Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:23:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 06:19:27 AM

Haven't been posting here for a while now, but I've been mining and trading BURST.

What I want to say is: LET'S PUMP!

For the last month I kept selling at top buy, then buying like 10-20% below, and I turned 1 BTC into 1.5 BTC. I still have 1 BTC the buy book @120. And selling 500k more, and will make another buy order with the BTC
If everybody did that, the price would be rising.

Just holding the coin and waiting for the price to go up does not work, or at least doesn't have to do anything with you holding the coin.

Everybody should sell like 10% of their coins at top sell, like say 133 at the moment, and then don't withdraw the btc but make a buy order 10% below the price you sold, which would be at the moment 120
If everybody did that, the price has to rise, because of the buy orders.

I know some people advocate investing in PR, but that's no longer necessary, nor will it do the trick. The coin is already on Poloniex and Bittrex, so the PR did their job a long time ago.
Now it's our job to pump it. Everybody, just sell a few of your coins and put the BTC on the buy book, and then the price will increase. That's how it works.  I see there was a buy up to 134 today, so somebody is buying, now it's a good time.

And what's up with burstbank? dead?  Tongue

In my opinion.. short term, low prices are good, we need to attract more developers and entrepreneur types and let miners who are mining for short term profit go ahead and dump.. the more business and development minded people we get on board at these prices, the better long term.

Agree, but I'm lazy: When will a block pays like 3-4K?

muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:50:52 AM

well i have hte HDD i have the blago I have the pool and i mined for the past 6 months but now i need no lag on my computer soo its just no mining till day 5 may or soo but i will be aware of more inspections on the burst coin and wallet version and besides that the best pool to mine and the price on dollars per 1K my usuall a day.

m3ta

Activity: 435

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 11:15:58 AM

well i have hte HDD i have the blago I have the pool and i mined for the past 6 months but now i need no lag on my computer soo its just no mining till day 5 may or soo but i will be aware of more inspections on the burst coin and wallet version and besides that the best pool to mine and the price on dollars per 1K my usuall a day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
FakeAccount

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

I'm not real

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:16:09 PM

Haven't been posting here for a while now, but I've been mining and trading BURST.

What I want to say is: LET'S PUMP!

For the last month I kept selling at top buy, then buying like 10-20% below, and I turned 1 BTC into 1.5 BTC. I still have 1 BTC the buy book @120. And selling 500k more, and will make another buy order with the BTC
If everybody did that, the price would be rising.

Just holding the coin and waiting for the price to go up does not work, or at least doesn't have to do anything with you holding the coin.

Everybody should sell like 10% of their coins at top sell, like say 133 at the moment, and then don't withdraw the btc but make a buy order 10% below the price you sold, which would be at the moment 120
If everybody did that, the price has to rise, because of the buy orders.

I know some people advocate investing in PR, but that's no longer necessary, nor will it do the trick. The coin is already on Poloniex and Bittrex, so the PR did their job a long time ago.
Now it's our job to pump it. Everybody, just sell a few of your coins and put the BTC on the buy book, and then the price will increase. That's how it works.  I see there was a buy up to 134 today, so somebody is buying, now it's a good time.

And what's up with burstbank? dead?  Tongue

In my opinion.. short term, low prices are good, we need to attract more developers and entrepreneur types and let miners who are mining for short term profit go ahead and dump.. the more business and development minded people we get on board at these prices, the better long term.

Agree, but I'm lazy: When will a block pays like 3-4K?
here's the block reward chart: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg10407591#msg10407591
LuisPT

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:18:24 PM

I am using Blago's miner and just hopped over to burst.ninja to try after being on the V2 pool for months.  I have been noticing some of my "sent DL's" are not coming back as "confirmed DL's" .  And they are usually the best deadlines that are not coming back confirmed.  Randomly every few blocks this is happening and its not because of a quick block change as there is a fair amount of time after the last sent (minutes sometimes) before the next block begins.

Any thoughts?

I also use Blago in V2, I tried burst.ninja few times, I also had this problem.
V2 continues for now still be more profitable than burst.ninja at least for large miners
smaxer

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:25:03 PM

I partially agree. Short term low prices are good, but as long as there is volume.  Haven't had any decent volume in ages. If people sell, but not make buy orders, it's not gonna happen. But I see the order book has increased slightly during this week

Please let the price fall down to 100 satoshi. At 100 satoshi i will place a 10 BTC buywall (and more BTC incoming if necessary).
lonelybitcoin

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:36:30 PM

The whole blockchain takes ages to download and takes up a lot of space. Is there any way to skip it? I want to start mining, is it possible somehow?
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:07:55 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 09:45:44 PM by mczarnek

The whole blockchain takes ages to download and takes up a lot of space. Is there any way to skip it? I want to start mining, is it possible somehow?

Blockchain can be downloaded here: http://burstcoin.info/download/

Or here if you want to be decentralized about it, download it via bittorrent:
https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/block-chain-torrent-download.568/

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
jamoes

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:01:45 PM

butstcoin, I mine solo, and today I faced an unpleasant thing in BURST wallet. After I had mined more than 100 blocks, there was “100+” instead of the exact amount of blocks in the wallet. It is very inconvenient for monitoring the statistics. Is it possible to fix it someways?

It looks like it's a pretty simple UI change to fix this issue. I created a pull request which makes this change: https://github.com/BurstProject/burstcoin/pull/16

In the meantime, you can just change "100" to "500" on line 244 and 353 of nrs.blocks.js, and reload the wallet.
Thank you!
But this fix does not work for me.
Maybe need to correct other lines in nrs.blocks.js file?

Strange... the fix I posted does seem to be working for me, with only those 2 lines of code changed. Maybe try clearing the cache on your browser after you've edited the code?
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:51:13 PM

Lovely bitchfest in here as per usual. Keep up the drama guys... That aside

Why does it always seem like when a new wallet version comes out, the block finding on the network always seems to get really wonky until everyone is on the same version. Since 1.2.3 it seems like my profits have went down significantly, the number of blocks I've found has also went down significantly (like 1/4 of what it was). It happened with the upgrade to 1.2.2 as well.

It seems to favor the older wallet as well.
yep. I've experienced same thing several times already.

After the 92000 fork I mined a fuck ton of blocks (still am) I'm guessing while everyone else is updating their wallet that hasn't.

There DEFINITELY is a correlation between wallet version and luck at finding blocks. It seems to favor older wallets. This week was a perfect example of that. Since the release of 1.2.3 I've been mining on a newer wallet, block find drops to nothing (about 25%), new wallet is enforced, everything is back to normal. I'm not sure what's causing this, but it's there and I'm sure other big miners can chime in on this (or keep exploiting it every time wallets update).

I am using Blago's miner and just hopped over to burst.ninja to try after being on the V2 pool for months.  I have been noticing some of my "sent DL's" are not coming back as "confirmed DL's" .  And they are usually the best deadlines that are not coming back confirmed.  Randomly every few blocks this is happening and its not because of a quick block change as there is a fair amount of time after the last sent (minutes sometimes) before the next block begins.

Any thoughts?

V2 continues for now still be more profitable than burst.ninja at least for large miners

Yeah, I've tried a few pools... V2 seems to pay closest to what the calculator says and I'll take that over RNG any day. V2 definitely seems the way to go regardless of size, it's pretty spot on.

Still think there should be a publicly available website/wallet with SSL and all the bells and whistles since all your account is is a password.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
mczarnek

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:58:29 PM

Why does it always seem like when a new wallet version comes out, the block finding on the network always seems to get really wonky until everyone is on the same version. Since 1.2.3 it seems like my profits have went down significantly, the number of blocks I've found has also went down significantly (like 1/4 of what it was). It happened with the upgrade to 1.2.2 as well.

After the 92000 fork I mined a fuck ton of blocks (still am) I'm guessing while everyone else is updating their wallet that hasn't.

There DEFINITELY is a correlation between wallet version and luck at finding blocks. It seems to favor older wallets. This week was a perfect example of that. Since the release of 1.2.3 I've been mining on a newer wallet, block find drops to nothing (about 25%), new wallet is enforced, everything is back to normal. I'm not sure what's causing this, but it's there and I'm sure other big miners can chime in on this (or keep exploiting it every time wallets update).

And they are definitely both on the same fork?  I could see the each version mining on it's own fork.. so you're not actually getting paid on the 'real' one?  But there are still enough people mining on that same fork to make it look like it's still going?

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:00:57 PM

Created a tool to find more personal burst-addresses like:
BURST-LUXE-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX

New GUI Version available:

download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!JwgmRBgT!LGLrUEYOaEPiE8p5J7I_DPpPIQxGxSvjxl6l5-vtCIY
support/feedback/sources:
https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/burst-address-generator.759/

screens:

http://s17.postimg.org/ljmso7y0d/burst_gen_config.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/70xapcmbd/burst_gen_result.jpg
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:17:52 PM

And they are definitely both on the same fork?  I could see the each version mining on it's own fork.. so you're not actually getting paid on the 'real' one?  But there are still enough people mining on that same fork to make it look like it's still going?

Pretty sure, otherwise when I end up on the right fork they'd disappear from my mined block history right?

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 02:24:41 AM

Any thoughts?

Yeah, I've tried a few pools... V2 seems to pay closest to what the calculator says and I'll take that over RNG any day. V2 definitely seems the way to go regardless of size, it's pretty spot on.

Still think there should be a publicly available website/wallet with SSL and all the bells and whistles since all your account is is a password.

burst.ninja I believe the issue has been resolved, please let me know if you continue to see it. We've made server changes to fix that particular issue.

edit : There are also some code changes we're currently taking a look at to see if that will allow the issue to be even further handled for the future. To make sure we can accommodate new miners when the community inevitably grows much larger. This coin is still new, and we're doing everything we can to make sure we get everything handled, and get all the necessary features and services available to the community.

Byte Enterprises will continue to work hard for the BURST community. Thank you.

Also, We will have a web wallet with all the bells and whistles shortly. Stay tuned.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 02:25:03 AM

How is the blockchain being updated?

mczarnek

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:38:52 AM

How is the blockchain being updated?

It's not, can't update a torrent Sad

But if a new one is uploaded every month or two, it works too.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
mczarnek

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:44:35 AM

Pretty sure, otherwise when I end up on the right fork they'd disappear from my mined block history right?

True.. sounds like you've checked.

I wonder if what is going on is that the majority of the network hasn't updated yet and all accounts are favoring the blocks of their own version of over the blocks of a different version?  Even old over new? But maybe still accepting new ones or something?

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 02:51:50 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 06:38:54 AM by mmmaybe

Great, thanks Smiley

Can anyone make this pic "shorter"? Less space between the numbers in the right column? Should be doable even in Paint Wink

I give 10K to the one who present the best (or fastest) pic!

EDIT: Ok, 15K up for grabs if you make the table in a size we can publish (and read Wink Smiley

mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 03:00:21 AM

Those with a Twitter account, please retweet the latest tweet from https://twitter.com/real_BURSTCOIN

mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 05:27:31 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 06:03:05 AM by mmmaybe

Can someone try to download the blockchain torrent and seed it, plz? I'm only on 3G.

http://burstcoin.info/download/

Not sure but I think it should work.

EDIT: https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/11848820

Pages: « 1 ... 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: