: 44101

Here in the 1. message (this is official information)

•Total coins: 100,000,000
•Premine: 2% (1.6% IPO / 0.3% DEV / 0.1% REWARDS)
•Block time target: 60 seconds
•Block reward: 30, halving at 4,000,000 blocks
•Difficulty retarget over 10 blocks (Max 8% Up, 16% Down)
•Mined block confirmation: 50
•Transaction confirmation: 5
•NFactor Integration
•Port: 44100
•Rpc port: 44101

BTC, BCH, BTG, UTC
Bitarama

Activity: 175

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 09:23:55 PM

Dev, Is the source code up to date on git ?
It seems its stuck on block 892183

rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 10:21:50 PM

Hello Bitarama, have you tried downloading the latest version of the wallet? Try installing the latest version and let me know if you have any further problems.

Bitarama

Activity: 175

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 10:34:25 PM

Hello Bitarama, have you tried downloading the latest version of the wallet? Try installing the latest version and let me know if you have any further problems.

I am compiling from the source code on git.
https://github.com/dx11/ultracoin-2
and i tried
https://github.com/dx11/ultracoin-2/tree/dev

both are stuck at block 892183

getinfo shows

{
    "version" : "v1.0.4.1-g32a928e-beta",
    "protocolversion" : 70054,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 855838,
    "moneysupply" : 23027050.66449800,
    "connections" : 5,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx",
    "difficulty" : 0.01261682,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1419228170,
    "keypoolsize" : 102,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""
}

seems to be the wrong version.... please update git

Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: